PDA

View Full Version : San Diego still alive?

Judas225
10-09-2010, 04:09 PM
A while back there was someone who posted from a group in San Diego. Is that group still around and active?

jtakas4
10-10-2010, 02:17 PM
well the only place that i know that would have players is in Artifex of Mira Mesa.

...only cuz we started playing for fun last night lol. i have a bunch of friends who have decks but as to when they bring them, i dunno. i know i bring mine every saturday just by the off chance someone wants to play. plus i've been kinda letting some people know that i wanna try and get ufs rolling again but its gonna be slow

but we'd love for you to join us!

Judas225
10-10-2010, 02:27 PM
I live in Riverside. The drive out to Torrance is long enough for now. At the time Torrance was our only playgroup left, and now I'll be driving down there because we have another guy working on starting a group at another shop up here.

I was thinking more along the lines of getting some networking going between our groups and looking at possibly setting up a few meets every other month or something.

Ukyo Sakazaki Classic
10-11-2010, 04:36 AM
jtakas4...is that...JT by any chance? People actually played UFS recently at Artifex? I haven't really tried to contact you at all, so I had no idea...If there's still some UFS going on, maybe me and my bro can join in too? (if you aren't JT, uhhh...I guess ignore that) All I have right now is a Tam-Tam deck though, lol.

jtakas4
10-13-2010, 09:35 AM
yep its me JT. i do want to get UFS rolling again but i have maybe like 3 other people who want to play every once in a while. its hard game to keep people interested, especially at artifex when yugioh is in full swing this season with regionals and their championship series going and now naruto is starting to take hold at artifex as well.

i still have a bunch of my decks still though. legacy, 4 point, 5 point, that kind of stuff. i'll still keep trying to get more people playing over here though but it'll be tough. i'll just keep reminding them to just bring a deck and see what happens. (me wonders what happened to all the prize support that was sent to us...bunch of old stuff but it had 4 point and 5 point on it so it can't be that bad)

Ukyo Sakazaki Classic
10-14-2010, 03:08 AM
Cool, I thought it was you! Well, if you and the others work out a specific time and/or day you want to play, me and my bro could definitely try and join in. I know what you mean when you say it's hard to get people to play at Artifex...there were lots of times when no one would be there for UFS! Plenty of Magic players and Yu-Gi-Oh players, but so few UFS players...

When I said I just had a Tam-Tam deck, I just meant that was all I had built. I still have all my cards! I think if you register as a scout and stuff you should be able to get new prize support. I'm not sure how that all works. There was some new Red Horizon stuff available as prize support right? I'm going to assume Artifex didn't get that though.

jtakas4
10-14-2010, 08:28 AM
i'll try and register to be a scout in the near future. we'll see how it works out since i still have to worry about school

also i won't be there this saturday because i'll be in aneheim

sleepyace
10-15-2010, 02:44 AM
Me and my bro are from the National City area, but there really isn't anything going on here besides yu gi oh and magic. I just want to start up with my bro because we like the characters.

jtakas4
10-18-2010, 05:12 PM
i know buddy giorgio was trying to get people playing down there too but like you said, yugioh and magic dominate there too. i think naruto too. do you go the comic odyssey?

Judas225
10-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Well if you guys want to get together or if you need something let me know. I run between a shop in Riverside and shop in Torrance right now.

sleepyace
10-19-2010, 05:48 PM
i know buddy giorgio was trying to get people playing down there too but like you said, yugioh and magic dominate there too. i think naruto too. do you go the comic odyssey?

Yeah, but infrequently so I'm not really a regular there.

As for Judas, sounds good, by any chance do you go to San Diego often?

Trip Se7ens
10-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Sannnnnnnnnnnn diaaaaaaaaaaaago!

Judas225
10-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Yeah, but infrequently so I'm not really a regular there.

As for Judas, sounds good, by any chance do you go to San Diego often?

Nope. No money for it right now and generally no reason to go there unless there's a concert. Just letting you know if anybody decides to come up here.

I might be willing to go down once in a while once I start working, but we'll have to see after the holidays. Keep me in mind if you want to get together for a big throwdown. It might not be an official PTC but I'm sure we can work something out in a few months.