PDA

View Full Version : Rising Typhoon

Hayamachop
11-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Does a multiple attack count as an attack Rising Typhoon can discard for its own multiple? Or does the multiple become a nil card?

Shinguyi
11-19-2010, 11:34 PM
Yep, it counts as an attack. Rising Typhoon doesn't look at the printed type of the card, so what it sees int he multiple copy is an attack card with a blank text box.

makingsenseofus
12-03-2010, 09:02 PM
can you discard rising typhoon for its own multiple cost? I so far see no reason you can't...

NJBrock22
12-03-2010, 09:06 PM
theoretically ya could, problem though... prove the attack is a multiple of Typhoon...

N.J.

makingsenseofus
12-03-2010, 09:39 PM
its a copy of rising typhoon, I SWEAR!
i'm just sayin, cause if you just played it as its bad self without stuff in front of it, then your opponent DR'ed the crap out of it, you could just flip it over and go NYEAH

Shinguyi
12-03-2010, 10:27 PM
That's actually pretty neat and a legal play.

Tagrineth
12-04-2010, 02:52 AM
If you paid the cost for Rising Typhoon by discarding itself, the attack would immediately abort before the Multiple Enhance would resolve at all. Cost paid -> Attack no longer in card pool during Enhance Step -> Proceed with turn.

Shinguyi
12-04-2010, 01:19 PM
If that's the case when resolving effects, then what of Dead After One Thousand Years? Did the ruling change that the foundation you responded to does not resolve?

Since in the AGR says that the effect becomes independent of the source and all.

SMazzurco
12-05-2010, 06:40 AM
attacks specifically if they are discarded during the ENHANCE phase they stop resolving.

this has nothing to do with foundations, actions, assets, etc

makingsenseofus
12-05-2010, 08:01 AM
aww great sadness for that, well it was worth a shot
Edit: WAIT so lets say they DID DR it down to zero or flex it or something. So the mult just gets discarded from your cardpool instead? Not a bad way of clearing out the cardpool so you can play other attacks...

Shinguyi
12-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Going with what SMazzurco said, the multiple copy you generate won't be generated, so it doesn't touch the card pool if you discarded Rising Typhoon for its cost.

Tagrineth
12-05-2010, 08:24 PM
If that's the case when resolving effects, then what of Dead After One Thousand Years? Did the ruling change that the foundation you responded to does not resolve?

Since in the AGR says that the effect becomes independent of the source and all.

It's a specific case with Attacks. When an attack leaves the card pool during its Enhance Phase, the attack aborts resolution entirely, which means the Enhance that has yet to start resolving has no Enhance Phase within which to resolve anymore.

Shinguyi
12-05-2010, 08:29 PM
It's a specific case with Attacks. When an attack leaves the card pool during its Enhance Phase, the attack aborts resolution entirely, which means the Enhance that has yet to start resolving has no Enhance Phase within which to resolve anymore.

Alright. Guess I missed that in the AGR hehe. Thanks for clarifying Tagrineth.