PDA

View Full Version : adding cards from staging area to the card pool

madeofwin
11-19-2010, 05:53 AM
someone was bound to ask this before long so i may as well be the one to get the ball rolling, blazing storm, sugar and spice and a helping hand all use abilities that add foundations to the card pool from the staging area or discard pile, do they get added to the staging area during the end phase or not?
lu chen's support specifically says they go to the staging area in the end phase, so does the new stuff amount to foundation destruction that bypasses destruction meta or does it work the same way promo amy was ruled to work in that they'll drop into play at turn's end.

cheers in advance

NJBrock22
11-19-2010, 06:04 AM
only if the foundation has an ability that allows it to return to the staging area Musoh Battoh Ryu for Taki as an example(think i got the name right)

OR

if the effect that is adding the card to the card pool allows it to be added back(see Lu Chen and some of his support).

outside of that a Foundation ADDED to the card pool will NOT go to the staging area durring the end phase.

from the AGR:

9.7 Any foundation that was played will be moved to the staging area.

note the key word PLAYED not placed or added, and Played means as a Form for foundations, because Blocks are discarded.

N.J.

Shinguyi
11-19-2010, 06:16 AM
What NJBrock said. Foundations need to be specifically played as foundations to be added to your Staging Area when cleared (which means following restrictions and paying all costs).

9.7 Any foundation that was played will be moved to the staging area.

And as NJBrock stated, adding a card to the card pool is not the same as playing a card.

Tagrineth
11-19-2010, 06:27 AM
Nice use of the AGR guys. :)

Shinguyi
11-19-2010, 06:51 AM
Have to admit, was a bit random and awkward that not long after I made the post the AGR citing it also appeared in NJBrock's post... :P

Fatality! AGR Wins.

madeofwin
11-19-2010, 08:14 AM
fair enough, was just checking as i remember that amy was ruled to work in that way (E Commit: Your opponent's attack gets +2 speed. Either add a [fire], [good], or [order] card with a difficulty less than the attack's printed speed from your hand to your card pool or give all attacks in your hand the reversal keyword until the end of the turn.) as she's worded the same way as these new cards

Shinguyi
11-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Amy works with Assets though or so I was told back at FFG. When you add an asset to the card pool, at the end of the turn it goes down to Staging Area since it doesn't matter when the Asset was played or not (as long as it wasn't as a block).

Don't know if that also changed.

Tagrineth
11-20-2010, 03:06 AM
That particular Amy was designed back with the old STG rules which didn't require that foundations be played to come down.

madeofwin
11-20-2010, 04:18 AM
righto, just wanted to check for a consistent ruling. foundation destruction that ignores destruction meta ahoy!

JinKazama
11-20-2010, 07:24 AM
Get off my lilly tech lol