PDA

View Full Version : Eva and face down foundations

Imomon
02-06-2011, 08:39 PM
When Eva* targets a face down card in the staging area that is being treated as a foundation what is the bonus that she gets?

As I see it there are two possibilities

1) blank foundations have printed values of 0 so X=0
2) because the blank card is destroyed (before checking for a value due to being a cost) and it has a value when it hits the discard pile thus X=value on printed side of card.

The second possibility raises the question of face down attacks being destroyed instead of foundations as they meet the requirement to be destroyed (i.e. treated as a foundation) but are no longer foundations when the value is being checked for a reference and so may not give a bonus at all or may end up giving bigger bonuses than intended.

Seems simplest to go with option 1 but I'd like to be sure.

Thanks

Imomon

Dillon
02-06-2011, 08:45 PM
blank foundations have 3 difficulty

how it was in the santa cruz pre release

Shinguyi
02-06-2011, 08:46 PM
That was in the prerelease, I don't think it applies for normal gameplay.

Imomon
02-06-2011, 08:47 PM
While that maybe true in sealed i was asking in general, i.e. the standard format as there are several cards that create face down foundations.

LuchaHeroAl
02-06-2011, 09:00 PM
I had the same problem with Luise discarding face down cards from the card pool and which control value to use. I figured since the cost was to discard, the value would be taken from the card in the discard since the cost has to be paid before the ability happens. You could also say that the cost you paid was the face down card which no longer exists in your discard so it would be 0. I never got a clear answer though.

SMazzurco
02-06-2011, 09:53 PM
A foundation turned face down has 0 difficulty. Such as from taki or no forgiveness.
This also applies to attacks that are face down foundations such as master of magic and assassin's strike.

In the prelease you can play ANY CARD as a 3 difficulty foundation. It is treated as a foundation with no name and a printed diff of 3 and control of 5.

Hope that is clear.

Tagrineth
02-08-2011, 02:49 AM
Eva blowing up a facedown foundation would be equivalent to blowing up a 0 difficulty foundation.