PDA

View Full Version : abilities that do not trigger after being played

Magnusotls
01-07-2011, 02:27 AM
http://www.twoheadeddragon.com/ufs/T601/scans/96.jpg

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/magnusotls1/qos016.jpg?t=1294388773

when would be the appropriate time to activate killer android, after my opponent enhances with defeated, or as defeated triggers off of his attack?

furthermore, if my opponent has no assets, and I activate killer andriod successfully, am I going to have to destroy one of my own assets? Can I even destroy his? how does this card work exactly

RockStar
01-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Killer Android's timing is specific: After your opponent PLAYS an ability that destroys an Asset. So, the moment your opponent commits Defeated to potentially destroy an asset, it is considered played (just not resolved). So, your timing to R with KA is after your opponent pays the cost for the ability, whether said ability will resolve or not. If KA said "After your opponent destroys..." then the trigger to R with KA would be after his effect resolves and actually destroys an Asset.

Also, the wording on KA suggests that you may R with KA to any ability that would destroy any foundation in play. If i remember correctly, in an earlier ruling where a question was asked about KAs interaction with Kazuya's "Destroy the World" technique (character F), it was ruled that KA could only be used if there was an Asset already in play. If this is the case, then KA may only R if there is, indeed, an Asset already in play.

Also, KA doesn't specify "your Asset" or "your opponent's Asset", so you may destroy ANY Asset in play.

Magnusotls
01-07-2011, 12:46 PM
I MAY destroy any asset in play, or I HAVE to? because if this is magic wording, I am going to still be destroying my own asset if my opponent has none.

SMazzurco
01-07-2011, 12:52 PM
I MAY destroy any asset in play, or I HAVE to? because if this is magic wording, I am going to still be destroying my own asset if my opponent has none.

Niether word is there. It just says "destroy an asset'
So you MUST.

Somewhere in the AGR it says that unless it says "may" then you must fulfill (as much as possible) all conditions

Tagrineth
01-07-2011, 02:27 PM
You can always respond with KA to an ability that could potentially destroy an asset - even if there are none in play.

And yes, if your opponent has none, you have to destroy 1 of your own.

RockStar
01-07-2011, 06:44 PM
You can always respond with KA to an ability that could potentially destroy an asset - even if there are none in play.

And yes, if your opponent has none, you have to destroy 1 of your own.

Ah.Then i was incorrect in my memory of how the interaction between KA and Kazuya's character F ability worked. My bad.

Shinguyi
01-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Killer Android's timing is specific: After your opponent PLAYS an ability that destroys an Asset. So, the moment your opponent commits Defeated to potentially destroy an asset, it is considered played (just not resolved). So, your timing to R with KA is after your opponent pays the cost for the ability, whether said ability will resolve or not. If KA said "After your opponent destroys..." then the trigger to R with KA would be after his effect resolves and actually destroys an Asset.

Also, the wording on KA suggests that you may R with KA to any ability that would destroy any foundation in play. If i remember correctly, in an earlier ruling where a question was asked about KAs interaction with Kazuya's "Destroy the World" technique (character F), it was ruled that KA could only be used if there was an Asset already in play. If this is the case, then KA may only R if there is, indeed, an Asset already in play.

Also, KA doesn't specify "your Asset" or "your opponent's Asset", so you may destroy ANY Asset in play.

I think James ruled that an asset didn't have to be in play since its not part of a cost or a restriction once you played the response. May need to look for that topic.