PDA

View Full Version : Kaden agaisnt Undisputed Ruler

generalreaction2.0
01-05-2011, 11:24 PM
So Kaden's static gives all my attacks with a printed blank text box powerful 3. Suppose i use undisputed ruler to take away the Powerful 3 after Kaden plays an attack, will his static text then immediately give the Powerful 3 back to the attack?

SMazzurco
01-06-2011, 12:05 AM
I believe kaden will resolve first since its static. Then your opp reacts with undisputed ruler. At this point you have already "played" the attack and resolved statics so kaden will not resolve.
I THINK Undisputed will stop kadens P:3, but not 100%

Grizzlegrom
01-06-2011, 12:08 AM
I would think undisputed ruler would not work against kaden by one of the following reasons not sure which is right but thats what I would think

1) that the static text would give it back
2) that the card wouldn't technically have powerful at the time that undisputed would trigger
3) because it isn't printed on the attack undisputed couldnt trigger perhaps

I don't know if any of those three are right but if I had to guess one of them would be correct

generalreaction2.0
01-06-2011, 12:05 PM
I would think undisputed ruler would not work against kaden by one of the following reasons not sure which is right but thats what I would think

1) that the static text would give it back
2) that the card wouldn't technically have powerful at the time that undisputed would trigger
3) because it isn't printed on the attack undisputed couldnt trigger perhaps

I don't know if any of those three are right but if I had to guess one of them would be correct

See this is my train of thought: anywhere an attack with printed blank text box is (be it in your hand or discard pile or just played) Kaden's static would give it powerful 3. Assuming your opponent uses undisputed ruler at the time the attack is played, the powerful would be removed but since the attack still has a printed blank text box Kaden's static would then return powerful 3 back to the card. To me we need a concrete ruling on this one folks.

SMazzurco
01-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Ok i just read the actual text on kaden.

Undisputed ruler ain't gonna stop this bell ringin' mofo

generalreaction2.0
01-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Ok i just read the actual text on kaden.

Undisputed ruler ain't gonna stop this bell ringin' mofo

ok thats what i was wondering. also will his blank text box attacks are in his hand, would they get powerful 3 (for the sake of cards like paid to protect)?

SMazzurco
01-06-2011, 02:53 PM
I would think so, but not 100%.

Hopefully the answer is yes, but the wording does leave it open.

"Your attacks with a printed blank text box get powerful 3"

It does not say they HAVE powerful 3, but that they get it. The only question is when. Is it when the attack enters play? Is it anytime the card is in your deck? Is it at the start of the enhance phase?

I would say it's meant to imply that your attacks with a blank text box have powerful 3 anytime kaden is your active character (i.e. starting or stacked on Kaden**)

Grizzlegrom
01-06-2011, 02:55 PM
I would think that he would be considered the same for all rulings of promo alba with reversal keywords but that's just me

SMazzurco
01-06-2011, 03:14 PM
I would think that he would be considered the same for all rulings of promo alba with reversal keywords but that's just me

There you go. I thought Alba said "all attacks are reversals" but it does in fact say "get".

Shinguyi
01-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Its the same for ··Mai·· so I believe it also includes out of the card pool.

GouHadou
02-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Undisputed Ruler > Kaden.

sorry :D

to be specific, Kaden does grant P:3 to all of his blank attacks in all game zones. the attack is treated as having the P:3 enhance.
Undisputed Ruler removes that enhance for the rest of the enhance step, and then the attack will once again have P:3 immediately afterwards (beginning of block step - which is too late to activate it, but just in time to trigger effects that refer to Powerful attacks at that time or after damage.)

Hayamachop
02-15-2011, 02:30 PM
i agree with gouhadou, statics can only effect something once

GouHadou
02-16-2011, 12:29 PM
i agree with gouhadou, statics can only effect something once

that isn't so much the exact way it works.

the attack continually HAS P:3, until it is removed (with a specified duration, i.e. "enhance step).

SMazzurco
02-16-2011, 12:35 PM
I understand the whole "can't overrides can" thing, but aren't statics "constantly" checked?

i.e. mitsu, give your high attacks +3 dmg. Play a low attack, change it to high. BAM! +3 damage kicks in

GouHadou
02-16-2011, 01:24 PM
i understand the whole "can't overrides can" thing, but aren't statics "constantly" checked?

i.e. Mitsu, give your high attacks +3 dmg. Play a low attack, change it to high. Bam! +3 damage kicks in

*doublestamp*

SMazzurco
02-16-2011, 01:31 PM
*doublestamp*

*triplestamp*

"You can't triplestamp a doublestamp!"

Tagrineth
02-16-2011, 01:33 PM
I understand the whole "can't overrides can" thing, but aren't statics "constantly" checked?

i.e. mitsu, give your high attacks +3 dmg. Play a low attack, change it to high. BAM! +3 damage kicks in

But if Mitsurugi changes the attack to Mid, then back to High again, the +3 won't trigger a second time.

Kaden will only give the keyword once, essentially.

SMazzurco
02-16-2011, 02:57 PM
But if Mitsurugi changes the attack to Mid, then back to High again, the +3 won't trigger a second time.

Kaden will only give the keyword once, essentially.

Is it that Kaden only gives the keyword once or that there is also a constant effect "this attack loses powerful" from undisputed ruler? I thought it was more a "can't overrides can" than "kaden only gives them once".

Thanks

GouHadou
02-16-2011, 03:26 PM
the attack always has P:3 except for the time frame where it does not have it because of UR.

it doesn't gain a new instance of P:3, it is the same ability returning. just as mitsu won't reapply the damage buff