PDA

View Full Version : Zealot Rush's (2010 US Nationals First Place) Tira (Life/Air) Deck

dutpotd
11-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Bleh, 777 is asking me to post this ASAP so he can build it lol. Truth is I am at the office and don't have it with me, so this is from memory - I doubt there are errors, but if there are, I will correct them whenever I can.

So, this deck was only defeated by Kazuya during teams (which consisted of 5 matches, so it went 3-1-1 : 1-1-1* in swiss and 2-0 in top cuts), which I knew was a bad matchup. Kinda hard to play Wrath of Heaven with no staging area lol. Seriosuly though, the quickest this deck can kill is about turn 3 'if' you get momentum and have Arrayed for Battle out. Otherwise you are setting up, gaining bits and pieces of vitality, and drawing cards, DRAWING LOTS OF CARDS.

*, Sorry AJ but I think I would have won our team game in game 3 against your Heiachi so the Swiss record probably would have been 2-1-0. I had your Heiachi figured out and had a board setup in game 3 as I'm sure you noticed ^^. To everyone but AJ - In round 3 team Zealot Rush faced Team Epic Fail for the first time (again in the finals) and Matt and Kirk lost while I was still playing AJ, so we just packed it up.

Characters -

1 X Tira* - Air, Death, Life

= 1

Actions -

4 X Searching for Family - Life
4 X Quick Strike - Life
2 X Acrobatic - Air, Life
1 X Gloomy Side - Air, Life
1 X Jolly Side - Air, Life

= 12

Assets -

3 X Eiserne Drossel - Air, Life
1 X Wonderworld (the momentum zone changing one) - Air

= 4

Attacks -

3 X Wrath of Heaven - Life
4 X Lunging Brush Fire - Life
4 X Leaping Snap Kick - Life
4 X Swing Kick - Air, Life
2 X Crane Strike - Life

= 17

Foundations -

4 X Arrayed for Battle - Life
4 X Searching for Family - Life
3 X Researching the Past - Life
3 X Brazilian Beauty - Life
4 X Fleixbile Body - Air, Life
4 X Torn Hero - Life
4 X Quick Exit - Air, Life
2 X Carefree - Air, Life
2 X Mishima Zaibatsu Leader - Air
2 X Regretful Existence - Life
3 X Finding Happiness - Air, Life
2 X Know When to Talk - Life

= 37

Total Cards = 71 (including Gloomy/Jolly and Starting) = 69 in deck for opening draw

Sideboard -

3 X Gut Drill - Life
3 X Memories of a Nightmare - Life
2 X Knows her Objective - Air, Life

= 8

So the deck plays attacks over and over again by clearing with Tira, Lunging Brush Fire, or Finding Happiness. It also multiples out Wrath of Heavens... There is incredible control with attack -> clear -> researching -> searching frantically or for family. Quick Exit just makes all of this worse, either I use Tira's multiple 1 on Wrath of Heaven twice in the same turn or I just draw a ton of cards readying Searching for Family. The control this deck offers allows you to block with whatever block you need (say acrobatic), then Research and draw it again next turn. So, once setup, any deck that ran predictable zones (or if I had wonderworld out...) could be stopped cold.

You can also loop any of the Form actions, Frantic Search -> Frantic Search (or Quick Strike) then Brazilian Beauty to clear, and Research them back into your hand. It is kind of gross... Also, Quick Strike is the 'Perfect' lead into Lunging Brush Fire to gain momentum, do damage, and have an empty card pool for build thereafter.

I probably would put the Hunt for Jin or whatever instead of Carefree 'if' I didn't want to splash into Wonderworld and Mishima Zaibatsu. I could probably find a way to tweak this though, to get more Life/Air in there.

Comments/Questions - Ask away!

- dut

The Hurricane
11-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Hey man, this deck was amazing. I very much liked it. And no need to be sorry, I figured after game 2 that I had to beat you by turn 3 at the latest or I would eventually lose. I had no doubt in my mind that you would beat me in that final game so I just tried to survive until time was called. This was another reason why we chose Heihachi go up against someone else in the finals. LOL

Great build! You are a great person and I very much liked meeting you and I hope to throw down with you again at future tournaments!

The Hurricane (AJ)

tannerface
11-09-2010, 06:36 PM
I really like this decks idea. I feel like life is really restricted right now to doing the whole searching for family I'm a kick deck thing. However the idea of making wrath into a multiple excites me. Good run at nats.

dutpotd
11-09-2010, 06:43 PM
This was another reason why we chose Heihachi go up against someone else in the finals. LOL

Hehe, I thought as much. Probably some pretty good choices... Grats to you on an amazing tourney, that Heiachi took me by huge surprise and is frankly one of the best ones I've seen - defense on and offense, my style. I might just steal it from you with some tweaks of my own for Pro Tour hehe.

- dut

dutpotd
11-09-2010, 06:47 PM
I really like this decks idea. I feel like life is really restricted right now to doing the whole searching for family I'm a kick deck thing. However the idea of making wrath into a multiple excites me. Good run at nats.

I'm not so sure it isn't a 'this is the optimal thing to do' vs. a 'restriction', there are some pretty decent kick attacks out there! And yeah, multiple Wrath's excites anyone who's ever played UFS, the attack is a beast.

- dut

The Hurricane
11-09-2010, 06:48 PM
I might just steal it from you with some tweaks of my own for Pro Tour hehe.

Go for it man! I would like to see how he does in the future with Red Horrizon and all. I am gonna post the decklist and report sometime later, so if you dont remember everything then take a look at it.

Thanks again for the great games.

The Hurricane

PaulBittner
11-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Pure Awesome.

So when I got home the conversation went something like this:

Paul (P): So Garett was rolling around winning with a Life Tira deck?
Matt (M): Yeah, the deck was a typical Garett masterpiece, built the night before. Bunch junk that worked and owned people.
P: I don't get it. How was it killing people?
M: *Shrugs* Just multipled Wrath of Heaven a bunch - people couldn't stop it. 12 damage to the face you know?
P: *sigh*
M: I know.

To G - One wonderworld asset? Bunch of 2 of foundations? 71 card deck?!

Garett your crazy nuts and a mastermind all in one. Grats again on your success and victory. Thanks for taking my suggested name Zealot Rush - More proof again, that it ALWAYS works.

See you in Michigan.

Grizzlegrom
11-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Pure Awesome.

So when I got home the conversation went something like this:

Paul (P): So Garett was rolling around winning with a Life Tira deck?
Matt (M): Yeah, the deck was a typical Garett masterpiece, built the night before. Bunch junk that worked and owned people.
P: I don't get it. How was it killing people?
M: *Shrugs* Just multipled Wrath of Heaven a bunch - people couldn't stop it. 12 damage to the face you know?
P: *sigh*
M: I know.

To G - One wonderworld asset? Bunch of 2 of foundations? 71 card deck?!

Garett your crazy nuts and a mastermind all in one. Grats again on your success and victory. Thanks for taking my suggested name Zealot Rush - More proof again, that it ALWAYS works.
See you in Michigan.

From what Matt said it always works unless you got 4 people lol... :P

PaulBittner
11-10-2010, 04:58 PM
that's right. Zealot rushing with 3 is an auto win as you and your team discovered.

Grizzlegrom
11-10-2010, 04:59 PM
that's right. Zealot rushing with 3 is an auto win as you and your team discovered.

Yup I hope you're ready to be on the bluetooth lol...

((If you're not sure I guess Matt didn't tell you yet... :P))

dutpotd
11-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Yup I hope you're ready to be on the bluetooth lol...

((If you're not sure I guess Matt didn't tell you yet... :P))

Hehe, Paul you are going to be on our asset -> pointing at the map location for the rush lol.

mattkohls
11-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Guys, I told him

Also this deck is crazy. I don't even know what it does and it was on my team.

Grizzlegrom
11-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Guys, I told him

Also this deck is crazy. I don't even know what it does and it was on my team.

I didn't know either just knew he wrathed of heaven and it killed people so I guess it didn't really matter eh?

mattkohls
11-10-2010, 10:49 PM
True, I just know that it bodied some people

Trip Se7ens
11-11-2010, 02:53 AM
Ok, Garett, I built it, and half the gosh dang time, I'm trying to figure out what symbol I'm playing, you're ish is literally the most crazy crap I've ever seen, you are like a mad scientist, I swear.

dutpotd
11-11-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm not really sure if I should be flattered or insulted. And I would be lying if I said this was the first time I've felt like that, it seems every time I post one of my successful decks at least 3 people post that the deck doesn't make sense or do anything lol.

- dut

Judas225
11-11-2010, 03:02 PM
The deck isn't that complicated. You might just be reading them wrong, or people like messing with you. There is nothing in the deck that can't be figured out in 10 seconds just by thinking about individual parts.

It's a nicely built deck. Although I personally would have mained Memories of a Nightmare.