PDA

View Full Version : Preview Art OMG!

Daark
09-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Awesome!!!
http://www.jascogames.com/previews

failed2k
09-24-2010, 03:19 PM
God those attacks look good. The art is just fantastic.

Hatman
09-24-2010, 03:29 PM
God those attacks look good. The art is just fantastic.
That is really what I think

Oh by the way, which one's pink?

michel3105
09-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Awesome art! Gonzalo is the definitive ace!...

Yet, it's not believable that he's going to paint all the 99 artwork of the set. I think that he'll focus on a couple of cute female characters, like he did in Quest of Souls... probably Nehtali and the gunslinger, it would be awesome all the same...

If other artists are involved in this set, I'd love to see again those who made Shadowar, like Urusov, Barger,...

bloodocean
09-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Awesome art. I really hope the cards themselves are good enough to go into decks.

Baranor
09-24-2010, 04:48 PM
I concur the art is amazing. Now I want to see mechanics!!!

RockStar
09-24-2010, 04:56 PM
It's so fluffy i'm gonna dieeeeee!! :)

B-Rad
09-24-2010, 07:16 PM
Wow that's arguably the best art I've personally seen in a UFS set ever.

Trip Se7ens
09-25-2010, 02:24 AM
I want to use those attacks, even if they do suck!

Shinguyi
09-25-2010, 08:23 AM
I think those will be Ultra Rares Trip Se7en, hahaha. By their detail and a lot of stuff going on in the same card it sure looks like Ultra Rares to me.

marauders1972
09-25-2010, 08:43 AM
OMG...Who care !!! Show us the frickin' cards...and stop with the dead liks...give us some history and story for Red Horizon. You telling me Jasco can't do that ??? But they can charge 95.00 for old boxes of UFS..

RockStar
09-25-2010, 08:57 AM
OMG...Who care !!! Show us the frickin' cards...and stop with the dead liks...give us some history and story for Red Horizon. You telling me Jasco can't do that ??? But they can charge 95.00 for old boxes of UFS..

Woah, man, slow your roll!

I'm easily as anxious as you to see the actual cards, because i'm making the trek to Vegas to compete at US Nats, where it's been said that this RH is going to be LEGAL!! You don't think i want to see those cards, like, yesterday?

Jasco Games has done a wunderkind of job in giving this game the big reboot, and it did one helluva job at GenCon promoting this game, and giving it the kind of exposure and presence that hasn't been seen since STG was at the helm. By all accounts, and from speaking with Jason himself, what they have planned for this game is bigger and better than anything that's been thought of by either STG or FFG.

Give'em a chance, man. This is their very first Set Release; heck! It's a Set release that goes against all odds in the first place, all things considered.

Breathe...

marauders1972
09-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Breathing now...levels going down...but must do something fast before overload occurs :)

Hatman
09-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Jasco Games has done a wunderkind of job in giving this game the big reboot, and it did one helluva job at GenCon promoting this game, and giving it the kind of exposure and presence that hasn't been seen since STG was at the helm. By all accounts, and from speaking with Jason himself, what they have planned for this game is bigger and better than anything that's been thought of by either STG or FFG.
Again, I have to say : If you were not at Gen Con, you do not know this.

Loon
09-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Again, I have to say : If you were not at Gen Con, you do not know this.

I was at Gencon, I'll vouch for it.

There might also be a way to see how many people have signed up for the forum since GenCon. That would be a fair indication of how well they did.

dwolf52000
09-25-2010, 11:48 AM
I spoke to Jason before the art went up. There were some last minute revisions to the cards. I have to agree with RockStar to calm yourself - the answers will come. We all need to keep the following in perspective: I started just after the rotation started (three point) - so I know there was consternation, but never got into the details of that. The game went from STG to FFG and the transition was wonky (from what I remember). People did not know what was going to happen. Then a number of really over powered sets came out. Some of which I blame on the tail end of STG. A little over a year later, the ban hammer was replaced by a ban thermonuclear bomb. The meta was totally screwed up, but banning all four point sets at once before their normal rotation and thus removing Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, SC III, and SNK from the mix finally killed it for most people. My theory is that the OP meta plus the ban bomb killed the game for FFG. Although the positive candle light is that the new cards were far better designed with Hata at the helm. If this was something like MTG that had a huge player base, then the survival would be favorable. However this is a smaller game. It is only through the sheer will of the tight player base (and the money from mysterious investors) that we have a new set coming out in October. Jasco Games is the one that took the lead and went through months of negotiations and five layers of hell - i.e. lawyers - to be able to purchase the game. The six month delay in news as to whether or not the game would be picked up turned people off. At this point, with all that happened before, a lot of people who are interested in playing again are at the "wait and see" stage. The people I have talked to don't know if they want to invest more into a game with such a, in all honesty, rocky past. This is what Jasco Games faces. It ain't pretty.

That was the history. From what happened at GenCon and the number of conversations I had, I feel that Jason and Jasco Games are stepping up to the plate and going balls to the walls. They put promo cards in the bags at GenCon and from what I hear, the tournament went well (still kicking myself for my poor scheduling). It also seems as if they are listening to the people on the forums. There is great promise for a company starting out on the CCG production path taking up an existing game no less.

I understand the frustration. Information has been very delayed in coming for a set that will either make or break the game. Even so, Jason has always been available for questions. Hopefully information will come out more frequently now that October is basically here.

I am willing to chill, to a point, and see what comes out in this first JG set. At least give them through the first set.

marauders1972
09-25-2010, 01:27 PM
... 'nuff said :)

Zzasikar
09-25-2010, 05:24 PM
FML that art is awesome.

WTB the artist to redraw my character card. Although probably not as much as the last batch of character card winners, lolololol.

Nubian God
09-25-2010, 05:35 PM
I was at Gencon, I'll vouch for it.

I think what Hatman's getting at is that, besides at GenCon, there isn't that much info or signs that things are turning around.

While I was at GenCon this year, and I'm optimistic as hell about UFS's future, I have to agree that there isn't much out there released (in any kind of form) to help get that feeling to the rest of the population. Using a major tournament as a launch pad to get huge announcements/promotions/etc is great, but it's crucial to have a follow-up for after the tourney. In this aspect, Jasco Games kinda fell flat.

Mind you, I'm patient as hell and I was happy enough with GenCon, but I can understand other people's anxiousness.

Nubian God
09-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Also, I think a monthly State of the Game needs to work itself back into the system. At the very least it'll give people a roundabout time to check back for news (for the non-frequent visitors), it'll give Jasco a great excuse to sit on non-emergency announcements so they'll have something to talk about each month, and it'll give a somewhat consistent peek into the company.

Being open for questions is a great policy, and throwing out info on a regular basis would help to have those personal Q&A calls would cut down on the repetivieness and increase the quality of the questions being asked.

Hatman
09-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Also, I think a monthly State of the Game needs to work itself back into the system. At the very least it'll give people a roundabout time to check back for news (for the non-frequent visitors), it'll give Jasco a great excuse to sit on non-emergency announcements so they'll have something to talk about each month, and it'll give a somewhat consistent peek into the company.

NONONONONONONONONO.

Not monthly. They miss a month and it's more angst than this forum has room for.

Still, a quick communique from time to time wouldn't hurt. However, when we can easily just ask them directly, yeah. They're probably extra super busy at this point so I get why there's no communication.

My point is this : People saying "Oh Gen Con proved this." keep forgetting that not everyone could afford (in terms of time or money) to go. Personally, I know they're doing their best (which is better than both mid-end STG and FFG put together at this point) so it doesn't bother me. The only reason I want spoilers is to have something to talk about. When a topic based on Death hits the 4 page mark in a single day, discussion has really dried up.

Knightmaregol
09-25-2010, 09:03 PM
I've seen lots of "hey I want spoilers," or I want t see more artwork from some people on the site, which are always enjoyable. But I want a date on the set. I know it's October, but that's a little vague.

Loon
09-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Good points all around, Nubian God. If you weren't at GenCon, you only have the word of people who were. I had no idea at all until I saw the signs at GenCon.

Not monthly. They miss a month and it's more angst than this forum has room for.

Now may not be the time, what with all of the newness and excitement and, I'm certain, backbreaking OT down at Jasco Games. But this would be a good thing to have back.

I know they're doing their best

I'd like to point out that Hatman is 2/2 in choosing the correct form of there/their/they're. We should all strive to emulate this example. Thank you, hatman.

The only reason I want spoilers is to have something to talk about. When a topic based on Death hits the 4 page mark in a single day, discussion has really dried up.

Agreed. We know there's a new set coming out, but anyone who was with the game up to the end (note: not me) has nothing to talk about because there are only 6 or so new cards since QoS. So a new person coming to the board doesn't see things hopping. This doesn't make the game look strong.

Hatman
09-25-2010, 10:38 PM
I'd like to point out that Hatman is 2/2 in choosing the correct form of there/their/they're. We should all strive to emulate this example. Thank you, hatman.
I'm also handicapped in that English isn't my first language.

Tagrineth
09-26-2010, 01:31 AM
I can speak from experience with Naruto that having regularly posted previews of upcoming cards most definitely keeps the forums buzzing, even if it's a single card at a time.

KodiakZero
09-26-2010, 05:11 AM
I hope this set is good. It'll make or break UFS right now (hopefully the first one).

RockStar
09-26-2010, 08:36 AM
I hope this set is good. It'll make or break UFS right now (hopefully the first one).

Agreed. I love the new RH promos they gave out at GenCon, and most of which are available as this month's prize support (woot!)! If those cards are any indication of where this game is headed, we better buckle-up cos this game's about to get a heavy dose of awesome injected into it!! :)

JinKazama
09-26-2010, 08:53 AM

This is honestly best given by a player. They'll have less insight to how things are going in various areas, but still enough info to compile a month by month review of whats decks they ran how they faired against what they played against, new characters in the meta, symbol reviews, etc. I'd do it myself but the lack of larger tourneys at the moment. If no one else decides to do it, i'll start up later this year if theirs still an interest in it.

Bloodrunstrue
09-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Wow. That artwork is nothing short of fantastic.

Well done Jasco.

Amaru
09-27-2010, 03:04 AM
Anything Shadowar related must be purged from this game! Jasco Games made the right choice by making a heavy anime influenced set, FFG should have done that instead of the aberration SW was.

ATLDrew
09-27-2010, 08:15 AM
Gents, gents, gents. Calm down guys. I know it has a been a while and EVERYONE is chomping at the bit for new content but you guys have to understand that Jason, who is a self proclaimed workaholic, has been working nonstop at getting Red Horizon out by the release date. If you guys don't know Jasco Games was a mid sized game store that jumped head first into developing and managing production of a major TCG. There is a LOT of stuff to get done with the staff and resources he has available and, trust me, he has been going at UFS nonstop since acquiring the game. Please be patient for a little bit longer and I would guess that previews are coming VERY soon.

Rider kick
09-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Well from the preview art alone I already know the two I will be chasing after in those sets. Gunslinger and the fire wielding Street fighter in the city. Dont care what they do or what symbols those are my two new mains.

Hatman
09-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Gents, gents, gents. Calm down guys. I know it has a been a while and EVERYONE is chomping at the bit for new content but you guys have to understand that Jason, who is a self proclaimed workaholic, has been working nonstop at getting Red Horizon out by the release date. If you guys don't know Jasco Games was a mid sized game store that jumped head first into developing and managing production of a major TCG. There is a LOT of stuff to get done with the staff and resources he has available and, trust me, he has been going at UFS nonstop since acquiring the game. Please be patient for a little bit longer and I would guess that previews are coming VERY soon.

Plus, they've done a better job of promotion than both prior companies COMBINED.

Rider kick
09-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Amen to that brother. Not to mention he listens and responds to the player base rather than playing pirate and ninja games on facebook like the previous retainer of the game.

jason
09-28-2010, 12:24 AM
Thanks Guys!

Seriously,

Previews will be out shortly. I am waiting to get the card templates with text online for you guys from graphic design. Like a few of you said, we work non-stop on this game, and for our first release we really appreciate the patience!

We are also waiting on the final story lines to post up on the website (do you guys like the updated look?) We are going to be involving our community a lot more here and we will be putting up some interviews and news here soon as well.

Who would you all like to hear from by the way? Who should we interview first and what would you like to know about?

For now, I would like to say the state of the game is great! We are very excited about this set, and in all honesty we are even more prepared and excited for set 16 coming out early next year! Not that it will be better, but it will be a CORE SET!!! with starter decks and booster packs! That means lot's of new cards and lots of new art.

I hope you are all liking our artists and you know what, it is 1:19am in Texas right now, and I just had my 3 year anniversary with my girl friend today so I was out of the office, but since I don't have picture spoilers to show you right now (not at the office) here is ONE card in text form for you to start talking about :)

(This will go unnamed for now since I am taking it directly from the play test files.)

Attack

Air - Chaos - Void

5 difficulty 2 control +2 Low Block

4 Speed (High)
8 Damage

Text:

Ranged

Skip this attack's Enhance Step.

If this attack is blocked, discard it from the card pool.

Have fun with that one guys, I will have that attack plus a few other cards on preview as spoilers here in a few days.

Enjoy!

Rider kick
09-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Alright thats a good attack. It rolls a 2, but its got good symbol spread and awesome stats. I'm glad to see air and its ranged so I can guess who this is off of and if i'm right i'll be running this attack as a 4 of for sure. Nice card jason.

Rider kick
09-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Interview Scott Gaines first. The godfather should always go first.

Da_ghetto_gamer
09-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Interview Scott Gaines first. The godfather should always go first.

As much as we all love scott id say we should let Olexa go first since he is the world champion right now....he could offer more about things in standard now and what should come as opposed to scotts legacy wisdom.....

But as for the attack im liking it in certain ways its some big damage with a good difficulty im not sure how i feel about the 2cc though...ill definitely want 4 though as i love wind and discarding from the card pool (:

Shinguyi
09-28-2010, 04:42 PM
The card goes back to its roots big time and I love it. Discarding from the Card Pool is definitely an Air thing while Skipping Block Step is definitely a Void/Death or Chaos/Death thing as we can see in "No Memories" and "Control the Present".

Hatman
09-28-2010, 11:51 PM
I can see Scott Gaines' interview as one giant meme-laden joke with urban slang tossed in the middle for no reason.