PDA

View Full Version : Easiest deck ever

LuchaHeroAl
02-02-2011, 12:30 AM
I just realized that if you are playing Promo Bishamon and you have No Equal in your hand (Or can play it any other way really), you win if they cannot stop it's effect.

aslum
02-02-2011, 12:36 AM
Lol. Of course there are about a million ways to stop it... but could be pretty awesome to toss after your opponent is tapped out and expecting to kill you.

LuchaHeroAl
02-02-2011, 12:40 AM
In Extended the only ways I can think of off the top of my head are Kung-Fu (Which you can play too off Evil) and Tag Along. You can also play Giradot's to get it. Also, Seal but not like you can't play that either.

vaporgecko
02-02-2011, 03:10 AM
Power of the Edge discards just played action cards too. Also Pull of the Tides would stop it on your opponent's turn, and possibly your own. Lethal Fighting Style/Purple-Army Suit, or any targeted discard could circumvent it as well.

That said, it is definitely not a bad card to have in your Bishamon anyway, so long as you have back-up win conditions. Nothing like having a one card kill switch to threaten with if your opponent over commits.

Cass
02-02-2011, 09:48 AM
I don't get the trick except if you mean to have TWO no equal in hand and play them during the enhance phase of any attack as they make an infinite loop of control check.

is that it?

SMazzurco
02-02-2011, 09:49 AM
I don't get the trick except if you mean to have TWO no equal in hand and play them during the enhance phase of any attack as they make an infinite loop of control check.

is that it?

By the time the E resolves, No Equal is in the card pool. it does NOT state OTHER card, thus it can target itself.

Same trick basically as reanimated darkness blade victor.

Hayamachop
02-02-2011, 10:10 AM
epic deck.

Magnusotls
02-02-2011, 10:26 AM
run one checks. Problem? u mad? etc

SMazzurco
02-02-2011, 10:29 AM
run one checks. Problem? u mad? etc

1 untapped foundation is all that is needed for each 1 check...not that hard to have like 4 foundations out with promo bish lol.

Magnusotls
02-02-2011, 10:33 AM
if I am playing a deck that runs one and 2 checks, he probably wont get on that many foundations too quickly with a 5 hand size.

Magnusotls
02-02-2011, 10:36 AM
also occurred to me that geese*will stop it

SMazzurco
02-02-2011, 10:43 AM
if I am playing a deck that runs one and 2 checks, he probably wont get on that many foundations too quickly with a 5 hand size.

As an ex runner of promo bish i would get 4-5 down T1 usually. (lots of 0s, no attacks in deck, etc)

LuchaHeroAl
02-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Plus 2 checks don't matter anyway. It only costs 2.

SMazzurco
02-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Plus 2 checks don't matter anyway. It only costs 2.

Which is why i only commented on the 1 checks :)

LuchaHeroAl
02-02-2011, 06:52 PM
I think the only cards fast enough to cause this deck problems are Tag Along and Kung Fu Training. Just play an Earth turtle deck or Death control and you have access to so many cards that shut off Rs it's not even funny. Earth gives you nice draw power with Hugo's support too.

SMazzurco
02-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Ya this card might be kind of dumb in extended.

If so i think the right call (omg ppl don't exaggerate and say i am saying this needs to be done) would be to ban promo bish. He changes the rules son!

LuchaHeroAl
02-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Maybe just ban No Equal in Extended. While your at it get rid of Reanimated too and kill two broken decks with one stone.

Shinguyi
02-02-2011, 07:32 PM
But Darkness Blade is not legal in Extended anyways. I think at most change No Equal to "other non-attack" or like you mentioned, take it off extended. Or take out Bishamon from extended (Legacy will have to be looked at as well).

LuchaHeroAl
02-02-2011, 07:44 PM
I meant get rid of it for the Victor Mega Spike loop deck with Mentally Unstable.

I like the banning of No Equal in Extended the best because new players having one more card banned is a lot easier for them to remember than knowing that a card does something other than what the text says.

NJBrock22
02-02-2011, 07:44 PM
yeah i kinda mentioned this a long time ago when i saw it, it DOES need a functional errata to pick up one OTHER or one non-attack, you may not pick up copies of this card, or something like that...

and for those who dont believe i stated this... go here: 2292-Eva-a-look-into-Red-Horizon

N.J.

Shinguyi
02-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Ok, those are true as well. All I can say is "not cool in extended... not cool...".

Good thing Quick to Anger is gone.

LuchaHeroAl
02-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Ok, those are true as well. All I can say is "not cool in extended... not cool...".

Good thing Quick to Anger is gone.

The first card I thought of was Quick to Anger, but then I remembered there was a character that did it too.

Hayamachop
02-03-2011, 11:37 AM
did anyone for get you can also do this on darkness blade?

NJBrock22
02-03-2011, 01:25 PM
in legacy and yep i brought that up too... it is retarded..., enhance the living hell out with No Equal + Darkness Blade, use FoF and say hello to 5L20 that you're gonna have to hard check to block at best...

N.J.

LuchaHeroAl
02-03-2011, 02:00 PM
In legacy this is probably the least broken thing. Extended is where it's just too much. I'll have to ask Scott Gaines to know for sure though.

Shinguyi
02-03-2011, 02:42 PM
What other things seem more broken LuchaHeroAl? Can't think of any at the moment.

tannerface
02-03-2011, 09:00 PM
What other things seem more broken LuchaHeroAl? Can't think of any at the moment.

Well you will not escape was...so was spiral arrow...

Shinguyi
02-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Well you will not escape was...so was spiral arrow...

They don't make an automatic win do they? I mean, the No Equal + Bishamon is almost an Automatic win. Also, the Darkness Blade + No Equal + Fight or Flight seems like almost an automatic win.

jason
02-04-2011, 12:05 PM
I agree with NJBrock, we will most likely add an errata that will have it pick up one OTHER card.

tannerface
02-04-2011, 06:40 PM
They don't make an automatic win do they? I mean, the No Equal + Bishamon is almost an Automatic win. Also, the Darkness Blade + No Equal + Fight or Flight seems like almost an automatic win.

Well you will not escape no, but once I hit you with a spiral arrow I win.

LuchaHeroAl
02-04-2011, 07:07 PM
I agree with NJBrock, we will most likely add an errata that will have it pick up one OTHER card.

I'm glad you guys pay attention to this stuff. I brought it up, as opposed to trying to win a big tourney with it, so something this broken didn't stay in the game. It's good to know you are always listening.