PDA

View Full Version : So I wanna build Siegy

Fulfer
09-17-2010, 02:07 PM
So after a good amount of thinking on the subject, your's n00bish truly has decided hes gonna try to make his first competitive deck Siegfried, and talk in the 3rd person....stopping now.

After playing the starter deck at Gen Con, and getting a feel for the stun-ish type of play style he has, I wanna take the deck to the next level, but without a single store in the area the sells UFS, and not a single near by player without commiting at the very least a 40 minute drive, I really don't know how to go about making this deck.

I'm not asking "hey build me a sieg deck now pl0x!", but rather overall advise on the deck for those who have messed with him before so I can take the next step in learning this deck, and understanding it even better then I do now. (Which isent saying much admittily)

Yoko Charming Fox
09-17-2010, 02:36 PM
I made I Siegy off good that worked pretty well. It basicallys used good foundation as a wall, like any good deck, and then used Ostrienghburg castle thrown room to force stuff through, and his ability and Dragon Lifter to put some serious damage on attacks. It usualy stalled till my oppenent overextened trying to kill me, which he usualy could not, then I would kill him the next turn when he was mostly commited out, but I could potentialy go off fast too, it I built well and drew attacks. I won a tournament in Lubbock at Jasco Games with it, and now I converted the deck to Amy, with Siegy side boarded.

I've only tryed to build Siegy off good, but I know people have done him off life and earth too. I think the earth build uses a lot of King's throws and Close Throw coupled with Siegys E to throw out some heavy damage. The life build also have access to throws, and you have access to a little more stun than earth does, but both life and earth have access to Close Throw and Hilt Impact, which are stun to attack that hit hard after Siegy boosts them. People also run him with Double Grounder Beta as a main kill condition. Keep in mind that I haven't seen life or earth builds at my shop and I haven't tryed to play them, so I' don't know that much about them.

MegamanX
09-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Id say you could pretty well dual symbol him on foundations. But a solid earth or good build can do well. I have yet to see the life build Sigfreid in action so maybe that is something ill try. It may fail but some of the support is good and may make me dual symbol. I will let you know how this works.

Da_ghetto_gamer
09-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Ive got an almost Tri-symbol build that i can post for you if youd like to get some ideas going for your own build....most of siggys own foundations are a good start when trying to build the deck. Memories of a nightmare, Regretful existence, Torn hero, all good choice and depending on the symbol you like the best you can go from there...

But thats all about your playstyle...life has speedy but lower damage attacks which your character enhance helps with, Earth has a little control so you can wait for an opening and go for a kill, and good has survivability and a little tech so you can survive until you draw what you want and play the longer game

Fulfer
09-20-2010, 11:19 AM
That deck sounds really intresting so I'd love to see it haha.

Also thanks for all the insight guys, this is the kind of stuff I like to see when learning something slightly challanging.

Da_ghetto_gamer
09-20-2010, 04:29 PM
That deck sounds really intresting so I'd love to see it haha.

Also thanks for all the insight guys, this is the kind of stuff I like to see when learning something slightly challanging.

Ok so apparently FFG has taken down thier forums so its going to take me a little bit to find the decklist again but ill post is as soon as i find it..

At the very least you can post what you have and we can help you go from there...what symbols where you wanting to play?

Nubian God
09-27-2010, 07:40 PM
With a Life build, you can use Ivy's and Christie's support to better recur stuff from your discard and rig your checks. Hunt for Jin and Recon (both of Tekken) help with this as well. Think recycling No Forgiveness!. And the whole speed pump angle + Siegfried's damage pump that people already pointed out.

Earth you can pack some Rashotep (and a few King) foundations to help mangle your opponent's staging area. Pad it out with some Ragnar and/or Astaroth support if you want moar damage.

Good is short for Good GAWD! After 3 turns of Good support and your opponent will be gnashing teeth trying to get through your wall. With Sieg's starting health, they'll be hard pressed to knock him out before you can get your support out.

But yeah, Siegfried's one of the starter characters who I'm surprised/disappointed in seeing little play out in the tournament scene. A lot of the time his decks build themselves he's so good with all 3 of his symbols. Good luck with your deck, either route you take it!

JinKazama
09-27-2010, 08:40 PM
But yeah, Siegfried's one of the starter characters who I'm surprised/disappointed in seeing little play out in the tournament scene. A lot of the time his decks build themselves he's so good with all 3 of his symbols.

He's a very good character but most tournament players will just turn to mitsurugi.
Rugi is more reliable knowing all your attacks will get +3 damage, and +2 speed on top of that.

Siegfried does have soul calibur going for him though.
If I built him I'd definitely go earth with a foundation control theme. ( soul calibur, ka technique, no forgiveness, ancient burial ground, valued but not trusted, dead for thousands of years)