PDA

View Full Version : Two questions.

Vexion
02-10-2011, 05:25 PM
First one is just to make sure of something. For Directing an Empire, to commit a 0 difficulty foundation of theirs, I can pay 0 life right? half of 0 rounded up is still 0, lol.

Now for a more serious question. Morathi.... Does Morathi's form override a Wrath of Heaven played against him, and discard the three face downs? Wrath of Heaven spcifically states "These cards are not cleared until the end of your opponent's next turn". Cleared would be my emphasis. Morathi, in the mean time, states "Then discard all other face downs from your card pool". Discard being the key word here.

My assumption is, yes, because it is not a clearing as per the ready step, but a discard via effect.

Shinguyi
02-10-2011, 06:02 PM
1) Yep, its the same with Sacrifices for the Cause, where you can discard 0 cards to commit a 0 difficulty foundation or Luna's Encouragement to commit 0 foundations to attach a 0 difficulty action to it.

2) Yep again. Wrath of Heaven says "Clear" and Morathi "Discard," which are two different things.

SMazzurco
02-10-2011, 10:32 PM
in short, "clearing" happens during the end phase. "discarding" is usually the result of some effect.