PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta PTC is a go! June 28th and 29th!

ATLDrew
05-10-2014, 09:37 AM
So after much deliberation and organization and gnashing of teeth, we finally have a date for the Atlanta Pro Tour Circuit Event! We are also very happy to announce that this event will be using POST-ROTATION STANDARD FORMAT!

Format: Post-Rotation Standard (Legal sets are Red Horizon, Tides of Vengeance, KOF XIII, Ruler of Time, and NeoMax plus all appropriate promos and the Mega Man tins)

Prizes: Top finisher will receive a PLANE TICKET TO EITHER GEN CON OR LAS VEGAS to compete in the UFS World Championships or the US National Championships! Top finisher will also receive a first round bye in either tournament. Current product will be awarded to all top 4/8 finishers.

Cost: $20 pre-register/$25 at the door. Pre-register link will be posted as soon as the site is created.

http://www.jascogames.com/tickets Click here to go and pre-register!

When: June 28th and 29th

Where:
Raven's Nest Games
688 Whitlock Ave NW #400
Marietta, GA 30064
Phone: (678) 637-8000
http://www.rngames.com/

The Raven's Nest is once again being gracious enough to host our rowdy yet devilishly handsome crew and whatever aspiring champions wish to come and test their skills against the South's most delicious team! Come on out, compete, and have a great time! That Raven's Nest is awesome!

What Time?
12:00 PM - Registration
1:00 PM - Round 1!

Pre-Registrants
1. Fernando A. - GA
2. Marc W. - MI
3. Andrew O. - MI
4. Keith D. - MI
5. Matt M. - MI
6. Danny F. - CAN
7. Ben S. - GA
8. Dave - GA
9. Tim K. - CT
10. Matt C. - SC
11. Matt T. - GA
12. Phil B. - MI
13. Thomas G. - OH
14. Ryan C. - SC
15. Jeremy R. - MI
16. Mike L. - CAN
17. Nick A. - GA
18. Thomas R. - GA
19. Christopher B. - FL

We are going to try to get through as much of top 8 as possible on day 1. For those of you that don't make top cuts, we will have plenty to do on Day 2! Stay tuned as ATLPiglet and I are planning something awesome!

We hope that everyone can come and join us for this event! This should be a very diverse and exciting tournament as it will be one of the first to use the new format (which is awesome!). We are expecting players from Michigan, New Orleans, South Carolina, and other top players from across the country so come on out and prove that you are the king of the South!

I also wanted to thank Jasco Games for catering to player requests and allowing this and the Bay Area PTC to use Post-Rotation! The format is a ton of fun and its really goes to show that this game cares about its players. Thank you guys!

boredtodeath0321
05-10-2014, 12:56 PM
Since its close to July 4th tickets are a little pricey but I am going to try to come. Just need to see if I can get Friday and Saturday off. I'll keep you posted also if I can go I'll need a place to crash who wants to show me some southern hospitality.

dart132
05-11-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm in the same boat as Aaron in terms of getting the time off and needing a place to crash. If I can find a pretty cheap flight and can get the time off, I'm there

S_OBrien
05-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Wish my event could have been post rotation. :(

ATLDrew
05-11-2014, 04:41 PM
Wish my event could have been post rotation. :(

:( Jasco is letting us run it post rotation because the event is only 2 days before the cut off.

Danny and Aaron - we will do our best to make sure that you guys are comfy! Let me know if you guys find some affordable tickets and one of us can surely accommodate you.

dutpotd
05-12-2014, 03:12 PM
I am considering attending this, will update as appropriate.

DabalRowRaizah
05-12-2014, 03:22 PM
I am considering attending this, will update as appropriate.

a couple other Canadians are highly considering attending this as well :P

Nfxon
05-12-2014, 06:33 PM
YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED UNLESS YOU ARE EASILY DISAPPOINTED, then probably.

Ken_Masters
05-13-2014, 12:53 PM
I will be there, so no one will be disappointed. Fact.

Hungrynerd
05-15-2014, 07:30 PM
I just pre-registered! Can't wait!

ATLDrew
05-18-2014, 01:23 PM
Updates!

So we can tentatively house about 8 or so people. Out of towners looking to get a room for the Friday/Saturday, post up in here. There are several people that are looking for crash space and splitting a room is extremely cheap if we run out of floor/couch space.

The ticket link has also been added to the main page for those interested in Pre-reg. Make sure you that you pre-reg! It saves you money and allows us to have this event!

http://www.jascogames.com/tickets Go here if you are too lazy to go back to the main page!

I just pre-registered! Can't wait!

SWEETTTTTT! We are 100% on this time. Can't wait!

Drewkasa
05-18-2014, 02:05 PM
Michigan still wants in on this crash space if available. We can grab a hotel if needed just keep me updated so I can in for our guys trying to budget this as much as possible.

boredtodeath0321
05-18-2014, 07:55 PM
Sadly I won't be going couldn't get the time off. Maybe next year.

Alcibiates
05-19-2014, 11:22 AM
New Orleans will have a room at a hotel for Friday and Saturday. Currently all the bed spots are taken up, but if you just need a floor and a roof we can probably house a guy or two.

ATLDrew
05-19-2014, 11:45 AM
AARON NOOOOOOOOOO! Sorry to hear that man. Next year then!

@Bo - THIS MAN IS A HERO! If you guys need floor space, hit up the NO guys. They are rad!

SLAM!
05-21-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm officially going. I'm really excited for this!

Deck Dont Matter
05-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Trying to get my training class in Atlanta for work moved up from Mid July...Rather have someone else pay for my hotel, airfare, and expenses.

HypeMan!
06-01-2014, 10:56 PM
Hype.

ATLDrew
06-06-2014, 04:36 PM
HEY EVERYONE! YOU ALL NEED TO PREGISTER FOR THIS TOURNAMENT! WE ONLY HAD 5 AS OF LAST WEEK... AND THEY WERE ALL FROM MICHIGAN! GET ON IT YOU SCRUBS! LINK IS ON THE OP!

/end caps.

Nfxon
06-07-2014, 08:04 PM
I DID IT!!!!!!
I might show up now :D

SLAM!
06-07-2014, 08:19 PM
HEY EVERYONE! YOU ALL NEED TO PREGISTER FOR THIS TOURNAMENT! WE ONLY HAD 5 AS OF LAST WEEK... AND THEY WERE ALL FROM MICHIGAN! GET ON IT YOU SCRUBS! LINK IS ON THE OP!

/end caps.

If you are cheap like me, pre-registering saves money!! Do it!!

Shaneth
06-11-2014, 01:04 PM
when does pre reg close? cant find it anywhere

ATLDrew
06-16-2014, 02:53 PM
PREREGISTRATION BUMPS!!!!!

Guys PLEASE REMEMBER TO PREREG! WE CANNOT HOLD THIS EVENT UNLESS WE GET EVERYONE PREREGISTERED! IT SAVES YOU 5 DOLLARS SO PLEASE DO IT!

Drewkasa
06-16-2014, 03:01 PM
when does pre reg close? cant find it anywhere

http://www.jascogames.com/tickets

ATLDrew
06-17-2014, 09:44 PM
http://www.jascogames.com/tickets

Hey Shaneth. That link should work now. Fill out the information as though you were a guest and select your preferred payment option. Sorry about the hassle. I think the link just broke.

generalreaction2.0
06-22-2014, 09:25 PM
If anyone still needs a place to crash my house is open. I live near 5 bars and 4 restaurants within walking distance. Also, i smell pretty :)

ATLDrew
06-27-2014, 01:40 PM
Updated front page with information on new start times and pre-reg list! LESS THAN 24 HOURS LEFT!!!!!

Alcibiates
06-28-2014, 04:10 PM
37 Player turnout. Standings as of round 3:

Tim Keefe - 9 Points
Matt Turner - 9 Points
Joshua Kroswek - 9 Points
Ketih Disbro - 7 Points
Chris Barber - 7 Points
Marc Wisniewski - 7 Points
Tyler McCartin - 7 Points
Phil Birch - 7 Points

6 Points
Matt CHildress
Chris Ferguson
Andrew Olexa
Jeremy Ray
Shane Duckworth
Alex Marco
Brian Lee
Ryan Craft

4 Points
Nick Ainsley
Matt Maffei
Ben Shoemaker
Joe Horth
Thomas Ra
Danny Fung

3 Points
Dave Wagoner
Matt McDanniel
Rodney Garland
Vincent Delcroix
Mike Lowe
Nicole Bishue
Fernando Aragon
Ben Lambright
Chris Escarcega

1 Point
Drew Maffei
Ain Naghepour
Hayden Scott

0 Points
Thomas Gordon
Ian Alexander
Keenan Meadows

Undefeated Characters after round 3:
Joe
Jack Lambourne
Iori 2 dot
Syrithe
Elec Man
Vespera
Phil Birch

Looking like six rounds will be played today as well as quarter finals with Semis and Finals being played Sunday.

The Hurricane
06-28-2014, 04:14 PM
Phil Birch <3

NJBrock22
06-28-2014, 05:43 PM
mind going back thru when you have the final standings thru swiss Bo and putting in who everyone's playing

N.J.

Archimedes
06-28-2014, 06:08 PM
Phil Birch <3

He's so dreamy

Cetonis
06-28-2014, 07:56 PM
Top 8:

1) Phil Birch (Evil Birch)
2) Tim Keefe (All Joe)
3) Marc Wisniewski (Death Vespera)
4) Shane Duckworth (Void K')
5) Matt Turner (Earth Jack Lambourne)
6) Ben Shoemaker (Air/Chaos Ben)
7) Tyler McCartin (Order Kim)
8) Ryan Craft (Air Garett)

dutpotd
06-28-2014, 07:59 PM
Go Ryan! Kill that Evil symbol deck in top cuts, and with the better looking character to boot :)

koreymfh
06-28-2014, 08:23 PM
Good job everyone. Bring it home Shane

Archimedes
06-28-2014, 08:34 PM
Tim Keefe is too good at this game.

Brodiewan
06-28-2014, 08:43 PM
Kim made top 8! Kick shenanigans gooooooooooooooo!

Archimedes
06-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Kim is actually an insanely good character that nobody pays attention to.

darthnoir
06-28-2014, 08:46 PM
Go Slam!!!

Shaneth
06-28-2014, 09:21 PM
Phil Birch
Tim Keefe
Marc Wisniewski
Shane Duckworth

Your top 4 to be played tomorrow

Archimedes
06-28-2014, 10:01 PM
Tim keefe is too good at this game

Shinji Mimura
06-28-2014, 10:52 PM
Old Man Shane in top 4. Good for him

wafflecopter
06-29-2014, 12:33 AM
7 symbols in top 8. Is UFS too good?

vaporgecko
06-29-2014, 08:47 AM
K' is ripping it up!

Shaneth
06-29-2014, 11:25 AM
I have to face either Tim or Marc in finals, they are on game 3.

darthnoir
06-29-2014, 11:38 AM
Congrats Shane. That was a challenging field to compete against.

dutpotd
06-29-2014, 11:54 AM
Good work Shane - can't wait to hear who takes it, can't help but hope for good games for all because I have no idea who to cheer for at this point (some of my favorite players in this top 4).

dutpotd
06-29-2014, 11:57 AM
Also - I'm just gonna stir the pot - NO ATLANTA players in their own top 4?

Guess they gotta pick up their socks for gencon because right now it's obvious to me Michigan > Atlanta!!! BOOM!!!

Mekjian
06-29-2014, 12:00 PM
(BOOM!!!)

Wow, I heard that echo off the great lakes. How does that even happen!?

Sketch
06-29-2014, 12:07 PM
I'll call myself out and say that I played like complete crap the whole tournament.

I have faith in the deck I piloted (Tim Keefe Water Blazing Storm/Deadly Precision) just misplayed it massively - lack of trigger time with the deck really hurt me in a few key moments, and I had a few brainfarts that put me on tilt for the rest of the day, which is rare.

Shoe and Piglet both hit T8 with Ben Shoemaker and Jack Lambourne, respectively.

Don't you worry Garett, I'll be back at GenCon to shut you up. :D

vaporgecko
06-29-2014, 12:15 PM
I feel you sir. I did the exact same thing at our PTC.

Shaneth
06-29-2014, 12:16 PM
K' vs Vespera in finals.

dutpotd
06-29-2014, 12:29 PM
Oh, but I am worried ^^

Especially when I hear you say you have faith in a Tim Keefe deck.

You Atlanteans do best when you are playing Piercing Howl decks (Keenan last ATL PTC, you/Drew at US nats). Go back to what you are good at for worlds so it can finally get banned! Oh wait, I'm sure Ben was sporting it in him, he just - uh - I blame the weird doll thing.

And when will Piglet learn these throw decks just don't win tournaments - despite their guaranteed wins against suckers in swiss, they are bound to run into a deck prepared for them in top cuts :)

Smack talk is on, but my free advice is off, all I'm saying is Michigan is in your house stealing your prizes!

dutpotd
06-29-2014, 12:31 PM
K' vs Vespera in finals.

Good luck to both, should be a good matchup.

Twin44
06-29-2014, 12:32 PM
GO SHANE!!! Mess that spider up!!!!!

Mekjian
06-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Michigan has big spiders.

toysoldyours
06-29-2014, 01:20 PM
Im sad panda that joe didn't hit finals. Block cheese spider vs block cheese emo

wafflecopter
06-29-2014, 01:27 PM
Also - I'm just gonna stir the pot - NO ATLANTA players in their own top 4?

Guess they gotta pick up their socks for gencon because right now it's obvious to me Michigan > Atlanta!!! BOOM!!!
Michigan is tier 2 next to Northeast UFS. You were there when Rochester alone took 4 of the top 8 slots in Michigan PT last year, now you see Penn taking as many top 8 slots as anyone

dutpotd
06-29-2014, 01:37 PM
You were there when Rochester alone took 4 of the top 8 slots in Michigan PT last year

And then there were none in top 4?

Sorry, but Michigan and Atlanta are still tier 1 and 2 as far as playgroups go. The cardboard results speak for themselves :)

Sure, you've (assuming you associate yourself with NE UFS) got on cardboard thrice, but twice you piloted my creations and the other was against me playing a fun deck - so I reserve the right to judge.

Don't worry, I am the caretaker of all the stats. Atlanta needs to pull up its socks, but this phantom NE UFS needs to put on its socks before it can be in the esteemed position to be told to pull them up!

Hehehe, hopefully this talk will make you guys up your game at gencon, if only to shut me up ^^

Shaneth
06-29-2014, 01:45 PM
I will be seeing all of u in Vegas!!!!

dutpotd
06-29-2014, 01:46 PM

Congrats Shaneth!!!

S_OBrien
06-29-2014, 02:11 PM
And then there were none in top 4?

Sorry, but Michigan and Atlanta are still tier 1 and 2 as far as playgroups go. The cardboard results speak for themselves :)

Sure, you've (assuming you associate yourself with NE UFS) got on cardboard thrice, but twice you piloted my creations and the other was against me playing a fun deck - so I reserve the right to judge.

Don't worry, I am the caretaker of all the stats. Atlanta needs to pull up its socks, but this phantom NE UFS needs to put on its socks before it can be in the esteemed position to be told to pull them up!

Hehehe, hopefully this talk will make you guys up your game at gencon, if only to shut me up ^^

We may have less cardboard, but our lot is constantly taking a lot of spots at the top tables. It's time to end the old dynasties.

dutpotd
06-29-2014, 02:17 PM
We may have less cardboard, but our lot is constantly taking a lot of spots at the top tables. It's time to end the old dynasties.

That's the spirit! But, with someone blessed with many second place finishes myself, I can tell you spots mean nothing if you don't convert. Tell your 'lot' to bring their A game to Gencon this year, I don't want to be disappointed :)

ps. Obligatory, 'Canada will be bringing their Eh Game, Eh'

wafflecopter
06-29-2014, 02:17 PM
I think you failed to account for Tim Keefe. The rest of you need to take note -- we ran the Empire Circuit to keep ourselves sharp. You all just played locals and sometimes traveled to "majors". MAKE YOUR OWN MAJORS, spread this awesome game, and you'll win at cards and at life.

dutpotd
06-29-2014, 02:23 PM
I think you failed to account for Tim Keefe. The rest of you need to take note -- we ran the Empire Circuit to keep ourselves sharp. You all just played locals and sometimes traveled to "majors". MAKE YOUR OWN MAJORS, spread this awesome game, and you'll win at cards and at life.

I don't disagree with the advice, but I didn't fail to count Tim Keefe. +1 cardboard doesn't mean that NE UFS is significantly closer to Atlanta/Michigan, and that is both recently and in the past.

Tim may have called the store to order the socks, but no one picked them up yet for NE UFS to put on. Maybe worlds will change my mind, maybe :)

Mekjian
06-29-2014, 02:32 PM
#SLAMatATL2014NeverForget

SLAM!
06-29-2014, 02:33 PM
I'm not going to join in the :):):):) talk, but congrats Shane. Your deck was terrific and you played well, man.

PvtChurch
06-29-2014, 02:42 PM
I've been savagely trying to buy socks for Winnipeg, but these people are comfortable in their Heroclix sandals, it seems...

Well, I'll be venturing alone to UFS at gencon, and am going to try my hardest to get to PTCs post gencon!

Bringin' the Eh game alone is better than not at all!

dutpotd
06-29-2014, 02:46 PM
Bringin' the Eh game alone is better than not at all!

You aren't alone we are just really spread out.

That said, I'm not stupid enough to say Canada is up there with Michigan/Atlanta. I'm content to throw stones from the position of 'travelling collector of data'.

PvtChurch
06-29-2014, 03:20 PM
That said, I'm not stupid enough to say Canada is up there with Michigan/Atlanta.

Ha, I am cool with "Canada" being considered a region, like Michigan, ATL or NE.

We may be spread out, but our hearts are aligned through Tim's coffee and gold coins!... And horrible shipping rates & times for UFS product. We all share that pain, I believe.

dutpotd
06-29-2014, 03:25 PM
Ha, I am cool with "Canada" being considered a region, like Michigan, ATL or NE.

We may be spread out, but our hearts are aligned through Tim's coffee and gold coins!... And horrible shipping rates & times for UFS product. We all share that pain, I believe.

Yep, and I have it on good authority that there will be at LEAST 2 different top 8 teams with Canadian content at Gencon this year.

vaporgecko
06-29-2014, 03:28 PM

Excellent! I knew K' would show so long as he's piloted by a professional! I'm looking forward to seeing the deck list.

boredtodeath0321
06-29-2014, 03:42 PM
I guess I need to put cali in this race we have our socks picked out and trying to put them on we at least figured out how to get one on the other will be on soon

Shaneth
06-29-2014, 07:28 PM
I'm not going to join in the :):):):) talk, but congrats Shane. Your deck was terrific and you played well, man.

Marc u played excellent, congrats on your top!

Skull_Knight
06-29-2014, 08:19 PM
I am so rusty at ufs =( but now I'm determined to be good by worlds this year.

Congrats to everyone who made top 8 and Shane for winning. It was awesome seeing everyone after such a long time. Hope to see you all again at other events.

rAn
06-29-2014, 08:35 PM
http://imgur.com/a/xqrMT

Random pictures from the weekend, should've posted these up in real time!

S_OBrien
06-29-2014, 09:08 PM
That's the spirit! But, with someone blessed with many second place finishes myself, I can tell you spots mean nothing if you don't convert.

When you're a Bills fan like me, we're used to not converting.

However, the North East will bring card board home again this year.

rAn
06-29-2014, 09:11 PM
When you're a Bills fan like me, we're used to not converting.

However, the North East will bring card board home again this year.

You're a Bills fan? Congratulations of having the 2 greatest players to ever put on a Clemson uniform on your team! Sammy Watkins and CJ Spiller are the reason the Bills are now my #2 team!

S_OBrien
06-29-2014, 09:24 PM
You're a Bills fan? Congratulations of having the 2 greatest players to ever put on a Clemson uniform on your team! Sammy Watkins and CJ Spiller are the reason the Bills are now my #2 team!

Been a Bills fan all my life. Since Jim Kelly.

Magnusotls
06-29-2014, 11:45 PM
I want deck lists

Alcibiates
06-30-2014, 11:57 AM
Working on decklists and a final standings to post up. Top 4 on Sunday+drive home didn't leave me much time to get everything done last night. Expecting things to go up early this afternoon.