PDA

View Full Version : Tendon Strength + Basara (And Evil-Doer Destoryer)

Vexion
01-20-2011, 06:12 PM
Ok, so..... looking at Tendon Strength, and Basara's stuff... Makes me wonder.

Tendon Strength: R: When you would discard 1 or more cards due to your opponent's card effect, place 1 token on this card instead. During the end phase, remove all tokens on this card and discard X cards. X equals the number of tokens on this card. Playable while committed

Basara: E Discard 1 card: Your opponent discards 1 card or 1 of their momentum (their choice). If they choose an option they cannot fulfill, they lose 2 vitality and cannot gain vitality for the rest of this turn.

The Evil-Doer Destroyer: Basara E Remove this asset from the game: Your opponent discards 2 cards or 2 momentum (their choice). If they choose an option they cannot fulfill, they lose 2 vitality.

Ok, so does my opponent using Tendon Strength count as fulfilling the discard requirements for the effects, or does it merely stall them until the end of the turn? In which, if they don't have enough cards by then, they then lose the (1 to 3) vitality?

JinKazama
01-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Better question
Y r u playing rare Basara?

Vexion
01-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Better question

Two reasons....

1: I don't have promo Basara (still looking), and I freaking want to.
2: Obvious troll is obvious

Tagrineth
01-20-2011, 10:13 PM
You opt to discard. Then when the effect resolves, Tendon Strength responds and puts a token on itself in place of the discards.

Done deal. No more interaction with Basara's cards.

Vexion
01-20-2011, 10:20 PM
You opt to discard. Then when the effect resolves, Tendon Strength responds and puts a token on itself in place of the discards.

Done deal. No more interaction with Basara's cards.

So you opt to discard, the tokens get put on tendon strength, and that's it? It counts? Even if you have NO cards?

Well... That's a Spanner In The Works for Basara, no?

NJBrock22
01-21-2011, 04:52 AM
yep it counts when you have no cards in hand because game rules see that there is STILL an option to do so, just like if a card tells you to discard your hand, you can pay it by discarding 0 cards if you have no hand, yeah it doesn't make sense from other card game standards but remember this is not every card game it's UFS.

N.J.

Magnusotls
01-21-2011, 05:34 AM
Better question

to be playing something other than Sogetsu >:<>:<>:< >:<

Tagrineth
01-21-2011, 01:25 PM
yep it counts when you have no cards in hand because game rules see that there is STILL an option to do so, just like if a card tells you to discard your hand, you can pay it by discarding 0 cards if you have no hand, yeah it doesn't make sense from other card game standards but remember this is not every card game it's UFS.

N.J.

Discarding "your hand" of 0 cards is in line with every other card game except Yu-Gi-Oh!. It makes perfect sense because "your hand" is still a valid game zone.