PDA

View Full Version : Kaden's Throw + Sweet Nothing

SMazzurco
02-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Text on throw "If this attack is not blocked, your next attack gets -2 diff and stun 1"

Now, if player A attacks with throw, and player B uses Sweet Nothing (remove this attack from the card pool), does the next attack get -2 diff and stun 1?

As far as i am concerned, it was NOT blocked. True there was no block step, and it did not deal damage, but it was still NOT blocked.

Raikou
02-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Since Cayden's Throw doesn't resolve in the card pool then the ability would fizzle if it were to be removed before the block step, meaning that there is no block step. Its the same with unblockable attacks

SMazzurco
02-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Anything in the AGR to support this?

I mean i know the attack is fizzled if discarded during the enhance phase, but does it explicitly state that any floating effects are also fizzled?

If it said "chooses not to block" or "does not block during the block step" or something...but it says "If this attack is not blocked",....and its not :P

I'm ok with your ruling, just trying to get a better understanding of the rules/why.

Raikou
02-08-2011, 01:07 PM
That is what jason told me soo im sorry for not elaborating on it.

NJBrock22
02-08-2011, 01:16 PM
easy way to look at this sal... if an attack goes to AT LEAST the Damage Step(even if the block step was skipped due to unblockability) AND the card resolves, then yes a card that says "if this attack is/was not blocked, do this" happens.

N.J.

Trip Se7ens
02-08-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm pretty sure UFS does not 'retain memory' of cards.

SMazzurco
02-08-2011, 02:58 PM
My question was more that it created a floating effect and does this floating effect "eventually resolve" when the attack is no longer active (via resolving, removal, etc) or does it only have the chance to resolve at a certain step.

Shinguyi
02-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Well, this is what the rulebook says:

2.9.2.6 Effects of Enhances continue until the attack has fully resolved unless
otherwise specified.

So by what it says I get the feeling the attack needs to resolve for the effect to kick in. So if the attack aborts, so do the Enhances.

Tagrineth
02-09-2011, 02:28 AM
The effect dissipates because there was never any determination of a block being made or not - since the attack aborted it effectively halted any resident effects, which means the Enhance is no longer active to notice the lack of a block occurring.