PDA

View Full Version : Are there any venues or groups in New York City?

Butter_Knife
08-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Hey, I'm a new player who just fell into some cards and barely even knows the rules (I think I understand them, but the resources online aren't all that clear about some things). I've only ever tried it out alone and it seems fun so I'm wondering if anyone in New York City plays it.

ShadowDragon
08-27-2010, 10:46 PM
There are some very strong players in New York, though I'm pretty sure they play at King's Games which if memory serves me right is in/near Brooklyn.

DaiAndOh
08-28-2010, 03:11 AM
Hey, I'm a new player who just fell into some cards and barely even knows the rules (I think I understand them, but the resources online aren't all that clear about some things). I've only ever tried it out alone and it seems fun so I'm wondering if anyone in New York City plays it.

Yo good stuff. NYC used to have quite possibly the best lineup of players, and was def in the top 3 power spots, along with Michigan and Ohio during heyday. Right now though, we don't seem to be as active with current events. Seeing new blood for the first time in forever feels great, PM me your location/address so I can direct you and I'll give you the full low down on venues and players and such.

There are some very strong players in New York, though I'm pretty sure they play at King's Games which if memory serves me right is in/near Brooklyn.

Nah Kings was pretty much the least preferred venue, but they were the biggest so they got majors.

Butter_Knife
08-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Seeing new blood for the first time in forever feels great, PM me your location/address so I can direct you and I'll give you the full low down on venues and players and such.

Well, I'm right in the middle of Manhattan, so I can pretty much get most places I need to.

And in terms of being a new player I can give some advice. It would help if the website were more active looking (Even if they're just posting community written articles or something). I know this site is new and that Jasco is working on it, but from the perspective of someone who just picked up some random cards and wants to try them out, the game seems dead. I also follow Heroclix (Another game that died and came back under a different company) and their web presence is a lot more active because of a giant fan based site (HCRealms). There should at least be a link on the Jasco site to that card gallery site. Without finding that gallery, this game would still feel mysterious to me.

DaiAndOh
08-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Alright, as of now, we have about 3-4 players I know of that are interested. I haven't heard from a lot of others though, I don't know how we're continuing from where we left off at this point though.

Butter_Knife
08-31-2010, 10:02 AM
Well I can always ask a couple of friends who like CCGs if you need more people. I don't think they've played UFS before and I don't personally have a lot of cards (Only enough for 2 people to make decks really), but I'll run it by them.

Don't count on me to exactly be a regular though. I'm just trying things out and having some fun for now. Just let me know where and when you'd be planning to meet and I'll tell them.