PDA

View Full Version : Competitive Pokemon...? :D

Trip Se7ens
01-26-2011, 04:35 AM
Anyone play here or visit Smogon? I'm looking to try to collect some of the shiny legendaries I missed out on from Gamestop! Let me know if you have any for trade, I don't mind clone ones.

Magnusotls
01-26-2011, 05:17 AM
I had a sweet OU team completely bred by myself but mah game got stolen.

and since the game (every game after silver) is terrible I didn't get another one.

Raikou
01-26-2011, 11:42 AM
i play and i can get u one if i can get one off of my friend or find my action replay somewhere

Trip Se7ens
01-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Please do! :D

Raikou
01-26-2011, 04:01 PM
i shall try my hardest

LuchaHeroAl
01-26-2011, 06:26 PM
I have a EV trained team but I didn't look at tiers just picked my favorites. I want to make a legendary team but getting the right nature is a pain.

Trip Se7ens
01-26-2011, 09:45 PM
I made Vaporeon OU from PokeBattles and my online videos on youtube... But Vappy is so crappy compared to Suicune... :(

ShadowDragon
01-26-2011, 11:47 PM
@Al- Just use Synchronize to help get better natures.

I got Entei with straight 31s on one of my games, haven't cloned anything though. Still have 4 Enteis to pick up from the mart on my other games. Got some decent Raikous too (one with HP- Grass 70 and 31/22/31/30/31/31 I believe), but again, nothing cloned. If I get around to cloning some stuff I may be able to part with a few. I should probably pick up an AR one of these days...

Trip Se7ens
01-27-2011, 12:02 AM
You got an Entei with 31's? Wtf... Did you just reset a lot? The RNG on the dogs are almost impossible for me to mess with...

Trip Se7ens
01-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Dani, did you get any of the event shinies btw? I would love to get a copy of them.

DaiAndOh
01-27-2011, 01:09 AM
I just play on pokemon online on and off now a days.

5th gen is pretty cool.

LuchaHeroAl
01-27-2011, 01:55 AM
I had no idea that ability did that. Thanks Dani.

I missed the Gamestop giveaways they just did for the dogs, but I can always rely on the GTS exploit to get any events.

ShadowDragon
01-27-2011, 02:39 AM
I got 5 of both shiny Raikou and shiny Entei, and will get 5 Suicunes next week~ They're the ones I mentioned in my earlier post. I think Entei took me 3-4 tries to hit straight 31s w/ RNG abuse, Raikou (my 1st RNG abuse attemp) took much longer until I figured out how to check what seed I was on with their set natures.

As for Synchronize, I found that out on accident while trying to get a decent Palkia a long time ago (had a Modest Espeon lead). It's not 100%, but having a Synchronizer with the nature you want as your lead increases the chance of the pokemon you run into being the same nature. I do recommend breeding a ton of Abras and having a box of Synchronizers for whatever nature you may want.

Trip Se7ens
01-27-2011, 06:06 AM
I'm looking for a Shiny, Timid, 31 spd, hp, def, spec def., and spec attack Suicune. I'm trying to make it a sweeper... let me know if that is possible for you... I'll try to make it worth your time if possible, Dani, let me know.

ShadowDragon
01-27-2011, 01:10 PM
The event shinies have set natures (Raikou- Rash, Entei- Adamant, and Suicune- Relaxed), so you'd have to RNG abuse the Suicune from HG/SS for a Timid one, and since the one I have left to get is not going to be Timid (not the best nature for it, Suicune's slow and is best for walling/Calm Mind) you're gonna be on your own for that one.

Trip Se7ens
01-27-2011, 01:57 PM
I already made a wall Suicune, looking to throw people off with a Sweeper :) People on Netbattles see my Suicune and they aren't fooled by it anymore! :(

Anthonygt08
01-27-2011, 05:16 PM
I got all 3 (but not from the Event) all shiny

ShadowDragon
01-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Entei is best from the event IMO, because he finally gets Flare Blitz and Extreme Speed, which he should have gotten in his normal movepool 4th gen. I love Aura Sphere on Raikou and Weather Ball could be fun in doubles with Kyogre or something along that line, but would have rather it have been Timid or even Modest versus Rash... Suicune I'm iffy on, I don't think it really needed any of its event moves, but Aqua Ring or Air Slash could be fun even though Suicune's not quite fast enough to make good use of it.

DaiAndOh
01-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Entei is best from the event IMO, because he finally gets Flare Blitz and Extreme Speed, which he should have gotten in his normal movepool 4th gen. I love Aura Sphere on Raikou and Weather Ball could be fun in doubles with Kyogre or something along that line, but would have rather it have been Timid or even Modest versus Rash... Suicune I'm iffy on, I don't think it really needed any of its event moves, but Aqua Ring or Air Slash could be fun even though Suicune's not quite fast enough to make good use of it.

Pretty much this.

Too bad Aura Sphere doesn't do that much for Raikou's coverage pending 2nd typings. Fighting type coverage is pretty damn awesome in 5th gen though.

Thank god Entei got Flare Blitz though. Maybe by 8th gen Flareon will have it lol.

Trip Se7ens
01-28-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm sad that VGA this year is 5th Gen only... :( We better learn the RNG hacks of BnW soon... sigh.

Shinji Mimura
01-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Anyone play here or visit Smogon? I'm looking to try to collect some of the shiny legendaries I missed out on from Gamestop! Let me know if you have any for trade, I don't mind clone ones.

I have 4 extra Enteis and will have 4 extra Suicune when released.

Also I visit Smogon daily.

Trip Se7ens
01-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Well if possible, I'd like to get my hands on 1 of each copy of the shiny legendaries, let me know, Ian.

ShadowDragon
01-28-2011, 03:55 PM
I heard they already cracked BnW's RNG... I don't frequent Smogon though so I can't say for sure.

LuchaHeroAl
01-28-2011, 06:09 PM
I only go to Smogon once in a while, but I go to Serebii every day.

Trip Se7ens
01-29-2011, 03:22 PM
Does Serebii have an organized forum? Every time I go there it looks so confusing and a huge cluster!

ShadowDragon
01-29-2011, 03:40 PM
I don't use the forums on Serebii at all, I just check their News and use their pokedex sections, with the occassional game section to find which move tutors I need or something.

LuchaHeroAl
01-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Yeah I use the GameFAQs forum if I need something. I use Serebii for news and resources.

EscarcegaGuy
02-05-2011, 12:54 AM
It's all about Flareon. Best fire pokemon.

Trip Se7ens
02-05-2011, 01:58 AM
I'm pretty disappointed about the 5th gen starters... another Fire/Fighting? I was so hoping for a Water/Fighting... ugh.

LuchaHeroAl
02-05-2011, 02:24 AM
I'm pretty disappointed about the 5th gen starters... another Fire/Fighting? I was so hoping for a Water/Fighting... ugh.

And the grass and water are just pure all the way to 3rd evo.

Trip Se7ens
02-05-2011, 02:27 AM
I know, it's so disappointed... :| Was hoping for some new stuff Nintendo... didn't want to see the same crap for 3 gens.

EscarcegaGuy
02-06-2011, 12:51 AM
I know, it's so disappointed... :| Was hoping for some new stuff Nintendo... didn't want to see the same crap for 3 gens.

Fire pig rocks. He was the best starter. Gen 4 was terrible, gen 5 picked it back up. I beat both black and white months ago (gotta love 4chan, giving me the english patched roms within 2 weeks.) Black and White were my favorites now behind Ruby and Sapphire. Platinum didn't really make up for how bad Diamond/Pearl were, so these were a relief. Plus America Bird.