PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when USPS screws up?

aslum
09-10-2010, 08:38 PM
So I sent out some cards over two weeks ago, and to the best of my knowledge KZ still hasn't gotten them. Unfortunately I don't have more of the cards to send, or I'd just send 'em again (it was foily close throws) and hope the Post Office didn't screw up again. How long should I wait to see if the letter is "returned to sender" and I can mail it again?

Has anything like this happened to you? What did you do? What should I do? I don't wanna leave the man hanging.

KodiakZero
09-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Lmao i just checked the mail. Got em...after 3 (insert really bad word here) weeks! ><

aslum
09-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Hurrah! And here I was thinking about going to the craft store and getting some opalescent paint and making some of the regular close throws shiney w/ my "craft skills".

Seriously though, surely this kind of thing has happened to other people? What do you do? Suck it up and mail replacement cards when you can? Mail back the cards you traded for? Knight Breaker the Post master?

Loon
09-10-2010, 09:07 PM
The one time it happened to me, I sucked it up and sent the cards again. The "sucked it up" part is key because it really, really sucked. Those cards I didn't have extras of (Dirty pool...), I had to go out and trade for.

JinKazama
09-10-2010, 09:11 PM
lol atleast you didn't loose your set of dirty pool in the confusion that is moving. All my good legacy is either n storage or the trash somewhere. Although this has nothing to do with trading.

LuchaHeroAl
09-10-2010, 09:49 PM
I always shell out the extra 80 cents for shipping confirmation.

KodiakZero
09-10-2010, 10:09 PM
I always shell out the extra 80 cents for shipping confirmation.

Sounds like a good idea. Didn't know it only cost about $1.

SMazzurco
09-11-2010, 12:07 AM
only prob is if your mailman is an idiot and delivers to the WRONG address, they still show it "confirmed" as delivered.

I have been waiting on cards from omega for 2 months now...something tells me it isn't the PO mistake.

Token sent me cards (he is canadian, i am US), he got mine in like 3 days, i got his like 3 weeks later lol.

Sometimes the PO loses things, and then later finds them and sends them. Nothing in life is a guarantee though.

GrandmasterAmon
09-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Token sent me cards (he is canadian, i am US), he got mine in like 3 days, i got his like 3 weeks later lol.

I had the same issue when I traded with Token.

Poor guy. lol.

Fragbait
09-11-2010, 12:38 PM
If you use UPS, you get a tracking number. Do that next time.

Shinguyi
09-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Isn't UPS more expensive though? I'd rather stick with USPS and get a tracking number though. ^^;
Just my personal tastes though.

TripsEX
09-29-2010, 03:21 PM
USPS seems to screw up at my place all the time, because I have a letter in my house number. They're good with time usually, but I'll be damned if I don't get back a lot of trades right off the bat because the mailman just drops all the mail in the wrong slot.

brislove
09-29-2010, 04:25 PM
I haven't had any of my stuff flat-out go missing, but there has been times where a post office has demolished the envelope, and the person I was trading in only get one out of the 10-15 cards I had sent him. I always send my cards by physically going to the post office where I can get a receipt that proves I sent my end out though just in case.

Edit: This is ShadowDragon hijacking Ben's account.

JinKazama
09-29-2010, 05:09 PM
What can you do? Can you go to the po to inquire about mail sent?

Tagrineth
09-29-2010, 11:27 PM
I always, ALWAYS use padded envelopes instead of regular envelopes.

Though there was one trade I did on the PokeGym that mysteriously arrived at the destination in a torn-up regular envelope with one of the two cards missing. The guy proceeded to ragequit the game for like two years after that... I felt so horrible about it, he didn't even log into the forum to see my explanation that I didn't even use said envelope, etc...

Anyway the one time my cards actually failed to arrive at their destination, I had extras so I bit the bullet and re-sent.

TripsEX
09-30-2010, 11:41 AM
One time I killed a man.

In cold blood, just so I could taste the horror.

That man will never destroy my mail ever again.