PDA

View Full Version : Not Human question... minimum damage 1?

Trip Se7ens
09-21-2010, 12:07 PM
This was brought up the other day in our playgroup...

E Commit: This attack gets -X damage (minimum 1). X equals the total of all block modifiers in your card pool.

Does it mean the variable -X must be a minimum of 1 in order to fulfill its requirement of being used? Or does it mean the damage will AT LEAST be 1? Make this card slightly less good if it's the latter... but I would like for some clarification, the wording and sentence structure make it hard to understand.

Thanks in advance.

Teagus
09-21-2010, 12:22 PM
That would be to a minimum of 1 damage, so even if your block modifiers added up to 10 you could not reduce a 5 damage attack to less then 1 damage.

Trip Se7ens
09-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Darn, thanks for the clarification. Looks like I'll have to throw in some Man behind the masks.

B-Rad
09-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Darn, thanks for the clarification. Looks like I'll have to throw in some Man behind the masks.

Good has a bunch of decent if not stellar damage redux. Man Behind the Mask should be an auto include imo as it's dirt easy to play, has a decent block, AND a good CC. Plus it's ability is free.

Other ones to considor could be things like Shadowwar and Enemies now Friends (although the latter one isn't as good).

Tagrineth
09-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Confirmed. The (minimum 1) is a shorthand for (to a minimum of 1).