PDA

View Full Version : Earth Kyoshiro**

Xenomic
10-12-2010, 06:25 PM
So yeah. Since my playgroup (myself included) no longer wants to play against/play with Zangief5 or Lilith*, I decided to make NEW decks for once....and made 4 instead. Now, the other 3 won't be posted until AFTER I play my playgroup with em, since I know ONE of them is on this here forums (you know who you are!). Therefore, I am only going to spoil THIS character, which he already knew I was going to make....just that I decided to go Earth instead of Chaos. I had a hard time deciding which resource to do with him x_x

So without further adieu, Earth Kyoshiro**

Characters:

Kyoshiro** x1 (Starting)

Attacks:

Void Nova x2 (4/2 1M1)
Super Punch x4 (4/3 3M3 +2M)
Multiple Headbutts x2 (5/3 4M3 +3M)
Witch Hunt x4 (5/3 3M5 +1H
Overhand Throw x4 (5/3 2H6)

Foundations:

Dancing Battle Kabuki x4 (0/4 +1L)
Fighting Frenzy x4 (1/3 4DF 4M2)
American Made x4 (1/5 +3M)
Altered Mind and Body x4 (1/5 +1M)
Holding Ground x4 (2/5 +2L)
Fierce Competitor x3 (2/4)
A Mysterious Fighter x2 (2/5)
Fast Food Lover x2 (2/5)
100 Years of Humiliation x3 (2/5 +3M)
Gyulkus x4 (2/5 +3M)
Awakening x4 (2/5 +2M)
Made Not Born x3 (3/4)
Armored Defense x4 (3/5 +2L)
Mortal Strike x4 (3/5 +2M)
Inhuman Strength x2 (3/5 +2M)

Difficulty Values:

0: 4
1: 12
2: 22
3: 13
4: 6
5: 10

Control Values:

2: 2
3: 18
4: 10
5: 37

The main idea is to use Throws to get momentum, or if not by that method, then to use Dancing Battle Kabuki. Once that's done, just abuse Gyulkus and Fierce Competitor with Kyoshiro's R on Throws (Super Punch is only in there for its ability as well. That, and I couldn't think of any other low cost Earth attacks to toss in). Void Nova is the alternate kill card if Kyoshiro gets enough momentum, but whether or not that'll work in this Earth build or not, hard to say. Probably will replace those or drop them altogether.

I'm sure this deck can use some fine tuning before Sunday. Any suggestions/feedback is highly welcomed this time around~

Shinguyi
10-12-2010, 06:57 PM
You also have Super Kick in case you are interested. its a 3/2 2M4 +2 M attack with the enhance which discards one momentum and gains 4 damage.

very conditional but fun in its own way with Kyoshiro.

Xenomic
10-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Hmm....it is a 2 CC though, which I try to keep below 3 of in a deck (2 is pushing it for me since I love to check them at the worst times lol). Though I could probably replace Void Nova with that if I really needed to. Be a good finisher at the end of a string of attacks I suppose.

Shinguyi
10-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Yeah. Its sad that a lot of fun attacks have the accursed check...

Xenomic
10-12-2010, 07:10 PM
As I've said many times in my playgroup, there's a lot of cards that should've been a 3CC and a lot of cards that should've been 1 or 2CC. The vast majority of what we run in our decks should be a 1/2 CC while a lot of the other stuff (like Slash....why is that so low of a check?) should've been higher. Makes no sense to me...why make cards that NOBODY will ever use!? >_<

Shinguyi
10-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Agreed... it annoys me to no end as well. Hopefully there won't be more of those.

Anyways, as for abilities you can use. Although very high in difficulty, you can use Tiamat's Rampage; it has a huge Powerful Ability and Stun 4 for a Finisher.

Can't think of anything else at the moment... will need to get back at you with this one.

Tagrineth
10-12-2010, 07:34 PM
No Clones?! Sad panda!

You don't have to run Absurd Strength if you don't want to but not running Clones in Legacy if you have the symbols is practically a crime. <.<

Xenomic
10-12-2010, 07:40 PM
I didn't even consider Clones really. Probably could use it in place of say Void Nova actually, and probably 2 100 Years of Humiliation, since those probably won't work well off of Earth. If I had more Absurds, I'd probably use them in here too but alas, I only own 4 >_<

The Tiamat's Rampage I have in a special deck which I cannot speak of right now until after Sunday. I was considering making this an all throw deck, but that was done with the old Earth Zangief5 I had, which I'm trying to keep from being the exact same deck (though there's a LOT of cards that I'm using in this deck that was in that deck...ehehe....). Was considering using Reversal again, but I think I've overplayed that card (that, and it likes to be checked and when I play it, check a 3...).

Tagrineth
10-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Protip: If you're running Reversal, run Twelve's action card Let's Go!. ;3 Just run like 2x Reversal and run 3-4x Let's Go!, it's totally rad.

Xenomic
10-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Hmm....I actually forgot that card even existed lol...I may have to try that with Kyoshiro and see how that works (I wouldn't run more than 2 Reversals at any given time cuz of how much bad luck I have with em lol). I'm sure between Let's Go! and Kyoshiro's F, I'd draw into either one of those Let's Go!, or into the Reversal.

I was looking for other cards that would work with Kyoshiro's R (which is what I tried to base the deck around cuz obviously, I can't base it around his other ability lol), but wasn't too sure on what all cards would work with it. I would assume Powerful works with his R right?