PDA

View Full Version : Some Indines Fun

HypeMan!
11-29-2016, 09:02 PM
So over the holiday I got to play BattleCon, got drawn to two characters that happen to be Dragonflare and Slaughterhouse, so here's some random ideas:

Dragonflare guy:

Larimore Burman
HS 4
V 38
Death Evil Fire
F Commit: Play one card of difficulty X or less from your discard pile, following all restrictions, paying all costs (no control check necessary). X equals twice the difference between your opponent's handsize and your current handsize.
R (6+): After your opponent plays an attack card, their control checks get -1 for the rest of the turn.

A Dragon's Firepower
Action
+1m
Diff 1
Control 4
Death Evil Fire
Breaker: 2
E: Add this card face up to your momentum during the End Phase. If your handsize is less than your opponent's, this card does not add to progressive difficulty.
R [Momentum]: Before your draw phase, until the beginning of your next turn, your handsize gets -1, your attacks get +1 damage, and all control checks get -1.

Slaughterhouse gal:

Thessela Three
All Evil Void
HS 6
V 27
F commit: Add attack card from your discard pile to your card pool face up, you may play Enhances on this attack as if they were printed on the next attack you play this turn. Remove the added attack from the game during the End Phase.
E(4+): Discard 1 card, draw 1 card.

Continuous Evolution
Foundation
All Evil Void
4 Diff
4 Control
Unique
First F Remove, Discard your hand: Draw X card. X equals your hand size. If your character is Thessela Three, this ability cannot be negated.

Flagnine1
11-30-2016, 04:31 AM
I don't like that Larimore. His commit is an F while you want to probably use the R on your opponents turn. I would focus more on punishing players for having momentum like on Dragonflare.

Maybe:
R (4+): After your opponent plays an attack. Add the top card of their deck to their momentum face down. Playable while committed.
F Commit: Play a card with difficulty X or less from your discard pile, following all restrictions.... X equals your opponents momentum.

HypeMan!
11-30-2016, 09:46 AM
The thought process was trying to reflect his BattleCon character, who gains resources each turn that have a negative effect and slow him to to a crawl, similar to Aganos in Killer Instinct, but then uses those resources to one-shot the opponent after weathering their storm. Giving the opponent momentum was an idea because of Dragonflare, but isn't a mechanic represented within the symbol range he has, so instead, tried to work within the confines of the symbols and be creative as possible. With how his abilities are now, the intent is to have the player make a risk assessment on how defensive vs offensive they want to be, and to allow for a unhindered back swing from the opponent should Burman (who I want to call Baz Lurman) get overzealous. You have to make play decisions. This also allows for cards like Nehtali's action that would ready him.

The 6+ is to keep the ability from being simply free or a minor inconvenience and opportunities for his F.

A possible compromise that comes to mind that I somewhat like:

R Add the top card of your opponent's deck face down to their momentum: After your opponent plays an attack, their control checks get -1 for the rest of the turn. (4+ to play while committed).

Alternatively:

or R(6+): Ability. Add top card of their deck to their momentum flipped to play while committed.

In truth, I don't particularly like the R, it's not very creative and was more added out of necessity since he'd have no real survival options. Other ideas were similarly triggered foundation destruction and a generic damage pump.

-OMB-
11-30-2016, 12:59 PM
Giving the opponent momentum was an idea because of Dragonflare, but isn't a mechanic represented within the symbol range he has.

Q-Bee has evil :3

HypeMan!
11-30-2016, 03:18 PM
Q-Bee has evil :3

One instance doesn't really make a trait, and there looks to be an adjustment to what symbols do as of late and returning them back to what they've historically done. But point made.

-OMB-
11-30-2016, 04:39 PM
One instance doesn't really make a trait, and there looks to be an adjustment to what symbols do as of late and returning them back to what they've historically done. But point made.

Just messing with you. Battlecon is fun, but it's deep in a way that it's tough to get someone to just play a casual game with you. I had a ton of fun playing a couple matches with Sarafina. Thessela seemed like an incredibly solid char in Battlecon. I like her F here.

Flagnine1
12-01-2016, 04:38 AM
Never played battlecon so was only going off of Dragonflare. I don't believe giving the opponent momentum is represented in any symbol.

Maybe keep the free play effect. Add a trait where you get -1 hand size for each card in your momentum. Then give an R (6+): After you preform an Powerful enhance this attack gains X speed. X Equals damage gained from the Powerful enhance. Playable while committed.

Probably cant keep him at 4 hand size then. But this will give you a punishment for gathering a resource you want while also using that resource to make super attacks.

HypeMan!
12-01-2016, 10:22 AM
Just messing with you. Battlecon is fun, but it's deep in a way that it's tough to get someone to just play a casual game with you. I had a ton of fun playing a couple matches with Sarafina. Thessela seemed like an incredibly solid char in Battlecon. I like her F here.

I'm actually pretty proud of Thessela lol it seemed like the obvious route and works with Slaughterhouse

Never played battlecon so was only going off of Dragonflare. I don't believe giving the opponent momentum is represented in any symbol.

Maybe keep the free play effect. Add a trait where you get -1 hand size for each card in your momentum. Then give an R (6+): After you preform an Powerful enhance this attack gains X speed. X Equals damage gained from the Powerful enhance. Playable while committed.

Probably cant keep him at 4 hand size then. But this will give you a punishment for gathering a resource you want while also using that resource to make super attacks.

Those are both interesting ideas. I like the +X speed after +X damage. At a 4 handsize, you probably don't need that steep a cost because its an aggressive ability on your attacks. But yeah, with 4HS, my immediate reaction to the -1 for momentum is that you're left with little means to defend yourself too. You're going through so few cards that there's limited opportunity to play the game. I don't know that even 40 life would give enough survivability to have a fighting chance.

Flagnine1
12-03-2016, 02:36 AM
How about instead of -1 hand size then maybe -1 to all your checks for each momentum. Still hurts just not as fast.

dracomageat
12-08-2016, 09:02 AM
Thessela's F seems crazy, given how it can give multiple to a ten damage attack. Not sure if broken though or just really good.
Larimore's, on the other hand, is a near replica of four dot Sakura's, without even the need for a check. Broken for sure but maybe his low handsize would help balance it out.