PDA

View Full Version : an interesting topic

NJBrock22
11-07-2010, 02:13 AM
ok this may be touchy for some people, but how many of you guys frequent OTHER forums, and promote UFS on them or at least subtiley mention the game. I know i do on the 5-6 forums that i frequent, because i think that's gonna be the quickest way to spread word of mouth and get more people and more metas open... just a thought; also to those wondering there will be no Character Gems Corner next week sorry... got 10 other projects i'm working on at the moment.

N.J.

Lewk
11-07-2010, 06:33 AM
I hardly ever use forums other than this one, however, I have promoted it through my friends through face-to-face convos and facebook status'.

NJBrock22
11-07-2010, 02:32 PM
well it's good to see i'm not alone in this.

N.J.

michel3105
11-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Of course I promote UFS in other communities, expecially the forum belonging to my gaming club.

I even managed to ignite a sort of meta in my hometown, without even a shop or a distributor in the whole country (Italy) carrying the product. But I believe this game is VERY GOOD, so I'm having fun demoing and promoting it.

Hatman
11-08-2010, 09:42 AM
With no actual store friendly to UFS around here, it's kind of difficult promoting offline. Online, I talk about the game to those who I think would be interested.

Zues9105
11-08-2010, 10:07 AM
one of the best ways to attract new blood is to hit the colledges you live near by if there is one we dropped off a lot of promos and a few packs and it will bring people atleast it has worked in the past for a lot of people trying to promote games it may cost you allitle money up front but the return in players is much better oh and you dont need a store to get ufs going scouts can get boxes from jasco's to increase card flow to the public

dutpotd
11-08-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm going to find the time into actually organizing my standard collection and getting up sets of 'starter' cards and decks to give to friends to get them going with minimal initial investment. And yeah, I speak positively of UFS every chance I get, be proud of what you do or don't do it. Period.

- dut

Black Stallon
12-06-2010, 11:43 PM
I try to but is hard for people to put money in a game with a stained past. All of the powerful money cards that me and my playgroup owned (PotE, Fortune teller, Infiltrating) just to name a few totally collapse in value. From $20-$10 down to like 25 cents. The kind of thing that never happen in an established game like Magic. Is a very though cookie to sell.

Kizer
12-07-2010, 08:50 AM
I got a hand full of my friends into the game when I started. I also mentioned the game on sites like SRK and capcom unity. I am in the east coast of USA though, where no one plays this game it seems. I can't get any support at all.

SMazzurco
12-07-2010, 08:59 AM
I got a hand full of my friends into the game when I started. I also mentioned the game on sites like SRK and capcom unity. I am in the east coast of USA though, where no one plays this game it seems. I can't get any support at all.

LOL.

being from the west coast, just LOL. This game is a lot stronger on the east then the west coast i think is the general consensus my friend

Kizer
12-07-2010, 09:09 AM
LOL.

being from the west coast, just LOL. This game is a lot stronger on the east then the west coast i think is the general consensus my friend

Isn't Jasco in texas? I figured you guys would have a lot more support over in the west. Where I am anyway, there is no support for the game.

SMazzurco
12-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Isn't Jasco in texas? I figured you guys would have a lot more support over in the west. Where I am anyway, there is no support for the game.

Texas is pretty "mid" as far as location goes. I am out in california, nowhere near texas.

Kizer
12-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Texas is pretty "mid" as far as location goes. I am out in california, nowhere near texas.

but still closer to cali then jersey. Also the fighting game scene is MUCH bigger over there then it is over here. It only made sense to me that it would be bigger there.

SMazzurco
12-07-2010, 09:46 AM
but still closer to cali then jersey. Also the fighting game scene is MUCH bigger over there then it is over here. It only made sense to me that it would be bigger there.

I thought the fighting game scene on the the east coast (NY, etc) rivaled that of the west but maybe i was mistaken

Kizer
12-07-2010, 09:54 AM
I thought the fighting game scene on the the east coast (NY, etc) rivaled that of the west but maybe i was mistaken

we have some big players here like Arturo Sanchez and Yipes, but there really is only one honest to god Arcade left in New York. It's my understanding out west they still have a few up and running. As for what coast is actually better, I couldn't tell you, but you guys certainly have more options.

Trip Se7ens
12-07-2010, 09:55 AM
I try to but is hard for people to put money in a game with a stained past. All of the powerful money cards that me and my playgroup owned (PotE, Fortune teller, Infiltrating) just to name a few totally collapse in value. From $20-$10 down to like 25 cents. The kind of thing that never happen in an established game like Magic. Is a very though cookie to sell.

What...? My money cards in Magic always drop after each 3 month rotation... at least UFS waits every 2 years. Also, PoTE is reprinted and legal again! :D

Black Stallon
12-07-2010, 11:59 AM
What...? My money cards in Magic always drop after each 3 month rotation... at least UFS waits every 2 years. Also, PoTE is reprinted and legal again! :D

3 months? Magic rotation is every 2 years and the powerful cards even the uncommons they retained their value pretty good after rotation. Some of them even sky rocket when the PTQ season is on Legacy and extended format. I had a lot of UFS money cards started playing from the beggining. just to name a few:

1: Soul Power
2: start over
3: Infiltrating
4: moonbeam slicer
5: shoulder rush

All these cards value from $9 to 25 dollars before UFS plummeted. Now had to sell them for like .25 cents to online retailer because nobody wants them.

Tader_Salad
12-07-2010, 12:13 PM
3 months? Magic rotation is every 2 years and the powerful cards even the uncommons they retained their value pretty good after rotation. Some of them even sky rocket when the PTQ season is on Legacy and extended format. I had a lot of UFS money cards started playing from the beggining. just to name a few:

All these cards value from $9 to 25 dollars before UFS plummeted. Now had to sell them for like .25 cents to online retailer because nobody wants them.

If you sold shoulder rush or infiltrating for 0.25 you got taken. Lesson learned if you leave a game dump everything the first chance you get to an a dealer of all ppl you won't get jack. A player will buy those for much more.

NJBrock22
12-07-2010, 12:24 PM
also think of it this way... if the game's most powerful cards are around 25c to $1.50 each... then hey EVERYONE can afford to make a good deck, right... RIGHT! yeah it sucks to be the person selling the cards but still... Also way to go threadjacking guys, stop that keep on topic or GET OUTTA MAH THREAD!

N.J.

Trip Se7ens
12-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Just be thankful you don't play Yugioh... My poor crush card... 250 bucks... to rare version... to banned... yay... Can't wait till pots of duality hit the limited list or is reprinted as a rare or uncommon.... so long 150 per card...

Shinguyi
12-07-2010, 04:13 PM

Doesn't apply to some games. Look at DBZ CCG in eBay; game died years ago and cards still go over $50...

Now to think ways of promoting the game...

Black Stallon
12-08-2010, 10:12 AM
If you sold shoulder rush or infiltrating for 0.25 you got taken. Lesson learned if you leave a game dump everything the first chance you get to an a dealer of all ppl you won't get jack. A player will buy those for much more.

Im selling my old cards as we speak. The fact is UFS playgroup is extremely small, we all know this. New players are not going to spend money on the old less played format. Old players like me there is basiclly non-existent around here. So who is going to pay 8 dollars for a shoulder rush on a game that sees no play locally. CCG retailer there is only 2 that I know of that buys UFS cards, 1 of them only buy standard. There is only 1 retailer that actually buys old school UFS cards, not much of a choice.

NJBrock22
12-08-2010, 10:40 AM
counter point, maybe you should FIND another player base or do like i did and go around MYSELF and demo to new prospective players, remember it's not always about legacy... play Extended or Standard, you can modify your format for home play(aka local play) but you MUST understand that if you go outside your area be prepared to play a format ya may not like... also $8 for a shoulder rush.. meh... as far as i'm concerned it's worth AT MOST $1... and i have a lot of Old players STILL playing the game in my area... many who quit because the game was getting TOO FAST TOO Quick(yeah we have a lot of old school control players in the meta) and have come back with the new standard format that allows for quick play and some control in somewhat equal balance, but if you're not willing to stick it out and TRY to play the current format... then i guess selling your stuff off is the right move...

N.J.