PDA

View Full Version : LU Chen?

ATLPiglet
03-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Does anyone have a lu chen deck list I can borrow or know his best symbol or strategy

RockStar
03-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Talk to Vapor Gecko. His Lu Chen builds give me migraines.

Da_ghetto_gamer
03-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Ive heard horror stories about vaporgeckos deck it placed well at worlds if im not mistaken as well ...i could post a list of someones in our playgroup but i doubt its the optimal build as nmy playgroup isnt the best but i can help if need be

ATLPiglet
03-09-2011, 05:53 AM
ok i WILL rember that name any1 else?

ATLPiglet
03-09-2011, 03:45 PM
can some1 please help me out!

RockStar
03-09-2011, 04:22 PM
You have several things you may consider, depending upon which symbol you decide to go with. The thing with Lu Chen, some of his themes actually overlap...

Life...To me, Life used to be the very best tricksy-defense in the game, although i believe its title has been usurped by Water. Cards like Torn Hero, Knows When to Talk..., Flexible Body all make playing defense with very little cards in hand an easy thing. If you're playing Lu Chen, then you're playing Robes of the Grandmaster, period. It's almost like playing Fury of the Ancients with Zi Me: You run them both, or you don't run that particular character, and you switch themes all together. Lunging Brushfire is the main Momentum gen of this particular deck. Reversals such as Gut Drill and Leaping Snap Kick help staunch your opponent's turn to get back to your turn all the quicker.

Good...Again, lots of overlap with Life. Torn Hero and Knows When to Talk... are staple, as are some of the gnarly damage redux: ShadoWar, for example. Dragon Lifter Combo is huge in this particular deck to press aggression on your turn.

Water...Because of all the Water support in RH (thank you Lily and Nehtali), Lu Chen is quite beastly off Water. There are tons of cards that will draw you cards, clog your opponent's card pool, and even freely commit your opponent's foundations (I'm looking at you, Into the Sunset). Plus, Water is home to the Reversal deck, something Lu can do quite well. The only problem i see, is that i'm spoiled by Torn Hero and Knows When to Talk... in tandem, and with Water, you lose Torn Hero.

Is there a particular play style that attracts you to Lu Chen, or do you look at the Old Man and say, "Wow. 28 vitality. His Chi is strong!"?

ATLPiglet
03-09-2011, 08:28 PM
THanks alot rockstar he just really intrugues me as a strong control character thats not death void or evil
I like life pretty well do u have a deck list for lu chen?

Trip Se7ens
03-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Why don't you try to put one together and we can help critique it and help you fix it?

Mordai
03-10-2011, 05:11 AM
Why don't you try to put one together and we can help critique it and help you fix it?

Could not agree more with this :)

Good/life Lu-chen messed up our meta pretty good for a while..Chi Disruptor + Enemies now friends.. instant headache. Tiras asset+ robes added the speed needed to get pass blocks..

Well, try putting some sort of list together and we could give advice. Good luck

ATLPiglet
03-10-2011, 05:59 AM
Ok thanks Guys i'm working on one now

SMazzurco
03-10-2011, 06:04 AM
lots of reversals and wrath

ATLPiglet
03-10-2011, 07:12 AM
wrath is so predictible...

SMazzurco
03-10-2011, 07:42 AM
wrath is so predictible...

Doesn't matter. You stand on traintracks. You KNOW a train is coming. Lu Chen holds you there and doesn't let you move.

Seriously it doesn't matter if a wrath is predictable, what are you going to do about it? (other than take 12+dmg to the face)

ATLPiglet
03-10-2011, 07:50 AM
Lu Chen
4x Know when to talk
4x torn hero
4x memories of a nightmare
4x hunt for jin
4x regretful existence
4x flex
4x rebirth
4x recon
Atks:
4x gut drill
4x leping snap kick
4x chi disruptor
4x double tap
assets:
3x robes
actions:
4x templar

SMazzurco
03-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Lu Chen
4x Know when to talk
4x torn hero
4x memories of a nightmare
4x hunt for jin
4x regretful existence
4x flex
4x rebirth
4x recon
Atks:
4x gut drill
4x leping snap kick
4x chi disruptor
4x double tap
assets:
3x robes
actions:
4x templar

add drossel. Replace double tap with a reversal. (i have one in mind but i don't want to give you tunnel vision).

Not sure how i feel about recon/rebirth. Lu chen likes to last. The longer the games go the better he looks. Maybe toss in some Faithful Whiteney Houstons and a few char cards. Not sure about Hunt For Jin either.

RockStar
03-10-2011, 01:34 PM
The thing about the Old Man is that he's not going to overwhelm with an Aggro Rush kind of turn. He's going to stick & move, and bob & weave...so, playing one or two attacks on your turn, then building your staging area. Then do shenanigans on your opponent's turn. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

I would consider the following:

Lunging Brush Fire for momentum gen. Can make this stick easy with all the speed buffs. If running Templar, i would consider Gallant Defender over Gut Drill, as it combos nicely to play the Life-Tempo game.

Might also consider Quick Strike + Pointing Thrust for a touch more aggression on your own Turn.

As it is, right now, the worst match up will be against another Reversal Deck. I promise you, it will be the most boring game of your life, and you will be instantly transported back in time to the Grey War era. Having a way to push through damage on your turn early on is Key.

ATLPiglet
03-10-2011, 03:53 PM
only thing about gut drill is its anti discard and a stun 2 which is so good
I like the QS idea but I already have templar and I have a ^6hs

vaporgecko
03-10-2011, 05:11 PM
I actually like Double Tap in Lu Chen. You need to have a way to deal damage on your own turn, and Double Tap gets to be a double threat, something that Lu Chen's 6HS needs desperately to push aggro while keeping enough in hand to deny Financial Troubles and still full block and reversal.

More on the crazy old bastard later. Need to get back to work.

ATLPiglet
03-10-2011, 07:17 PM
vaper gecko i need your tricks!

ATLDrew
03-15-2011, 07:19 PM
add drossel. Replace double tap with a reversal. (i have one in mind but i don't want to give you tunnel vision).

Not sure how i feel about recon/rebirth. Lu chen likes to last. The longer the games go the better he looks. Maybe toss in some Faithful Whiteney Houstons and a few char cards. Not sure about Hunt For Jin either.

Hey Sal if I guess it will you tell me? I was thinking about a Lu build the other day