PDA

View Full Version : Ms Valentine

NJBrock22
06-23-2010, 03:21 AM
another deck idea i had i used to have most of the cards that will be mentioned in this deck but sadly lost a lot of them...

Ivy7

Action(4)

Switching Weapon Styles x4

Asset(2)

Valentine2 x2 2/5 Unique +2M

Attacks(24)

Howling Spirits x4 3/3 3H3 Ranged +1L
Leaping Snap Kick x4 3/3 3H3 Reversal Kick +1M
Raging Gnome x4 3/3 3L7 Ranged +2M
Razor's Bite x4 3/3 4L2 Weapon +2M
Swing Kick2 x4 2/3 3L2 Kick +2L
Yi Shan's Dragon Tail Sweep x4 3/3 3L3 Kick +2L

Foundations(40)

Battle Tested x4 2/5
Deceptively Quick x4 2/5
Flexible Body x4 2/4 +3M
Genius Alchemist x4 2/5
Hunt for Jin x4 1/5 +2L
Looking for a Thrill x4 2/4 +3H
Needs a Challenge x4 3/5 +3M
Relaxing Model x4 2/5 +3H
Torn Hero x4 1/5
Unrefined x4 2/5

Mitsurugi, Taki, X and Christie gave her quite a few new toys to play with and thanks mainly to Mitsurugi she is now VERY, VERY Dangerous if built right, hopefully i can get this deck physically built instead of having to proxy. And no this is not INTENTIONALLY Heavy with Foundations for Gray wars, its to make sure that when you use her response you still have some foundations left to use incase you do fail a check for a block next turn if ya dont kill your opponent.

N.J.

Mordai
06-23-2010, 03:46 AM
Life deck without torn hero? Fire is going to love you xD invlude it to deal with stuns.
Remove relaxing model perhaps.. also add more reversals if needed.. Then you can refill your hand.. on their turn! xD

Bloodrunstrue
06-23-2010, 06:07 AM
another deck idea i had i used to have most of the cards that will be mentioned in this deck but sadly lost a lot of them...

Ivy7

Action(4)

Switching Weapon Styles x4

Asset(2)

Valentine2 x2 2/5 Unique +2M

Attacks(24)

Howling Spirits x4 3/3 3H3 Ranged +1L
Leaping Snap Kick x4 3/3 3H3 Reversal Kick +1M
Raging Gnome x4 3/3 3L7 Ranged +2M
Razor's Bite x4 3/3 4L2 Weapon +2M
Tian Wu Kick x4 3/3 3H3 Stun: 1 Kick +1M
Yi Shan's Dragon Tail Sweep x4 3/3 3L3 Kick +2L

Foundations(40)

Battle Tested x4 2/5
Brazilian Beauty x4 2/5 +2H[personal choice]
Deceptively Quick x4 2/5
Flexible Body x4 2/4 +3M
Genius Alchemist x4 2/5
Hunt for Jin x4 1/5 +2L
Looking for a Thrill x4 2/4 +3H
Needs a Challenge x4 3/5 +3M
Relaxing Model x4 2/5 +3H
Unrefined x4 2/5

Mitsurugi, Taki, X and Christie gave her quite a few new toys to play with and thanks mainly to Mitsurugi she is now VERY, VERY Dangerous if built right, hopefully i can get this deck physically built instead of having to proxy. And no this is not INTENTIONALLY Heavy with Foundations for Gray wars, its to make sure that when you use her response you still have some foundations left to use incase you do fail a check for a block next turn if ya dont kill your opponent.

N.J.

Dude, I love you :)

I have to ask though, now that POTM is banned is there really any point in SWS? It's a 4/4 no block that requires all of your attacks to check 4's to pass :/
Secondly, Is valentine that useful? Surely you are better off with using prominent noblewoman instead?
thridly, I question your attack line up:

Howling spirits- No objections, should be a 4 of in any Ivy deck, period.
Leaping snap kick: Great as a reversal, seriously if you can reverse, draw 2 cards and clog their card pool to string next game it's game over essentially. However, this card is vanilla on your own attacking turns and deducts from your ability to kill. Combos well with felxible body (although I don't recommend that card in Ivy.)
Raging gnome: I find that 4 ends up clogging your hand with too many copies of the card, I suggest going 2 rising hilt and 2 gnomes instead. Gnome took a massive hit with POTM banning :/
Razor's bite: No objections. Card is godly.
Tia wu kick: Drop this attack. Run something else more versatile like cross madness or Swing kick.
Yi shan's leg sweep: A bit meh, TBH but nice low attacks.

You need to be careful with the number of 3 diff attacks you run, I suggest adding Swing kick, dropping tia wu and lowering the number of attacks to 20-22.

As far as foundations are concernec you need a LOT more 1 diff stuffin order to accelerate and make longer chains, consider:
Torn Hero (Absolutely vital)
Soul that protects (Also vital)
Know when to talk... (Combos well with Flexible body and TBH is probably better than snap kick, but run both anyway :))
Carefree (it has a +1 mid block,)
Quick Exit (If you can get a hold of them)

Also you seem to have a lot of 4 check foundations, may have to try this in future. Try and include Researching the past and /or Researching anywhere.
Secondly, don't run unrefined in Ivy, it sucks.

I'll post my Ivy build here too once I build it today.

P.S without POTM it's gonna be so hard to adapt to the meta.

Thankyou
Bloodrunstrue

SMazzurco
06-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Im doing something completely different with ivy.

Will post deck this weekend.

Genius alchemist is a good way to make SWS not require you checking a 4...

NJBrock22
06-23-2010, 12:44 PM
never planned on EVER running Ivy with path, as crazy as that sounds, i have enough damage pumps thru Mitsurugi's stuff, and by the time i start swinging it should be a never ending chain of pokes if i have a 8-12 foundation set up in play. Yes Valentine may not look that good but once you have played it it is good for the deck. Also 12 4's a lot... what game are you playing, what got NO guts... really... i played a very similar deck in my meta and out of 200 games only ONE time has a 3 or 4 came back and bit me, but NEVER cost me a match(181-2-17) with the deck.

N.J.