PDA

View Full Version : Which boxes should I get?

LBS
06-28-2010, 01:43 AM
As a player who has zero cards from after the fourth set, which 2 boxes should I pick from the special Jasco deal? When will they rotate out of the standard format? Are the starters worth it, or should I just get two booster boxes? Thanks for the advice.

RockStar
06-28-2010, 02:33 AM
TBH, i like every Set in Standard: ShadoWar, SoulCalIV: ToS, SoulCalIV: Quest of Souls, and Tekken 6. They're all really good, and, tbh, you're going to be wanting to utilize cards from all of these Sets.

A question for you: Are there any characters that you're a fan of at the moment? Do you play SoulCal or Tekken, and are particularly fond of any of those characters? If the answer is yes, then i would purchase a box/boosters from those sets.

The cool thing about the Boosters in NewFS is that they are all pre-arranged decks, and, with very little variation, each Character Booster has the same cards. So, purchasing Boosters instead of Set Boxes is a very viable way to go.

Also 5-point shuriken marked cards - our current Standard Format - will NOT rotate until Worlds/GenCon 2011. So, you got plenty of time to make purchases, make trades, and get caught up to speed!

Good luck, and welcome to the wonderful world of UFS!! :P

HypeMan!
06-28-2010, 03:42 AM
I'm going to echo what RockStar said. I like Mitsurugi a lot, so I'll be picking up Quest of Souls, and Tekken has some fun stuff I want too. Now, I'm bias cause I haven't gotten those particular sets. But overall, you really can't go wrong with any of them, they're all great.

Starter wise, they're helpful to get started but you'll have a deeper card selection from getting booster boxes. Unless you want the specific cards only available from the starter boxes (Character cards and 2 different special rares only available in the decks)

Bloodrunstrue
06-28-2010, 04:17 AM
If you want to get immersed in the world of standard UFS (5 point shruiken) to take advantage of Jasco's special deal I would recommend getting two starter boxes.

+ You get more cards
+ Exclusive rares.
+ Better value for money than booster boxes usually.

Otherwise I recommend picking up the Tower of Souls starter box OR the Shadowar starter box alongside Quest of souls, QOS has spectacular cards which work excellently with every set currently available in standard. :)

Hope this helps
Bloodrunstrue

ATLDrew
06-28-2010, 09:43 AM
If youre just starting out, I would honestly pick up Tower of Souls and Shadowar. They are big sets but have a LOT of money rares to trade away, give you sets of useful commons, etc. The starter box idea is good, but you don't really get anything to trade out of them. And the only competitive decks you can really build with just starters is Astrid and maybe Ivy.