PDA

View Full Version : Attention Potential Scouts/TO's!

JohnHag
06-23-2010, 01:30 PM
Hello everyone,

I had a question to all you player's out there who are interested in becoming a Scout and/or TO. What are some things that you would like to see from us? We are in the process of trying to come up with a proper reward system for our Scouts and TO's, and we would certainly like to hear from you all about ideas or suggestions that you all might have.

The future of this game cannot continue by simply stocking stores with product, as we have seen in the past. We understand how crucial it is for not only us, but for the player base to get involved in marketing the game. We want to implement a program that adequately rewards Scouts and TO's for their hard work. Before we do that, we want to hear from you all on what you would like to see, and any suggestions you all might on the whole process.

Tagrineth
06-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Well one thing we experienced, it would've been much better if Scouts had received more copies of tournament-exclusive cards, rather than the Scout getting, say, 1 Chester's 1 Abelia's 1 Greed's and a bunch of crappy characters. Scouts aren't supposed to win prizes from their area's tournaments, putting Scouts at a disadvantage because they're forced to trade for more copies of the exclusives. I'm not necessarily saying Scouts should receive a playset of every promo automatically, but playsets in general would be preferable to onesies.

That's about all I can think of offhand.

Hatman
06-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Honestly, the best thing would be to compile what has worked in player recruitment in certain areas and give out tutorials for scouts. Some of us are good at running tournaments and pleasing an already established playerbase, and others are better at being outspoken and carrying the game to new locales. Sharing knowledge may need to more creativity in spreading the word and if the company would help us in that regard, it would definitely be an interesting way. Especially if it is freely available, as it may lead to some people who are on the fence to take the plunge.

TripsEX
06-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Product over promos, honestly.

Tifer
06-28-2010, 02:52 AM
I'd like to see some scout exclusive stuff, like playmats or something. Not really cards, as that would be relatively unfair.. haha. Yugioh does it, and it seems to work out pretty well.

Bloodrunstrue
06-28-2010, 05:28 AM
I'd like to see some scout exclusive stuff, like playmats or something. Not really cards, as that would be relatively unfair.. haha. Yugioh does it, and it seems to work out pretty well.

^ I second this.
Like a Scout exclusive art print of a card in the set would be fantastic, also it could be hung up in the store and look awesome!

An idea i've been tossing around is meta-contribution similar to that practiced in Magic:the gathering; Scout rewards could be earned as a result of writing match-up reports and posting them onto the main forum for others to examine. Another idea is for scouts and playerbases to write reviews on promos and new releases and feed these reviews back to Jasco and the main site, for example, If my group (Pigeon Games) really liked a new promo and we wrote a review explaining why we liked it we could be entitled to a small reward and the community could benefit from the review.

Rewards could be:
Additional promos
Concept artwork
Sneak previews

I hope this has been Helpful Jasco, good luck! Keep trying!
Bloodrunstrue

SirShajir
06-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Honestly, the best thing would be to compile what has worked in player recruitment in certain areas and give out tutorials for scouts. Some of us are good at running tournaments and pleasing an already established playerbase, and others are better at being outspoken and carrying the game to new locales. Sharing knowledge may need to more creativity in spreading the word and if the company would help us in that regard, it would definitely be an interesting way. Especially if it is freely available, as it may lead to some people who are on the fence to take the plunge.

This is why oshawa has 2 scouts and we just divide the scout pack. I try to organzie/promote the larger events while Link does the smaller weekly venues.
The one thing that I was thinking is that promo's should not be staples in decks like olcadans or chesters where they are stronger the cards you get from packs. New characters... alternate art or reprints are good. Things like heel snipe and chester or olcadans are cause problems cause everyone wants them and the people who dont get them are at a serious disadvantage.

rAn
06-28-2010, 06:25 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing full art promos or alternate art promos.

ShadowDragon
06-28-2010, 08:57 PM
I'd be happy to see alternate art characters~ There are some characters who I'd probably play more often if their art was better, and some I just love and would like to see additional art for them.

Eithinis
06-28-2010, 09:10 PM
I'd be happy to see alternate art characters~ There are some characters who I'd probably play more often if their art was better, and some I just love and would like to see additional art for them.

God how much i would have played adon4 were it not for the ATROCIOUS ART.

Nubian God
06-28-2010, 09:37 PM
God how much i would have played adon4 were it not for the ATROCIOUS ART.

That was Adon?! I've always thought he was the Monarch... =S

ShadowDragon
06-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Where's Rene? Or someone else with photoshop skills?? I gotta see a shopped Adon4 with the Monarch's costume now!

JohnHag
06-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Hey everyone,

We talked it over what we want to be able to do for our Scouts and TO's. We had the same concern that many of you did when it came to actual card support, and that it was unfair to only have a certain portion of the player base with access to certain cards. Regardless of who you are, we want all of our product to be available to you all.

What we are going to do is start making custom card sleeves, deck boxes, binders, and play mats. It will show our appreciation to our Scouts and TO's without putting any player in a position where they do not have access to certain cards. We have been working hard on some ideas for what we want them to look like and we are fairly pleased with what we have seen. Again, this is not something that we can implement right away, but we are working to get these made as soon as we can.

In the meantime, we understand that many of you all, and your player base, do not have access to many of the promotional cards that were released. We are going to be sending our Scouts and TO's select promotional cards to help with a bit of the distribution problem that we have. We certainly want to make this an attractive option, and the cards that are being distributed should reflect that. If you are a Scout and/or TO, or are wanting to be, please contact us through email so we can further explain the process more. scouts@jascogames.com

Also, be on the lookout for more information regarding Scouts and TO's. We are currently a bit grounded here at the office, so we are not able to spread the good UFS word as we would like to at the moment. We know the kind of influence that our Scouts and TO's can have and we want to see you all involved, as we know it is crucial to the success of the game. For those who have been Scouts/TO's, and for the current ones, we thank you for your dedication and hard work. The UFS community is an amazing thing to be a part of, and the hard work that you all show is a big reason why.

Thank you all again, and we hope to have more information to you as soon as we can.

Link
06-29-2010, 04:12 PM
I've tried emailing about becoming a scout again but for some reason i keep getting a failed to send email notice. :S

SirShajir
06-29-2010, 04:24 PM
There is a typo in the email
it is scouts@jascogames.com

Arch Duke Obvious
06-29-2010, 04:38 PM
The email typo has been corrected in John's post.