PDA

View Full Version : refresher on the word ''return''

Target X
06-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Take Paid to protect as an exemple, does the '' return'' effect count as a reduction?

this was answered on the old forums but I can,t remember the ruling.

NJBrock22
06-29-2010, 10:19 PM
fairly sure anything that would take damage DOWNWARD is reduction(no matter the wording) same goes with UPWARD being a bonus.

N.J.

SMazzurco
06-29-2010, 10:54 PM
i definately would say, if there was an effect "the speed of this attack may not be reduced" than p2p would fizzle on it.

However if it was below the printed value, i don't know that i personally would think of it as a bonus...

good question :P

Link
06-29-2010, 11:54 PM
Return was never effected by No damage redux. Holding Ground was still able to get around that stuff, I personally feel it was a bs ruling. but that happens

Target X
07-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Mmmh I,d still like an official answer on this. Otherwise ''return'' becomes a grey area.... i don tlike grey areas

GouHadou
02-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Mmmh I,d still like an official answer on this. Otherwise ''return'' becomes a grey area.... i don tlike grey areas

Until otherwise revisioned -

"Return" does not apply +/- to any stats.

it won't count as either reduction (or bonus, depending on the case)

Shinguyi
02-16-2011, 01:07 PM
So... Paid to Protect works against Bryan Fury and that Ragnar foundation that prevents your attacks damage from being reduced?

Unless what you mean is that Return doesn't apply as a Bonus or as a Penalty.

SMazzurco
02-16-2011, 01:56 PM
And i thought you could not "return" siren's call after the E was used....owait you can't.

Return =/= a bonus or a penalty, but it does increase/decrease the dmg/spd

If Bryan fury stopped "penalties" then p2p would work against him, but he stops "reduction".

Its sort of "a square is a rectangle" but "a rectangle isn't necesarily a square".

I think Omar meant to say "It won't count as a "reduction" but it will "decrease" the dmg (hope that makes sense)

basically ask for specific card interaction...NOTHING can lower the dmg of Bryan's attacks (after E of course) and NOTHING can raise the dmg on Siren's call after playing the E.

Shinguyi
02-16-2011, 02:32 PM
And i thought you could not "return" siren's call after the E was used....owait you can't.

Return =/= a bonus or a penalty, but it does increase/decrease the dmg/spd

If Bryan fury stopped "penalties" then p2p would work against him, but he stops "reduction".

Its sort of "a square is a rectangle" but "a rectangle isn't necesarily a square".

I think Omar meant to say "It won't count as a "reduction" but it will "decrease" the dmg (hope that makes sense)

basically ask for specific card interaction...NOTHING can lower the dmg of Bryan's attacks (after E of course) and NOTHING can raise the dmg on Siren's call after playing the E.

Well,t hat's how I understand it and always did but this made em wonder what he actually said:

"it won't count as either reduction (or bonus, depending on the case)"

GouHadou
02-16-2011, 02:42 PM
its sort of "a square is a rectangle" but "a rectangle isn't necesarily a square".

*stamp*

Tagrineth
02-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Confirming, return will increase/reduce but it does not count as a bonus or penalty (+/- X). A bonus or penalty results in an increase or reduction but a return is not a bonus or penalty. You've got two judges in accordance. And again good job to Mr. Mazzurco. :)