PDA

View Full Version : New License Idea...

RockStar
10-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Would love to see a FFVII Set!! For real...Can you say Cloudstrife vs Sephiroth Battle Pack?? I can, and it rolls off the tongue very easy!! :)

tannerface
10-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Can you say $$$$$$$$$$. Besides it's not a fighting game. To be honest I would really like to see darkstalkers back. As well as snk.

caboosium
10-23-2010, 08:43 PM
I think that would be pretty awesome idea. I could see a buster sword asset.

aslum
10-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Um... Disidea?

RockStar
10-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Can you say $$$$$$$$$$. Besides it's not a fighting game. To be honest I would really like to see darkstalkers back. As well as snk.

Any license will cost $$. If i had to choose between the two, i would prefer SNK before Darkstalkers, but whatevs.

Seriously tho, this conversation is just to pass the time until Jasco reveals a bit more about the RH world. Can't wait!!

tannerface
10-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Um... Disidea?

Disgaea? Laharl woot! lol

aslum
10-23-2010, 11:23 PM
I'd frakking love a Prinnie deck! Hells yeah!

Knightmaregol
10-23-2010, 11:30 PM
The great thing about just being able to toss around ideas for new licenses is you don't have to worry about the cost. It's just sort of a 'wouldn't it be cool' type deal.

Firstly, two fighting games have been spawned with Cloud, Sephiroth in them under a fighting engine ( Disidia and from the ps1 Enhergiez (sp?).

They'd be awesome to get into the game. I love the entire FF franchise, so a Tidus character card would be fun or even Vivi. But a Cloud/Sephiroth battle pack would be sweet to see. being able to drop Bahamut as an attack would be pretty cool too.

Hatman
10-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Oh god no.

Read as if all caps, please.

Lewk
10-24-2010, 05:28 AM
I say leave ff to rpg's as an oppose to fighting games :p

Besides, if a ff7 battle pack or set or something was made, people would want more from the other ff games. Then we'd have 13 ff sets xD

RockStar
10-24-2010, 08:55 AM
I say leave ff to rpg's as an oppose to fighting games :p

Besides, if a ff7 battle pack or set or something was made, people would want more from the other ff games. Then we'd have 13 ff sets xD

Exactly! Can you say, franchise?! Lolz!

But, seriously, all this talk about FFVII not being an arcade fighter...uhm, Red Horizon isn't either, but i expect it to be just as compelling! I think FFVII has a very compelling story line, complex characters, and some wicked-cool fighting moves to boot. Throw in the Buster Sword and the different Mana as playable assets and ba-da-bing-ba-da-boom! Insta-classic!! :)

Heck, i'd love to see how the different Summons would be handled, as they were one of the most epic things about playing/watching that game...seriously...Bahamut!!!

EscarcegaGuy
10-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Yeah let's get the most overrate RPG turned into a UFS set. More like one of the most original posts here. FF VII was one of the worst.

Hatman
10-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Yeah let's get the most overrate RPG turned into a UFS set. More like one of the most original posts here. FF VII was one of the worst.

this, only more insulting

Starsoulklr
10-24-2010, 12:37 PM
... It would be best just to recover lost franchises rather then get new ones for one battle set.

IF they were to obtain a Final Fantasy License I would rather then go for Dissidia, possibly even the upcoming squeal.

Trip Se7ens
10-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Let's just get back Street fighter... Please, I want my Sakura back...

SMazzurco
10-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Let's just get back Street fighter... Please, I want my Sakura back...

Being that heroclix just aquired SF, it makes me hesitant to think it will be back in UFS soon. I could be wrong.

Trip Se7ens
10-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Maybe Capcom is willing to continually whore themselves out for more money, lol!

Loon
10-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Being that heroclix just aquired SF, it makes me hesitant to think it will be back in UFS soon. I could be wrong.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Dammit.

Zues9105
10-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Maybe not just FF but Square Enix would be the license so all available games could be thrown in just do a Final Fantasy set with Char. pulls from all editions so as to get an ALLSTAR cast for that set

tannerface
10-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Yea getting street fighter back would be nice. Like super street fighter 4 would be really nice. I would love to see a Juri or goken.

Trip Se7ens
10-24-2010, 04:04 PM
I just wish all characters could become legal... barring some chars like legacy Adon... and the other banned ones... yeah, yeah old dog new tricks, etc, etc, but I just want a more vast selection of my starting characters than the limited pool now for standard.

Tagrineth
10-24-2010, 05:55 PM
FF7 is hardly a "new idea" for UFS lol, I remember people talking about that back on the STG boards... before set 4's release. XD

If FF anything got licensed I'd hope for it to be a generic "Final Fantasy" license rather than a specific game, but if it was a specific game, FF6 would be a far better choice - much larger cast of characters, etc.

Loon
10-24-2010, 06:03 PM
...FF6 would be a far better choice - much larger cast of characters, etc.

Opera House terrain FTW

EscarcegaGuy
10-25-2010, 07:48 AM
I'm so tired of my favorite game should be a UFS set topics. No they shouldn't. Final Fantasy was an RPG first therefore, why the hell should it be a set in a fighting game based CTG?

Tagrineth
10-25-2010, 08:07 AM
I'm so tired of my favorite game should be a UFS set topics. No they shouldn't. Final Fantasy was an RPG first therefore, why the hell should it be a set in a fighting game based CTG?

Because Penny Arcade. =P

Shinguyi
10-25-2010, 09:41 AM
If they actually pick Dissidia and leave it as small sets, you get enough characters to make 2 sets with different characters. Count the possible ones from the sequel and you have another extra set before having to print characters' second version.

Zues9105
10-25-2010, 09:56 AM

Man you are way off base Shadowar not a game at all Red Horizon not a game but im sure you like playing with cards from those sets huh? Your ideas are flawed this game needs to be brought out of the closet and FF7 would bring a large group of new players im sure just because i dont know its the most popular RPG in history. Think for once about the state of the game more players equalls more events equals more fun

Zues9105
10-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Oh and you must have forgot about Energise where cloud and sephiroth are both playable ch. in a fighting game

EscarcegaGuy
10-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Because Penny Arcade. =P
I forgot about that, mostly because I never played during then. I started near the rotation into block 2.

Man you are way off base Shadowar not a game at all Red Horizon not a game but im sure you like playing with cards from those sets huh? Your ideas are flawed this game needs to be brought out of the closet and FF7 would bring a large group of new players im sure just because i dont know its the most popular RPG in history. Think for once about the state of the game more players equalls more events equals more fun

Yeah, and they weren't anything before they were sets. They are made to look like fighting games. By your logic of just making an overrated game into a set of UFS, then we should market a Dragon Quest set to the Japanese, a Halo set for the Americans, or maybe a Modern Warfare 2 set. It just gets ridiculous when everybody wants their favorite video game into a UFS set. Shadowar and RH were made because of problems with licenses and I can deal with that to keep the game alive, but what I won't put up with is your wet dream as a set because it makes you happy while diluting what UFS was built for. Also from what I heard the Penny Arcade set was to have a familiar name and advertising when the game first started.

tannerface
10-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing non-fighting game characters in UFS as long as the game they come from has fighting in it. RPG, Fighter, MMOBA, doesn't matter to me as long as characters either A) Look sweet. or B) Have sweet/interesting abilities. Hell you could put left4dead 2 characters in and I would be happy (long as there are zombie characters).

RockStar
10-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Yeah, and they weren't anything before they were sets. They are made to look like fighting games. By your logic of just making an overrated game into a set of UFS, then we should market a Dragon Quest set to the Japanese, a Halo set for the Americans, or maybe a Modern Warfare 2 set. It just gets ridiculous when everybody wants their favorite video game into a UFS set. Shadowar and RH were made because of problems with licenses and I can deal with that to keep the game alive, but what I won't put up with is your wet dream as a set because it makes you happy while diluting what UFS was built for. Also from what I heard the Penny Arcade set was to have a familiar name and advertising when the game first started.

There is a saying: "The Seven Words of a Dying Church or Business" are We've Never Done It That Way Before. Your reasoning equates to this statement.

My first question to you would be what makes the FF Series over-rated? Because, sales of each game, along with the fanatic fan-boy followings of it send a clear message that it is HUGELY popular. I think "over-rated" is merely your own biased opinion and it's not supported by fact, or sales numbers. The series has a HUGE marketing tie-in that includes action figures, model kits, graphic novels, and oh yeah, a feature length film (2 actually, but i won't count the first one since it had nothing to do with the Series).

As far as your statement about PA's supposed advertising and marketing...there is nothing that Penny Arcade can do to match FF's name and brand recognition. FF already has, and had even back then, a built-in audience and fan-base, which makes marketing a much easier sell.

(It also means that acquiring a license to FF would be hugely prohibitive at this time, and i'm under no illusion to the contrary. I even said as much. This still doesn't change the fact that i think this would be a fun and fantastic addition to the UFS universe.)

To nail the point home, when FFG released the promotional, and quite non-legal Warhammer UFS Battle Pack Set, people went absolutely nuts, and it introduced UFS to a much larger audience. I believe they missed the boat, however, in following up with that demographic with cards set in a universe those newer players were familiar with that WOULD be tournament legal. The non-legality of those cards turned more than a few people off.

Lastly, I respect that you disagree with myself, and with others, for even putting out an idea about what we would love to see in UFS. I guess you'll have to forgive me for being a fan-boy of UFS, and daydreaming about what i think would make cool UFS additions. However, for you to say that you won't put up with what equates to, again in your own opinion, a "wet dream"...i think that verbiage has no place in this discussion, and i will kindly thank you in advance for keeping comments such as that to your self.

One closing question for you then...what happens should another Soul Cal title be released in UFS, and then lo and behold characters Darth Vadar and Yoda are also released in the UFS lexicon? Do you boycott, because as we all know Vadar and Yoda aren't from fighting games, they're from a movie!! Oh nos!!!! But, they're also in a fighting game...

Hmmm...what would you do then, i wonder?

Shinguyi
10-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Excellent statement above. Its not only of what you want but also what is best for the game. Just because the game is called Universal Fighting System doesn't mean it must get stuck with Fighting Games.

There has to be fuel in licenses for them to make good addition to UFS, and as far fetched as seeing Final Fantasy in general in UFS it would seem like an excellent move. How many people do you think would start playing if you see a huge Final Fantasy Set, the 4 starter deck characters are Cloud, Squall, Lightning and Terra? Or what of a Cloud vs Sephiroth Battle Pack? That will bring huge amounts of players to UFS.

Trip Se7ens
10-25-2010, 12:17 PM
To be honest, I feel like, this game attracted a lot of people because of the Capcom stuff, hence why it was all sold out INSTANTLY at Worlds, we need to find a way to make it come back! I miss those characters... and maybe SNK too...

Hatman
10-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Oh and you must have forgot about Energise where cloud and sephiroth are both playable ch. in a fighting game

And it sucked major balls. Seriously, it was awful.

EscarcegaGuy
10-25-2010, 02:54 PM
There is a saying: "The Seven Words of a Dying Church or Business" are We've Never Done It That Way Before. Your reasoning equates to this statement.

My first question to you would be what makes the FF Series over-rated? Because, sales of each game, along with the fanatic fan-boy followings of it send a clear message that it is HUGELY popular. I think "over-rated" is merely your own biased opinion and it's not supported by fact, or sales numbers. The series has a HUGE marketing tie-in that includes action figures, model kits, graphic novels, and oh yeah, a feature length film (2 actually, but i won't count the first one since it had nothing to do with the Series).

As far as your statement about PA's supposed advertising and marketing...there is nothing that Penny Arcade can do to match FF's name and brand recognition. FF already has, and had even back then, a built-in audience and fan-base, which makes marketing a much easier sell.

(It also means that acquiring a license to FF would be hugely prohibitive at this time, and i'm under no illusion to the contrary. I even said as much. This still doesn't change the fact that i think this would be a fun and fantastic addition to the UFS universe.)

To nail the point home, when FFG released the promotional, and quite non-legal Warhammer UFS Battle Pack Set, people went absolutely nuts, and it introduced UFS to a much larger audience. I believe they missed the boat, however, in following up with that demographic with cards set in a universe those newer players were familiar with that WOULD be tournament legal. The non-legality of those cards turned more than a few people off.

Lastly, I respect that you disagree with myself, and with others, for even putting out an idea about what we would love to see in UFS. I guess you'll have to forgive me for being a fan-boy of UFS, and daydreaming about what i think would make cool UFS additions. However, for you to say that you won't put up with what equates to, again in your own opinion, a "wet dream"...i think that verbiage has no place in this discussion, and i will kindly thank you in advance for keeping comments such as that to your self.

One closing question for you then...what happens should another Soul Cal title be released in UFS, and then lo and behold characters Darth Vadar and Yoda are also released in the UFS lexicon? Do you boycott, because as we all know Vadar and Yoda aren't from fighting games, they're from a movie!! Oh nos!!!! But, they're also in a fighting game...

Hmmm...what would you do then, i wonder?

First of all the only way a game can be "over-rated" (the only reason I put this in quotes is because obviously you think that quotation marks emphasize your point) is by opinion. It is my opinion that the Final Fantasy series is bad and I don't get the hype and fanboy-ism of it. As someone mentioned that a Left4Dead 2 set would be cool with them if it was released. Well I'm a huge nerd for the Left4Dead series, and I wouldn't like to see it as a set. I came to this game for a card based fighting game, if I wanted fantasy I would have stuck with Magic: The Gathering.

As for Penny Arcade, I said that they used it in the beginning as a stepping stone. To get things started, and to get it out there. I never said anything about it being the ultimate marketing source, just that people read the Penny Arcade comics, and I'm assuming on the website that it must had had advertising for the UFS set, if not then cool. I was just telling you what I heard. I didn't play until a few months before the rotation into block 2. The first pre-release I went to was the set that had shinobi tradition.

And finally comes my answer to your closing question. I know that if a new Soul Calibur IV set came out that they would never get the rights to the Star Wars characters. Just because the Apprentice, Darth Vader, and Yoda are in SC IV doesn't mean that Bandai has the rights to them. Star Wars stuff will never make it into UFS for the same reason Mortal Kombat won't be, the fact that both were already a card game. If that isn't the answer you were looking for, maybe a chance that those characters did make it into the game I would be mad. But 3 characters that don't fit compared to a whole set that doesn't fit. You tell me which I would think is worse.

My main point of this is that if you want your favorite game to be a card game go design a new card game yourself, but keep it out of the Universal FIGHTING System.

Tagrineth
10-25-2010, 03:06 PM
It is my opinion that the Final Fantasy series is bad and I don't get the hype and fanboy-ism of it.

So, you're probably not a fan of JRPGs?

My main point of this is that if you want your favorite game to be a card game go design a new card game yourself, but keep it out of the Universal FIGHTING System.

Yeah and RPGs have tons of FIGHTING.

You'd have more of a point if this was the UFGS.

RockStar
10-25-2010, 03:09 PM

I find it somewhat hilarious that you emphasize the FIGHTING, but fail to also allow for the possibility of the UNIVERSAL part of the name. I understand where you are coming from in that you are drawn to this game because of it's arcade fighter based pedigree; and, indeed, i was first drawn to this game for the very same reason (I want to play the Street Fighter card game, yo!).

And, i'm also very familiar with Lucas Film retaining the rights to Vadar, The Apprentice, and Yoda, so the likelihood of ever seeing them in UFS is zero to nil.

But, that wasn't the point.

This whole thread isn't about gauging the likeliness of any idea seeing actual cardboard implementation. It's only about voicing an opinion about what you would love to see, and what you think would make for a compelling UFS Set.

Despite your nay-saying, i still believe a Cloud vs Sephiroth battle pack would be insanely awesome!!

EscarcegaGuy
10-25-2010, 03:42 PM
So, you're probably not a fan of JRPGs?

If JRPGs are Japanese PRGs, then yeah I'm a fan. I play DragonQuest like there's no tomorrow. I just don't want there to be a sets of RPGs because there's fighting in the games. You don't see me trying to use my old Magic cards in a UFS deck because they are both cards.

Hatman
10-25-2010, 03:55 PM
And finally comes my answer to your closing question. I know that if a new Soul Calibur IV set came out that they would never get the rights to the Star Wars characters. Just because the Apprentice, Darth Vader, and Yoda are in SC IV doesn't mean that Bandai has the rights to them. Star Wars stuff will never make it into UFS for the same reason Mortal Kombat won't be, the fact that both were already a card game.

If you're referring to what I think you are with MK, know that Street Fighter was also part of that card game. Licenses and games change over the years. Now, the reason we would never get the rights to the Star Wars characters is that they're hella expensive.

Also, said this before each and every time I see this topic posted : I will stop playing this game if FF7 is licensed.

Loon
10-25-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm not too hyped on the idea, but the characters have everything they need to fit into UFS: some fighting, some backstory and some style. The only character from the whole series that would really interest me (before seeing stats, of course) would be Vivi.

SMazzurco
10-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Despite your nay-saying, i still believe a Cloud vs Sephiroth battle pack would be insanely awesome!!

Cloud is an emo-pansy.

Seymour vs Sephiroth.

Wait, Seymour is an emo-pansy as well...still...his music was boss. And he has blue hair. Its a win-win.

EscarcegaGuy
10-25-2010, 04:48 PM
If you're referring to what I think you are with MK, know that Street Fighter was also part of that card game. Licenses and games change over the years. Now, the reason we would never get the rights to the Star Wars characters is that they're hella expensive.

Also, said this before each and every time I see this topic posted : I will stop playing this game if FF7 is licensed.

I was referring to the MK card game that STG made that flopped before UFS.

Starsoulklr
10-26-2010, 12:22 AM
And finally comes my answer to your closing question. I know that if a new Soul Calibur IV set came out that they would never get the rights to the Star Wars characters. Just because the Apprentice, Darth Vader, and Yoda are in SC IV doesn't mean that Bandai has the rights to them. Star Wars stuff will never make it into UFS for the same reason Mortal Kombat won't be, the fact that both were already a card game.

FYI Wizards no longer has the rights to Star Wars as they didn't renew their license this year. IF Jasco really wanted to they could obtain the rights for those three going for SoulCalibur 4 again. Then again I'd rather they go for Broken Destiny, and NOT for Kratos but for Dampirre.

Also who knows how the Mortal Kombat License is now that Midway was sold to Warner Bros. It could be up for grabs.

My point is that things change just like how it sounds like Street Fighter may not be recoverable. I would rather they go for just a few key franchises rather then handful they can't handle the expenses for.

EscarcegaGuy
10-26-2010, 04:14 PM
FYI Wizards no longer has the rights to Star Wars as they didn't renew their license this year. IF Jasco really wanted to they could obtain the rights for those three going for SoulCalibur 4 again. Then again I'd rather they go for Broken Destiny, and NOT for Kratos but for Dampirre.

Also who knows how the Mortal Kombat License is now that Midway was sold to Warner Bros. It could be up for grabs.

My point is that things change just like how it sounds like Street Fighter may not be recoverable. I would rather they go for just a few key franchises rather then handful they can't handle the expenses for.

Yeah, but generally when a license is lost in a card game another card game is unlikely to pick up that license.

SMazzurco
10-26-2010, 04:52 PM
As far as licenses go, the license to a game has nothing to do with the "extra" characters.

Exactly why Yoda, Darth, and apprentice were not in ALL systems. They are much "smaller" rights than the normal in game characters. For example Lucasfarts says "PS3 can use this char, xbox 360 can use this one" etc.

For you legal heads it's like a limited power of attorney vs a full one if that makes sense.

Shinguyi
10-26-2010, 05:28 PM
BlazBlue will probably be the closest thing to Street Fighter we can get this time around thanks to its popularity.

TripsEX
11-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Nick Markey's Mystical World of Magic.

JinKazama
11-21-2010, 06:00 PM

Epic Battles included
Street fighter
Mortal kombat and
Tekken

Starsoulklr
11-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Well the new partnership with Udon could possibly lead back to the Capcom titles. Regardless of that hopefully it leads to more interest of UFS and Red Horizon.

Amaru
11-23-2010, 11:33 AM

Are you trolling? If you are not trolling, it's official, you have issues!

Everyone knows FFXIV IS the worst one :P!

Vexion
12-03-2010, 01:19 AM
.. I've onlty read the first page....

For a SERIOUS License.... Killer Instinct!

Seriously... Orchid would sell like nobody's business...

Or Mortal Kombat... Shang Tsung ftw....

RockStar
12-03-2010, 10:28 AM
.. I've onlty read the first page....

For a SERIOUS License.... Killer Instinct!

Seriously... Orchid would sell like nobody's business...

Or Mortal Kombat... Shang Tsung ftw....

Yeah.....

....NO!

KI is the king of dial-a-combo, and was perhaps my least favorite fighting game...EVER.

Mortal Kombat...well, unfortunately, this arcade fighter just hasn't been relevant for years now. Kung Lao, ftw!!

tannerface
12-03-2010, 08:58 PM
How bout bloody roar. That game was awesome. Not to mention some cool character concepts/abilities could come out of that. Didn't Jason say they had a license to announce at Nats or rather something in the works?

RockStar
12-03-2010, 09:11 PM
How bout bloody roar. That game was awesome. Not to mention some cool character concepts/abilities could come out of that. Didn't Jason say they had a license to announce at Nats or rather something in the works?

I remember that game...SO COOL!! Loved trying to beat the monsters in human form, for whatever reason. :)

marauders1972
12-03-2010, 09:28 PM
G.i. Joe baby !!! It would be so cool to see snake-eyes vs storm shadow !!!

Skull_Knight
12-04-2010, 01:50 AM
Seriously, a good enough Christmas present for me would be getting back the SNK licenses. I really, REALLY want Oswald from KOFXI or Enja from Samurai Shodown.

tannerface
12-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Personally my fav license was darkstalkers. All the characters were so cool. That and if possible you could do a Nehtali vs Morrigan, would be a sweet chick fight.

SMazzurco
12-04-2010, 08:21 AM
Not sure how well it would fit in but i think a Rockman/Megaman set would be cool.

Could have Rockman, protoman, zero, bass as well as Dr. Wily and all his minions.

Probably not crazy expensive, and lots of characters/variety. Just not a lot of moves/backstory for some characters

Shinguyi
12-04-2010, 02:23 PM
I think SNK would be good (and maybe cheap to some extent). Blaz Blue will bring a lot of players though (I don't play it though).

Black Stallon
12-07-2010, 12:52 AM
At this point I think any fighting game relevant license, even if it Jojos Adventure would be acceptable. I really dislike how UFS siding away from what it was originally meant to be, playing as your favorite video game characters. First was Shadowar now this Red horizion thing that is way too many fabricated characters. Next thing u know Capcom will be drop and another random name will take its place.

KodiakZero
12-07-2010, 01:10 AM
Not sure how well it would fit in but i think a Rockman/Megaman set would be cool.

Could have Rockman, protoman, zero, bass as well as Dr. Wily and all his minions.

Probably not crazy expensive, and lots of characters/variety. Just not a lot of moves/backstory for some characters

A couple years ago that may not have been possible because the name was doing well on its own. However, Megaman is practically dead in the water as far as sales and new entertainment are involved. It would be sooo much easier now to snag that license. Capcom has also done business involving UFS as well. Bass would be cool.

Back on topic, getting Squaresoft to sell the license would be expensive i'd imagine. If they could get a big license, it would definitely help with UFS's advertising i'd come to believe.

Trip Se7ens
12-07-2010, 01:49 AM
I just want Bleach. :D

Shinguyi
12-07-2010, 08:43 AM
At this point I think any fighting game relevant license, even if it Jojos Adventure would be acceptable. I really dislike how UFS siding away from what it was originally meant to be, playing as your favorite video game characters. First was Shadowar now this Red horizion thing that is way too many fabricated characters. Next thing u know Capcom will be drop and another random name will take its place.

Blame money being the issue and Jasco games losing the licenses FFG had.

If something needs to be done to start the game again it needs to be done. Also, hard core gamers enjoy this kind of stuff.

Kizer
12-07-2010, 09:23 AM
A final fantasy set would be cool I guess, but I certainly would not want it to just be 7. I would want representatives from each game.

My biggest desired sets would be Rival Schools and Marvel vs Capcom. I'd settle for a new Street Fighter set though.

Black Stallon
12-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Well, money is always a thing. But a lot of the player base joined the game to play as Ryu, Akuma and the others favorites. There is a handful of hardcore gamers out there, most people they just play casual and locally.

Street Figther the most recognized video game out there got dropped, that is definetly bad mojo.

Trip Se7ens
12-07-2010, 12:54 PM
I wouldn't mind Darkstalkers, Rival School, and SF again.

Shinguyi
12-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Sad and true... that's why I think that Blaz Blue may be the closest thing to Street Fighter we can get in UFS since we can't get the same Street Fighter we had.

EscarcegaGuy
12-07-2010, 01:11 PM
I really want this thread to die in a fire.

tannerface
12-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Lol burn thread burn.

Starsoulklr
12-08-2010, 12:29 AM
I would like to see Darkstalkers, Soul Calibur 4 and just King of Fighters without a year or number restriction recovered but this thread needs a little bit of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FJTK_iNA5s

tannerface
12-08-2010, 08:11 AM
LMAO that would be the most annoying guy to fight in a fighting game ever, and I mean EVER!!!

Vexion
12-10-2010, 04:28 PM
On Topic... If we were to get a FF set, I agree, I would prefer to see some from all the FF games (Obscure FFI boss Garland FTW!).... And I would really like to see Blaz Blu... Awesome freaking game...

OK... I thought up some really old ones I'd really like to see...

One of them, would be an oooold 95 fighting game got NeoGeo.. Also in the arcades.... Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer....

The other, a 99 PS1 fighting game... That I think would have some damn nice potential... Evil Zone... Keiya would SOO be my character....

And lastly, it's not so much a fighting game as a beat-em-up, but I can see the potential it'd have in UFS.... The Bouncer (PS2, 01). Probably the most potential out of all of them, what with the mass of characters (and two of them at alternate power levels).

So, what do you guys think?

EDIT: Two new licenses I forgot about...

Virtua Fighter.... And another of my personal favorites, Battle Arena Toshinden.