Dormant for Millions of Years x4
Enslaved x4
Ultimate and Immortal x3
Keep Your Cool x3
Holding Ground x3
Cutting Edge x4
Flames of Fame x3
Rivalry With a Bear x4

Goal of the deck is pretty simple : Faceshiv as fast as possible while hindering your opponent's set-up or hindering his kill turn by forcing him to play a card he may not want to play in that situation.

The two Hallowed Slugs are there to prevent any E/R shenanigans, but I need Asset Removal in this deck more than anything. Any help towards that would be fun.

Arrogance allows you to control the pace of the game at the cost of your life, but if the deck goes off good, it shouldn't even be on the table. The best thing about it is that it's Powerful : 2.

Enslaved is 1/5 for a speed buff of 4 when Ultimate and Immortal is on the table. UaI being what it is, it's almost a kill condition in and of itself.

As I commit a ton of stuff on my attacks, HPB allows for an alternate kill, or a good opener for a UaIed Mega Spike after it, faking out a block on the HPB, and having the Mega Spike get +5 damage from the UaI.

Malicious Intent is simply put a way to cycle through your deck very easily, and flows well with Arrogance. Toss attack, play MI, recycle your hand. End turn with 4-5 cards in hand and your opponent only being able to play one Form.

Cyphonix
06-25-2010, 10:25 PM
I've always wanted to see a build from Alba:. since I believe it is somewhat underrated and I reckon thats a pretty good all-round deck.

NJBrock22
06-26-2010, 12:24 AM
ewwww arrogance lock... hmm if this was legacy... why do i see YWNE in this deck also... ok now my head hurts from thinking about that... Only thing i'd suggest to the deck is either Up a Hallowed Slug of the Heavenly Conqueror to 3 or up Fweem to 4, other than that i can see this deck causing a LOT of headaches.

N.J.

Hatman
06-26-2010, 09:20 AM
ewwww arrogance lock... hmm if this was legacy... why do i see YWNE in this deck also... ok now my head hurts from thinking about that... Only thing i'd suggest to the deck is either Up a Hallowed Slug of the Heavenly Conqueror to 3 or up Fweem to 4, other than that i can see this deck causing a LOT of headaches.

N.J.
I'll test it out someday (meeting up with players is hard), but the attacks are deliberately kept low.

I may also toss out something for Financial Troubles, in order to force another "Either you let me draw or you get rid of your block" situation. Another way would be shuffling the number of foundations. For example, Flames of Fame doesn't seem like a good idea now, but with FT, I could probably use them better.

Hatman
07-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Sorry for the thread rez, but this deck just went 2-1 against an Extended King using PotM-like shenanigans (he didn't have the actual card, and even then he'd only use it in tournaments). First game was a loss due to bad control checks across the board. Second game he was faceshived using Arrogance Attack, and the third was simply overwhelming his defenses with careful application of attacks here and there and Cutting Edge.

Here's a few things of note :
-Hallowed Slug of the Heavenly Conqueror has got to go, it's a great card in an environment where no one has any assets. In Extended, everyone will be playing SoC or something of that nature.

-Few people see Arrogance lock coming, and much less even the reverse YWNE that's on Alba himself. Even so, Keep Your Cool isn't very good in this deck, as it blows itself up and generally, if you can blow it up, you can use Alba's much better effect.

-I may possibly look into Order/Water to get some sort of vitality gain shenanigans. 24 vitality with Arrogance goes away fast.

-Flames of Fame stays in - the first R got me the game in the second round. Keep Your Cool will be replaced by Financial Troubles, as draw engine is always good.