PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Witch vs. Assets with Breaker

aslum
02-17-2011, 11:57 PM
If the active player has a twilight witch they could react with it to put the asset used to block on top of their opponent's deck, before they could react w/ the breaker right? But if the active player was the one playing the asset as a block (to a reversal I guess) they would get to use breaker before the other player could TW the asset away. And breaker no longer is reliant upon the card w/ breaker staying in the card pool right?

Shinguyi
02-18-2011, 12:26 AM
As you say, AGR says once an ability is used, it becomes independent of the source.

Think back to Cleansing Nirvana... I think was the name (the one from Cutting Edge that once you block with it you discard it from the card pool; it has Breaker: 2).

EDIT: Also, if you are the active player, you get to return their asset before they get to respond with Breaker.

Birch
02-18-2011, 12:29 AM
There are assets with breaker!?!?!?!?!

Shinguyi
02-18-2011, 12:30 AM
There are assets with breaker!?!?!?!?!

http://img.ccgdb.com/ufs/cards/27/41.jpg

Mordai
02-18-2011, 04:00 AM
Wouldn't the scenario be like this? Attack is played, Enhance step, block step, then opponent plays their asset as a block and if they succeed you can react with twilight witch to put the card on top of their deck.
Altough I do believe you can not cancel their block this way, since twilight witch reacts first after the asset is played..

That was your question right?

SMazzurco
02-18-2011, 07:37 AM
The question is if your opponent blocks with breaker, and you play TW, can the opponent still respond with breaker?

An effect resolves independent of its source, but not sure if an "ability" does. Meaning if the ability was already played, the effect would resolve, but if the source of the effect is not there, i am not sure if you can PLAY the ability..

Shinguyi
02-18-2011, 08:05 AM
The ability breaker is no longer in the card pool, so you won't get to use breaker if the card with breaker is no longer there.

aslum
02-18-2011, 09:34 AM
The ability breaker is no longer in the card pool, so you won't get to use breaker if the card with breaker is no longer there.
Aye, it was basically a timing question, to which I was fairly certain of the answer, namely can twilight witch remove the block card (though of course the attack is still blocked) before the blocker can react w/ breaker.

SMazzurco
02-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Expand on this topic...is priority ALWAYS to the person whose turn it is? Or is it dependent on who is "active".

If you play a reversal on your opponents turn, does he or you have priority during the resolution of the reversal?

Shinguyi
02-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Turn player, at least that's what the AGR says on Responses.

2.9.3 Response [R]
Responses are abilities played or activated in reaction to a specific situation and can be
played any time during either player’s turn. The trigger for the response will be printed
immediately after the colon and will be separated from the effect by a comma. Players
alternate playing Responses to any trigger, starting with the player whose turn it is, until
both players consecutively pass on playing Responses.

So if you play an attack as a Reversal, opponent still has priority if its their turn.

GouHadou
02-18-2011, 01:32 PM
*stamp*