PDA

View Full Version : Balrog (Old Dogs New Tricks)

EscarcegaGuy
10-10-2010, 07:59 PM
If you don't know what Old dogs new tricks is it's standard but you can use any character. This is what I have so far.

Characters: 6

Attacks: 15
Lightning Uppercut x3
Lion Slayer x3

Actions: 4

Foundations:39
Communing With The Ancients x3
Controller of Souls x4
Maniacal Laughter x4
Merciless Fighter x4
Mishima Family Bloodline x4
Treacherous Offspring x4
Quick Exit x4

Assets: 2
_________
Kazuya's Gloves x2

Side Board: 8

Shinguyi
10-10-2010, 08:12 PM
How many foundations of each?

EscarcegaGuy
10-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Sorry, I edited my post afterwards. Basically I'm not sure which foundations to use and how many of them.

Shinguyi
10-10-2010, 08:35 PM
I think Mishima Family Bloodline should go and also Merciless Fighter. I don't think Arrayed for battle is as good as it looks either...

I say max all out and take out Merciless Fighter, Arrayed for Battle, Mishima Family Bloodline and Driven by Fear. If you get your hands on Divine Harvester, put two of those in to make the deck 60 cards total.

makingsenseofus
10-10-2010, 08:41 PM
I think the most important thing about this deck is that it needs to be pretty fast. Most of the attacks are of pretty solid speed, but once your opponent gets a few turns of set up you are going to need to chuck a LOT of attacks at their face to see them take damage. To improve on the deck's speed, I would drop quick strike and replace them with copies of unnatural grace and bump the attack count up to 18 (+1 Lion slayer, Demon slayer and one other attack). Also, I don't know if the character intensive build of chaos would be best for the deck. You might as well try it anyway, but if the deck is fast enough without, it might benefit from not having characters fill up its hand in the early turns of the game.
Most of the stuff you need is just the chaos auto includes
4X Maniacal Laughter
4X Treacherous Offspring
4X Catp
4X Communing with the ancients
4X Controller of souls
4X Quick Exit
4X Boxing is life
4X Mishima Zaibatsu Leader
If you wanted to DO the character build, I'd drop mishima zaibatsu leader and maybe communing and quick exit and add in family bloodline, hunt is on and merciless fighter along with 6-8 character cards. You would also probably keep the attack base around 16 to minimize the amount of dead cards in your hand on build turns.
Also, I know its for old dawg new tricks, but stick steve fox in sideboard just for funz. I think he might be a better character option anyway

EscarcegaGuy
10-10-2010, 08:50 PM
So I edited my deck before you guys posted. Lol. Ummmmm..... it's a little more towards makingsenseofus' idea.

God_of_Muay_Thai
10-10-2010, 08:51 PM
which balrog are you using?

EscarcegaGuy
10-10-2010, 08:56 PM
The only one playable off of chaos. I think it's the six dot one?

Shinguyi
10-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Instead of Kazuya, you could use a 4th Jin and Steve Fox in case you need to change characters between matches (2 out of three).

ATLDrew
10-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Blazing fist need to destroy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crappppppppppppppppppppppping pannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnts!

EscarcegaGuy
10-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Instead of Kazuya, you could use a 4th Jin and Steve Fox in case you need to change characters between matches (2 out of three).
Well I thought it over and I am going to replace the gloves in my sideboard with Steve Fox and bump Jin up to 4 and Kazuya up to 2.

Blazing fist need to destroy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crappppppppppppppppppppppping pannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnts!
I threw it into my sideboard to replace dread pirate. I will test the current deck first and see if I need Need to Destroy.