PDA

View Full Version : Torn Hero vs Sophitia

RockStar
06-29-2010, 08:54 PM
I was quite surprised to hear that if Sophitia commits Torn Hero, and then Torn Hero commits 2 of Sophitia's foundation, she can therefore Respond and then commit 2 more of her opponent's foundations?

Uhm...

A couple issues i have this...

1) Sophitia's ability is an E, not an R. It has a COST of committing one of her foundations to commit one of her opponent's foundations. That is, SOPHITIA must commit one of her foundations as the cost, not her opponent.

2) Torn Hero's ability to commit 2 foundations isn't an ability that is played; it's static. Unless Sophitia is running a card, like Perfect Sense of Balance or, herself, Torn Hero, i just don't see how Sophitia can Respond to having 2 of her own foundations committed, and then committing another of her opponent's foundations.

Can i please hear an official ruling on this that either confirms my position on this, or flat out refute me.

Thanks in advance.

Target X
06-29-2010, 09:07 PM
WHOA! MY MIND! That question makes no sense!

Sophitia will commit a foundation for her E's cost. the opponent commits torn hero and the static effect commits 2 cards in sophitia's staging area. It ends there, thats it thats all.

RockStar
06-29-2010, 09:21 PM
That is what i surmise as well. I was helping out a player with his Sophitia build in the Deck Building forum, and one of his questions was about this very thing. Apparently, he spoke (i'm assuming it's a he) with Jasco and they said that Sophitia WOULD commit more foundations if TH was used against her.

My mind was blasted!!!

I just don't see how that could be the case...

Target X
06-29-2010, 10:53 PM
indeed, she doesn't have any effects that occur off of her staging being targetted by commital

ShadowDragon
06-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Ok, I think I know where the miscommunication came from. I think what was meant was that her Speed bonus or reduction for her other effect would be increased by 2.

jason
06-29-2010, 11:11 PM
I get a lot of people saying that I told someone something. I never said this. If the information is not on the forum from Jasco Games, please disregard what people are saying that I said.

As for the ruling on this card, no Sophitia can not respond with her E to commit more cards. Her E is a one time ability and an effect based on a cost. In regards to her second E, you could get extra speed bonus/reduction because torn hero was committed in this instance.

RockStar
06-30-2010, 12:46 AM
I get a lot of people saying that I told someone something. I never said this. If the information is not of the forum from Jasco Games, please disregard what people are saying that I said.

As for the ruling on this card, no Sophitia can not respond with her E to commit more cards. Her E is a one time ability and an effect based on a cost. In regards to her second E, you could get extra speed bonus/reduction because torn hero was committed in this instance.

Indeed, that is my personal policy, man: If i don't hear it from you, i don't automatically assume you said it. I was just repeating what was stated to me in another thread, and i found it a bit 'odd' since, and because you now own the game, are every bit as familiar with the Rules as most of us Vets are, and every bit a Fan, too!

Not disagreeing that Sophitia benefits from her opponent's committed cards to give her attacks speed boost. I was just in disagreement with her being able to commit her opponent's cards because her opponent committed her foundations for her.

RockStar
06-30-2010, 12:50 AM
Went back and re-read the Deck Building Post in question...the o.g. statement was if Sophitia's opponent committed Sophitia's TH, then she could further commit cards. I mis-read it the first time thru.

My bad. Please forgive.

Things are a LOT clearer. Best!, RockStar

Zues9105
06-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Yeah everyone has read my post wrong and the question was if i commited my opponents torn hero and the commited my torn hero with theirs did i get to commit two more it never had anything to do with sophitia and JascoGames you gave me the ruling yesterday at your store.

mastermajora
06-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Yeah everyone has read my post wrong and the question was if i commited my opponents torn hero and the commited my torn hero with theirs did i get to commit two more it never had anything to do with sophitia and JascoGames you gave me the ruling yesterday at your store.

you never said anything about you having a torn hero :\ . anyway, yes you can because it was committed by your opponents effect.