PDA

View Full Version : Gen Con Hotel thread

Tader_Salad
07-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the gen con hotel thread. If your planning on going and you either want to share a room or have input on great hotel choices please feel free to post.

I'm curious to know is anyone booking a hotel really close to the venue, within walking distance. Holiday Inn Express, Crown Plaza or Hampton Inn were examples I saw. I'm thinking instead of paying for a cab it would be easier to stay at a slighty more expensive hotel within walking distance. I talked to one guy at my work who stayed at a hotel near the airport and took a bus everyday for $1.50 but I'm not sure how long the routes run for.

I've never had the chance to attend worlds so any input would be appreciated.

ShadowDragon
07-01-2010, 10:05 AM
The past couple of years I went I stayed at the Westin. It's connected via skywalk to the convention, but I'm pretty sure it's going to the rediculously expensive at this point =/

HypeMan!
07-01-2010, 11:10 AM
From what I've heard, the Westin fills up with 2 hours of it being open for registration, my friend said it took him like 40 minutes to go through the whole registration for a room due to the load.

I think you're on a good track with the taking the bus in route. Honestly, I found little reason to go back to my room and I didn't have all that much to carry. Guys I stayed with last year were all doing wargaming and hauling cases of Warmachine miniatures back and forth but just carrying cards in a messenger bag isn't that cumbersome for the bus.

TripsEX
07-01-2010, 02:23 PM
As of now I don't have a place to stay at, but I have slept at a Denny's before and I am more than willing to do it again. If only Team Canada came down, I could just bring booze and that would be it.

Link
07-01-2010, 02:41 PM
As of now I don't have a place to stay at, but I have slept at a Denny's before and I am more than willing to do it again. If only Team Canada came down, I could just bring booze and that would be it.

We are coming down. Me Danny Shajir and another friend whos jus started trying UFS. So this year we do have a full room. We'll still get drunk though

HypeMan!
07-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Yay booze! :D

Cain Valentine
07-03-2010, 04:26 AM
Last year, 5 of us crashed in a 2 bed at the la quinta about 5 miles out from the convention. Once again this year 2 of us are right back in the same hotel.. ( at least we will both have a bed ) Just too expensive to stay close.. Just gotta find that 8 buck parking lot again...

ATLDrew
07-03-2010, 03:10 PM
@Cain Valentine- Me, Team Atlanta, and ScottGaines are probably going to stay at that same La Quinta. Hit us up for some games!

Tader_Salad
07-03-2010, 05:45 PM
If anyone is going and they have room left in their hotel hit me up. I will throw down on that. Right now I can't even think about requesting time off or booking a flight until I get this important piece of the puzzle taken care of. :)

It would be very nice if it was close enough to the convention center to walk, avoiding multiple expensive cab rides but if anyone has creative ideas I like those too.

Terradyne69 (@) yahoo.com

Cain Valentine
07-04-2010, 05:36 PM
@Cain Valentine- Me, Team Atlanta, and ScottGaines are probably going to stay at that same La Quinta. Hit us up for some games!

Ah mister gaines... I still owe you one from last year... Yeah ill find you guys. lol.