PDA

View Full Version : Rebirth

Ken_Masters
02-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Ok so the question came up at the pre-release about Rebirth and what it's static effect gets to activate off. It reads:

"When this foundation is removed from your staging area due to your opponents card effect, search...."

This effect happens when foundations are "removed", as in removed from the game or just leave your staging area due to any of your opponents card effects? Those were the two different schools of thought on the wording of the card so I turn to you internet to clarify. :confused:

Shinguyi
02-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Leaves the staging area. For specifically being removed from the game it would state "when this card is removed from th game from your staging area" or something along those lines. So yeah, works well with many stuff.

Think of the wording like Feline Spike where its E says: "No more cards may be removed from your card pool until the end of this Combat Phase". It implies taking out of the card pool by any means be it discarding, removing from the game, adding to yoru hand, adding to staging area or adding to momentum.

ATLDrew
02-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Mr. Masters and I were discussing the card this weekend at our prerelease and were just looking for clarification. Does the effect trigger when Rebirth is removed from the game or when it changes game zones (ie. going to the discard pile, going to the card pool, etc.)? Since the card doesn't specifically mention removing fromt he game, I assume it triggers upon changing game zone but the language is VERY weird. Just wanted to get an official ruling.

Trip Se7ens
02-06-2011, 12:21 PM
It triggers when being removed from the staging area, IE. going to ANY other area, card pool via Blazing Storm/Spinta, BUT does not trigger off of Eva since it is a cost.

Shinguyi
02-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Changes game zones, otherwise you could discard, add to momentum or your hand cards from your card pool with Feline Spike or ···Donovan···.

Trip, remember its due to opponent's card effect hehe. So its good against Lu Chen, Mussoh-Batoh-Ryu and Lily.

Trip Se7ens
02-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Ah, sorry, let me use a better example then, Rebirth does not trigger if you destroy it to cancel your opponent's Rivalry with a Bear since the destroying part is a cost, like how anti-discard doesn't work against Financial Troubles.

aslum
02-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Would it trigger for "blanking" effects? IE does flipping it face down and counting it as a blank foundation count as removing it from the staging area?

Judas225
02-06-2011, 04:09 PM
How bout being destroyed by your opponent's card effect?

Shinguyi
02-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Being destroyed yes, blanking no because the card itself is still in the staging area (just how you can peek face down cards in your staging area, the card itself still exists).

Ken_Masters
02-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Ok so Rebirth is super awesome card that every Void, Life, and Water deck needs. :D

If it works off pretty much everything (clearly not paying cost for effects) they why not just have the wording say:

"When this Foundation leaves your staging area due to your opponents card effects...." this way the term "remove" is avoided all together, thus clearing up any potential confusion about how the card works. It would then be understood that whenever Rebirth leaves the staging area from play to go to any other zone then Rebirth's continuous effect would happen.

I appreciate all the responses and clarification...time to get me a play-set or two or Rebirth. :D