PDA

View Full Version : Yi Shan's Rampage pre-RH

Vexion
01-18-2011, 06:29 AM
Ok, so, as some of you know (or those that have payed attention to my sig), I have been working on making Yi Shan** top tier. I'm not entirely sure exactly how well I did, but after proxying a few different versions, this seems to be the most vicious and destructive. IE: It wins easily (pumps attacks way up past 20). Now, bear in mind this is pre-Red Horizon. I haven't looked at any Red horizon cards that might benefit this....

I was going to save it until after I whupped with it at the Sacramento locals... But some of the cards are just too hard to find, so I figured I'd post it up for all to enjoy.

Character:1
Yi Shan2

Attacks: 16
Jaguar Straight x4
Cobra Twist x4
Cobra Clutch x4
Flinging Half Nelson x4

Assets: 4
Pendant of the Western Paradise x2
Bracers of Horus and Set x2

Foundations: 40
Strength of the Ages x4
Bloodline Rebellion x4
Zhao Family Discipline x4
Repentant Hero x4
Man Behind the Mask x4
King of the Ring x4
Memories of a nightmare x4
Torn Hero x4
Strange Fashion x4
Iron Body Technique x4

Now, I know what you're thinking. "This would be better with King off Earth!", right? I'll tell you that you're wrong. While King will guarantee quick, fun damaging throws.... Only Yi Shan's first E can truly give such pump and damage reduction as this. The longer the game drags out, the more powerful you become. Throws guaranteed to go the momentum unless they've got massive damage reduc (or strange fashion), and while you're swinging you're blasting off chunks of their life bar by pumping your throws by +3 with most of the foundations. By the time you hit desperation, you've enough momentum and foundations that you're wiping them out on your next turn, or decreasing your opponent's damage by ridiculous amounts.

In all the play tests I've had (including against legacy decks since I don't have a whole lotta standard), this deck trounced pretty much everything but the most aggro of decks. Is it slow to start? Oh, most definitely if you don't get the right cards.... Is it a rolling juggernaut once it gets going? You bet your flattened tookus it is....

So, what do you guys think?

I'll look at RH's earth support and find out if I can't beef this atrocity even more.

Edit note: Just looked at all of Earth in RH.... It's got some HATE for this deck..... I'm not sure how to edit it beyond finding something to replace for Silence, Confine, and Double Charge Executioner. Perhaps a few that negate their damage reduction?

Sheesh. This deck just got harder to use Post-RH.

JinKazama
01-18-2011, 06:34 AM
I honor u for building Yi Shan.
Props

P.S. add heir to the storm or regretful existence

Magnusotls
01-18-2011, 06:37 AM
take out king of the ring, add hungry for battle.

Vexion
01-18-2011, 06:37 AM
Now edited with my thoughts on RH's effect on the deck (just looked at CSI)....

Magnusotls
01-18-2011, 06:38 AM
and thats 61 cards

Vexion
01-18-2011, 06:40 AM
Heir to the Storm defeats the purpose of the foundatons. There are literally no foundations that you should be able to afford destroying to use it. Sides, you have enough damage pump.... Hungry for battle makes you check for it, and I honestly don't see it's effect being useful. 6 minus the number checked? You have mostly 5s. Regretful Existence... See Heir to the Storm. I actually took out 2 regretful existence for Torn Hero =\, lol.

Edit: Yes Magnus, it is.... It's well worth it to have 4 of every card in the deck.

Oh, and thanks for the props Jin. Its sorta what I do, take characters people don't like and build them awesome....

Magnusotls
01-18-2011, 06:59 AM
also, there will be another throw stopper next set in Protect your master. Not that I care. Croc grasp that crap.

JinKazama
01-18-2011, 07:39 AM
Oh, and thanks for the props Jin. Its sorta what I do, take characters people don't like and build them awesome....

I do this too, It fails more than it succeeds though.
I plan on building Christie once I get ahold of some flex body's.

Mordai
01-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Major problem I had with Yishan was this.. shadowar and tekken added alot of momentum hatred, and since most of yi-shans support needs momentum he had to fight an uphill battle, (memories of a knightmare did wonders of keeping some problem cards away though..),
I've found Warbetween sisters to be one of the biggest banes to him.. seriously the first E is good enough for sideboard if you do not have something else, but the second stops any form of add to momentum during combat phase, or just activate during end phase to reduce your momentum by 2-4-6 depending on what you got out.

Mishima Zaibatsu Leader.. Oh my Yi-shan hated this card with a passion, you discard and they gain? wtf..

Yes..been ranting the disadvantages he has, but he also had advantages of having several of the more amazing attacks earth and life has to offer, Tigerclaw in particular is a personal fave..

I salute thee for trying to build Yishan.. on paper he is pretty good.. but I would never consider running him in a tournament.. ragnar, king, Siegfried.. everyone else is so much beefier and stronger than this little guy..

Dillon
01-18-2011, 09:41 PM
you should take out torn hero... i hate that card soooooooooo much

JinKazama
01-19-2011, 03:47 AM
you should take out torn hero... i hate that card soooooooooo much

lol Everyone who plays fire does

tannerface
01-19-2011, 04:36 AM
Major problem I had with Yishan was this.. shadowar and tekken added alot of momentum hatred, and since most of yi-shans support needs momentum he had to fight an uphill battle, (memories of a knightmare did wonders of keeping some problem cards away though..),
I've found Warbetween sisters to be one of the biggest banes to him.. seriously the first E is good enough for sideboard if you do not have something else, but the second stops any form of add to momentum during combat phase, or just activate during end phase to reduce your momentum by 2-4-6 depending on what you got out.

Mishima Zaibatsu Leader.. Oh my Yi-shan hated this card with a passion, you discard and they gain? wtf..

Yes..been ranting the disadvantages he has, but he also had advantages of having several of the more amazing attacks earth and life has to offer, Tigerclaw in particular is a personal fave..

I salute thee for trying to build Yishan.. on paper he is pretty good.. but I would never consider running him in a tournament.. ragnar, king, Siegfried.. everyone else is so much beefier and stronger than this little guy..

Regarding war between sisters. It is an amazing card and is very good at keeping your opponents momentum down, however, it does not stop you from gaining momentum during the combat phase. What it does stop you from doing is gaining momentum during THIS attacks enhance step. I was under the misconception that it stopped you for the phase as well. As Omar used to say "Reading is fundamental". Also you cannot just activate it during the end phase, in fact it can never be activated during the endphase. It's response (not enhance) activates only when your opponent plays an attack (as a block or as an attack).

Mordai
01-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Tannerface, ye I reread the card shortly after posting..hm.. now that I think about it, it might not be such a major problem at all.. if played around that is.

And yes.. Reading is fundamental, will go punch myself in the face with a baseball bat for forgetting about that :P

eypyeash
01-19-2011, 10:04 PM
What cards are you saying are too hard to get for this deck? I've got spares of pretty much all of them, so if you want to set up a trade or something, PM me your list of what ya need and have.