PDA

View Full Version : Sophita+ Stun= Profit?

B-Rad
11-17-2010, 02:15 AM
Sophitia

Foundations:

Best Friends x4
Hope for One's People x4
Defeated the Rifle x3
The Ultimate Pizza Team x3
Strength Within x4
Unrefined x2
For the Money x4
Financial Troubles x4
Paid to Protect x4
Martial Arts Champ x3

Attacks:

Zi Mei's Wheel Kick x4
Turn Thruster x2
Execution Technique: First Rite x4
Dragon Lifter x4
Hammer of the Gods x2
Nuetron Bomb x4

Actions:

Toughest in the Universe x3

Assets:

Hymen Busta/Jimmy Kimmel x2

Sideboard:

Random Cards x8

So yeah imma stun you, and then with Sophitia make everything I have unblockable, or at least nye close. Both the "kill cards" have built in damage pump, and Toughest in the Universe is funny with it. I may end up dropping MaC for Brooding, but I'm still kinda undecided. Thoughts?

KodiakZero
11-17-2010, 02:19 AM
My friend did almost the same exact thing off Fire; use all stuns and kill em with Turn Thruster. Looks good enough to me :)

JinKazama
11-17-2010, 07:40 AM
I had a similar build also may advice is
switch neutron bomb with the boot
drop execution technique and turn thruster
add another hammer

find some way to add shadowar, its great both offensively and defensively
Hitting people with 9 + damage dragon lifters is so satisfying.

Zues9105
11-17-2010, 08:37 AM
i would suggest shadowar and valkryja's sheild to add more defense

Eithinis
11-17-2010, 11:13 AM
I really like enraged golem in this build; rereadying enraged repeatedly is really dumb

brislove
11-17-2010, 11:20 AM
I really like enraged golem in this build; rereadying enraged repeatedly is really dumb

+1 now make angry constructs!

B-Rad
11-17-2010, 01:58 PM
See I like Enraged Golem/Shadowwar, but I already run a 3 diff foundation in the Pizza Team, so I'm kinda leery.

I defenatly dropped MaC for Brooding, and for obvious reasons my damage output has spiked in solitare games.

The origional build had Das Boot in it, and this build may end up getting it again, but I just can't seem to bring myself to put it in over Nuetron Bomb. It's combo E is just THAT good. I may try it after Sunday mind you, if the deck scrubs out (as most of my standard decks are prone to do it seems).

Thanks for the comments and please keep them coming

B-Rad
11-23-2010, 12:56 PM
So after going through the tourney on Sunday the deck went a total of 6-2 (which really should've been 6-1, but Shajir got lucky and I checked a 3). Anyway I won all three of my matches, two of which against decks that ran either Torn Hero or Perfect Sense, neither of which made a lick of real difference in the end.

Looking back I could never replace Neutron Bomb with The Boot. Bomb's combo is just TOO good if you can push it through. One turn I believe was Wheel Kick, Thruster, Bomb, Lifter, and I managed to do the Lifter with one foundation ready thanks to the combo.

The one card that is currently on the chopping block is Defeated the Rifle. It's stats aren't that great, and since Path of the Master isn't around anymore, I'm not seeing very many assets that need to get blown up. The +1/+2 is nice and all, but a card such as Bear Wrasslin' (which forces my opponent to commit a foundation) or Hungry for Hot Pockets (as Ben so eloquently called Hungry for Battle) could provide potentially better overall damage output.

Thoughts?

ATLDrew
11-24-2010, 12:59 AM

This. Can give you INSANE early stun draws. Stuff like Wheel Kick, Golem a Lifter, Sophie it up, Golem a Neutron, Sophie it up. And cut the Turn Thruster. Dont need 6 2cc. You will hate it. In fact, I would trim down to 18 or even 16 attacks. But nah other than that looks solid. Looks like Fire...

B-Rad
11-24-2010, 01:46 AM
This. Can give you INSANE early stun draws. Stuff like Wheel Kick, Golem a Lifter, Sophie it up, Golem a Neutron, Sophie it up. And cut the Turn Thruster. Dont need 6 2cc. You will hate it. In fact, I would trim down to 18 or even 16 attacks. But nah other than that looks solid. Looks like Fire...

Fire's kinda good I hear. Ok so I cut two Thrusters and a Defeated the Rifle for Enraged then it seems. Eh I get to try it again on Sunday

Eithinis
11-24-2010, 02:08 AM
yeah, i was rocking Wheel Kick/Neutron/Lifter/Hammer of the Gods back in my build, pretty standard. Dropping a turn 1 enraged just meant ridiculous damage coming if i drew kick/lifter, or anything else for that matter.