PDA

View Full Version : Poughkeepsie PTC March 12th and 13th at The Dragon's Den

Deck Dont Matter
03-02-2016, 07:00 AM
Hey Guys, this is Jesse from the Rochester Playgroup. I wanted to make sure this information is up on the forums for anyone that is going. This is cut and paste for the Poughkeepsie UFS Facebook page. If you have any Question please take a moment and reach out to Jack Hale for additional information.

Okay, so details on support (prize, participation, etc.) for the 2016 "Po. Town" PTC #1 on March 12th and 13th at the Dragon's Den: [PTC #2 is scheduled for November, at Champion Card Collector.] Entry is the PTC standard $25.

In addition to the following, at the absolute least, the store will be awarding a full compliment of store credit, which will be directly based on the size of the field -- and they have everything from video and board games to comics, figures, etc. -- I'll be doing something similar to the "pick your own participation" I did at the last Poughkeepsie PTC -- where participants get to pick a card from current and past weekly prize support for each round they handed in a match slip for, and the "rarity" of the promos they get to choose from goes up for at least the last round or two: with those including the 1st and 2nd place promos from the weekly support cards -- and I'll be doing at least a couple door prizes and at least one mystery prize (the criteria for which is, as the name suggests, a mystery).

Participation:
* 1 random playmat. (Other than a single special one, for me [that I paid extra for], I believe they're sending all [varied] Red Horizon ones, but I'll add other brand new, varied, mats from my own stock to the mix.)
* 1 character promo. (They're sending me Jiffany Jambers, but I'll have alternate options for those that don't want any more Jiffanys.)
* A minimum of 1 tin pack of each participant's choice. (They're sending me enough Darkstalkers tin packs to at least allow for every participant to receive 1, but I'll also be offering Mega Man tin packs if that's your preference, I'm going to do my best to stretch the pack as far as I can, and I'm going to see what I can do about making sure there's at least some regular boosters handed out, too: maybe even some very special ones. *wink, wink; nudge, nudge*.)

Diversity:
* 6 booster packs of your choice. (They're supposed to be sending me enough Darkstalkers boosters so that anyone diversified gets 6, but if another set, or combination of sets is your preference, instead, you can choose any combination of boosters from any Standard legal set other than Neo Max.)

Top Cuts:
Again, I'll have at least some additions of my own to this, and the store will be handing out store credit, based on the number of attendees, to more than just those that top cut.
* Top 8 (8th-5th): 10 Mega Man: Rise of the Masters booster packs and 1 ultra rare pack (4 random, Standard-legal ultra rares).
* Top 4 (4th & 3rd): 16 Mega Man: Rise of the Masters booster packs and 1 ultra rare pack (4 random, Standard-legal ultra rares).
* Top 2 (2nd & 1st): 24 Mega Man: Rise of the Masters booster packs, 1 ultra rare pack (4 random, Standard-legal ultra rares), and 1 special promo. (They're sending me 2 white Templars, but I can also offer other options, instead: e.g. white border Revoke[s] or Segaki Offering[s].)
* Winner (1st): $300 Flight Voucher. ... They're stipulating that there be at least 20 people in attendance for this, which should by no means be a problem if even just a portion of the people who have conveyed they're serious about coming make it, but as it's part of the kit -- and as I've already paid for the kit in full -- I'll, worse comes to worst, either make this happen no matter what or -- if that is in no way possible, which I don't see being the case -- I'll find a way to get the winner ~ $300 in product and promos: all stuff they actually want.

... I should add that although there is no more "pre-purchase" promotion, of any type, that's officially supported, and that even though I can't afford to offer any discounts on entry, if anyone wants to purchase their entry ahead of time, they can get in touch with me, PayPal me directly, and I'll, at the very least, award them an additional round of participation support for their effort.

Deck Dont Matter
03-02-2016, 07:24 AM
Additional by the books information provided to me by Jack:
-10 AM store and registration officially opens.
-11 AM registration closes. (decklist required)
-Pairings will be generated during the player meeting, and then, Swiss starts immediately.
-We'll have an hour break after at least 1-2 rounds of Swiss (depends on pacing and such: the announcement be made as soon as we know).
-Then we finish Swiss and try to get at least the first round of tops out of the way (depending on the number of Swiss rounds required). ... After that, dinner at the practically next door Fridays for all interested.
-Sunday, rest of tops and side events 'til people get bored, have to leave, or the store closes.
-Friday March 11th, we'll do boardgames and free play for those interested that get here early enough: where will depend on when and the number of people.

Cetonis
03-12-2016, 05:23 PM
Top 8!

1) Kevin Broberg - Demitri (Life)
2) Rob Snyder - Guts Man (Life)
3) Jeffrey Kahn - Ryu (All)
4) Tyler McCartin - Proto Man 1 (Air)
5) Dan Hughes - Eva 2 (Life)
6) Marcus Singleton - Lilith (Water)
7) Eric Andrzejewski - King (Life)
8) Mason Schmidt - Mai (Life)

Tagrineth
03-12-2016, 06:05 PM
FIVE Life decks, dang. And only two decks with Ever Derpful symbols. Interesting.

edit: Air is a symbol, I think

Finnrot
03-12-2016, 07:11 PM
Did anyone get Diversified out?

dutpotd
03-13-2016, 12:49 PM
Top 8!

1) Kevin Broberg - Demitri (Life)
2) Rob Snyder - Guts Man (Life)
3) Jeffrey Kahn - Ryu (All)
4) Tyler McCartin - Proto Man 1 (Air)
5) Dan Hughes - Eva 2 (Life)
6) Marcus Singleton - Lilith (Water)
7) Eric Andrzejewski - King (Life)
8) Mason Schmidt - Mai (Life)

So. Uh. 28 Summer Heats - in Canada we call that Global Warming ;)

Yesse
03-14-2016, 10:36 AM
The PTC was fun but Jack Hail was screwed over by the store they had promised him store credit for each player and backed out on it. M

S_OBrien
03-14-2016, 12:24 PM
The PTC was fun but Jack Hail was screwed over by the store they had promised him store credit for each player and backed out on it. M

We will never go to that store again.