PDA

View Full Version : @ Jasco Games -I don't need excuses, I need RESULTS-Scout's Plea

SirShajir
01-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Because of the lack of communication and set delays, my playgroup has stopped playing UFS. We were 6-8 players when Jasco Games acquired UFS. And now no one really cares anymore. Now playing the same game with the same cards for over a year has absulotely killed any interest that I and Mike Lowe have created in UFS, here in oshawa. The freindly store manager is questioning us whether, saving tables for us on sunday afternoon is worth it for him, as he could use the tables for other events/games. The effects of these delays has absolutely wrecked this game. Look at the forums, there is a sense of apathy towards this game because No One plays this. Honestly, once again there is a sense of betrayal. I am not someone versed in economics, but the whole christmas season was completely missed by JascoGames, and that is upsetting.

We cannot get people interested in this game, we the game is not progressing moving forward. And we have tried, the players that are interested, lose interest because they know/feel that this game is dead. It is currently the tournament season, and there are no tournaments, no ptq's, regionals. We would normally developing new decks and tech for decks during this time two years ago.

I am going to be brutally honest here; I don't care for excuses, I only care about results. It is very unrealistic that we the customers should have to wait months for new product after the street date. And the results can clearly be seen. The only players that are sticking around are players that have already won a major event (and have cool character cards etc.) and a few die hards, but that is not enough to keep this game going. My playgroup has not brought up or even spoken about UFS in over a month.

The question I have to pose to you guys is where do you realistically see this game in a by March 2011? or December 2011? Are we going to be in the same situation? I WAS looking into arranging Canadian Nationals, but I am not sure if I should bother. How many players are going to attend Canadian Nationals realistically? maybe 15-20 people. I can tell you already who would attend. Maybe 4-6 players from my playgroup, 3-4 players from montreal, 2-3 from rochester, 1 from calgary (poor guy lost his cards too). No one from NY NY is going to show up, they never do. The michigan playgroup might make an effort with 3-4 players potentially. Is UFS house even playing this game still? I am currently counting 20 players, and that is me being optimistic.

Feeling disgusted the way things are being handled...

Shajir Islamuddin

Magnusotls
01-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Maybe you should pull a Tader instead of complaining? He single handedly revived the game in my area. Besides, It is unreasonable to expect special results during this transition period, this thread might be necessary after the second or 3rd set releases.

NJBrock22
01-05-2011, 05:37 PM
yeah i've talked to Sean myself, it's area by area when it comes to actually GETTING people to play a game, once players get a sour taste in their mouth about a game good luck getting them back in, now to shajir... think of it this way and EXPLAIN THIS TO YOUR PLAY GROUP, it was announced that they got well screwed over by the printers getting backed up and they had been designing the set for a while trying to ballance it all out before this so yes it will take a while but it will be worth it once the set drops, tell everyone NOT to panic, if the set somehow does not drop by first week of February THEN you can start panicing... yeah i know it's probably gonna fall on deaf ears with your playgroup and your store owner (been there done that with mine to the point where my store owner told me OK if they show up you get a table but you only get ONE table) but you know how that goes... just keep at them and if you have to try to get newer players SLOWLY introduced into the game...

N.J.

jason
01-05-2011, 06:42 PM
We completely understand your concerns and frustrations Shajir. We are just as frustrated as you are. We were expecting UFS to be back on the shelves months ago, but after months of work, and a large chunk of money, we were able to bring UFS to GenCon with promo's, and also host Nationals. While we have been waiting for Red Horizon set 1 to be released, we have been working hard on set 2 as well as up to 5 new licenses. At this point, we are doing our best to get the cards to our warehouse as soon as possible. Please understand that this is our first release, and we have had to deal with several speed bumps from art and our printer. There are only a hand full of printers in the world that work on projects like collectible card games, and we have had to work with our printer to make sure we do release a great quality product. There have been delays on their end, as well as a few quality problems, that we had to delay for. Unless they give us another false arrival date, we should have the shipment for set 15 in about 2 weeks.

I hope everyone understands the work and dedication it takes for us to bring UFS back to our beloved players, and we assure you things will only get better. We have seen the new card samples, and know they are an their way, so hopefully things pick back up in your area once your shipment finally arrives to your store and in your hands.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns, we would love to talk to you about the whole situation.

Sincerely,

-Jason

bloodocean
01-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Rochester, NY is the same way. I canceled the boxes of product I had pre-ordered because I couldn't justify tieing my money up any longer.We might start playing again if/when this set comes out, but most of us are apathetic. I wouldn't expect any of us to bother driving to major tournys. But on a positive note it is good to know that set 2 is in the works.

Sketch
01-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Atlanta's still hype for it. Just saying.

ATLPiglet
01-05-2011, 08:22 PM
ATL is ALWAYS HYPE!!!!!!

Hatman
01-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Whoa whoa whoa man.

We can field FIVE people.

But yah the set is being sorely missed. I get that it's out of your hands, but you gotta admit it's kind of hard to get stores interested without an actual update to the product to put on the shelves.

Trip Se7ens
01-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Trust us, we know and hear a lot more than you think we do.

Hatman
01-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Trust us, we know and hear a lot more than you think we do.

I wouldn't have worded it this way, but this.

Seriously though, quality issues? Did they really :):):):) up the printing that bad? Just asking, mind you.

ATLDrew
01-05-2011, 09:30 PM
yeah i've talked to Sean myself, it's area by area when it comes to actually GETTING people to play a game, once players get a sour taste in their mouth about a game good luck getting them back in, now to shajir... think of it this way and EXPLAIN THIS TO YOUR PLAY GROUP, it was announced that they got well screwed over by the printers getting backed up and they had been designing the set for a while trying to ballance it all out before this so yes it will take a while but it will be worth it once the set drops, tell everyone NOT to panic, if the set somehow does not drop by first week of February THEN you can start panicing... yeah i know it's probably gonna fall on deaf ears with your playgroup and your store owner (been there done that with mine to the point where my store owner told me OK if they show up you get a table but you only get ONE table) but you know how that goes... just keep at them and if you have to try to get newer players SLOWLY introduced into the game...

N.J.

Shajir has every reason to be upset. We have been told to wait for a long time and I know for a fact that Shajir and the Oshawa guys have been trying VERY hard to get their community rebuit. The delays, while definitely not Jason and friend's fault, are still delays. And it's very hard to put faith in a game that has already died twice. What Sean, Omar, the new pocket groups in Maine and Washington, and even our group in ATL are doing is great. We have new players that are just coming back and seeing the game has another chance. But I can understand Shajir's concern. We need a new format. Stagnation drives players away. Period. And it sucks that this is happening to a strong playgroup like Oshawa. But aside from reassuring them that the set is coming, there really isn't a lot that we can do.

@Shajir- It's just a little bit longer. When the new product does go live, I guarantee you things will change. RH is shaping up to be very strong, very interesting, and most importantly, very fun. We have like 2 or 3 people on the fence until RH arrives. But when it does finally ship, I guarantee your shop owner and players will buy back in.

HypeMan!
01-05-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say the last Tennesseans are still pulling for y'all Jason. ATL can bring the hype and TN will bring the pasta. All I can say is keep playing and even let players proxy with the spoilers. Throw new spins on tournaments, there's a few different formats in UFS to pick from anything from a mainly aesthetic choice like Lady's Night or Highlander to the new Team of 3 decks. I've had my box of RH preordered since GenCon and I'll admit we've lost momentum to capitalize on, but advertising disappointment on the forums isn't the way to go about it. I get on the forums daily just to see what the activity is like because let's face it, this game is hella fun. I keep hope just because I know there's no way to speed up production unless I start printing cards myself.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, at this point the only place to complain is the printer. If they've got a forum, that's the place to hound them and complain about where RH is, not here.

ATLDrew
01-05-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say the last Tennesseans are still pulling for y'all dude. ATL can bring the hype and TN will bring the pasta. All I can say is keep playing and even let players proxy with the spoilers. Throw new spins on tournaments, there's a few different formats in UFS to pick from anything from a mainly aesthetic choice like Lady's Night or Highlander to the new Team of 3 decks. I've had my box of RH preordered since GenCon and I'll admit we've lost momentum to capitalize on, but advertising disappointment on the forums isn't the way to go about it. I get on the forums daily just to see what the activity is like because let's face it, this game is hella fun. I keep hope just because I know there's no way to speed up production unless I start printing cards myself.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, at this point the only place to complain is the printer. If they've got a forum, that's the place to hound them and complain about where RH is, not here.

Hey Thomas, who up in TN is still playing?

Hatman
01-05-2011, 09:38 PM

A) We do not know who the printers are.

B) They probably wouldn't take complaints from a third party.

C) Apparently we're not the only ones affected by this, though I'd double-check that info because they may have forgotten about us.

HypeMan!
01-05-2011, 09:46 PM
A) We do not know who the printers are.

B) They probably wouldn't take complaints from a third party.

C) Apparently we're not the only ones affected by this, though I'd double-check that info because they may have forgotten about us.

A) Yep.
B) Probably not.
C) I think I heard Bandai was getting effected but that could be completely wrong.

Hey Thomas, who up in TN is still playing?

Me, kinda, to many cards to bring them down for the holidays since I was going to be busy. I assume Scott and gang that way are still up and running.
I've been trying to drum up interest in the game club at school up in Ohio but they all just cube Magic. Though they did say if I get a cube or something they'd play, just don't want to sink money into another game though they liked playing the Ragnar and Zi-Mei demo decks I built.

Trip Se7ens
01-05-2011, 10:02 PM
I wouldn't have worded it this way, but this.

Seriously though, quality issues? Did they really :):):):) up the printing that bad? Just asking, mind you.

Well, quality is all up to opinion, on our end, everything was miscut and misprinted, the borders incorrect, some cards were significantly larger AND smaller than each other, which would've been fine if it would've just been one or the other, but it was grossly misprinted and overall, none of us were happy putting out our first product with such poor qualities. That would've been completely awful.

Hatman
01-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Well, quality is all up to opinion, on our end, everything was miscut and misprinted, the borders incorrect, some cards were significantly larger AND smaller than each other, which would've been fine if it would've just been one or the other, but it was grossly misprinted and overall, none of us were happy putting out our first product with such poor qualities. That would've been completely awful.
Yah, I can see why. If the work's that sloppy, I can get why you didn't want that to make it into the packs. Now, if you were designing an absurd, surreal card game that would be more of a piece of art than an actual game, maybe.

tannerface
01-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Stagnation has set in, in michigan as well. However this does not mean that everything here will go back to full swing once RH is in our hands. I am personally looking forward to the PTC where I will own all you chumps with my awesome orderness.

Birch
01-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Stagnation has set in, in michigan as well. However this does not mean that everything here will go back to full swing once RH is in our hands. I am personally looking forward to the PTC where I will own all you chumps with my awesome orderness.

False. Ill shall be victorious.... Assuming It ever happens

NJBrock22
01-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Me, kinda, to many cards to bring them down for the holidays since I was going to be busy. I assume Scott and gang that way are still up and running.
I've been trying to drum up interest in the game club at school up in Ohio but they all just cube Magic. Though they did say if I get a cube or something they'd play, just don't want to sink money into another game though they liked playing the Ragnar and Zi-Mei demo decks I built.

ya forgot me and Cookeville Corp II(well whats left of it)

also screw bringing the Pasta i'll bring some nice Cajun cooking... or at least i'll try to... ... ... ok i'll make pizza.

also as soon as i get a job and my car back working gonna see if i can get the old Somerset-Lexington, KY playgroup back up and running in some form or fashion.

N.J.

HypeMan!
01-06-2011, 12:34 AM
I can fry chicken :D or you bring the pizza I'll bring the beer lol. Man we need another TN regional, Scott nearly got me thrown out of MTAC <_< or arrested for drinking in public :D

DabalRowRaizah
01-06-2011, 12:41 AM
http://www.compensationmanagement.com/uploaded_images/large-salt-pile-792875.jpg

Link
01-06-2011, 12:48 AM
^^^^^ What he said! but yeah we arent stopping, just taking a break til the new set drops. We tried a bit for a while but just usually end up playing a game or 2 and chilling for a bit. So we decided (kind of a silent mutual agreement) that we'll just wait, besides I dont know about some of my fellow players but i have -$ atm so the delay doesnt hurt me personally much.

Shinji Mimura
01-06-2011, 02:14 AM
I don't think this guy has any right to complain. My city stopped playing around the time of SNK and Flash of the Blades, and the few friends I have that like the game don't collect, and only attend pre-releases. I've only bought a few packs of Tekken and the latest SCIV pack, and I can't really find anyone else selling, so the two legal decks I own are really, really beginner.

I don't complain. :):):):), I love this game, despite having no playgroup.

Hold your horses. Weren't you there for Higher Calibur Ibuki? Chain Throw? To the Bone? Hugo? Addes Syndicate?

The list goes on and on.

I was there through it all, repeatedly letting my vagina bleed on the forums, but I still played.

Real talk, take your buckets of salt and a bottle of Johnson and Johnson's No Tear Baby Shampoo, and just relax.

I know you're a scout and you deal with a pessimistic store owner, I understand. But really, if you guys enjoy the game, delays shouldn't ruin that enjoyment. What else are you going to do? Drop this game for Magic?

michel3105
01-06-2011, 03:34 AM
everything was miscut and misprinted, the borders incorrect, some cards were significantly larger AND smaller than each other

Depressing...

But THIS is the problem with third party suppliers: they are handy, cut costs, and they are often needed, because, for example, few card games editors can afford to directly buy a printing facility... And the suppliers know it, and they can afford to behave unprofessionally.

Honestly, if I was Jason I would have given up everything already, so congratulations to the guys at Jasco for their commitment!

RockStar
01-06-2011, 05:07 AM
Depressing...

Honestly, if I was Jason I would have given up everything already, so congratulations to the guys at Jasco for their commitment!

This. Because the reality is that UFS, against all odds, isn't just a fan-supported-only game, but has an actual parent company that is doing its best to keep this game alive and relevant. The frustration and ire expressed by the OP is shared by many of us, and it shows just how passionate we are about this amazing game.

I would advise to please try and temper your passion with some patience, and to pass that advice along to your playgroup. As a Scout, you should lead by example. Red Horizon looks to be absolutely ground breaking for UFS, and i'm convinced that it will be well worth the wait!!

Cheers,
RockStar

dutpotd
01-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Shajir's post is understandable, delays are frustrating, delays are a part of life, and life can be frustrating at times. The result is the OP.

I understand that it is particularly frustrating that delays have occured concurrent to attempts to revitalize a player base that is coming back mostly due to the promise of new cards. Not that the old cards are bad, but everything gets 'found out', and you can't play the same game forever if there isn't some sort of incentive for constant innovation - which is what a growing card pool brings.

To answer your post I'd put it this way:

Could things have been managed better to avoid delays? - maybe.

Has Jasco communciated during the process and been as open as is reasonable about delays? - yes.

Are excuses being made? - no, reasons are being given. Reasons that could 'maybe' have been avoided.

The long and the short of it is that Jasco is learning the ropes of the collectible card game production/distribution/player-management systems and some of this learning process is conflicting with our 'expectations' that have been derived from years of playing card games that are managed by Companies that learnt the same ropes years ago.

Patience is a virtue, and in this case patience is our only choice.

I hope you find it in you to attempt 'again' (yes I know this is where the frustration comes from most), and put in the effort a Scout does, to revive your playgroup around the game once the new cards are released. I know I will, and I am selfish in my hope that you do too - namely, because I look forward to travelling to Oshawa, and other places, again in 2011 and beyond to play cards with friends, challenge myself against new and potential new friends, and generally soak up a community that is passionate and sincere about a unique card game that has captured my attention and heart these last couple years.

- dut

JinKazama
01-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Sooo how about some new character promos for prize support?
Its not necessarily just the set release being pushed back its the lack of characters to keep the format interesting.
Im sure alot of people would attend store tourneys just to pick up new characters.

Hatman
01-06-2011, 11:43 AM
The long and the short of it is that Jasco is learning the ropes of the collectible card game production/distribution/player-management systems and some of this learning process is conflicting with our 'expectations' that have been derived from years of playing card games that are managed by Companies that learnt the same ropes years ago.

Just going to correct you here. STG and FFG, while companies that have had extensive gaming publishing experience, never had managed a collectible card game that remotely approached the success of UFS back in the STG days. The two most popular games prior to UFS STG had were Warcry and Dark Millenium, which never exactly becamse as popular as UFS was at one point, and while FFG handled various gaming properties, they only distributed two games with a CCG model - Kingdom Hearts and UFS. Needless to say, the CCG model is vastly different from the LCG model, board game model, etc. Which is why, when they announced they wouldn't be distributing UFS/Kingdom Hearts, they announced dropping out of the CCG business completely.

While I don't want to sell short the tremendous effort Jasco has made from making a switch from a storefront to a publisher, we shouldn't exactly give more credit than credit's due to the first two companies that handled the game. They all made mistakes.

Rest of the post is mighty fine. We'll probably put in more effort once the set hits, because we can then point to the new product and say : "See, it's not dead! There's new product out now!"

SirShajir
01-06-2011, 11:57 AM
@ shinji mimura
I don't voice my opinions because I wanna :):):):):) and complain you tard, I voice my opinion because I WANT this game to SUCCEED. And I'm letting Jasco Games know that they need to get thier act together SOON otherwise this whole thing will go flop AGAIN. It has happened before, and I do not want it again. I could be complacent and UNDERSTANDING, and suck it up, but I feel such actions would be bad for the game, because being understanding and not saying doesn't get cards into my hands and my players' hands.

Someone needs to state the truth and not sugar coat it, and unfortunately for Jason and his crew, they are financially tied into game. And in my own way I am helping them, as they are great people who work hard; and they should see the fruits of thier labours. If this goes down, there is a real chance that they lose thier jobs and possible a whole lot more. If I didn't care, I would honestly not say anything and just let this game die. Maybe that's what happened in your city, I noticed that you said that no one plays, I don't know why that is, no interest? no venue, I don't know, but I don't want that to happen in Oshawa Ontario, Montreal Quebec, Calgary, Rochester, Altanta and whole bunch of other places there are people who want to play ufs, have the funds to play ufs, but are bored cause we are playing the same format for x months, and have to deal with excuses/reasons for a long while.

Maybe you are happying playing with yourself by yourself in your room, but I am not. I don't want to go play magic, or play yu-gi-oh/pokemon or what ever game pedophiles play now a days, I want to play UNIVERSAL FIGHTING SYSTEM, I want to start travelling again, and meeting up with the awesome people of this community. I want to have drunken night in Montreals, or go the rochester and have thier garbage plates (or what ever they call em), I want to play legacy against scott gaines and drew and laugh about how overpowered the format is, I want to go to NY and rape Omar (no homo), I want to play against Olexa, Herr, Khols, Tanner, Bitnner and all the other top notch UFS players and beat them. My memories of UFS are positive, and I do not want it to just die away because of "F"ing printing issues.

Grizzlegrom
01-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Its not necessarily just the set release being pushed back its the lack of characters to keep the format interesting.
Im sure alot of people would attend store tourneys just to pick up new characters.

Either characters or some new types of prize support when the prize support is almost all characters that you only need one of that doesn't really help getting cards out people need like devil within, heir to the storm and even power of the edge/mark of the beast etc even if one or two are put into the prize support that's better than nothing

Hatman
01-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Either characters or some new types of prize support when the prize support is almost all characters that you only need one of that doesn't really help getting cards out people need like devil within, heir to the storm and even power of the edge/mark of the beast etc even if one or two are put into the prize support that's better than nothing

Back in the day, there was a TON of prize support characters to collect, so that could tide you over (and back in the day I nean after the second set of promos, which were the foil versions of starter deck characters) for a while, as you tended to only get a single one.

Thing is, I'd only do something like that once in a while, perhaps after a massive storyline shift.

Patorobok
01-06-2011, 01:17 PM
in Chile continue to enjoy legacy, including leagues and have created new formats. We are very happy and discussed each new spoiler. =)

JASCOGAMES Rulz!

Shinji Mimura
01-06-2011, 03:51 PM
And I'm letting Jasco Games know that they need to get thier act together SOON otherwise this whole thing will go flop AGAIN.

Someone needs to state the truth and not sugar coat it

Besides the fact that everything I didn't quote made you sound like a jerk, this post isn't getting anybody anywhere.

Surely Jason has hard these exact complaints from a LOT of people. You're not the first, and the message Jason gave you is likely the same he has given everybody else.

A lot of people thought this game would die because it wasn't marketed heavily like the others. A lot thought it would die due to long-standing, valid reasons, like the cards that I mentioned in my post.

However, despite all the gloom and doom and all the pessimism, we have survived two company transfers, SEVERAL seasons of broken cards (I know I wasn't the only one at Worlds 2009), and a whole list of other problems that we as avid fans have overlooked.

Nobody's saying your concerns aren't valid, rather, I'm pretty sure most everybody shares the same sentiment. We're tired of delays, excuses, and only some spoilers to make up for it. However, Jason knows what he's doing, and while I'm sure he'd love to share all the good news about where this game is heading, be it new licenses (of which he revealed he's talking to like, 5 companies), new tournaments, new playstyles, etc, he is bound by contract (and by generic business intelligence) to not say anything until the proper time.

So while you feel compelled to call me a tard, understand I'm not trying to bash you or even sandbag you. I'm just saying this thread was pointless, and while there isn't activity on the forum, that doesn't mean it's time to grab the pitchforks. There isn't discussion because, beyond spoilers, there's nothing to discuss. Period. Once Red Horizon comes out, watch this forum explode.

Until then, eat a chill pill, and stop leaking NaCl.

Hatman
01-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Maybe you are happying playing with yourself by yourself in your room, but I am not. I don't want to go play magic, or play yu-gi-oh/pokemon or what ever game pedophiles play now a days, I want to play UNIVERSAL FIGHTING SYSTEM, I want to start travelling again, and meeting up with the awesome people of this community. I want to have drunken night in Montreals, or go the rochester and have thier garbage plates (or what ever they call em), I want to play legacy against scott gaines and drew and laugh about how overpowered the format is, I want to go to NY and rape Omar (no homo), I want to play against Olexa, Herr, Khols, Tanner, Bitnner and all the other top notch UFS players and beat them. My memories of UFS are positive, and I do not want it to just die away because of "F"ing printing issues.
I think this is probably the most manly paragraph ever written on a UFS forum. Bar none.

ATLDrew
01-06-2011, 04:50 PM

New characters ARE on the way guys... it's just Jasco can't distribute them because they haven't been printed. The problem isn't that Jasco is not releasing new characters, it's that they are having a delay with the printers. It's just a rough position because we can't tide people over with new cards not because the cards are not designed, but because it is taking longer to PHYSICALLY make the cards.

ATLDrew
01-06-2011, 04:53 PM
ya forgot me and Cookeville Corp II(well whats left of it)

also screw bringing the Pasta i'll bring some nice Cajun cooking... or at least i'll try to... ... ... ok i'll make pizza.

also as soon as i get a job and my car back working gonna see if i can get the old Somerset-Lexington, KY playgroup back up and running in some form or fashion.

N.J.

You going to come to our PTC?

And if you bring good gumbo I will waive your entry fee. Real talk. Has to be good though

PaulBittner
01-06-2011, 05:07 PM
I want to play against Olexa, Herr, Khols, Tanner, Bitnner and all the other top notch UFS players and beat them. .

Keep dreaming Shajir...

As for the rest your post, you're right to be upset and frustrated. We all certainly are and as Jason said he is likely the most so.

Personally as this is Jascos first set I'm willing to forgive and patiently wait for RH to come out. I understand it sucks to keep being delayed and that this feels a lot like the abusive relationship we had with FFG, but then I try to remind myself that before Jasco bought UFS I was dead and we'd never see new cards. So i'd rather have hope than nothing at all.

Second, I try to keep in mind that the cards are finished and it's definately happening, it's just a matter of when.

As I said above, I'm willing to forgive this time because of the circumstances. If the next set gets delayed too then I'll start really having to re-evaluate. I'm hopeful that after all this the one good thing that will come is that the following sets will be on time and that Jasco and his crew may even get some sets finished in advance of deadlines in the future to have product waiting. Now wouldn't that be something?!

SirShajir
01-06-2011, 05:39 PM
@ Bittner
You always need to believe in yourself, you have to set high standards otherwise you are wasting your time, I always aim to get a character card.
I haven't played you yet, but If I remember correctly, I'm 1-2 vs Olexa (he did have that OP hilde deck...), 0-0-1 vs Khols, 0-1-1 vs Herr and 0-0-1 vs Tanner. which ain't that bad if I say so myself. If I remember correctly, I did sent Mark Ayellete back to england without a canadian nationals trophy/character card, so the possiblilities are still there, and Mike, Keith and I are pretty sure that we could have beat you guys had we won that die roll during the Foxhound vs UFS House finals at US Nats 09'. I know we all get our good days, and our bad days, I'm sure mine will pop up one of these days. You can't fault a guy for trying or at least "dreaming"

I know the guys are doing what they can, but it does remind me of the FFG days, which I didn't really appreciate in hindsight.

@Shinji Mimura, I guess you never got the message in the 2 years we have been disagreeing, but I am not a fan of sugar coating things, and if it makes me sound like a jerk, then so be it.

@Hatman, dam straight that's a manly paragraph

bloodocean
01-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Hell ya Garbage Plates. That is all I have to contribute at this time :)

brislove
01-07-2011, 12:23 AM
I try to stay positive. I'm still trying, but honestly even i'm getting pretty down on the situation. I have 18 boxes on order (for my store), that entire order might have to go away, I am not certain I won't be throwing away money if purchase them.

The next magic set releases the first week of feb, we honestly MUST have product before, if it's after that I'll have to cut back a lot, a new magic set before RH will just eat the rest of my players money, I honestly won't be able to sell anything. I'm not complaining, I frustrated, we all are, but this is business I can't afford to buy something I can't sell. this has to happen this time.

Rider kick
01-07-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say the last Tennesseans are still pulling for y'all Jason. ATL can bring the hype and TN will bring the pasta. All I can say is keep playing and even let players proxy with the spoilers. Throw new spins on tournaments, there's a few different formats in UFS to pick from anything from a mainly aesthetic choice like Lady's Night or Highlander to the new Team of 3 decks. I've had my box of RH preordered since GenCon and I'll admit we've lost momentum to capitalize on, but advertising disappointment on the forums isn't the way to go about it. I get on the forums daily just to see what the activity is like because let's face it, this game is hella fun. I keep hope just because I know there's no way to speed up production unless I start printing cards myself.

I think we're the only two really left hal, I know scott will throw down in legacy. But as for extended and Standard I don't know of anyone else. And Now i have to rethink how to get RH, because it's now after the holiday season and all my extra money is gone.

dwolf52000
01-07-2011, 01:06 PM
I believe this discussion is truly unfair to Jasco.

This situation is akin to any project that relies on multiple people to complete.

Let's say I am developing a piece of software that includes back-end code, a front-end GUI, and physical packaging (box + dvd).

I get my back-end code complete on schedule. Yet the people developing the GUI are late. I could keep in contact with the developers and try to anticipate the delays. However on a first project for my company, I would give more slack than normal, because it could be hard to find developers willing to work for someone who is new to the industry. The end result is a delay that still puts the release before Christmas. Disappointing, but not too bad. If I had a knack at GUI design, then maybe I could have sped up the process --> similar to the artist delay

Before I can get the product on the shelves, I need the packaging done and there are few printing companies that are setup to do so. So I choose one who gives me a date as to when it will be in my warehouse. Unfortunately as I try to confirm the delivery date, no one answers the phone. Then close to my ship date, I get a call saying that there was a problem and my product cannot be in my warehouse on time. The next completion date is unknown and I would prefer not to speculate. Another disappointment, but if I had to machines and raw materials to create my own packaging, then maybe I could have avoided this delay.

It is completely unrealistic to believe that every part of this process is totally under Jasco's control. When you need to rely on other people to get their work done, sometimes there are going to be disappointments. Not everyone is reliable.

If you have ever done a team project in college, you will understand where I come from. As a TA for a database programming class, I had a number of people come up to me to make sure that they did not get docked because some person on their team was dropping the ball. I assured them I would keep that in mind, since I had been in their position several times myself.

Grade Jasco on what they produce. The quality of cards and support for the game. Do not ding them on the failings of third party companies. At least Jasco has been upfront with us about the delays and what has caused them. This is a far cry from FFG. Remember the new set, the sale, and the immediate cease of development?

From the bellyaching on the forum, it seems like I should have punished all the students the same, because of the failing of one or two members of the team.

I am disappointed that the new set isn't out. But I also realize that I have liked what I have seen so far and am willing to give it a go when it comes out. I can be patient and wish others could be as well.

Hatman
01-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Eh, not worth it.

dwolf52000
01-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Eh, not worth it.

Hmm - quite enigmatic

Trip Se7ens
01-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Hmm - quite enigmatic

Quite. blah blah blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tannerface
01-07-2011, 02:36 PM
@ shinji mimura
I want to play against Olexa, Herr, Khols, Tanner, Bitnner and all the other top notch UFS players and beat them.

I will have to make sure this dream keeps going for you if you know what I mean. HAHAHAHA(maniacal laughter;)

Hatman
01-07-2011, 03:10 PM
I will have to make sure this dream keeps going for you if you know what I mean. HAHAHAHA(maniacal laughter;)
I managed to beat Lowe with a trash deck, once.

If I can manage that, ANYTHING can happen. Watch your back.

HypeMan!
01-07-2011, 03:33 PM
I think we're the only two really left hal, I know scott will throw down in legacy. But as for extended and Standard I don't know of anyone else. And Now i have to rethink how to get RH, because it's now after the holiday season and all my extra money is gone.

I just let my money be tied up in the one box since GenCon and by now I've budgeted it out and around it. Past that though I don't know.

I'm really hoping to be able to crack the box open for my game club and make them a little more interested in standard but if nothing else I'm putting together a cube for them.

ATLDrew
01-07-2011, 04:35 PM
I managed to beat Lowe with a trash deck, once.

If I can manage that, ANYTHING can happen. Watch your back.

Dude... Mike is terrible. Like not just bad. Like, diarrhea bad. Like really bad fart bad. Like strep throat bad. Like used cat litter bad.

Trip Se7ens
01-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Dude... Mike is terrible. Like not just bad. Like, diarrhea bad. Like really bad fart bad. Like strep throat bad. Like used cat litter bad.

that is some haterade right there, lol.

Hatman
01-07-2011, 06:54 PM

Is he REMY terrible? Because that's what happened.

Also, you seem to think that Hatman is actually a decent player and thus should consider Mike trash. One thing you seem to forget is that Hatman is :):):):)ing terrible at UFS.

ATLDrew
01-07-2011, 09:03 PM
You don't understand. Mike and I are forming a super team of UFS players. Team Terrible Scrubs That Sacked Into Cardboard. Copyrighted.

NJBrock22
01-07-2011, 09:45 PM
drew i'd love to be able to come down there... one huge problem... i'm only up to date thru tekken on cards... and well 2, no car/job... so yeah probably aint gonna happen.

N.J.

Link
01-07-2011, 10:07 PM
I learned a grand lesson the day I lost to Hatman's Remy... dont try to call his bluffs... they are NOT bluffs he WILL rape your board.

Also Drew... I dont think im THAT bad. I mean your only ALMOST that bad and im sure im 1 step above you :P And that team sounds like the greatest thing ever, but who would the 3rd? Scott Gaines's soundboard/Bag of Salt doesnt have Cardboard and i dont know of anyone else thats been that close and is that bad lol.

HypeMan!
01-07-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm pretty scrubnificent :D But I'm in similar boots with NJ

Viewtiful Joe
01-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Us in the UK are starting to feel the burn from the waiting too, as you'll notice if you look in the UK forum (it's pretty damn quiet...), and now that I'm working for a CCG store again, I couldn't be more anxious for the release of RH and any news of further releases/new licenses. It upsets me that I haven't been able to look forward to a solid release date, as it would anybody, but in times like this, we need to have a little faith in what could happen. We've seen the previews and from what I've seen, they're pretty darn good, so when they do arrive, it'll be all the better for it. Although I must admit, even I can't deny that some people are losing interest because of the delay, and I haven't posted on the forums for a long while, as I haven't been expecting anything big to have appeared. I guess it'd be nice to just know that SOMETHING's happening... I just hope that we in the UK don't get forgotten in the long run :)

tannerface
01-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Us in the UK are starting to feel the burn from the waiting too, as you'll notice if you look in the UK forum (it's pretty damn quiet...), and now that I'm working for a CCG store again, I couldn't be more anxious for the release of RH and any news of further releases/new licenses. It upsets me that I haven't been able to look forward to a solid release date, as it would anybody, but in times like this, we need to have a little faith in what could happen. We've seen the previews and from what I've seen, they're pretty darn good, so when they do arrive, it'll be all the better for it. Although I must admit, even I can't deny that some people are losing interest because of the delay, and I haven't posted on the forums for a long while, as I haven't been expecting anything big to have appeared. I guess it'd be nice to just know that SOMETHING's happening... I just hope that we in the UK don't get forgotten in the long run :)

How could we forget the man who licked Jeremy Ray's face?

Shinguyi
01-11-2011, 10:29 AM

Well, Jason hopes to have the shipment ready in Two Weeks. I think that's something to look forward to. But I'm pretty sure knowing how Jasco Games is handling it they will get it done before February.

HypeMan!
01-11-2011, 12:19 PM
How could we forget the man who licked Jeremy Ray's face?

QFE. (and 10 word min)

Hatman
01-11-2011, 03:54 PM
QFE. (and 10 word min)

Awesome, I must say.

tannerface
01-12-2011, 05:53 AM
QFE. (and 10 word min)

??? What is QFE?

Trip Se7ens
01-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Quote for evidence.

SMazzurco
01-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Nope. Quote for EMPHASIS.

Btw, give us some new spoilers :P

Also, i may be stealing your name...apparently i went to a concert, got drunk, and am now talking to some chick who graduated high school before my last gf was born...LOL

You. Me. Worlds 2011. Team CougarHunter

Trip Se7ens
01-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Deal. We still need a third member though... Hm, who is worthy...

SMazzurco
01-12-2011, 12:09 PM

We may have to have drunken debauchery tryouts in vegas...

Trip Se7ens
01-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Deal, I'm so in.

HypeMan!
01-12-2011, 12:33 PM
??? What is QFE?

Quote for epicness.

B-Rad
01-12-2011, 01:11 PM

This guy my friend, this guy

Grizzlegrom
01-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Nope. Quote for EMPHASIS.

Btw, give us some new spoilers :P

Also, i may be stealing your name...apparently i went to a concert, got drunk, and am now talking to some chick who graduated high school before my last gf was born...LOL

You. Me. Worlds 2011. Team CougarHunter

Technically you should be Team Cougar Slayer lol...

Shinguyi
01-12-2011, 03:33 PM
So many different abreviations that end up as QFE. Maybe its Quickest F----- Entry. :D

tannerface
01-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Quick funking exit?

HypeMan!
01-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Quiet First Earache.

jason
01-12-2011, 07:04 PM
We have posted a state of the game that addresses the topics mentioned in this thread.

SMazzurco
01-12-2011, 07:24 PM
We have posted a state of the game that addresses the topics mentioned in this thread.

You found me and Steven a third hunter?

HypeMan!
01-12-2011, 11:58 PM
I know where you can get hats. But they say MILF hunter. But they are bright orange! :D

ScottGaines
01-14-2011, 01:46 AM
Dude I like milfs and i'll be the salt soundboard hahahahaha

I feel shajir, gonna be honest here I am selling my standard stuff and just playing legacy for the time being. I am fortunate enough to be able to borrow the cards I need for standard at events, but legacy will always have my heart like a junior high romance between a coach and a student, BECAUSE IT'S RAPE TIME!!!

Arch Duke Obvious
01-14-2011, 09:31 AM
This thread has become highly inappropriate to the point where i have received complaints and it is in no way on topic. Therefore, I have to close the thread.