PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: Anti-spam method implemented, users with 0 posts have been deleted!

Arch Duke Obvious
01-09-2011, 01:51 PM
As a precaution to remove any and all spammers from the forum, I have deleted all users with 0 posts and no clear proof in their profile that indicated they were actual people. If your account was deleted by mistake, please create a new account and contact me via private message. Please include in the message your original user name and I will rename your new account to the name of the previous one. Thank you and I apologize for any inconvenience this problem have caused.

Arch Duke Obvious

Trip Se7ens
01-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Um, the problem wasn't the 0 post users, it was the 1 post users... :| Also, there are already other spammers on the site again. You should've just set a limit to posting or something...

Arch Duke Obvious
01-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Damn it. Well fine. I'll just have to confirm each new user then until i can find a better solution.

Also, I deleted 70 or so obvious spam accounts that had yet to post anything based mostly on the the adverts in their signatures.

NJBrock22
01-09-2011, 10:02 PM
best way to do it as steven said make it to where ya have to post like 5-6 times in other topics to be allowed to make your own posts... but yeah even then we know where thats gonna go...

N.J.

Link
01-09-2011, 10:07 PM
what some other sites do is have a Introduction thread you HAVE to post in first. considering some ppl may come for rules questions (its why i joined the STG site in the first place) and such i think 5 posts isnt what you need

ShadowDragon
01-09-2011, 11:28 PM
I actually suggested an Intro forum section to Jason a couple days ago, so one is probably in the works. Though I had recommended it as a way of getting the lurkers to post something in general (and so people can possibly find out if any new member is near them), but it could cut down on spam as well.

HypeMan!
01-10-2011, 08:26 PM
I'll second ShadowDragon's idea. I think Privateer Press does something similar with their boards.