PDA

View Full Version : Kazuya(Chaos)

Osirius
10-05-2010, 06:07 PM
I've been trying to figure out whether I wanted to run Kazuya of of death or chaos. I still don't know yet, but this is the idea for chaos that I had. Any help is definitely appreciated.

Kazuya x4
Taki x2
Zhao Daiyu x1

Kazuya's Gloves x2

Quick strike x4

Lightning uppercut x4
Zi mei's wheel kick x4
Spinning Demon x4
Lion Slayer x4

Merciless fighter x4
Communing with ancients x4
Mishima zabatsu leader x4
The hunt is on x4
Need to destroy x3
Mishima family bloodline x4
Maniacal Laughter x4
Treacherous offspring x4

I really like the quick strike/lightning uppercut combo, but I don't know about the other attacks. Are there any other foundations I should put in?

Shinguyi
10-05-2010, 06:15 PM
You can use Body of Souls if you are in need of recursion. It works for attacks you have played and dealt damage, or a random moment you checked a very good attack, use Treacherous Offspring and then Body of Souls. You can take out Merciless Fighter for it if you want to try it out.

You can also use Double Face Kick instead of Lion Slayer, but that would be all up to preference, hehe.

And yes, Quick Strike + Lightning Uppercut equals win, haha.

RockStar
10-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Need to Destroy if ya got'em.

Osirius
10-05-2010, 06:38 PM
I have 3 need to destroys but I didn't think they would help. What should I use them for if I put them in?

RockStar
10-05-2010, 06:48 PM
I'd put them in over For the Money. I figure this deck looks like it's trying to blow up the world after you've communed with the ancients a time or two, so as to make it really difficult for your opponent to block.

However, and this is just my opinion, i would choose to run either For the $$ or Communing, and not both.

Zues9105
10-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Chasing after the Power single handidly wins me more games than i can count in my chaos deck which i switch to Kazuya game 2 or Three depending on the matchup my attack line up is much different though and i play no actions or assets so more Grey equals better build equals gg turn 2

Shinguyi
10-05-2010, 08:12 PM
That's not always the case in Standard Zues9105.

Chasing after the Power is a good foundation and all but it is not completely necessary, at least with a build specifically made for Kazuya in my opinion.

Zues9105
10-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Dude i play Jin and in standard i win turn two all the time even when i switch to kazuya its still 60 % turn 2 and passing that last attack on turn two matters or maybe you just dont play against good decks

Zues9105
10-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Also i agree with rockstar one or the other i personally chose communing because its garauteed oh a shin dont take me offensively im just a ass

Shinguyi
10-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Haha, I wasn't offended in any way. Its all a matter of preference and I understand that.

None taken, and you aren't an ass. :P

Zues9105
10-05-2010, 08:37 PM
ok just not trying to make enemies lol

Shinguyi
10-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Zues9105: Will take much more to make an enemy out of me. :P
Seeing how your location says "Jasco's" makes me hope we can at least meet in person someday when I go to Texas again. Jasco Games is definitely a place I want to go to even though its far from where I usually am at when I go to Texas (Tomball).

Osirius: Is Kazuya's Gloves helping you in any way? If its for its Enhance I understand but if its for its Kazuya Enhance you might need something to make sure your attacks hit to make it go off. ^^;

JinKazama
10-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Dude i play Jin and in standard i win turn two all the time even when i switch to kazuya its still 60 % turn 2 and passing that last attack on turn two matters or maybe you just dont play against good decks

Maybe you don't play against good decks if you t2 people all the time.

I like the build although for the money is more useful blocking than attacking in a deck not built around stun
Maybe add ancient fighting style for the 1 diff
Merciless fighter is awesome in chaos kazuya and jin

How are kazuya's gloves workin for you?

Osirius
10-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks for all the input. Think I'm gonna take out the for the moneys, and add in 3 need to destroy, and another communing. I haven't really tested the deck at all yet. I just threw it together after really wanting to try quick strike with lightning uppercut. For the gloves, I just thought it was a good all around card. It can grab some momentum or destroy a pesky foundation. I'll just have to see if I can pull it off reliably.

Osirius
10-05-2010, 10:38 PM
@Jinkazama: Yea I wanted to put in another 1 drop, but I couldnt find one. I don't have any quick exits so thats out. Ancient fighting style might be interesting though. Can be used with The hunt is on to draw a card, besides if my opponent makes me discard.

Shinguyi
10-05-2010, 10:40 PM
If you decide on Double Face Kick, that card most of the time will activate both Enhances. Maybe its worth looking more?

JinKazama
10-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Ancient fighting style also synergizes with merciless fighter if you discard for its cost on your opponents attack.
In my opinion Double face kick just isn't as good as lion slayer.

Shinguyi
10-05-2010, 10:50 PM
The amount of damage output is not close at all, but since its a throw it can activate "safely" Kazuya's Gloves, get the two momentum, and then Lightning Uppercut can get at least +6 damage with its Powerful: 3.

But oh well. Never used Kazuya before so I son't know what could work best.

Osirius: You can activate Kazuya's Enhance as well even though it won't increase any damage to make it a draw of +2 instead. You can always activate an enhance even if it wouldn't work at all (used to mess around activatign Eiserne Drosel on an opponent's attack just for kicks, and used to use Leona's Enhance also on an opponent's attack to know what the next card on top of my deck was going to be).

Osirius
10-05-2010, 10:54 PM
@shinguyi: Well the first E: on kazuyas glove is for punches only, which is kinda why I went with lion slayer over DFK.

@jinkazama: Hm I didn't even think about merciless fighter like that. What would you take out for ancient fighting style?

Shinguyi
10-05-2010, 10:57 PM
That's true... my mistake, hehe.

GUess Lion Slayer is teh best option altogether then.

JinKazama
10-05-2010, 11:41 PM
to fit ancient fighting style in i'd replace
need to destroy or zaibatsu leader

probably zaibatsu leader. In my experience with zaibatsu leader it seems more effective as a way to make your opponent not want to generate momentum, thing is most decks that use momentum will be playing zaibatsu leader. It is very effective though, a couple weeks ago I was playing against a fire bryan fury deck and the guy playing had from the mouse out. I knew he was going to try to use it, and I could pretty much tell he wasn't paying enough attention to my board. As soon as he enhanced with it I stripped the attack he wanted to grab from his momentum with zaibatsu leader. The look on his face was priceless.

If you drop zaibatsu you should definitely consider side boarding it

I hate to be obvious but if you have jin you should use him as a block because his low diff allows you to play him as if he were an action then respond with MFB,
but i'll just assume you don't have jins cause u probably already knew this

Osirius
10-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Yea zaibatsu might be better for the sideboard, which I haven't thought about what to put in there yet.

I don't have any jins or I would put them in. I actually have everything for the deck except 3 of the kazuyas. Can't find anybody to trade them to me :(

Zues9105
10-06-2010, 09:48 AM
i got Kazuya's Hit me up

RockStar
10-06-2010, 01:14 PM
I think Divine Harvester is an auto-include with Kazuya, as it's an updated BRT for Standard!

JinKazama
10-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Were not up on that tech.
Your too futuristic Rockstar lol

SMazzurco
10-06-2010, 01:56 PM
I think Divine Harvester is an auto-include with Kazuya, as it's an updated BRT for Standard!

Id say its more of an Anti K :D

RockStar
10-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Were not up on that tech.
Your too futuristic Rockstar lol

I try, sir, i try...

Yoko Charming Fox
10-07-2010, 12:25 AM
If I were you I would run Scroll of the Abyss. You have access to both its abilities, and it's realy good for getting by Killer Android.