I LOVE ME SOME IRON WILL!!!!!

Hot chick? Check.
Tank top? Check.
Wet? Check.
One armed push ups? Check.

I like what I see!

EscarcegaGuy
11-11-2010, 01:42 PM
I thought Reese would be doing the push-ups. Lame.

JinKazama
11-11-2010, 01:43 PM
??? Are you gay

EscarcegaGuy
11-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Do I have to be gay to want to see a dude doing hot, wet push-ups?

JinKazama
11-11-2010, 01:51 PM
.... are you a female

SMazzurco
11-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Seal of Retribution...wow...UC and a 2/5!!

Iron Will gives me some more spam for my chaos deck...and i'm so glad i took that print (sorry drew)

Sheep's Clothing...here water water water

Darkness Barrier...i like

And i foresee a lot of people building reese

Ken_Masters
11-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Previews look good. I'm hoping Reese's support is amazing because he's very underwhelming. Templar is good but his attack base needs to be like the original Balrog's attack base...busted. :D

Darkness Barrier is stupid good.

Any 1/5 foundation with a block is already good to go, so keep'em coming.

Seal gives me hope that there will be some forms of not broken, but not useless control to come out of this set.

Ninja's rule
11-11-2010, 03:36 PM
YaY!!!! Evil gets a 1 difficulty foundation. My evil Astaroth build keeps getting closer to completion!!!
And may I say the art is absolutly AMAZING on all these cards so far.
Luvin' this....

Baranor
11-11-2010, 03:41 PM
I totally echo all of the above. I'm excited for my super cheap water reversal deck! Woot.

tannerface
11-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Lots of spam stuff. Good spam stuff at that.

Ninja's rule
11-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Lots of spam stuff. Good spam stuff at that.

mmmm.... spam is good.

God_of_Muay_Thai
11-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Reese looks beast! i cant wait for this set! Spoilers needs more Lily though.

Shinguyi
11-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Reese just broke Ostrheinsburg Castle - Twilight.

Darkness Barrier, meet Dariya. Darita, meet Darkness Barrier. I may finally be able to complete her deck...

Also had to add, artwork looks incredible... this will be one awesome set and return of UFS.

failed2k
11-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Saying reese is underwhelming is like looking at Jin and going "meh, he's alright I guess"

Reese appears to be fantastic to my simple eyes.

generalreaction2.0
11-11-2010, 06:38 PM
i hoping alot of reese's attacks our good so i can put them in steve fox

Trip Se7ens
11-11-2010, 07:04 PM
i hoping alot of reese's attacks our good so i can put them in steve fox

You mean I'm going to run Steve Fox's foundation's in Reese, right? :D

JinKazama
11-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Steve fox dosen't have support

Trip Se7ens
11-11-2010, 07:15 PM
BOXING IS LIFE! :D

thats about it though, haha. Time to build him off of all and draw a crap ton?

Ken_Masters
11-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Reese is nothing like Jin. Jin's abilities aren't confined to a keyword to be useful. Where Reese has to be running punches or else he's abilities are useless. That's why Reese's power level will be defined by his support. Jin is awesome and doesn't even have his own support cards. Lol. ;) Reese is more like Kim (from SNK) or Balrog (from SF), both of which were only "good" in their keyword based decks. (and how good they were is debatable)

Agreed art on all cards is awesome.

RockStar
11-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Reese is going to be amazing! Maybe not the best in the Set, but still...if you love aggro, you gotta love this guy!! He will definitely be THE ONE i look to build competitively!

What's really awesome, and i say this with all humility, is that Jason admitted to taking inspiration from my Fei Long build that i submitted to him back in June. :) What's even MORE awesome, is that Jason took inspiration for this Red Horizon set from A LOT of submitted fan-designs!!

Seriously, we are so fortunate to have a parent company that listens to its player base!!

RockStar
11-11-2010, 08:04 PM
BOXING IS LIFE! :D

Gut Drill is GOLD, btw!!!

RockStar
11-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Reese is nothing like Jin. Jin's abilities aren't confined to a keyword to be useful. Where Reese has to be running punches or else he's abilities are useless. That's why Reese's power level will be defined by his support. Jin is awesome and doesn't even have his own support cards. Lol. ;) Reese is more like Kim (from SNK) or Balrog (from SF), both of which were only "good" in their keyword based decks. (and how good they were is debatable)

Agreed art on all cards is awesome.

Perhaps Reese is dependent upon running Punches, but the fact remains that the ability to discard attacks from your card pool AND the ability to draw into more attacks is a powerful ability, regardless.

Jin is on the other side of AWESOME!!

HypeMan!
11-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm looking forward to Reese, he's the first i want to build at the time being.

Shinguyi
11-11-2010, 10:26 PM

I think Blazing Fist just met its Father. :P

...one can dream.... but close. :P

Hatman
11-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Saying reese is underwhelming is like looking at Jin and going "meh, he's alright I guess"

Reese appears to be fantastic to my simple eyes.

I'll wait until I see Reese's attack line-up before saying this. Character's solidly generic, however.

Shinguyi
11-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Is that a bad thing though? Having a character based to worn on a keyword is good in my opinion, especially giving an old keyword some more use that just playing with Steve Fox; now you get to decide who to play with, and change between matches to suit your needs; Card Power vs Speed.

Many other characters are much more wide in terms of effect, but having a character to make one keyword work seems like a good idea to me. All that is left to see is a character who can unlock the potential of all other mechanics that have been overshadowed (Ranged for example).

Hatman
11-12-2010, 12:05 AM
Is that a bad thing though? Having a character based to worn on a keyword is good in my opinion, especially giving an old keyword some more use that just playing with Steve Fox; now you get to decide who to play with, and change between matches to suit your needs; Card Power vs Speed.

I didn't say it was a bad thing. I just noticed that his abilities aren't overly complex and that they are solid. Looking at Kaden, they seem to be steering the game back into a more simplified direction when it comes to characters, which has to be easier to balance.

Trip Se7ens
11-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Rockstar, are you going to be on TV this weekend? I remember you saying you were gonna sing the National Anthem at the Niners game this week!

RockStar
11-12-2010, 12:50 AM
Rockstar, are you going to be on TV this weekend? I remember you saying you were gonna sing the National Anthem at the Niners game this week!

Well, i know that the 49ers game is televised, although i'm not sure if the singing of the National Anthem will be. However, if you can get it, 680/1050 KNBR AM Radio does broadcast the singing of the National Anthem. We will also be getting a dvd of our performance, and if i can, i will post it up for your viewing pleasure! :)

Trip Se7ens
11-12-2010, 01:02 AM
Well, i know that the 49ers game is televised, although i'm not sure if the singing of the National Anthem will be. However, if you can get it, 680/1050 KNBR AM Radio does broadcast the singing of the National Anthem. We will also be getting a dvd of our performance, and if i can, i will post it up for your viewing pleasure! :)

Yes please! Promote UFS on National TV! :P

JinKazama
11-12-2010, 05:01 AM
Reese is nothing like Jin. Jin's abilities aren't confined to a keyword to be useful. Where Reese has to be running punches or else he's abilities are useless. That's why Reese's power level will be defined by his support. Jin is awesome and doesn't even have his own support cards. Lol. ;) Reese is more like Kim (from SNK) or Balrog (from SF), both of which were only "good" in their keyword based decks. (and how good they were is debatable).

Actually they are some what kinda similar as jin wont work well without other copies. The hunt is on and spinning demon are also almost needed.

RockStar
Originally Posted by Trip Se7ens
BOXING IS LIFE!

Boxing is life isn't Steve's support and its not that good, but gut drill is really good.

Shinguyi
11-12-2010, 06:48 AM
I didn't say it was a bad thing. I just noticed that his abilities aren't overly complex and that they are solid. Looking at Kaden, they seem to be steering the game back into a more simplified direction when it comes to characters, which has to be easier to balance.

When you put it that way, it is kind of true. Only characters left are Lily, Miska and the promos.

Bloodrunstrue
11-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Wow....... I actually don't like any of the new previews. I'm underwhelmed and dissappointed that Jasco didn't put these up sooner.

Lastly, Reese is incredibly underwhelming and uncreative as is Kaden. I am actually dissappointed :/

Trip Se7ens
11-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Haters gonna hate.

SMazzurco
11-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Haters gonna hate.

ikr.

I can't wait to wreck face with all these new "terrible" cards

Ken_Masters
11-12-2010, 09:53 AM
I'll take plus one to all my checks for free any day of the week, cause that's what Jin does without any other cards. Reese does.....oh yeah nothing by just being on the field by himself. I agree that both are better when you build a deck around them. I'm just pointing out that comparing the two as characters is hardly fair or reasonable.

billyarnoss
11-12-2010, 10:02 AM
I like these new promos. Air, chaos and void are my favourite symbols, so glad that there's a new character coming with the lot of them on it. As for Iron will itself.... remember this: http://forums.jascogames.com/forums/showthread.php?1288-For-those-of-you-who-didn-t-see-this-in-the-Prevew-Art-OMG-post-)
(sorry if it's been pointed out earlier).

SMazzurco
11-12-2010, 10:07 AM
I'll take plus one to all my checks for free any day of the week, cause that's what Jin does without any other cards. Reese does.....oh yeah nothing by just being on the field by himself. I agree that both are better when you build a deck around them. I'm just pointing out that comparing the two as characters is hardly fair or reasonable.

A. Astaroth.
B. Diversity.
C. You have no idea what other cards are in RH. Personally i would love to see an asset with something like "CC's cannot be modified while this card is ready."

Trip Se7ens
11-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Lol, like what's funny to me is that only chaos Jin can consistently get multiple copies of himself out, any other deck, you're looking at at best +2 to your checks on your turn only, I'd much rather play other chars on those symbols with much better abilities. Just looking at reese, i can tell he is gonna have a fun way to make huge attack strings or just attack and replenish his hand like most all chars do already, which is sweet.

RockStar
11-12-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm just pointing out that comparing the two as characters is hardly fair or reasonable.

You're right. So, please stop comparing Reese to Jin. If every card was OMGZAMAZRINGIMJINKAZAMA power-level, this game would suck. And, we'd be saying that this game has nothing good, because of the parity of every card at that point.

Lastly, saying that Reese doesn't do anything by himself is a fallacy. His text box clearly has words and stats written inside it, so it really isn't too hard to figure out what he does: He discards punch attacks from his card pool, and keeps progressive difficulty low. AND, he draws into more attacks. This character is an Aggro-licious Gem who's going to be beating face when he's released. If Jeremy Ray and Andrew Olexa, two elite players of this game, are salivating for this Set to drop so they may build him, i'm thinking Reese's gonna be pretty boss!!

SMazzurco
11-12-2010, 10:30 AM
stop giving me ideas.

Action

R, Remove this card from the game: After your opponent plays a card whose CC was modified, remove that card from the game.

EAT IT JIN KAZAMA. JIN KAZAMA AIN'T GOT NUTTIN' ON ME!

EscarcegaGuy
11-12-2010, 10:43 AM
You're right. So, please stop comparing Reese to Jin. If every card was OMGZAMAZRINGIMJINKAZAMA power-level, this game would suck. And, we'd be saying that this game has nothing good, because of the parity of every card at that point.

Lastly, saying that Reese doesn't do anything by himself is a fallacy. His text box clearly has words and stats written inside it, so it really isn't too hard to figure out what he does: He discards punch attacks from his card pool, and keeps progressive difficulty low. AND, he draws into more attacks. This character is an Aggro-licious Gem who's going to be beating face when he's released. If Jeremy Ray and Andrew Olexa, two elite players of this game, are salivating for this Set to drop so they may build him, i'm thinking Reese's gonna be pretty boss!!

Yeah, but what if the ATL Champ doesn't like him? Then what?

Trip Se7ens
11-12-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm calling Ben ASAP!!!!

EscarcegaGuy
11-12-2010, 10:48 AM
I can just ask him tomorrow, when I see him. But mostly I was just kidding. Who cares if Jeremy Ray and Andrew Olexa like him? Kanye West is big in music and sells more than a lot of other artists, does that mean we hang on his opinion to decide on if something is good?

Trip Se7ens
11-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Kanye is a jerk, he made the love of my life cry. What a jerk.

EscarcegaGuy
11-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Kanye is a jerk, he made the love of my life cry. What a jerk.

For a second I thought this was Facebook and tried to 'like' that statement.

RockStar
11-12-2010, 11:15 AM
I can just ask him tomorrow, when I see him. But mostly I was just kidding. Who cares if Jeremy Ray and Andrew Olexa like him? Kanye West is big in music and sells more than a lot of other artists, does that mean we hang on his opinion to decide on if something is good?

And that's the beautiful thing about UFS: There's a multitude of play-styles for different players. My main point is that its a fallacy to call Reese and his design 'crap' because he doesn't measure up to how amazing Jin Kazama's card is. It's a blanket statement that didn't need to happen in the first place, kidding or not.

Trip Se7ens
11-12-2010, 11:26 AM
That's like saying Hilde is broken! oh...wait a minute....

Hatman
11-12-2010, 12:15 PM
And that's the beautiful thing about UFS: There's a multitude of play-styles for different players.

Except most of them don't work and you have to fall under a particular playstyle to remotely be successful.

Trip Se7ens
11-12-2010, 12:17 PM
You weren't at Nats... we had such a huge range of decks, it was amazing... look at Air Muujjj top 8ing...

RockStar
11-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Except most of them don't work and you have to fall under a particular playstyle to remotely be successful.

If that's your take on the current (competitive) Meta then i have to assume that you've not been playing actual games a lot recently, because that's not the case. That certainly wasn't the case at US Nats either.

Air Temujin did some really quirky things with Combo attacks.

All/Chaos Omar utilized Quick Strike into Shadow Flare (who the heck normally plays this card?!) on his turn, then reversed with Gut Drill and popped A Father's Tragedy (and who uses THIS card?!) to refill his hand on his opponent's turn.

Good Amy siding into Lu Chen even made Top 8, as did a Death Kazuya. No, the play-styles that were represented by some of the most elite and recognizable UFS players were incredibly varied.

Hatman
11-12-2010, 01:07 PM
If that's your take on the current (competitive) Meta then i have to assume that you've not been playing actual games a lot recently, because that's not the case. That certainly wasn't the case at US Nats either.

If by "actual games" you mean if I've attended any major events, then no, but then again, you don't count unless you've been to every event, so I guess I can shut up right about now.

Still, Red Horizon seems slated to change a few things.

SMazzurco
11-12-2010, 01:19 PM
If by "actual games" you mean if I've attended any major events, then no, but then again, you don't count unless you've been to every event, so I guess I can shut up right about now.

Still, Red Horizon seems slated to change a few things.

It's not that you don't count if you don't go to events, it's that if all you do is siit and :):):):):) without any actual exposure to what you are talking about you will be called out on it.

Either have intelligent discussions, or wait till the new set drops and see what happens.

The decks are varied.

The playerbase is awesome.

They're many varied decks right now that work. Thing is it's such a small cardpool that it's still sort of rock paper scissors and the decks that are bad matchups for the decks that have been finishing top have not made it top top...yet.

Do you have any idea how bad 3-attack hilde would of been WRECKED by nina, should the final table of ended up Nina Vs Hilde?

bloodocean
11-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Shadow Flare is awesome! I use it in plenty of decks. So now you have your answer of who uses that card lol. Slightly more relevant... I think standard is a pretty open format at the moment but I can't wait to see more of this set and hopefully be able to play evil again.

Osirius
11-12-2010, 03:03 PM
The cards are looking great so far, Sheeps clothing and Iron will might be going in my kazuya deck :) I'm hoping we see Miska and an asset spoiled next.

RockStar
11-12-2010, 03:15 PM
@ Hatman...I'm not implying that if you're not playing at Major tournaments than you're clueless as to what the Meta is playing right now. I think if you're consistent in playing your local tournaments and are constantly talking tech on the Forums than you're pretty clued-in as to what people are running, and what's winning. It's when people start throwing around ideas about what the cards do when, in fact, they've not played a single recent match that i start doubting the validity of their comments. No doubt, economic times are tough, and traveling to tournaments isn't always affordable. That said, there IS a difference between what will work in local Metas and what will work on a regional or national level.

@ Bloodocean...Shadow Flare is a great card - well worth the 2-check - that not a lot of people are going to play BECAUSE of the "dreaded" 2-check. Most people prefer to run Dragon Lifters as their 2-check-of-choice, or Playful Slice...but those cards cheat! Lol. And, without having seen the entire Set, i think you're gonna love the Evil support coming out in Red Horizon. Just sayin...

Tagrineth
11-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Do you have any idea how bad 3-attack hilde would of been WRECKED by nina, should the final table of ended up Nina Vs Hilde?

Olexa's 3-attack Hilde plowed through hard counters ALL DAY. I doubt Nina would've done any better unless she'd got REALLY lucky with her Form.

SMazzurco
11-12-2010, 03:44 PM
PotE is kind of good. Run throws + treacherous offspring to be sure of that early momentum. Add in some invoking the ancients for hits n giggles.

But yeah, good thing we don't have to worry about that skank anymore (she should of been speed or dmg or at the least max boost of 2x printed)

Edit: I am not saying that if he went up against nina that day he would lose. I am simply saying that IF that deck was in the meta, there could be a "counter deck" that would eat it up, but probably lose to lots of high attack aggro decks (i'm looking at you mitsu)

Hatman
11-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Shadow Flare is awesome! I use it in plenty of decks. So now you have your answer of who uses that card lol. Slightly more relevant... I think standard is a pretty open format at the moment but I can't wait to see more of this set and hopefully be able to play evil again.

Shadow Flare's been used here, but since I'm primarily a Combo player, I don't really use it much. I generally try to sneak it in any deck that can use it, however. It's just so damn good.

Also, Shadow Flare shares zero symbols with Lifter/Slice so anyone not running Shadow Flare because of Lifter/Slice needs their head checked and possibly rattled.

Also, 3 games per week, ever since... September I think. My view may be biased because I've had even less successes in current Standard than with every other Standard format, and knowing my next-to-next-to-last ranking at Can Nats '09, that's telling something.

failed2k
11-13-2010, 11:58 AM
I compared Jin and Reese not because of similarites earlier, but because of what should be OBVIOUS powerlevelm even within the EXISTING support Reese is fantastic. Reese has a holy grail combination of abilities that solves two problems at once(card advantage and progressive difficulty on a kill turn) jin solves a very similar set of problems with his ability(progressive difficulty and damage pump)

With ANY good deck, you need to break it down into what problems your character solves, what problems your attacks will solve and what problems your foundation base will solve. Those "problems" are things like killing people(Do I need lots of attacks(Jin) or can I do it consistantly with few(Zi Mei, Mitsu) which leads to it's own set of problems(making them hit, or playing a overwhelming amount), How do I establish card advantage?How do I handle Progressive Difficulty? What are my tools for surviving? How do I protect my Abilities and kill conditions?

Reese's abilities SOLVE 2 of those problems in a big way, just like Jin's abilities do for him. IS Reese Jin? no. Do they both have "holy grail" double abilities(2 abilities that work beautifully together while solving 2 major hurdles of good deckbuilding), yes.

The worst characters in the game have always had abilities that basically solve no problems(see Cervantes) or solves them very poorly.

Underwhelming blows my mind? Simple, fits much better.

Ken_Masters
11-13-2010, 02:31 PM
failed: I said underwhelming considering how powerful Kaden is and since that was the only other ch we've seen from the set so far. Maybe Reese will be the most broken ch in the set once we see his support, but until then I stand by the fact that he, by himself as a ch, was not overly impressive. The current punches in the block aren't that great and he doesn't share symbols with Blazing Fist which is pretty clutch for the punch deck as is, being a kill condition and what not. His symbol spread is just odd for the theme of his ch. I get All and Air (draw cards and clear the card pool, respectively), but Good? Seems like an odd third symbol. That's just my take on him though.

tannerface
11-13-2010, 02:33 PM
@Jeremy- PROMO T. HAWK http://www.twoheadeddragon.com/ufs/SF3P/scans/SF3P_19_23_T_Hawk.jpg
I still don't know what this character does. I'm pretty certain that when you play it you are supposed to grab your opponent by the face swing them around in the air then smash them in to the ground and proclaim victory.

tannerface
11-13-2010, 02:36 PM
failed: I said underwhelming considering how powerful Kaden is and since that was the only other ch we've seen from the set so far. Maybe Reese will be the most broken ch in the set once we see his support, but until then I stand by the fact that he, by himself as a ch, was not overly impressive. The current punches in the block aren't that great and he doesn't share symbols with Blazing Fist which is pretty clutch for the punch deck as is, being a kill condition and what not. His symbol spread is just odd for the theme of his ch. I get All and Air (draw cards and clear the card pool, respectively), but Good? Seems like an odd third symbol. That's just my take on him though.

Good is probably to represent that he is a good guy. Also in comparison to Kaden I find Reese much more useful. Off his 3 symbols there are at least 10 punches, how many blank attacks are there off Kaden's symbols? Like 2.

marauders1972
11-13-2010, 06:21 PM
I knew Reese would be cool !!! Take that B#tch with big Pom-Poms :)

Ken_Masters
11-13-2010, 10:48 PM
tanner: There are 3 that Kaden can currently run all off evil (lol cause that one extra goes so far, and only 2 of them are worth running). Even still my comparison between the two chs (Reese and Kaden) is just reading the ch cards, not using all the support that might or might not come along with them. It's like if you saw both chs side by side in a trade binder. I feel having the ability to give every attack in your deck powerful 3 and stun 1 (plus breaker 1 if you are blocking) is better than being able to discard cards to clear my card pool and then the ability to maybe draw more cards. Kaden's abilities are always going to happen and I prefer that certainty instead of the maybe effects of Reese.

If Reese was given "Good" to represent he is the hero....ok, but I hope only dead chs get the "Death" symbol from now on. lol (Zombies ftw) I mean how can you kill that which has no life? :D

Shinguyi
11-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Those who have Life and are Dead at the same time. :P

I'm looking at you Rose!

NJBrock22
11-14-2010, 12:12 AM
personally i've always felt that at least TWO Symbols on a character should represent something about that character, the 3rd should be just random thrown on that kinda makes sense and lends towards the playstyle needed for that current set. Hopefully they'll keep the game going that way, lord knows we don't need more Athena with EVIL or Abyss with GOOD...

N.J.

B-Rad
11-14-2010, 12:20 AM

Reese is AMAZING! Were he out right now, off of All he'd have access to Paul's support, with two of the better attacks in the format with Hammer of the Gods and Turn Thruster. You also get all of 'Rugi's support, which turns any attack into a kill card. Yes it sucks that he doesn't get Blazing Fist, but the fact that he gets Hammer and thruster more than make up for that.

Trip Se7ens
11-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Don't worry Brad, I'm sure Ken_Master just plays Fire Astrid, lawls! :P

RockStar
11-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Reese is AMAZING! Were he out right now, off of All he'd have access to Paul's support, with two of the better attacks in the format with Hammer of the Gods and Turn Thruster. You also get all of 'Rugi's support, which turns any attack into a kill card. Yes it sucks that he doesn't get Blazing Fist, but the fact that he gets Hammer and thruster more than make up for that.

Don't forget the Gut Drills!!

Ken_Masters
11-14-2010, 08:53 AM
Ooooooo....too far Trip. Too far. lol. I'm more of a Fire Sophitia kind of guy. :D

Hatman
11-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Blazing Fist would be kind of bad in Reese anyway - removing cards from the card pool means you can't fulfill the combo condition.

Shinguyi
11-14-2010, 09:41 AM
You could discard them after you play the newly-generated Multiple: 2 and during its multiple copies' resolution.

But anyways, we can't so I don't know why we are diving too much into it. ^^;

Loon
11-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Chosen By Soul Calibur and Needs No Ally would both let you play Blazing Fist, to say nothing of the assorted Assets of Power and No One's Ever Gonna Keep You Down

Shinguyi
11-14-2010, 03:48 PM
It could be an interesting approach, play all Foundations, Assets and Actions by his symbols but all the attacks are played by a different resource symbol.

Sounds impossible, but its a very crazy idea that could work.

Starsoulklr
11-14-2010, 09:26 PM
I still want to know the name of the girl in Harnessing Chaos.

Otherwise yeah liking what I see Jasco.

Amaru
11-14-2010, 10:41 PM
His symbol spread is just odd for the theme of his ch. I get All and Air (draw cards and clear the card pool, respectively), but Good? Seems like an odd third symbol. That's just my take on him though.

Maybe because he is a good guy :P. Which raises the question should symbols representing the values and traits of the character, or be an abstract representation of their martial art, or maybe a combination of the two?

Trip Se7ens
11-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Maybe he has damage redux foundations? O_O

HypeMan!
11-15-2010, 12:25 AM
Maybe because he is a good guy :P. Which raises the question should symbols representing the values and traits of the character, or be an abstract representation of their martial art, or maybe a combination of the two?

My opinion is a combination of the two, but balanced for gameplay. But that's an old debate I'd rather avoid.

I still can't wait for Reese, for what ever reason I've just all of a sudden taken a liking to the guy and his card.

Amaru
11-15-2010, 01:13 PM
I still can't wait for Reese, for what ever reason I've just all of a sudden taken a liking to the guy and his card.

Well I guess people here knows how much I :):):):):) about Characters :P, now consider that I actually really likes the design of Reese, I guess it tells something. The character has two qualities that I really want to be more present in this game:
- He is not retardedly complicated (the text is in normal font size :D).
- He has a purposeful and simple Enhance.

And despite this simplicity in the design, I'm sure he will end up doing the craziest :):):):) in the expansion just behind Nehtali! I just wish the second ability was a bit more big, but hey still a good Character!

Trip Se7ens
11-15-2010, 03:23 PM
I still don't know what diayra or morgan do, tbh. Haha.

NJBrock22
11-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Morrigan3
[Death, Good, Water]
6/30
R(X+): Commit 1 foundation: After your opponent resolves a form ability or enhance ability, play that ability as though you controlled it, paying all cost, as though it was on this character. If the ability was played from an action, X equals the difficulty of that action. If not, no check is required.

Dariya
[Air, All, Water]
6/26
F: Commit 1 foundation: Chose 1 card in your opponent's staging area. For the rest of this turn, you may play ANY ability printed on that card as though it were printed on your character(following all restrictions and paying all costs). Only playable once per turn.
R: Commit: After you completely block an attack, place a card face down from your hand into your card pool. That card becomes an exact copy of the blocked attack and gains a resource symbol of your choice. Play that card as a reversal.

there now ya know

N.J.

HypeMan!
11-15-2010, 07:31 PM
And knowing is half the battle?

Trip Se7ens
11-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Knowledge is power!

Shinguyi
11-15-2010, 08:11 PM
Knowledge is power!

Quoting Aslum back at the FFG Forums:

Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil.

aslum
11-15-2010, 08:56 PM

Nice... I think that might be Google's motto or something. (;

Bloodrunstrue
11-16-2010, 01:42 AM

Awesome quote.

Hmm on second thought sheep's clothing is a damn good card if only for its' stats. Reese is still underwhelming IMO. Reese and Kaden are both massive dissappoint too :/

JinKazama
11-16-2010, 06:29 AM

This statement is false. Kind of... It should read Power can corrupt.

I think Reese and Kaiden are kool.
Kaidens kinda useless until his supports out, but I like his mechanic because its something we've never seen a character do before.

jason
11-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks Jin!

I agree that Kaden and Reese seem generic at first glance, but Kaden has an ability that has never been looked at, and that is making blank attacks not useless in every deck (have you ever seen one played in a competitive deck?). Reese has an ability that simply hasn't been present in Standard yet, which allows him to balance out the meta a bit. Not to mention he is tremendously fast.

I have to admit, however, that the other 2 characters (Miska and Lily) are not this straight forward. They both have very good abilities, and once all of the support for each character is out, I can't imagine any of the RH characters not being competitive.

Bare with me BRT. We have spoiled several commons and uncommons which is another reason some of the cards may seem underwhelming. The set design is very support based, and relies heavily on interaction between cards. This is giving us a base for the future, when several new card interactions will be possible that have never seen place in UFS before, and this will also allow people to build their beloved "theme decks".

I hope that explains a bit for now. I will see If I can get a few more spoilers up within the next day or two. What kind of cards would you all like to see?

Also, to address something people have been asking me about; We will not be spoiling the entire set. We will probably spoil a good chunk of it, but we do want there to be cards that you can look forward to in the release when it gets into your hands.

-Jason

rAn
11-16-2010, 09:19 AM
I would like to see Miska and some of her support :) I think it'd be cool if you spoiled a character and all of its support , or maybe some RH promos we haven't seen (if there are any ) The box topper maybe?

Trip Se7ens
11-16-2010, 09:29 AM
I'd like to see some kinda ULTRA COOL ATTACKS OR SOMETHING!!!! :D

RockStar
11-16-2010, 09:52 AM
It might be very cool to see each character's "Finisher" attack! ;)

Ninja's rule
11-16-2010, 10:09 AM
I would like to see Miska and some of her support :) I think it'd be cool if you spoiled a character and all of its support ,

I second this... it would be very cool if we could see Miska and all her support... or more cards with evil on them.

Trip Se7ens
11-16-2010, 10:23 AM
I'd like to see some kinda of Fire support...

SMazzurco
11-16-2010, 10:24 AM

Fire can burn and die in a ...well...fire

Hatman
11-16-2010, 10:30 AM

Go take a look at ShadoWar, SCIV, Tekken and QfS. I hear there's a lot of fire support there.

Ninja's rule
11-16-2010, 10:31 AM
i'd like to see some kinda of fire support...

lol!!!!

HypeMan!
11-16-2010, 11:12 PM
Yeah as much as I like fire, it needs to take a back seat and let some of the other symbols shine in the new sets.

Shinguyi
11-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Jasco mentioned a while back this set won't have any Fire cards, so guess that's a good thing?

Ridley
11-18-2010, 07:46 AM
I wish Iron will was +2 damage instead of +2 speed, the symbols especially wind need damage pump bad.

SMazzurco
11-18-2010, 07:49 AM
traditionally wind is more speed pump than dmg pump.

inb4 "it's air not wind"

also, check out acrobatic if you are not familiar with it

Ridley
11-18-2010, 08:00 AM
With the loss of standoff I think I'd be good. What other foundation air damage pumps are in standard? Ruthless is the only semi playable one that comes to mind.

NJBrock22
11-18-2010, 08:12 AM
Ruthless, but you're restricted to weapon attacks.
Determined to be the Best, attacks of 3D or less, must have face downs in your card pool.
Long Standing rivalry, damage bonus equal to number of cards discarded from card pool.
Loves to Talk, requires non-attacks in card pool.
Trained far and wide, restricted to combo attacks.
Playful, 'flips' an attack.

thats about it for standard, most of the good air damage pumps are back in extended...

N.J.

Shinguyi
11-18-2010, 08:23 AM
The thing is, Air has the best cards overall so far. Playful Slice? Assassin's Secret and Assassin's Strike? Eiserne Drossel? Flexible Body? Quick Exit? Fury of the Ancients? Menuett Dance?

I personally think Air is fine as it is. And Concussion Blast just makes damage bumps not necessary. Concussion Blast + Iron Will = 6 Speed 8 Damage attack on your second turn of the game; almost half of anyone's Vitality.
It has a 2 check? Look at Menuett Dance and Playful Slice. No one stops playing those because of the 2 check.

(Just stating opinions)

Hatman
11-18-2010, 08:43 AM
The thing is, Air has the best cards overall so far. Playful Slice? Assassin's Secret and Assassin's Strike? Eiserne Drossel? Flexible Body? Quick Exit? Fury of the Ancients? Menuett Dance?

I personally think Air is fine as it is. And Concussion Blast just makes damage bumps not necessary. Concussion Blast + Iron Will = 6 Speed 8 Damage attack on your second turn of the game; almost half of anyone's Vitality.
It has a 2 check? Look at Menuett Dance and Playful Slice. No one stops playing those because of the 2 check.

(Just stating opinions)

Yeah because last I checked 8 wasn't half of 26.

Shinguyi
11-18-2010, 08:53 AM
I copy paste... almost half of anyone's Vitality.

Hatman
11-18-2010, 09:04 AM
I copy paste... almost half of anyone's Vitality.

8 isn't "almost" half either.

Shinguyi
11-18-2010, 09:15 AM
5 damage to half. Use Eiserne Drossel with some random attack, makes 10 thanks to the first E, 3 more to go.

Use it against the 7 handers, you put them in turmoil. use it against 6 handers, you lower them to 7 hand Size vitality.

Bloodrunstrue
11-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Bare with me BRT. We have spoiled several commons and uncommons which is another reason some of the cards may seem underwhelming. The set design is very support based, and relies heavily on interaction between cards. This is giving us a base for the future, when several new card interactions will be possible that have never seen place in UFS before, and this will also allow people to build their beloved "theme decks".

-Jason

Oh not at all, the cards previewed are all great in their own way (well except Kaden, but please prove me wrong) I would just like to see more base commons alongside Reese and Kaden's attacks so we can have an idea of what cards we'll see alot and how these characters work. You've done a fantastic job so far.

I've made a thread asking for what the community would like to see if you'd like to refer to that.

Can't wait to build theme decks :)
Cheers
Bloodrunstrue

Ridley
11-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Personally, Dragon's Flame is one of my favorite air kill conditions. I'm not saying the symbol is unplayable; I'd just like more options when building air. Another 2 dmg pump besides Eiserne Drossel would be great.

P.S. Eiserne Drossel is such a solid card, and fury of the ancients deck is mean =( MARK OF THE BEAST BABY!

edit: Concussion Blast is totally smexy though. Especially in legacy.

Amaru
11-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Thanks Jin!

I agree that Kaden and Reese seem generic at first glance, but Kaden has an ability that has never been looked at, and that is making blank attacks not useless in every deck (have you ever seen one played in a competitive deck?). Reese has an ability that simply hasn't been present in Standard yet, which allows him to balance out the meta a bit. Not to mention he is tremendously fast.

I have to admit, however, that the other 2 characters (Miska and Lily) are not this straight forward. They both have very good abilities, and once all of the support for each character is out, I can't imagine any of the RH characters not being competitive.
[...]
-Jason

From what I can see so far, you guys have done a VERY solid job on the designs of those cards. As you said, thanks to Kaden you can be sure that even in the future people will never trash a card because "meh it's a blank attack", Kaden actually add present and long term value to the game, how cool is that?? And from what I see the reactions to most cards, and especially Reese, are overwhelmingly good.

People might know now how much I like to :):):):):) about design, but so far there isn't a single card that I can complain about, which is a good sign :D!

JinKazama
11-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Thanks Jin!

I hope that explains a bit for now. I will see If I can get a few more spoilers up within the next day or two. What kind of cards would you all like to see?

Also, to address something people have been asking me about; We will not be spoiling the entire set. We will probably spoil a good chunk of it, but we do want there to be cards that you can look forward to in the release when it gets into your hands.

-Jason

Personally I'll be happy with more new spoilers any way it goes, but I'd like to know if Lilly has air or death (if that isn't asking too much) what she does isn't that important right now.

Trip Se7ens
11-19-2010, 09:29 AM
Personally I'll be happy with more new spoilers any way it goes, but I'd like to know if Lilly has air or death (if that isn't asking too much) what she does isn't that important right now.

I'll meet you half way and suggest that she might have water... :p but that's just me!

JinKazama
11-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Grrrrrrr
Being funny is for Clowns
jk

Amaru
11-19-2010, 10:17 AM

Wow this sentence is pretty sad in my eyes D:! The symbols she sport are more important then her actual abilities, if all this game end up being is a symbols war (Take the symbol with the most powerful cards, pick any character thats don't suck, wreck faces!~), it's going to be very boring!

JinKazama
11-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Wow this sentence is pretty sad in my eyes D:! The symbols she sport are more important then her actual abilities, if all this game end up being is a symbols war (Take the symbol with the most powerful cards, pick any character thats don't suck, wreck faces!~), it's going to be very boring!

...? Can u read?
I asked what her third symbol was n stated I don't care if she's spoiled. I never said symbols were more important in the game than abilities.

Amaru
11-19-2010, 01:49 PM
...? Can u read?
I asked what her third symbol was n stated I don't care if she's spoiled. I never said symbols were more important in the game than abilities.

You care more about seeing her third symbols than seeing abilities, which is pretty much implying that, and that's something I don't really like in this game. The whole resource thing like naming a deck with a resource, or tiers based on resources, is bad imo but unnavoidable with the system we have.

Shinguyi
11-19-2010, 02:28 PM
You care more about seeing her third symbols than seeing abilities, which is pretty much implying that, and that's something I don't really like in this game. The whole resource thing like naming a deck with a resource, or tiers based on resources, is bad imo but unnavoidable with the system we have.

Er... not true. ^^;
It happens in all games at some point in time and like you said, its unavoidable. Plus, one person could just be more curious about the last symbol of a card than its actual abilities. Based on the cards we've seen so far, we can kind of expect how Lily's play style will be.

dutpotd
11-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Er... not true. ^^;
It happens in all games at some point in time and like you said, its unavoidable. Plus, one person could just be more curious about the last symbol of a card than its actual abilities. Based on the cards we've seen so far, we can kind of expect how Lily's play style will be.

I agree with Amaru, and Lily probably has Fire, I mean she shoots guns right? hehe, kidding. If it makes you feel any better Amaru I care more about characters having 2 symbols so that I can dual/tri appropriately... But yeah, abilities are the most important part of a character, and that thing called handsize!

- dut

Hatman
11-19-2010, 07:32 PM
I agree with Amaru, and Lily probably has Fire, I mean she shoots guns right? hehe, kidding. If it makes you feel any better Amaru I care more about characters having 2 symbols so that I can dual/tri appropriately... But yeah, abilities are the most important part of a character, and that thing called handsize!

- dut
What's sad is that you're right in your silly ways.

Loon
11-20-2010, 03:01 AM
I want to see Lily spoiled because I want to see if her eyes glow on her character card.

JinKazama
11-20-2010, 07:23 AM
Her character card art is on the banner.
(look up)