PDA

View Full Version : Banned/Errata List is up

jason
06-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Hey everyone,

Please check out the UFS Rules, or the Banned list listed under Events to see the new banned and errata list for each format.

Have fun building decks for Worlds and I can't wait to see what kind of decks we see!

Baranor
06-19-2010, 07:10 PM
I totally approve. I think this will free up some really diverse strategies.

SirShajir
06-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Yes this is good.
No PotM Hata and a newer Astrid.

Ken_Masters
06-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Banning PotM...I've got mixed feelings.
Banning Hata...I'm not a fan of.
Banning Stand Off....I'm all for.

B-Rad
06-19-2010, 09:55 PM
Mmm interesting indeed. Honestly I think the biggest shocker will be Astrid losing her ability to turtle.

Nubian God
06-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Am I the only one that's shocked that Amy's Assistance was banned?

I'm kinda disappointed they banned Hata instead of nixing his damage or speed pump, but life goes on.

I'm sad to see PotM go for the sole reason I've enjoyed the static and the drawing 1 card after playing a symbol specific ability. Hopefully a card will be released down the line that'll mimic this mechanic, as promoting symbol only abilities certainly can't hurt the game.

And lol at Jedah-only Ira Spintas. I know of one person who's picking up Jedah in Extended solely for this reason.

Viewtiful Joe
06-20-2010, 03:57 AM
I agree with all the bannings and erratas, it'll just be strange that so many are gone. With Spinta gone, my Donovan deck won't work nearly as well as it did, but then again, neither will anyone elses. I'll still stick with the big guy, I reckon. :D

Woth regards to standard, I quite like Astrid's errata, as it doesn't stop her from being good, it just means she has to make a choice as to what she wants to do until late game (where she'll have foundations that pump her reversals anyway :P) and reversal Pommel Smash is still dirty.

Omega
06-20-2010, 04:06 AM
And lol at Jedah-only Ira Spintas. I know of one person who's picking up Jedah in Extended solely for this reason.
YEAH THAT'S ME YOU WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?! >=/

Mixed feelings. The errata are pretty spot on, but the bannings leave me feeling rather like this -> =/

Especially Kunai being banned, of all things. Might've gone after Chain Throw instead...or not bothered, since it's Legacy. xD

Eithinis
06-20-2010, 05:19 AM
Well, Kunai was easily the biggest enable in legacy. Card was down right dumb. Kunai is what made Chain Throw so bad, really. And... allowed for first turn kills in some evil and such decks.

Aside from that, I agree with the bans completely. PoTM due to availability needed to go, although for balance reasons it really skewed things. Why give a symbol a finisher, when you can just PoTM it?

Standoff had to go. It was just the problem card of the format. With it gone, fire has lost a lot of it's defensive shenanigans and the game gets to speed up to it's wanted tempo again.

Hata I agree with 100% as well. free speed and damage pump for simply playing the game made things a bit too ridiculous. He was no question the best character in the format.

Nubian God
06-20-2010, 08:16 AM
My problem is the fact that they go and errata one character, but outright ban another. If they would've went and banned both characters, I guess it'd sit better with me. Anyways, we'll see how this shakes things up. Off to brainstorm!

Amano Jacu
06-20-2010, 09:37 AM
I agree 100% with the banned list and with the errata (except for Paul's Gi, but oh well) in Standar. The banned cards had to go, and with the errata Astrid is still good, but just not dumb.

About extended, I agree with most of the stuff there. BRT and Zi Mei* had to go, Ira Spinta is as good as gone. I would have left Defender now that Lord of the Makai is banned, though. As I said before, Starter Akuma should have been banned or errated as well.

Where I totally disagree is with legacy, which is the only format we play here in Barcelona (SPAIN) the very few players left. Out of the 3 cards in the list, I would have banned Yoga and Emptiness before Kunai. I agree Kunai is dumb, especially having the evil symbol, but I would have banned other stuff before that.

Bloodrunstrue
06-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Awesome Ivy and Chritie are now the worst decks in standards :D _

But otherwise I love this new list, my games club might disagree though.

Ninjazanus
06-20-2010, 03:54 PM
I still think Ivy is playable, and lots of fun, but thats not what I really want to talk about.

First off, despite being an avid Earth player, I'm happy with the 4 point bannings and am pretty surprised more stuff (especially earth stuff) didnt get hit, especially program malfunction. However, the only thing on the review list I'm unhappy didnt get banned was Tira's Contract and sorta Make a Difference. Tira's is way better than Abelia imo and keeps even more turtling options, bet what ever, I'll be content with the big stuff being gone.

Good Job Jasco.

ATLDrew
06-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Ivy and Christie are actually playable now. Sure POTM going was bad for them (especially Christie). But Stand Off going was HUGE for both of them. The fact that this card was in EVERY competitive deck made those two characters garbage. Once your opponent resolved a Stand Off, the game was over as you couldn't poke them out. Now that it's gone, I think that both decks become much more playable. I will be testing a little more with Ivy in the next week and let you know if it's more theory fighter than functional but busting through stand off was ivy's biggest weakness. Path was just her only good answer to it.

NJBrock22
06-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Standard:

James, YES, too many loopholes even if you errata him out the A$#. Good Riddence

Path, REALLY think this should have been errata'd to +X where X equals the cards in your card pool, but still, also reprinting of Steel's Bane would have HELPED here...

Stand Off, YES, as stated earlier, slows the game down to a STALL.

Extended:

Amy's Assistance, really? am i missing something it wasn't THAT broken to begin with, never had a problem with it in legacy or extended.

Indy Opperative, seriously if people have a problem with this card, meh...

Battle Prowess, i've got mixed feelings about this one, this did enable certain characters to just turtle up and laugh(off earth)[hence why Yuri and her support should NEVER have had earth, yes i realize huitzil has water] but in a way i'm glad to see it gone.

Abelia's, uh... again, WHY?

BRT, GOOD RIDDANCE, as i'm sure everyone feels, anyone want to set up a bonfire for their coppies of that card.

Zi Mei, really needed to have an added cost to her response but still... if thats what people were having problems with.

Defender, S-M only would have sufficed, but yeah, too many loops with any form of momentum gen, for those out of the know, yeah LOTM is gone but you got Fio & B. Jenet who can STILL abuse this card.

Darkness Blade, if you're really concerned with this card because of people's indecision to rule on it(WEAK Rulings btw) then you should rule that it should be stopped by ANYTHING that can stop ANY Commitals, and be done with it... geez.

Legacy:

Kunai, yes, eventhough i think it needed an errata at best, it may need to go.

Errata:

Astrid, meh, kinda makes the abilites clash, but it kinda makes it intriguing... and really destroys the strategy guide i wrote for her(TYVM...)

Paul's Gi, meh

Ultimate Team & Hammer of the Gods, can see why the errata was made to these, X & Amy's cards really screw with the block mods.

Torn Hero, at least no more ruling problems should happen anymore.

I-Spin, a compromise, i still hate the card.

Wierd left outs:

Akuma6, no errata... really...

Sophie5, weren't we saying she's too overpowered, maybe not.

Shinobi Tradition, i'd errata this to read as follows:

Shinobi Tradition(Foundation)
[Evil, Life, Water]
After this card is commited for the cost of a card or ability it may not be readied for the rest of this turn.
R: After you play a card, ready this card. Playable while commited.
Diff: 2 Control: 5

keeps the loops from going on forever and forever that way.

Yoga, i just make it read like Silver Spoon and it's fixed.

N.J.

Krozwak
06-22-2010, 09:22 AM
I am personally happy with everything Jasco has done with the list. Was a little skeptical about Paul's Gi but you can see where they are coming from on the fact that stun is really big. Even though I ran order Amy Being able to give an attack plus x damage is ridiculous so Hammer and the Ultimate team did need that errata.

As for extended same thing goes except for Defender could have added this effect may only be played once per turn or only playable on your opponents turn and it would have been fine since LotM is out.

Legacy I was the happiest. Only card that needed to go was kunai and Jasco saw that.

So overall Jasco is doing an amazing job and hopefully it will only get better from here.

Tagrineth
06-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Amy's Assistance, really? am i missing something it wasn't THAT broken to begin with, never had a problem with it in legacy or extended.

Easy and generally reliable -5 damage off the top of just about any attack without even a minimum. Not broken? Gimme some of that crack please. Amy's + Battle Prowess = even Leona's 14 vit becomes monstrous. Even without anything else, most general utility attacks average around 5 base damage, and there aren't any pumps strong enough to compete with the -5. Where one Amy's drops an attack by 5, you use two pumps to give it +2-3 each, and they use one Amy's again to nullify your two pumps.

Indy Opperative, seriously if people have a problem with this card, meh...

Battle Prowess, i've got mixed feelings about this one, this did enable certain characters to just turtle up and laugh(off earth)[hence why Yuri and her support should NEVER have had earth, yes i realize huitzil has water] but in a way i'm glad to see it gone.

Abelia's, uh... again, WHY?

These three cards together mean damage that you do successfully push through Amy's and similar damage nerfs won't ever stick. If you didn't get to see the absurd 'Gief-mill deck in action, Abelia's was one of its most prominent lifegain cards, especially since it's basically F Commit: Gain 5 life and draw a card. Add to that its stellar stats... At the last wave of FFG bans, Steve was actually talking about wanting to ban both Gief5 and Abelia's because he HATES mill decks with a passion, and that deck was a STAIN on the format.

Zi Mei, really needed to have an added cost to her response but still... if thats what people were having problems with.

No, the Enhance was the problem. Nearly-free +3-4ish on every attack was absolutely dumb, especially with her access to powerful throws as well as her own Fury of the Ancients which is stupidly overpowered with her E:. A 7/20 does NOT deserve such an overpowered E:.

Defender, S-M only would have sufficed, but yeah, too many loops with any form of momentum gen, for those out of the know, yeah LOTM is gone but you got Fio & B. Jenet who can STILL abuse this card.

Yup, this, big time. Even without explicit momentum gen, you can also drop a string of attacks, and next turn just bounce a Throw over and over, using the momentum & Defender to nullify progressive difficulty for a while. It's unfortunately a seriously overpowered card, and even making it Seong Mi-Na only (like Spinta's errata) wouldn't have helped a damn thing because Mi-Na3 is so good.

Darkness Blade, if you're really concerned with this card because of people's indecision to rule on it(WEAK Rulings btw) then you should rule that it should be stopped by ANYTHING that can stop ANY Commitals, and be done with it... geez.

Part of it is the wonky interaction (despite Torn Hero's errata making the interaction seamless), the other part is that it's just too much easy muscle, especially as a Reversal. DB and Spike are perfect examples of cards that even the notorious and devastating 1cc doesn't balance out... they're simply too much power, but at least Spike is hampered by subpar Felicias. DB has two wicked good Morrigans, making Morrigan Only a bad idea.

Akuma6, no errata... really...

He's now lost several key tools (notably, he already lost Rejection and now BRT and Amy's are out of the picture) making his low VIT a much greater concern than it once was, especially since OTHER aggro decks will surface with all the brutally excessive lifegain/redux out of the way.

Shinobi Tradition, i'd errata this to read as follows:

Shinobi Tradition(Foundation)
[Evil, Life, Water]
After this card is commited for the cost of a card or ability it may not be readied for the rest of this turn.
R: After you play a card, ready this card. Playable while commited.
Diff: 2 Control: 5

keeps the loops from going on forever and forever that way.

It's a little too complex an errata I think. Plus with Kunai gone it can't be abused nearly as hard as it once was, since re-using it over and over will probably require stuffing up your card pool pretty fast. It's still really really good, obviously, but you have to admit losing Kunai really hurts this card too.

The cards I didn't refer to in this post directly I generally agree with 100%, though I'd still really like to see the Steel's Bane reprint happen.

ScottGaines
06-22-2010, 02:05 PM
I think this banned errata list is great personally.

Da_ghetto_gamer
06-22-2010, 02:34 PM
I still think chain throw and absurd need to be looked at for legacy...i know CT wont be as bad with kunai gone but its still the best attack ever printed behind maybe concealed shallow swipe and Spiral arrow(Both banned btw)

As for the actually list defender should have been made SM only so its at least playable at all....and pauls gi should have been left alone as for the rest of it im actually pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Im happy with them not banning tiras i feel that its needed to nerf one-shot decks and ridiculous throws

Omega
06-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Defender had no reason to be banned due to the lack of usable momentum generation. =/

ScottGaines
06-22-2010, 11:45 PM
dude omega there is plenty of mom gain in extended. trust me on this. la superba gets you two an enhance, sure it costs you cards from your staging area but it doesn't matter when you mega spike them 15 times, plus promo balanka off chaos is just nasty. you can also splash white magic off symbol.

Omega
06-23-2010, 12:16 AM
Meh. Lots of ways to counteract that, too. =P

I just don't really care about Defender. I've lost to it one time, ever. DAMN YOU JON HERR

Is it sad that I'm seriously trying to find a use for Jedah? >:

ScottGaines
06-23-2010, 12:17 AM
yes omega, yes it is. just run order beats with reppa, mega spike, mega stake and other crap lol. fatal disruptor is hella good. anti multiple and gets cards back from momentum. also jubei is dumb with throws.

Habeck
06-23-2010, 10:15 PM
All the standard ban hammerings seem to be with good intention at the heart. I mean I love card utility but Hata and Stand Off broke that stuff wild. Path had a cool idea hoepfully parts of it can come back later but not as so broke sauce.

Omega
06-23-2010, 11:28 PM
You're just jealous of what iSpin and I have, Scott. ;.;

WHY MUST YOU STAND IN THE WAY OF OUR LOVE

ScottGaines
06-24-2010, 12:54 AM
lol omega i'm not hating, it's just true :)

Lono
06-24-2010, 01:29 AM
I'm a little irked by the erratas on Ultimate Team and HotG, but I understand it. On one hand, I really liked the idea of order getting pumps and such via block manipulation. On the other hand though...it has Fire. Fire already good.

Hatman
06-24-2010, 10:07 AM
Is it sad that I'm seriously trying to find a use for Jedah? >:
Momentum gain like mad with Air, go for Sacred Temple, commit everything, use I-Spin for control.

Tagrineth
06-24-2010, 02:40 PM
And the best part is: watching your opponents walk right into Liquid Form.

Omega
06-24-2010, 08:23 PM
^ dis right here

Too bad that without my hax, I can no longer play iSpin on their turn and clear their card pool of all those hard-won foundations. >:

Hatman
06-25-2010, 12:00 AM
And the best part is: watching your opponents walk right into Liquid Form.

That does it.

I must now build Jedah.

Bloodrunstrue
06-25-2010, 02:18 AM
Wait a minute.......

I'm banned from Extended format? Oh noes ;(

Well looks like it'll have to be Legacy for me :(