PDA

View Full Version : seal of retribution + mitsurugi

madeofwin
11-13-2010, 02:33 AM
Just checking this one, the R: on seal of retribution (R commit, commit 1 foundation: after your opponent plays an ability that would increase this attack's damage by 3 or more, cancel its effects) cant be used to negate mitsurugi's first form ability as it refers to this attack rather than any attack, so when you play mitsu's form there isn't an attack in the card pool to trigger seal's effect. i'm pretty sure its correct but wanting confirmation just in case.

cheers in advance

NJBrock22
11-13-2010, 04:29 AM
from the way i'm reading the card it's refering to durring an enhance step as that's really the only time it would see an attack recieve a damage pump, and the ability wasn't JUST played when The damage pump from Mitsurugi hits, so if it's an enhance like from Astaroth using his damage pump enhance, yeah i can see this reacting to that, but Mitsurugi or Mist Stance, no. And yes there is no attack in the card pool for it to react to on the triger you're specifying.

N.J.

Shinguyi
11-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Yep, I agree with above. It says "this attack" while there is no attack, so there is no trigger for it to respond to.

Trip Se7ens
11-13-2010, 04:53 PM
I think maybe after an attack enters the card pool and it gets the +3 you can R it.

Shinguyi
11-13-2010, 05:10 PM
I think maybe after an attack enters the card pool and it gets the +3 you can R it.

It would be a floating effect, which he cannot respond to since the trigger for Seal of Retribution is "after your opponent plays an ability that would increase this attack's damage".

Tagrineth
11-14-2010, 03:47 AM
The above is correct.