PDA

View Full Version : Chi Disruptor and Know When to Talk timing

ShadowDragon
06-23-2010, 12:04 AM
Ok, this is something a friend of mine has been wondering about and I want to make sure I've got things right too.

2 questions about this scenerio: player A attacks player B, who has a KWtT in their staging area and blocks with a Chi Disruptor (aside from the CD, their card pool is otherwise clear).

If they use CD's R first, can they still respond with KWtT after passing their attack or would the window have closed?

Also, if they respond with KWtT immediately after blocking, and then use CD's R, do they have to check for a 4 or a 5? (Would CD keep its place in the card pool or would it have moved because it is being played again?)

Tagrineth
06-23-2010, 02:55 AM
You have to respond with Chi Disruptor's R: first, then Know When to Talk..

(this was wrong - see below)

RockStar
06-23-2010, 03:28 AM
Does responding with Chi Disruptor's R first get around KWtTs text of "You may not play a reversal"? If that's the case, and you get to choose the order of your Rs in the 1st place, what's to keep players from EVER being restricted by KWtTs caveat text??

NJBrock22
06-23-2010, 04:40 AM
Ok, this is something a friend of mine has been wondering about and I want to make sure I've got things right too.

2 questions about this scenerio: player A attacks player B, who has a KWtT in their staging area and blocks with a Chi Disruptor (aside from the CD, their card pool is otherwise clear).

If they use CD's R first, can they still respond with KWtT after passing their attack or would the window have closed?

Also, if they respond with KWtT immediately after blocking, and then use CD's R, do they have to check for a 4 or a 5? (Would CD keep its place in the card pool or would it have moved because it is being played again?)

first scenario i personally looking at the card text see it as a cant vs can thing and cant ALWAYS Wins(unless a card effect says otherwise) so if ya even TRY to use kwtt in conjunction with Chi Disruptor... well ya just commited a foundation for nothing...

to second scenario, if ya didnt use KWtt at all, and ya fail the check for playing Chi as a reversal it would leave the card pool because you essentially picked it up and played it as a reversal, think of it as putting it in the transitional zone hence it left the card pool and it goes to your discard pile, but hey at least it freed up a spot for your next block.

N.J.

Tagrineth
06-23-2010, 11:51 AM
-----

Scratch that, Chi Disruptor's R: sets up a condition for playing itself as a Reversal later, after KWTT's restriction is in place. I forgot that CD doesn't play itself right away.

No, you can't combine the two effects. ^^;

RockStar
06-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the clarification, gang!!

SMazzurco
06-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Technically you could play the R on chi disruptor, then use KwtT, but then you could not play Chi as a reversal, correct?

(maybe you have a chasing after the power out you want to commit...work with me here lol)