PDA

View Full Version : Harnessing Chaos Shenanigans

Ken_Masters
11-12-2010, 02:25 PM
I love this card. I mean it's all kinds of broke. Personally I think Xainghua (from Quest of Souls) breaks it the best. Being able to blow up a block every turn for free seems pretty awesome. What's your favorite combo/ way to abuse this card?

The breakdown:

1) Xainghua F, put Harnessing Chaos in your card pool for free
2) Play any life attack (Reborn Slasher for easy combo)
3) Make your opponent play 2 blocks off your first attack (since you have a HC in your card pool)

You can do this every turn until you cycle your deck or some how get the HC removed from your discard pile. It's pretty awesome

tannerface
11-12-2010, 03:08 PM
I like 2 harness in hand along with 2 other attacks. harnessing play big dmg pitch harness play harness play big dmg pitch harness. That's theoretical of course.

bloodocean
11-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Also works with Algol and zhao's combo finishers. Should be a chase rare because it fits in so many decks.

Ken_Masters
11-13-2010, 02:59 PM
tanner: yeah I'm pretty sure anytime you get 2 HC in-hand you're pretty happy. :D

blood: i'm not sure if HC works for Alshain Najm (not sure if it would count toward the being discarded effect), but if it does then that's a good use for it too. HC will definitely be a chase rare, no doubt.

I just need more cards like that in my life...or life deck, either works. lol

rAn
11-13-2010, 03:23 PM
blood: i'm not sure if HC works for Alshain Najml

Nah, it doesn't work with that. Discarded means from the hand unless otherwise specified.

tannerface
11-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Blood means that it fufills the combo requirement as well as give you a way to push Najml through. I find it very nice with HC, alaraph, Najml.

rAn
11-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Gotcha, that makes sense :D

Ken_Masters
11-14-2010, 09:57 AM
So HC and Shredding Vibrato kinda got a thing going on too. Don't know if you heard or not, but I'm not trying to spread rumors.

tannerface
11-14-2010, 09:58 AM
So HC and Shredding Vibrato kinda got a thing going on too. Don't know if you heard or not, but I'm not trying to spread rumors.

Yea that's another very nice interaction.

generalreaction2.0
11-15-2010, 07:35 AM
anyone like HC in an ivy deck? push my howling spirits or raging gnome through.

Shinguyi
11-15-2010, 08:21 AM
With Ivy I think its as Dangerous as Twilight Embrace. Only advantage Ivy has is that she has insane card draw so she is bound to draw into more.

tannerface
11-15-2010, 09:05 AM

Yea that is nice but the problem is if you have to play a second one to your card pool before you get to play your raging gnome.

Shinguyi
11-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Yea that is nice but the problem is if you have to play a second one to your card pool before you get to play your raging gnome.

Be sure its not 2 Harnessing Chaos, since when you do you can't use it.

vaporgecko
11-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Harnessing Chaos + Kyofu = Profit

tannerface
11-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Be sure its not 2 Harnessing Chaos, since when you do you can't use it.

Well if you get stuck with only harnessing chaos to trigger your ability and draw into more attacks then there is not much you can do.

Bloodrunstrue
11-16-2010, 02:42 AM

don't give it away! >.<

Cass
11-16-2010, 09:43 AM
HC will be dangerous with waterfall and Shredding Vibratto... Hilde got banned because she allowed one-shot, grey wall, 4 attacks deck to win... that is exactly what HC is going to bring back... yay...

RockStar
11-16-2010, 09:49 AM
HC will be dangerous with waterfall and Shredding Vibratto... Hilde got banned because she allowed one-shot, grey wall, 4 attacks deck to win... that is exactly what HC is going to bring back... yay...

Really? Maybe because it's early for me, but why do you deduce this to be result of HC being in the format? The best blocks are still on attacks and actions, not foundations and assets, thus more decks are encouraged to run a higher amount of attacks, and will probably keep at least 2 cards with the same block zone in hand once they've seen their opponent's kill condition.

SMazzurco
11-16-2010, 09:56 AM

1. Change Ivy to Xianghau.
2. Profit.

So good in Xianghau you don't even need a "????" step, just go straight to the profit.

RockStar
11-16-2010, 09:58 AM
1. Change Ivy to Xianghau.
2. Profit.

So good in Xianghua you don't even need a "????" step, just go straight to the profit.

This is true. But, Xiangerdoodle's doesn't even need HC to push her attacks through.

SMazzurco
11-16-2010, 10:06 AM
This is true. But, Xiangerdoodle's doesn't even need HC to push her attacks through.

True. But it might as well read. "E: Your opponent discards 1 card with a block. Any anti-discard effect is ignored"

jason
11-16-2010, 10:16 AM
I am going to jump in here for a second, just to let you all know that in our design process, we most definitely looked at 3-4 attack decks as a huge problem in the game. I am sure it will happen now and then, just because people want to say they did it. But unless we missed something huge in development and play test, I can't imagine the game not encouraging more attacks with the release of RH. I think if you play a 4 attack deck in the new meta, you will simply be left behind due to the speed of the game these days.

Hilde was an exception, since she was able to throw 40+ speed and 40+ damage attacks without over extending herself, and her abilities allowed her to play all defensive cards and use them for offense during her turn. That is why she was such an affective 3-4 attack deck.

Harnessing chaos also will have several answers in RH alone. We made sure that most everything has at least a few counter cards to make the game more interactive.

On the flip side, I will also admit that HC is a very good card, and warrants its rarity because of this.

I hope that explains a little :)

-Jason

Shinguyi
11-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Having it at Rare makes it easier to obtain that Templar, for example. At least almost everyone should have a chance to have it in their hands once in their lifetime; hopefully its price doesn't sky rocket like Knight Breaker (which is an Ultra Rare) or how Blood Runs True was (and a freaking Starter Deck Box Topper)...

Ken_Masters
11-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Answers for HC?! NOOOOOOO....I only want to play games that I'm guaranteed the win. (jk) Any chance we could hear/see some of those "answers" as previews? :D

And by HC text alone you would have to be running at least another non-HC attack in your deck to kill with, since two HCs in the card pool make it not so useful. So maybe someone will play an 8 attack deck (HC + 4 non-HC attacks), but certainly not a 4 attack deck.

Trip Se7ens
11-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Y'all really think an 8 attack deck would work with just 2 HC and your kill condition? If that was the case then, yoshi running a 4 attack deck is a huge problem too, amirite? :\

if you can really pump up your attack that strong, most decks are already going to die anyways. I don't see HC being that HUGE of a problem, but I can see it being amazing... block it, maybe breaker? or reversaling will give ppl that run 8 attacks a huge problem, unless they are running damage redux.

SMazzurco
11-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Nina and Wonderworld Warriors love 4 attack decks

ATLDrew
11-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Are people really complaining about a better Gauntlet Bust? You guys know that there is a character... in standard... that does this every turn? And if you guys are worried about 8 attack decks, what specific attacks run the risk of being overly abusable with HC? I just hate that the second we get a new and interesting attack previewed, there is IMMEDIATELY doom and gloom about it being broken. It's an aggressive tool more than anything else.

Shinguyi
11-16-2010, 12:54 PM
We aren't saying its broken ATLDrew... ^^;

Nowhere in the Topic has been mentioned anyone complaining how Harnessing Chaos is broken (unless I missed it). We are just saying how really good it is, is all.

Cass
11-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Not to point to anyone in particular, but for champions that can write but not read :

1- Waterfall
2- Shredding Vibratto

Ken_Masters
11-16-2010, 03:31 PM
I want the record to clearly state....I love HC with all my card gaming heart! Easily my favorite card previewed thus far. I started the topic to see if anyone else had started running over combos/card interactions with this card like I had.

ATLDrew
11-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Not to point to anyone in particular, but for champions that can write but not read :

1- Waterfall
2- Shredding Vibratto

To Mr. Cass and the rest of the boards... LOL. Sorry bout that. I saw talk about 4 attack decks and my rage went through the roof. You guys know I'm from Atlanta... I can't read or write. I've been guessing this whole time.

That being said the card is very strong but, if nothing else, becomes a great tool in aggressive builds. Evil Kaden stands out to me barring his orange cards are playable. Might be the only text having card i play in that particular deck. I think that it might become staple good but at the same time its only rare so i won't be giving out organs trying to find them like I am currently doing with Flexible Bodies.

It's especially saucy at ensuring your Spinning Demons and Menuetts dodge the Mark/Acrobatic bullets.

But I can see the card possibly being issues in other formats (read: legacy in void ensuring stuff like Yoga Roundhouse, Drill Kick, or any of the the other cadre of broken attacks hit your opponent).

But yeah sorry to jump the gun guys. Long day. Being sitting in paper work sessions for about 3 hours straight and I'm kind of drained.

Shinguyi
11-16-2010, 06:52 PM

1- Waterfall
2- Shredding Vibratto

1- Waterfall is near impossible to block anyways, why even attempt to block? Unless you use Law of the Land.
2- Shredding Vibrato now will become a possible chase; gives Tira more reason to be played.

And ATLDrew, I think we can all understand why you were that way, hehe. No apologies needed.

EscarcegaGuy
11-16-2010, 08:38 PM
I think it's broken in Kyofu, not even kidding. Kyofu can win when you hold 4 cards on it's kill turn. Harnessing Chaos just makes it way worse. I would be fine with the card if it didn't have the evil symbol. Just my opinion.

Shinguyi
11-16-2010, 09:23 PM
With Kyoufu its almost like SMazzurco said earlier but worse: E: Opponent sends two block cards from hand to discard pile.

EscarcegaGuy
11-16-2010, 09:28 PM
It could be worse than that. Say they play Harnessing Chaos then they're next attack, pitch out HC, play HC again and then a kill card. I don't like the evil symbol is all. Mostly on Kyofu. I think evil needs this card, but Kyofu doesn't.

ATLDrew
11-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Yeah but Kyoufu is investing cards to do it to you as well so it's not without trade off. For Kyoufu to axe two blocks she must a card and a character ability. It's a REALLY good investment but its not free. But i have no problem with Orange cards that make other Orange cards better.

Shinguyi
11-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Also to take note is that she can do that 4 times max until you cycle, since she has no way of recycling them back. And you'd have to build her by Evil or Void mostly.

At least people might play her more; isn't that a good thing EscarceGuy?

tannerface
11-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Well I think it is a good way for evil to push attacks through, cause lets face it, as it stands evil has pretty much no way to push attacks through at all. Where as many other symbols have speed pumps and stun to get attacks to stick.

Shinguyi
11-17-2010, 08:39 PM
Evil really needs a way to pass them through indeed. There is nothing in Standard that helps Evil be aggressive (and damage bump doesn't count, since what's the point of having a 3 speed and "over 9000!" damage if its easily blocked?).

vaporgecko
11-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Also, it's important to remember that nobody plays Kyofu anyway. I just really like the synergy there.

I will reserve judgement until I see what else is out there. I do really like this card though.

Bloodrunstrue
11-19-2010, 02:30 AM
can't wait to play this in Ivy, To be fair I think dropping raging gnomes and something to 2 to make room for this would be awesome.

Although I'm still wondering who the character is?...