PDA

View Full Version : Looking Forward to the new set

SMazzurco
08-31-2010, 09:09 AM
So i got together and got to actually do some decent playing last night against rockstar and vapergecko.

The game is so much fun right now. The card pool has been around a while though, and I am REALLY looking forward to this new set coming out.

Not at all saying the card pool is "stagnant" or anything, but just there is a lot of symbols/characters that are missing "something" and i am hoping to see some of it in the next set.

Who else is stoked for red horizon?!

RockStar
08-31-2010, 09:36 AM
Woot! Fun times last night, bruddah! Lookin' forward to more US Nats Tune-Ups in the near future!!

And, yeah, i don't think it's possible for me to be anymore excited for RH than i already am! Spoilers can't be spoiled fast enough! The Pre-Release can't drop fast enough!!

Oh look, Ma! A post with nothin' but exclamation points!!!!! :P

SMazzurco
08-31-2010, 10:11 AM
oh and i almost forgot YUN SEONG IS STUPID.

lol

Vaper: "I'll needs a challenge"
Me: "Ok here is my hand (reveals PotE, PotE, Cold and Indifferent, Cold and Indifferent)"
Vaper: (counts my momentum, 1,2,3,4) "Ok thats stupid"

dutpotd
08-31-2010, 10:35 AM
I think everyone is looking forward to the new set. We have a month and a bit still to go though. My playerbase should be okay with this timeframe though granted we didn't play 'that much' with Quest for Souls because the December announcment was a week after we received our shipment of that set...

But yeah, you guys better be practicing for US Nats and Vegas ^^

- dut

Ninja's rule
08-31-2010, 10:38 AM
I am extremely excited about the release of Red Horizon, moreso than perhaps anyother set that has been released previously (of course this is probably due to the fact that there hasn't been a set released since last Nov/Dec and this upcomming set is considered the "rebirth" of the game). I'm particularly excited about seeing the characters spoiled to see what they can do and how they will interact with the rest of cards played in Standard.
Hopefully Red Horizon will continue the trend in UFS of exciting fast paced games with lots' of attacks and close matches that come down to the wire. So to answer your question, I AM SO STOKED!!!

RockStar
08-31-2010, 10:47 AM
But yeah, you guys better be practicing for US Nats and Vegas ^^

- dut

Let the trash talking commence!! :)

Trip Se7ens
08-31-2010, 11:17 AM
I hope I can find a way to win with 1-2 attacks... :)

SMazzurco
08-31-2010, 11:46 AM
I hope I can find a way to win with 1-2 attacks... :)

Mill?

Mill is too short, so now i will say General Mills, which if you win in this meta via mill deck i think must be your new username, as well as a manufacturer of breakfast products

Hatman
08-31-2010, 12:21 PM
Looking forward to a set without Fire. That symbol can go die in a...

Erm, yeah.

SMazzurco
08-31-2010, 12:32 PM

Erm, yeah.

in a WATER?

I am one of the few who (at least for now) could care less about water. I need me some order shennanigans

RockStar
08-31-2010, 01:05 PM

Erm, yeah.

I find it funny that there is so much Fire hate, and yet the top 2 decks at Worlds were Chaos and Good, with a Top 8 finish of Death and Earth (i think??).

Guess it's fair since i don't care much for the old Void Control shenanigans from Block 1, nor the Evil Shenanigans from Block 2...

B-Rad
08-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Mill?

Mill is too short, so now i will say General Mills, which if you win in this meta via mill deck i think must be your new username, as well as a manufacturer of breakfast products

Mill CAN work with Nina. I've seen it done. The problem is it's just a smidge too slow right now. Plus it lost it's greatest foundation defense card in Stand Off, but it still has P2P

HypeMan!
08-31-2010, 01:13 PM
The only way I want mill to speed up is for mill attacks to start popping up.

SMazzurco
08-31-2010, 01:24 PM
As long as they don't print a character who CCs from your opponents deck im ok with mill

HypeMan!
08-31-2010, 01:25 PM
M'm Ditto.

Trip Se7ens
08-31-2010, 06:29 PM
I'd glad change my name to General Mills, if they gave me Sakura and my all life gain back! :D

Hatman
08-31-2010, 10:18 PM
I find it funny that there is so much Fire hate, and yet the top 2 decks at Worlds were Chaos and Good, with a Top 8 finish of Death and Earth (i think??).

Guess it's fair since i don't care much for the old Void Control shenanigans from Block 1, nor the Evil Shenanigans from Block 2...

Who said it was because Fire was too strong?

It's a boring symbol, it's not fun to play, and even with Mitsurugi giving Fire some cards to try and HOPEFULLY modify the deck, they still managed to pigeonhole the symbol into one deck, with 1-2 cards different depending on the starting character.

Just set 14 gave Fire 7 characters out of a possible 16. SEVEN. ALMOST HALF THE CHARACTERS HAD FIRE.

Set 15 and 16 attempted to give us less cards with Fire on it, but with 5 characters released in the sets, only one of them having the symbol meant approx. 20% of the cards in the set had Fire on them.

So, blame me if you must for wanting less Fire in Standard, but with the sheer abundance of cards the symbol has access to at this point, I wouldn't shed a single tear if it was completely out of the next set. We have 11 other symbols. Maybe it's time we saw them a little bit more.

HypeMan!
08-31-2010, 10:41 PM
I never have not had fun playing Fire honestly. Maybe when I was completely Void locked way back, but it's always been my symbol of choice and I find it quite fun and rewarding. Though it does have a lot of support and I'd like to see a branch out into other symbols soon.

RockStar
08-31-2010, 11:19 PM
I concede that Fire as a symbol has a very particular style of play. It's an early game Aggro rush, for sure. What becomes fun, imo, is that it's still not a guarantee. You have to have the right cards as a T1 drop. If you think you can kill on T2, you have to go for it! This means, you need to know exactly what your deck can and can't do, and you're probably going to be aggressive when it comes to T1 mulligans.

It's a different kind of chess game at that point; sorta a game within a game. :) But, i'm much more of an Aggro style player, and that's my take on it. :)

Tagrineth
09-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Just set 14 gave Fire 7 characters out of a possible 16.

I was confused until I realised you were referring to set 12. lol

madeofwin
09-01-2010, 04:05 AM
I'm hoping earth gets some decent support this time around after getting next to nothing in quest of souls, also hoping for a bit of balanced vitality gain, maybe once per turn or very conditional abilities, possibly desperation based effects. Really want to see some of the underused keywords getting a bit more support, punchs/ranged/desperation etc. Here's also hoping for a few interesting control cards, nothing broken but something that makes people think, like cchax that you can only use if you've taken damage from an opponent this turn or tag along that blanks both players abilities until the end of your next turn. I want cards that make people think more than speed pump/damage pump/win!