PDA

View Full Version : order of simultaneous effects

Magnusotls
12-24-2010, 01:08 AM
would fire kick trigger http://www.twoheadeddragon.com/ufs/SNK05/scans/094.jpg

before I draw two cards off of tough ash, I mean Terry?

http://www.twoheadeddragon.com/ufs/SNK04/scans/82.jpg

Magnusotls
12-24-2010, 01:38 AM
nd while I am on the subject of cool ash / Terry, If I play multiples of the same terry, do I draw 2 cards plis 2 more cards for each terry I have out?

Vexion
12-24-2010, 01:59 AM
nd while I am on the subject of cool ash / Terry, If I play multiples of the same terry, do I draw 2 cards plis 2 more cards for each terry I have out?

Asked about this one myself, was told that you don't get duplicate effects from the same copy. If it's the same effect but different copy, you get it. Same copy, you don't.

Nubian God
12-24-2010, 07:27 AM
In this case, Fire Kick would trigger first due to Terry drawing his two cards as the End phase "ends"

If they did have the same trigger, however, you'd choose which one resolved first (as they're both floating effects)

Shinguyi
12-24-2010, 10:13 AM
What Nubian God said. Fire Kick draws at End Phase while Terry himself draws when the turn ends.

And what Vexion said. Stacked characters don't get extra effects from the same copy character cards (not name of character but card itself) stacked.

aslum
12-24-2010, 10:29 AM
When multiple effects result from the same trigger the active player decides which order they resolve in. So the Terry player could pick either one to "activate" first. However since Fire Kick sets up an effect that doesn't take place until the end phase, the order they resolve in doesn't really matter.

NJBrock22
12-24-2010, 05:03 PM
someone add that to the starter rules for next set as it was taken out for some odd reason... here's the rule though:

When clearing your card pool, add any character cards that you PLAYED AS FORMS to your staging area from your card pool IF THAT CHARACTER HAS THE SAME NAME AS YOUR STARTING CHARACTER. IF That character is not a duplicate version of your starting character, you gain any resources, no duplicate resources of the added character as well as any other abilities on that character, but your starting hand size and maximum vitality remain the same

that should be in the rules.

N.J.