Chris Escarcoga .Ralf
Kieth Disboro .Felicia

Diversified Players:
Garrison Bunnell
Keenan Meadows

Cetonis
08-02-2015, 08:37 AM
Unconfirmed, but based on a couple fb scraps it sounds like top 8 is:

Garett Brett (Garett Brett) vs. Matt Turner (Clark)
Kevin Broberg (Tim Keefe) vs. Paul Bittner (Paul Bittner)
Phil Birch (Gemini Man) vs. Dave Wagoner (Pharaoh Man)
Jeffrey Kahn (Snake Man) vs. Bryce Tvetor (Kim)

?

S_OBrien
08-02-2015, 09:55 AM
Top 16:
Garret Brett (W) vs. Jeremy Ray (L)
Kevin Broberg (W) vs. Mike Hardiman (L)
Ryan Field (L) vs. Matthew Turner (W)
Phil Birch (W) vs. Clint Badger (L)
Jeffrey Kahn (W) vs. Devin Bernier (L)
Bryce Tvetor (W) vs. Danielle Tyler (L)
Paul Bittner (W) vs. Matt Hughes (L)

S_OBrien
08-02-2015, 10:11 AM
Top 8:
Garrett Brett (W) vs. Matthew Turner (L)
Kevin Broberg (L) vs. Paul Bittner (W)
Phil Birch (L) vs. Dave Wagner (W)
Jeffrey Kahn (W) vs.Bryce Tvetor (L)

Nemesis
08-02-2015, 10:50 AM
That is a fierce top 8 right there

toysoldyours
08-02-2015, 11:01 AM
Things are heating up. Top 4 here we go!

S_OBrien
08-02-2015, 12:45 PM
Top four:
Garret Brett (W) vs. Paul Bittner (L)
Jeffrey Kahn (W) vs. Dave Wagner (L)

The_Grim
08-02-2015, 12:51 PM
Now we see if Garrett has solved Snake Man

Shaneth
08-02-2015, 01:54 PM
Massive trolling incoming...

Murdercleese
08-02-2015, 02:16 PM
It's not over yet. I got Helio giving my play by play on my phone :P

Doji_Mike
08-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Garett beats giggles 2-1 in the finals

madeofwin
08-02-2015, 03:22 PM
Congrats to Garett on taking another step on his winding road to world cardboard domination :)

How long did the finals take? Seemed like ages waiting for news on here :(

-OMB-
08-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Garett beats giggles 2-1 in the finalsI'll admit there's a part of me that wanted to see the salt storm of the century, but after all the smack talk about how bad Snake Man is it's fitting that it was Snake Man in the finals.

Nemesis
08-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Congrats garett on the win... giggles comiserations over the loss you still had a great weekend

Yesse
08-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Hopefully this produces an good champ card.

dutpotd
08-03-2015, 08:52 AM
Thank you to everyone for all of the congratulations.

I won't be posting a tournament report to the forums this time around because when I explain things it is often misconstrued (and I understand why this is so) as antagonistic rather than simply factual or all in good fun.

I will answer any questions about my decklist in the deckbuilding forum and that's about it.

To all of the people hoping I would lose to Snake Man though, I need to tell you I have only lost 1 game to Snake Man ever, that was in the finals (game 2) when I made a series of major mistakes, not the least of which was adding my only low block to my staging area committed when I only had 3 vit left...

So, I will tell you as someone who has played vs. Snake Man in 11 games at tournaments and won 10 of them that the chance I'd lose to Snake Man (let's say its the best public build of Snake Man, and the best Snake Man player - so Giggles and his Matt Hughes deck at worlds) is 1/5 game losses, meaning the chances of losing 2 of 3 (a match) was 10-15% at highest. It's unfortunate, but - had I lost - there wouldn't have been a salt storm because it was certainly possible, but highly improbable (hence the 'why still play him?' comments that led to misunderstandings).

I'd like to congratulate Giggles on a great run all weekend - he seriously played perfectly in both my Swiss and finals match and was deserving to win the entire event had he stomped me.

As well, congratulations to all of the top 16, the teams winners, and everyone who made Gencon amazing and did well to boot! See you all again soon.

Shaneth
08-03-2015, 09:12 AM
I'm sure we would all enjoy a report from you, GB. If you understand why your posts are misconstrued, then that means you know what needs to be reworded into positivity :)

Regardless, congratulations on your victory ^_^ It was well deserved!

generalreaction2.0
08-03-2015, 02:23 PM
Top 16:
Garret Brett (W) vs. Jeremy Ray (L)
Kevin Broberg (W) vs. Mike Hardiman (L)
Ryan Field (L) vs. Matthew Turner (W)
Phil Birch (W) vs. Clint Badger (L)
Jeffrey Kahn (W) vs. Devin Bernier (L)
Bryce Tvetor (W) vs. Danielle Tyler (L)
Paul Bittner (W) vs. Matt Hughes (L)

I got beat so bad by Dave that my match didnt even get listed

Nubian God
08-03-2015, 04:59 PM
Garett, you can PM me your report of Singles/Teams. I've always enjoyed your previous reports.

wafflecopter
08-03-2015, 05:31 PM
I too would love to read a report, Garrett, and it'd be my pleasure to give you another platform on Rochester CCG if you think your writing wouldn't be welcome here, to the best of my ability. Among other things I'd love to hear your take on the epic semifinal match against Paul

Although, in the final I know Jeff didn't quite play perfectly - he died exactly to a Nivose in game 1 with an enhance ability still to play (3rd lesser half). Maybe would've been long odds even after that, but any odds are better than zero :)

Magnusotls
08-03-2015, 06:27 PM
To paraphrase Garett, "I am so superior I don't even need to communicate with you plebs any more"

-OMB-
08-03-2015, 10:21 PM
To all of the people hoping I would lose to Snake Man though, I need to tell you I have only lost 1 game to Snake Man ever, that was in the finals (game 2) when I made a series of major mistakes, not the least of which was adding my only low block to my staging area committed when I only had 3 vit left...My comment probably didn't come off well, but I meant no disrespect. I was thinking more of how often you had derided Snake Man as predictable and quite beatable if you're running any number of answers to what he wants to do (both of which are true) and how fitting it was that a Snake Man deck became the final obstacle between you and a World Championship.

I have no doubt that had you lost you would have been gracious and respectful in defeat as you have demonstrated on multiple occasions when losing in lesser events. Your demeanor on the boards may be a bit prickly at times, but you're always ready to share your knowledge and experience with those who are willing to listen.

Congrats on your Championship win. It was hard fought and certainly well earned. I look forward to seeing what new GB card will replace the one that just cycled out on the highest note possible. *tip of the cap*

dutpotd
08-03-2015, 10:54 PM
To paraphrase Garett, "I am so superior I don't even need to communicate with you plebs any more"

Damned if I do and damned if I don't... :) It's okay, I will post a report I suppose - and do my best to explain away anything that could be misunderstood.

'Caz Simon
08-03-2015, 11:40 PM
I'll admit there's a part of me that wanted to see the salt storm of the century, but after all the smack talk about how bad Snake Man is it's fitting that it was Snake Man in the finals.

If I knew how to write a decklist he wouldn't have made it past top 16, I would bet my hair on that.

But I can't take away from him that Giggles played phenomenally this weekend. No question there, I'm legitimately happy for him to make it to finals this weekend playing what he loves.

dutpotd
08-04-2015, 12:07 PM
If I knew how to write a decklist as well as I knew how to start forum threads about Snake Men he wouldn't have made it past top 16, I would bet my hair on that.

Hey! Deck<lists> Don't Matter, stop trolling. You lost to Snakes.

Deck Dont Matter
08-04-2015, 12:21 PM
Hey, I take offense to that pun *Sarcasm*.

dutpotd
08-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Hey, I take offense to that pun *Sarcasm*.

I thought you'd like it :) You are Devon's hero so I thought it'd be appropriate, he talks about you a lot so I found it particularly funny when his deck actually did matter this weekend.

Deck Dont Matter
08-04-2015, 12:28 PM
I thought you'd like it :) You are Devon's hero so I thought it'd be appropriate, he talks about you a lot so I found it particularly funny when his deck actually did matter this weekend.

This is news to me. Though it seems I learned that a lot of people look at the decks I make on UFS ULTRA and think they are "good".

Deck Dont Matter
08-04-2015, 12:33 PM

This is news to me. Though it seems I learned at Gen Con that a lot of people look at the decks I and Matt make on UFS ULTRA and think they are "good".

dutpotd
08-04-2015, 12:36 PM
This is news to me. Though it seems I learned that a lot of people look at the decks I make on UFS ULTRA and think they are "good".

Oh no, that's not why you are his hero - he just really likes your voice = all of the great content you put out and your positive UFS attitude across a multitude of communication devices/forums. I'm not sure what he thinks of your deckbuilds?

Deck Dont Matter
08-04-2015, 12:52 PM
Sometimes spreading the word is the best part.

'Caz Simon
08-04-2015, 07:17 PM
I love your guys' UFS content, the deck don't matter.