View Full Version : Street Fighter X Tekken Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Shinji Mimura
04-12-2011, 06:53 PM
News:

7/31/12 - New balance patch released. DLC chars released

Grizzlegrom
04-12-2011, 06:56 PM
G2g, so I will update this post later. Til then, DISCUSS!

SF so far:

Ryu
Ken
Chun-Li
Guile
Abel

TK so far:

Kazuya
Nina
King
Marduk
Bob

I like the list so far but not sure why Bob made the cut there are so many better tekken characters :(

RockStar
04-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Cinematic Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLQ1aCOSQos

Skull_Knight
04-12-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm pretty sure Bob is REALLY popular in japan. I see him alot of promotions for the game.
Anyways i'm really liking how the tekken characters look and play on a 2D play. You can really tell that Capcom put alot of time with them with how flashy and unique their combos are.
Also anyone notice how the throws other than the command grabs are cinematics? Thats is a really cool touch to the game.
All of the trailers have me REALLY hype for the game. Can't wait till they release more footage.

Grizzlegrom
04-12-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm pretty sure Bob is REALLY popular in japan. I see him alot of promotions for the game.
Anyways i'm really liking how the tekken characters look and play on a 2D play. You can really tell that Capcom put alot of time with them with how flashy and unique their combos are.
Also anyone notice how the throws other than the command grabs are cinematics? Thats is a really cool touch to the game.
All of the trailers have me REALLY hype for the game. Can't wait till they release more footage.

Perhaps but I really hope Paul is in it since Jinn should be in for sure, Kuma might be kind of interesting on SF4 engine too lol

Shinji Mimura
04-12-2011, 08:58 PM
I like the list so far but not sure why Bob made the cut there are so many better tekken characters :(

Well, couple of things:

-He's the only character that has remained top tier since debut ;P
-He has a lot of great options with which to capitalize on
-Bob > Rufus for the "American champ that hates Ken" character
-He's a new char

Also, for those who didn't watch the interview, Ono said that he and the dev team weren't looking for rivalries, but were instead looking for "which characters naturally paired up?"

I'd say Cammy pairs up with Chun since Guile is already being dated by Abel. Not sure who pairs with Bob.

I'm hoping for Sakura-Karin, Makoto-Ibuki, as well as some new chars man (just not Hugo-Rolento. I'm getting so tired of Rolento fans crying). Tekken...eh, as long as they don't forget Bryan Fury.

BIONIC...EVERYTHIIIIIIING!

Dillon
04-12-2011, 10:17 PM
yay for abel

Hatman
04-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Guess who's got a supposed leak list going?

Birch
04-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Soo epic...

God_of_Muay_Thai
04-13-2011, 12:25 AM
This looks pretty amazing so far.cant wait to see the finished product! zangief vs kuma would be epic

Shinji Mimura
04-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Guess who's got a supposed leak list going?

I'm calling BS; Marduk and Bob aren't even mentioned, and King is listed as having "no model", despite having gameplay everywhere?

Why are there 2 Laws in the game? That makes no sense. And speaking of making no sense, why would Vega (claw) be in the game but not boxer or Sagat, both of whom are debatably more popular?

They say that the next trailer will be Paul and Ken, Chun-Li and Jun. Too bad they're only half-right.

Yeah...not feelin this one...

HypeMan!
04-13-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm hoping for some more 3S love in Cross. Come on Urien and Oro.

Hatman
04-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Yeah...not feelin this one...

Hence my "supposed".

Skull_Knight
04-13-2011, 04:18 PM
from what im assuming will be in the game will be like paul/kuma, Sakura/karin, Asuka/Lili, Dragonuv Rolento, Akuma/Heihachi, and maybe something like Vega/Yoshi, Urien/Bryan and Cammy or Viper/ Anna

Idk im just guessing based on what characters are and their comparisions to the other game. The Asuka/Lili and Sakura/Karin rivalry seems like it will most likely be put in and all of those characters would be very interesting to see in the game's engine.

Shinji Mimura
04-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Hence my "supposed".

Well, so far the leaks have been pretty good.

Anyways, I took the time to do some logical pairings since Ono said they were looking more for who pairs, not who are rivals necessarily. I came up with a few:

Blanka/Dan
Sakura/Karin
Guy/Cody
Sagat/Adon
Dictator/Seth or Akuma
Chun-Li/Gen or Cammy
Ibuki/Makoto

Heihachi/Jin
Paul/Law
Lars/Alisa or Zafina
Asuka/Lili
Julia/Ganryu
Dragunov/Raven
Bryan/Yoshimitsu
Xiaoyu/Panda
Lei/Feng

Not sure who Bob's "pair" would be, but I'm overall glad they picked him over Rufus.

I really am hoping that one character's inclusion means one's exclusion. As in, many have speculated that the King/Marduk duo mean that the Zangief/Fuerte duo won't be in the game. As such, I hope that's true. Fei long versus Law, Rufus v Bob, Bruce v Sagat, all stupid.

Mostly looking forward to Karin or Makoto from SF, Julia and Bryan from TK.

God_of_Muay_Thai
04-13-2011, 07:20 PM
But its gonna be bruce vs adon(the real king of muay thai)

HypeMan!
04-14-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm hoping some more 3rd Strikers pop up like Urien or Oro.

Shinji Mimura
04-14-2011, 01:55 PM
well, Ono DID say there'd be a "ton" of characters, and that if you think a character won't make it, you're likely second-guessing yourself.

I honestly feel that no fighting game should have a roster larger than Marvel 3, and similar to Marvel 3, I don't really want too many similar characters. That is, now that we have Nina, we don't need Anna (even though I love her so). If we get Steve, we don't need Dudley (or vice-versa).

but whatever. Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade proved a point about Ono: he is not opposed to just throw every fricken character in a game that can be thrown in, so yeah, I won't be surprised if we do wind up getting Gief, Fuerte, Honda, King, Marduk, and Ganryu all in the same game.

Hatman
04-14-2011, 02:29 PM
from what im assuming will be in the game will be like paul/kuma, Sakura/karin, Asuka/Lili, Dragonuv Rolento, Akuma/Heihachi, and maybe something like Vega/Yoshi, Urien/Bryan and Cammy or Viper/ Anna

Ono already said no Kuma.

HypeMan!
04-14-2011, 02:43 PM
I think its a fair bet that characters that directly oppose each other will be in it, ie Steve vs Dudley or Honda vs Ganryu.

Where did Ono say no Kuma? He's a huge fan favorite and he said count no one out. Besides, not having Zangief v Kuma would just be silly.

God_of_Muay_Thai
04-14-2011, 04:15 PM
I think they would put balrog in over dudley

HypeMan!
04-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Screw Balrog, Go Dudley

Shinji Mimura
04-14-2011, 05:21 PM
I think they would put balrog in over dudley

Agreed wholeheartedly, I just didn't say Balrog because Balrog plays nothing like Steve.

Yeah, sorta hopin' the 4 Shadoloo guys make it in, but if not, definitely gotta have Dictator; the guy totally got screwed over by Akuma for Marvel 3.

Wild Party Hat
04-15-2011, 10:19 AM
I don't understand why they are even comparing Street Fighter to Tekken. Ryu alone makes any Tekken character look like a baby girl.

Hatman
04-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Where did Ono say no Kuma? He's a huge fan favorite and he said count no one out. Besides, not having Zangief v Kuma would just be silly.

One of the Captivate interviews, IIRC - he said count no one out but specifically mentioned no Kuma. I may have read that wrong.

HypeMan!
04-15-2011, 02:08 PM
I feel like that would have popped up somewhere, cause people are assuming that Kuma is already in when he said that anyone is possible and Tekken is known for some of the weirder characters like animals.

God_of_Muay_Thai
04-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Ono is one of the biggest trolls ever so if he said no kuma i don't believe him.

JinKazama
04-15-2011, 06:15 PM
no sean luv?

I don't understand why they are even comparing Street Fighter to Tekken. Ryu alone makes any Tekken character look like a baby girl.

Jin > Ryu

E.Ryu = Devil Jin

Dillon
04-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Abel>All

Shinji Mimura
05-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Now that Sagat has been spoiled, the "roster leak" is looking even more false due to yet another character not appearing on their list...

Added Cammy and Sagat to the list (yay for Bob Sagat jokes). Really interested in seeing what types of extended combos can be done with them given the new partner switch button, and also seeing if any of their moves have been changed like Ken's Tatsumaki.

Also wondering how people overcome the volly of Tiger Spam Sagat will inevitably produce.

Hatman
05-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Added Cammy and Sagat to the list (yay for Bob Sagat jokes).
http://i.imgur.com/Gha1p.jpg

Shinji Mimura
05-20-2011, 10:31 PM
That would be it :)

Shinji Mimura
05-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Added Julia to the list. She's my favorite Tekken character, and definitely not one of the most "popular" of the top tier chars, so it's really exciting to see her in it. I wanna run her with Sagat so I can spam her elbows then switch into his knees :D

Hatman
06-07-2011, 11:12 AM
So... Cole McGrath for PSVita.

Discuss.

Link
06-07-2011, 12:01 PM
aww is it only Vita hes in? damn

Hatman
06-07-2011, 12:02 PM
aww is it only Vita hes in? damn

After seeing footage I'm damn glad he ain't anywhere else.

HypeMan!
06-07-2011, 01:17 PM
He's on both PSV and PS3 versions.

Hatman
06-07-2011, 01:46 PM
He's on both PSV and PS3 versions.

Welp looks like I'm buying this one on 360 then.

Link
06-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Why so much hate for Cole McGrath?

HypeMan!
06-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Same reason hate on Kratos for MK. Everyone bitches about random characters getting in their sacred franchises. Or for console exclusives in general.

Shinji Mimura
06-08-2011, 01:49 AM
...? I think guest characters are awesome. I mean, crossovers are exactly that right? A slew of guest characters in one game? I never played the game that Cole came from though, but I'll check him out.

All I know is, man, I watched all the E3 trailers as well as the Seth Killian demo, and yeah, the game is absolute legit. Also glad mah girl Julia, while low on health, has so many Yun and Yang moves but doen't appear to be nearly as broken :)

Patorobok
06-08-2011, 11:32 AM
SF X TK in youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93or_lEsWo4&feature=player_embedded

hahahahaha

Hatman
06-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Same reason hate on Kratos for MK. Everyone bitches about random characters getting in their sacred franchises. Or for console exclusives in general.
Kratos in SC I was skeptical. Kratos in MK doesn't jar that much against the franchise. Dante in SMT:Nocturne was actually a :):):):)ing good decision because I'd dare say it kickstarted the interest for the series in NA.

What does Cole bring to SFxT? An interesting character? After seeing the footage, :):):):) no. That tornado is a blight upon the game.

Hatman
06-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Something pretty cool flavor-wise is that we have win quotes exclusive to the loser of the second round, rather than the generic stuff we often get. Each character has one win quote against each character.

Shinji Mimura
07-07-2011, 12:00 PM
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/07/street-fighter-x-tekken-new-challenger-trailer-teaser/

Any guesses? I'm definitely going with Dhalsim. Much more likely than any of the Sean, Eddie Gordo, Dee Jay, or Adon guesses.

HypeMan!
07-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Feel like the skin tone is to light for Dhalsim. Or Sean for that matter. So logic strikes my thought of Raven. I'll have to get on my compute at home after work and see if I can make any guess.

Skull_Knight
07-07-2011, 02:18 PM
That is Dhalsim. You can see part of his elephant and bead and :):):):). Trust me im good at jigsaw puzzles.

HypeMan!
07-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Yeah, paused on 720 full screen and you can see his torso, its pretty obvious its Dhalsim. I'm curious how he'll mesh, zoning in SFxT doesn't sound like a easy task atm.

Hatman
07-07-2011, 09:23 PM
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/07/street-fighter-x-tekken-new-challenger-trailer-teaser/

Any guesses? I'm definitely going with Dhalsim. Much more likely than any of the Sean, Eddie Gordo, Dee Jay, or Adon guesses.
It's 'sim. The way they've been releasing the trailers, it can't be anyone but him. When they released the Cammy "teaser", it was to follow the fact that Chun-Li didn't have a partner in the game yet. Same for the Bob/Julia team. Keep in mind the characters are supposed to be teamed up "in-storyline" (we all know how much this is bollocks, but still), which eliminates Sean, Dee Jay and Adon since Sagat wouldn't team with them, only Dhalsim is left, and well, they can always go the UDON comics route if they really want to explain it away.

Not only that, but am I the only one who is thinking that the last picture we see is of the lotus position?

Me, I'm more scared of what he'll be able to do at range. Zoning may be hard, but I'm guessing you'll be able to magic series from way too far.

Shinji Mimura
07-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Same for the Bob/Julia team. Keep in mind the characters are supposed to be teamed up "in-storyline" (we all know how much this is bollocks, but still), which eliminates Sean, Dee Jay and Adon since Sagat wouldn't team with them, only Dhalsim is left, and well, they can always go the UDON comics route if they really want to explain it away.

Me, I'm more scared of what he'll be able to do at range. Zoning may be hard, but I'm guessing you'll be able to magic series from way too far.

Couple of things

1. I don't see why Bob and Julia would team-up. Bob wants to beat larger foes than he, which is why he bulked up. Julia wants to rejuvenate the forest. The only partners I can think of for her are T Hawk, Jun, or Ganryu (or E Honda since he looks like Ganryu).

2. I don't think Dhalsim is going to be paired with Sagat for any reason whatsoever, nor do I think each trailer relates to the batch before it. Sagat may not have a partner, but for 1, he already partners with Ryu, and 2, Adon could pair with him since Sagat was formerly his teacher, or if they through Bruce Irvine into the mix, well.

3. If Dhalsim is to be thrown in with somebody I'd honestly think it to be Zafina (who better pairs with Rose). Who does Dhalsim honestly team with from Street Fighter?

4. I was thinking the same, and honestly, I don't think he has magic series on his long-range standing pokes. If that's the case...good God :/

Hatman
07-07-2011, 10:58 PM
1. I don't see why Bob and Julia would team-up. Bob wants to beat larger foes than he, which is why he bulked up. Julia wants to rejuvenate the forest. The only partners I can think of for her are T Hawk, Jun, or Ganryu (or E Honda since he looks like Ganryu).
First thing they said was "No inter-company match-ups. The X is because they hate each other." So... that ain't going to happen. Sure, we can pick (and likely will) from every character on the roster. Just that the presentations will have Capcom teams and Namco teams. Like, the first character teasers we had were for Cammy, Sagat, Julia and Hwaorang. From the character select screen, you had Ryu and Ken, followed by Guile and Abel, followed by Chun-Li and Cammy (Teaser 1) and then Sagat (Teaser 2), alone. On the Tekken side, same thing : Kazuya/Nina, King/Marduk, Bob/Julia (Teaser 3) and Hwaorang (Teaser 4) alone.

Again, that may not be the case, but from what they've done so far, it is. And Sagat/Dhalsim makes more sense than Sagat/Adon, seeing as Adon wants to pretty much end Sagat for getting his ass kicked by Ryu. He wouldn't team with Sagat even if his life depended on it.

2. I don't think Dhalsim is going to be paired with Sagat for any reason whatsoever, nor do I think each trailer relates to the batch before it. Sagat may not have a partner, but for 1, he already partners with Ryu, and 2, Adon could pair with him since Sagat was formerly his teacher, or if they through Bruce Irvine into the mix, well.
Again, no inter-company crossover for the videos. They're beating up each other and that's what they'll show. Note that the pairings may not always make sense (Bob with Julia, what?) and what I've heard as speculation has Hwaorang teaming with Steve Fox. What the :):):):)?

4. I was thinking the same, and honestly, I don't think he has magic series on his long-range standing pokes. If that's the case...good God :/

Yeah, but he won't be able to follow up after that, when I think about it.

That being said, I'm probably the only one who wants Hugo/Rolento in.

Shinji Mimura
07-08-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm thinking Steve will pair with Paul, unless Law makes it into the game.

And yeah, I'm really thinking Julia's partner is later on in the game. Sadly, her options are limited.

I still can't think of a Dhalsim partner on the SF side. Maybe Rose?

Shinji Mimura
07-21-2011, 06:35 PM
HUGE news today:

Hugo, Cody, Guy, Yoshimitsu, Dhalsim, Steve, and POISON all confirmed for SFxT.

Also, some weird 4-on-4 mode is shown.

HypeMan!
07-21-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm expecting 3 more Tekken characters before SDCC ends now.

Hatman
07-21-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm thinking Steve will pair with Paul, unless Law makes it into the game.

And yeah, I'm really thinking Julia's partner is later on in the game. Sadly, her options are limited.

I still can't think of a Dhalsim partner on the SF side. Maybe Rose?
Check the official trailer - you see 'sim with Sagat, and Hwoarang with Steve.

Shinji Mimura
07-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Check the official trailer - you see 'sim with Sagat, and Hwoarang with Steve.

I thought those were temporary :/. Eh...I can kind of get Dhalsim/Sagat, Hwoarang/Steve, but Julia/Bob? Wha?...

Also, 's pretty obvious Poison pairs with Hugo, and Yoshimitsu with Raven. Despite the fact that Sodom is rumored to be in the game, as much as I'd like to see his return, this isn't Final Fight vs Tekken :/

Hatman
07-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Also, 's pretty obvious Poison pairs with Hugo, and Yoshimitsu with Raven. Despite the fact that Sodom is rumored to be in the game, as much as I'd like to see his return, this isn't Final Fight vs Tekken :/
Yah, Haggar is only there as a cameo. No way he's in.

Yoshi with Raven? I don't know... although it's likely. Both ninjas.

Also, Steve Fox with Hwoarang isn't that farfetched considering that Steve partnered with Paul/Law to further his training.

If Sodom is in the game, so is Rolento. And technically they'd be Street Fighter Alpha reps, not FF.

DabalRowRaizah
07-27-2011, 05:54 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/27/these-two-characters-are-not-in-street-fighter-x-tekken-paul-might-make-the-cut/

"On the Street Fighter side, I can tell you Dan will not be in the game," Ono said followed by a few chuckles. "You may remember he was killed by a Tekken character at Comic-Con last year, so he won’t be in Street Fighter x Tekken."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncsHQ_psTEg
NEVER FORGET

Hatman
07-27-2011, 06:59 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/27/these-two-characters-are-not-in-street-fighter-x-tekken-paul-might-make-the-cut/

"On the Street Fighter side, I can tell you Dan will not be in the game," Ono said followed by a few chuckles. "You may remember he was killed by a Tekken character at Comic-Con last year, so he won’t be in Street Fighter x Tekken."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncsHQ_psTEg
NEVER FORGET
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO........... eeeh who cares really.

What I want to know is if PAUL is in? Since he's pretty much gotten dumbed down to Dan levels in Tekkenverse.

HypeMan!
07-27-2011, 07:47 PM
For me and my friend, he wants Lars and Jun, I want Urien and Oro.

Shinji Mimura
07-30-2011, 07:12 PM
Kuma and Ibuki confirmed. Hoping Ibuki means Makoto comes...

Hatman
07-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Kuma and Ibuki confirmed. Hoping Ibuki means Makoto comes...
Not "confirmed" - they're just teased right now.

Shinji Mimura
07-30-2011, 11:05 PM
Eh...Hugo, Cody, and Guy are rumored. Those teaser trailers are confirmations, but only if you can tell who they are.

Hatman
07-31-2011, 12:48 PM
Eh...Hugo, Cody, and Guy are rumored. Those teaser trailers are confirmations, but only if you can tell who they are.
Well, yeah.

And to be honest, it's hard to tease a giant brown bear without revealing who it is.

If it wasn't for the cockroach hair, I'd not think the second on is Ibuki.

I am not pleased.

Hatman
08-15-2011, 12:08 PM
I rescind my statement about Cole McGrath being the worst character in the game. That award goes to Kuma and his super fart.

HypeMan!
08-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Gonna fart on you

Hatman
08-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Gonna fart on you
And I'll applaud every second of it. Preferably, in your face. (:):):):) yes Hugooooooooooo)

HypeMan!
08-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Yes. Hugo. Big.

Skull_Knight
08-15-2011, 09:04 PM
I have this feeling in my stomach that Yoshi is going to be top tier...

Also the Battle System looks AMAZING in this game. So ridiculously hype for this game.

Shinji Mimura
08-17-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm liking Raven and Ibuki. 's a shame their limelight is being stolen by OMFG HUGE Hugo and OMFJ KUMA FART WTF?

I'm really hoping the "foot" in Ibuki's water splash is Makoto's and not Elena's :|

Hatman
08-17-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm liking Raven and Ibuki. 's a shame their limelight is being stolen by OMFG HUGE Hugo and OMFJ KUMA FART WTF?

I'm really hoping the "foot" in Ibuki's water splash is Makoto's and not Elena's :|
Pretty sure it's Makoto.

Also, Raven has a projectile. What.

TripsEX
08-17-2011, 08:41 PM
This game looks crazy.

HypeMan!
08-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Raven has a projectile in T6 but its a costume accessory, 2 half shuriken he combines and throws.

Shinji Mimura
08-18-2011, 04:40 AM
Pretty sure it's Makoto.

Also, Raven has a projectile. What.

If memory of 3S serves me correctly, isn't Makoto sort of a friendly rival to Ibuki? Does Elena even have any relationship to Ibuki?

I'm okay with a ninja (Raven) having a projectile. Besides what Halbard said, Raven's Tekken art has him holding kunais. Kinda stupid to never use them. Whatever the case is, I'm not so sure how often he will be using them anyways :|

Hatman
08-18-2011, 09:30 AM
If memory of 3S serves me correctly, isn't Makoto sort of a friendly rival to Ibuki? Does Elena even have any relationship to Ibuki?
In 3S, Elena travels the world and makes friends with both, but Ibuki/Makoto is pretty much the rivalry.

Either that or I've been reading too much femmeslash fanfiction. In the very early 2000's.

Shinji Mimura
08-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Well, Elena's rivals only include Hugo and Makoto, so it doesn't really seem likely that it's her (even thoug she was a foreign exchange student in Japan). Ibuki's rivals (over the course of the games) have been Sakura, Guy, Oro, and Makoto, so yeah, I'm still going with Makoto, though Oro would be...interesting.

Hatman
08-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Well, Elena's rivals only include Hugo and Makoto, so it doesn't really seem likely that it's her (even thoug she was a foreign exchange student in Japan). Ibuki's rivals (over the course of the games) have been Sakura, Guy, Oro, and Makoto, so yeah, I'm still going with Makoto, though Oro would be...interesting.
I honestly doubt it. I could have seen Ryu/Oro, but not Ibuki/Oro.

Akuma72
08-18-2011, 08:30 PM
not being bias or anything but how could you be hype for this game, they are having 2 versions, one street fighter 4 version and the other tekken 6. I love both street fighter and tekken but they are just recycling the sames games, they should of made a new system that blends the street fighter gameplay and tekken gameplay.

HypeMan!
08-18-2011, 10:19 PM
That's exactly what SFxT is doing. Ono himself said in an interview that's what they were doing, because just making Tekken characters "street fighter-y" and sticking them in there wouldn't have worked. What would be the point then. He said that they built the combat system from the ground up. As far as SF4 version and T6 version, that's only because they are using those rendering engines and art styles.

Hatman
08-18-2011, 11:38 PM
That's exactly what SFxT is doing. Ono himself said in an interview that's what they were doing, because just making Tekken characters "street fighter-y" and sticking them in there wouldn't have worked. What would be the point then. He said that they built the combat system from the ground up. As far as SF4 version and T6 version, that's only because they are using those rendering engines and art styles.
Simply put, no matter WHO made the game, someone was going to complain.

Doing this, both Capcom and Namco have a chance at profit as well as a good opportunity to reinvent characters that weren't familiar to them. For example, Harada said that Ryu would be getting a whole lot more normals in TxSF and that he would keep his hadouken. I wouldn't be surprised if the SRK or the Tatsu became normals that you could chain into from some punches and kicks here and there.

Akuma72
08-18-2011, 11:50 PM
but the thing is, if I what to play street fighter 4, i would play SF4, and same with Tekken 6, I would like a new system for this crossover. I know its hard to mix SF with tekken but they did it with MVC3 making it high jumps, combos and powerful characters.

HypeMan!
08-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Again. They are making a new system. They are adding juggling, tag cancels, a unique control system option for Tekken characters. Like I said, Ono said that they designed the system from the ground up encorperating both properties into one in a new and unique way.

As for your example, MvC3 is really just the capcom fighting game design on steroids. SFxT is very unique and is being built from the ground up.

Shinji Mimura
08-19-2011, 02:05 AM
Here's how I know SFxT isn't the same as SF4:

I actually want to play it.

SF is a slower, waiting-man's game, whereas Marvel/Tekken is very in your face with attacking non-stop. SFxT is right in the middle, exactly where I want my fighting games to be.

Akuma72
08-19-2011, 02:37 AM
well I just don't like it, I'm not saying you should not buy it, I'm just telling my opinion on it and yes I know they did add some tekken elements to SFxT but it still feel like a SF4 with tekken characters.

I found the cinematic trailer to be very bad, with the water effects and the bad pop music, do you agree?

HypeMan!
08-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Eh, I like Hollywood Undead. The stylistic effects are fine with me, that's just the style of SF.

Also, you said feel, you've gotten a chance to try it out?

Skull_Knight
08-19-2011, 10:59 AM
its going to be Rival Schools 3 YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

That is why I am excited about it.

Hatman
08-19-2011, 11:15 AM
well I just don't like it, I'm not saying you should not buy it, I'm just telling my opinion on it and yes I know they did add some tekken elements to SFxT but it still feel like a SF4 with tekken characters.
That would be because that's what it is and that's why they're making T6 with SF characters (rather, TTT2 with SF characters)

Shinji Mimura
08-19-2011, 12:27 PM

I found the cinematic trailer to be very bad, with the water effects and the bad pop music, do you agree?

Nah. Love the cinematic trailers. Very uplifting and hype-filled. The way I see it:

-Two chars
-Tag out
-Tag cancel (similar to FADC sure but in a much different way)
-Alpha counter (with launcher)
-Cross Rush mechanic
-Marvel-style super arts
-Whiffing normals builds meter (for now)
-Combos that go on for pretty long, not as long as Marvel, way longer than SF4
-Tekken chars

I'm honestly thinking the only reason you think it's SF4 is because the art is the same. If these were 2D hand-drawn sprites, the ONLY thing SFxT and SF4 would have in common would be EX moves, and it's not like this game is like 3S, which also has EX moves.

With all the reasons listed above, and the fact that I think this looks fun, I just can't agree this is SF4 except when it comes to the art, which I agree is the same. The thing is, that's nothing new for Capcom. Look at the Marvel series. We never saw new art til Marvel 3...so....yeah...

HypeMan!
08-19-2011, 02:52 PM
That's cause the legacy of the marvel series were all built on the same board and with the same engine so it was like, wait all this sprites are drawn to the same degree... PUT THEM IN MARVEL! I still hold hope that my beloved Amingo will come back. Him and his little cactus minions... o how I miss them.

Hatman
08-19-2011, 03:32 PM
The Final Fight cinematic made me cream my jeans. If Paul don't make it in (and Ono almost blurted out that he did on his Twitter), I'm going for Team Handcuffs I think.

Shinji Mimura
08-21-2011, 08:31 AM
The Final Fight cinematic made me cream my jeans. If Paul don't make it in (and Ono almost blurted out that he did on his Twitter), I'm going for Team Handcuffs I think.

Team Handcuffs is...Cody and...Guile? ;)

So, if anybody has seen the (Mexican?) skateboarding stage, you should have noticed El Fuerte ('s restaurante), Yun and Yang.

If they are given the same treatment as Alex and Kunimitsu, then I believe that means the 3 of them are all disconfirmed <3.

Hatman
08-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Team Handcuffs is...Cody and...Guile? ;)
Nice ref, but no.

Shinji Mimura
09-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Two new trailers up. Heihachi confirmed, meaning he is surely Kuma's partner, and Rolento confirmed, pretty much confirming the rumors of Sodom being his tag partner, making this game officially Final Fight X Tekken.

I find it funny. The fans let their vaginas bleed, we got Strider in UMvC3. Then their vaginas bled even more, so we get Rolento.

Those poor, poor Megaman fans ;P. I also hope Ibuki's partner is Makoto so all those Elena fans can stop existing. Why Elena has such a huge fanbase I don't know.

HypeMan!
09-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Nope. Heihachi and SEAN

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

Skull_Knight
09-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Two new trailers up. Heihachi confirmed, meaning he is surely Kuma's partner, and Rolento confirmed, pretty much confirming the rumors of Sodom being his tag partner, making this game officially Final Fight X Tekken.

I find it funny. The fans let their vaginas bleed, we got Strider in UMvC3. Then their vaginas bled even more, so we get Rolento.

Those poor, poor Megaman fans ;P. I also hope Ibuki's partner is Makoto so all those Elena fans can stop existing. Why Elena has such a huge fanbase I don't know.

Your Rolento quote offends me sir. I am not afraid to fist fight someone over Rolento being in a game.

HAVE AT THEE!!!

Hatman
09-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Because she's an actually interesting character as opposed to female!Ryu with no fireball? Which is saying something because the depth of Elena's character stops at her bra cups.

Also, your hate of Final Fight is showing. Final Fight is actually awesome.

Shinji Mimura
09-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Because she's an actually interesting character as opposed to female!Ryu with no fireball? Which is saying something because the depth of Elena's character stops at her bra cups.

Also, your hate of Final Fight is showing. Final Fight is actually awesome.

Honestly, neither are really that interesting. Elena is supposed to be a "capoeira" fighter, but as with most SF "martial artists", I feel she kinda fails at what she was intended to be. Also, she's an "African" princess, yet neither she nor her family look African. Why is she in Japan, then in Europe later? Who knows.

Makoto isn't much better, simply trying to support a dojo. The reason why Makoto was one of the select few to make it into SSF4 is because of the impact she had in 3S and because her 6 extra "command, ground normals" made her one of the more unique ones.

Not hating, just really confused as to why Elena has a fanbase. Like, the Urien fanbase? I get them. The Rolento one? Them too. But Elena? Eh...Elena fans just remind me of us Necro fans, except more whiney /:

Also I definitely don't hate Final Fight. I just...I'm pretty sure we're going to see 6 FF chars, and with a roster that is limited due to it being divided in half, I really want all those slots to be spent wisely. I definitely respect that they are bringing back older chars that didn't make it into AE, and a lot of the FF chars have a rich SF history, but...meh...

Whatever the case is, I thought Rolento was oodles of fun in A2, so I'm sure he'll be quite interesting in this game as well.

Oh, and new Char trailers next week :3

Hatman
09-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Thing is, Rolento fits this game so well because Tekken is all about goofy, unrealistic military outfits. He'll be a perfect foil for Dragunov if Dragunov makes it in (which I doubt).

Shinji Mimura
09-03-2011, 03:13 AM
Thing is, Rolento fits this game so well because Tekken is all about goofy, unrealistic military outfits. He'll be a perfect foil for Dragunov if Dragunov makes it in (which I doubt).

Oh I completely agree. When the game was first announced, I figured he would be paired with Hugo, and thought that his style was likely to add as much CvS2ness to the game as he could.

Not expecting Drag to make it into the game, which is sad, but I'm glad they're taking the approach to have "team mates" rather than "Bob vs Rufus, Bruce vs Sagat" kinds of matchings that people were first talking about.

Also, have you seen the spoil list from Lupinko? The new one, that has so far proven itself accurate? I've never been one for spoilers, but it's looking pretty official, and if it is, I'm kinda disappointed in the adding of Zangief to this game.

Hatman
09-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Also, have you seen the spoil list from Lupinko? The new one, that has so far proven itself accurate? I've never been one for spoilers, but it's looking pretty official, and if it is, I'm kinda disappointed in the adding of Zangief to this game.

Hugo and Zangief play entirely differently, but I see what you mean. He's the whitest bread of SF.

Shinji Mimura
09-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Hugo and Zangief play entirely differently, but I see what you mean. He's the whitest bread of SF.

Well, when I saw King and Marduk, I was like "hmm...guess Zangief's not gonna be in this one. Too many wrestlers would be bleh." Then Hugo was confirmed, and I was like, "yeah, definitely no Zangief."

Truly, I'm just curious as to how he'd transition. In spite of his size, Hugo seems to be able to get around the stage quite well, as do King and Marduk. Zangief...he's just kinda a "green hand SPD, lather rinse repeat" kinda guy.

R Mika could be interesting, but I've yet to see good R Mika footage since she was only in A3, and I herd she was quite bad.

Hatman
09-04-2011, 08:40 PM
R Mika could be interesting, but I've yet to see good R Mika footage since she was only in A3, and I herd she was quite bad.
A straight up game like SF doesn't fit Mika well. She can't combo into grabs and honestly, that's what she would need the most. Especially her Paradise Hold.

Shinji Mimura
09-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Well sure...but this is SFxT where it seems most everything combos into one another, including throws.

Hatman
09-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Well sure...but this is SFxT where it seems most everything combos into one another, including throws.
Exactly - they'll need to severely nerf the range on Paradise Hold if they want to give it SPD damage, although if they kept the A3 damage I certainly wouldn't mind. If she is indeed in there I have zero idea who I'm going to end up playing. I'm going to try and main Paul if he's in there, but man.

HypeMan!
09-05-2011, 01:41 PM
In my mind this is a new game. Previously used ranges and damages, generally, mean nothing. Comboing properties, range and damage (within reason), hit stun, and additional properties are all up in the air.

Hatman
09-05-2011, 01:55 PM
In my mind this is a new game. Previously used ranges and damages, generally, mean nothing. Comboing properties, range and damage (within reason), hit stun, and additional properties are all up in the air.
True but they're not going to be drastically different. Perhaps for the characters we haven't seen in a while, yes but anyone who's been in SFIV shouldn't play all that much differently beyond the aggressive slant of the game.

HypeMan!
09-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Well like any update, hit boxes can change, damage can be tweaked, comboing properties altered creating new combos and undoing old ones, even speed and the number of frames. And this is a whole new game with a whole new engine. I doubt Guile is going to be Dhalsim stretching all over the places, and Ryu will probably keep his kick into hadouken combo, but past the obvious, I won't expect anything.

Shinji Mimura
09-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Well like any update, hit boxes can change, damage can be tweaked, comboing properties altered creating new combos and undoing old ones, even speed and the number of frames.

Hit boxes...such as one of Julia's ground normals OTG'ing

(I mention this because the attack hits mid)

Shinji Mimura
09-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Lily and Zangief confirmed, practically cementing Asuka and R. Mika's presence in the game. Ibuki STILL without a partner :O

Hatman
09-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Lily and Zangief confirmed, practically cementing Asuka and R. Mika's presence in the game. Ibuki STILL without a partner :O
Yeah, the trailers are up.

Also, notice how the partners were never really spoiled prior to the actual event. Like, say, we knew Yoshi was in the game but we never saw Raven's reveal trailer until the event he was revealed at. Same with Hugo.

I'm guessing that TGS will give us those, too. Meaning, Makoto and Kuma's partner will be revealed at TGS and not via trailer.

Shinji Mimura
09-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Yeah, the trailers are up.

Also, notice how the partners were never really spoiled prior to the actual event. Like, say, we knew Yoshi was in the game but we never saw Raven's reveal trailer until the event he was revealed at. Same with Hugo.

I'm guessing that TGS will give us those, too. Meaning, Makoto and Kuma's partner will be revealed at TGS and not via trailer.

Not sure I agree with that, ONLY because Heihachi HAS to be Kuma's partner. I mean...I guess Paul could be his partner, but their rivalry isn't exactly friendly, and I don't know who else Heihachi'd pair with.

I'm just hoping they don't say Rolento is Ibuki's partner; that'd be just ridiculous.

Hatman
09-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Not sure I agree with that, ONLY because Heihachi HAS to be Kuma's partner. I mean...I guess Paul could be his partner, but their rivalry isn't exactly friendly, and I don't know who else Heihachi'd pair with.

I'm just hoping they don't say Rolento is Ibuki's partner; that'd be just ridiculous.
That's the thing, we'll know when TGS hits.

HypeMan!
09-12-2011, 09:23 AM
And lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVe-em3241k

Shinji Mimura
09-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Well, if Rufus winds up in the game as shown, then it looks like we have yet another spoiler list that may wind up being incorrect.

Who would Rufus even be paired up with? Zangief? o_O...

Hatman
09-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Well, if Rufus winds up in the game as shown, then it looks like we have yet another spoiler list that may wind up being incorrect.

Who would Rufus even be paired up with? Zangief? o_O...
Pretty much this. We'll see when we actually see the game. Considering how Rufus got owned, I think it may be like Haggar in that "Gets bodied = Not in game."

HypeMan!
09-12-2011, 06:12 PM
I still pray for Oro and Lars....

JinKazama
09-13-2011, 06:05 AM
I like how the teaser trailer wit the basket ball trolled the fux outta me I got excited and thought sean was gonna be in this game

RockStar
09-13-2011, 08:51 AM
And lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVe-em3241k

THAT. Was funny as all get out! ROTFLMAO!!

HypeMan!
09-13-2011, 09:31 AM
I'd watch a whole movie of that.

I still want Oro. And probably Blanka. And Lars and Jin.

ATLDrew
09-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Rolento confirmed. Day 1 buy.

Hatman
09-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Rolento confirmed. Day 1 buy.
His Super Art is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssss... Seriously, the hanging should have been his!

Shinji Mimura
09-13-2011, 04:10 PM
I like all the nods to past games in the super arts. Shippu Jinrai Kyaku Ken (SF3), Cammy's Quick Combination (SSF4), Yoga Strike Dhalsim (MvC2), Total Wipeout Guile (Capcom Fighting Evolution), etc.

Shinji Mimura
09-13-2011, 07:39 PM
WOW!....

New vids all over the place. Pandora Mode is lookin great. 2-player teams is a great addition. All is making this game look epic...

except for one thing...

...why is Ibuki paired with Rolento :|

HypeMan!
09-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Pandora mode looks like Shin Megami Tron.

Hatman
09-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Pandora mode looks like Shin Megami Tron.
Rather, Avatar Tuner/Digital Devil Saga.

Shinji, maybe Rolento hired Ibuki's ninja village?

Shinji Mimura
09-14-2011, 01:00 AM
Rather, Avatar Tuner/Digital Devil Saga.

Shinji, maybe Rolento hired Ibuki's ninja village?

So...is Rolento actually a villain? Or simply an anti-hero?

Also, Capcom really raising the bar on WTF moments, Toro the cat and Kuro the cat confirmed for SFxT Vita version...

...yep...cats...

Hatman
09-14-2011, 01:25 AM
So...is Rolento actually a villain? Or simply an anti-hero?
Well, Final Fight actually depicted Mad Gear as a gang that unified pretty much every single undesirable in modern society, whether they did criminal activities or not (which, well, they mostly did). Rolento is more of an ineffectual villain than anything. Utopia through superior soldiers and firepower.

However, he doesn't want to do it via brainwashing. Eh, I don't know. Rolento looks like he's being portrayed as a cloud cuckoolander with grenades. I wouldn't be surprised if his goals were a lot more noble in this one than before.

ATLDrew
09-14-2011, 04:54 PM
WOW!....

New vids all over the place. Pandora Mode is lookin great. 2-player teams is a great addition. All is making this game look epic...

except for one thing...

...why is Ibuki paired with Rolento :|

Because Ibuki has good taste in men.

@Hatman - Yeah but the hanging super caught a lot of flak for being... well a hanging. I actually kinda like the style of the new super.

Bought to watch Pandora mode trailer. Still need pants from Vergil reveal.

Hatman
09-14-2011, 05:15 PM
@Hatman - Yeah but the hanging super caught a lot of flak for being... well a hanging. I actually kinda like the style of the new super.
It remains the best super ever.

Shinji Mimura
09-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Pandora mode explained. Infinite super and EX, powered up moves, but 7 seconds to live...

Sounds worthwhile.

Also 50% Lili combos, whoohoo :D

Hatman
09-16-2011, 12:58 PM
from the official site's bio page for Ibuki :
"Trained from infancy to become a ninja. Although she carries out her duties, in reality she dreams of living a normal, high school girl life. She has a fascination with pop idols, but when she is tasked with a responsibility, she is always reliable. Ibuki is forced to accept Rolento's mission request by her village leaders, and the two of them head for the South Pole."

Hatman
10-07-2011, 04:30 PM
New teasers are up. 3 of them this time. I have no idea who they are except maybe the second one which SCREAMS Dee Jay.

Lord of Mudkips
10-07-2011, 08:10 PM
from the official site's bio page for Ibuki :
"Trained from infancy to become a ninja. Although she carries out her duties, in reality she dreams of living a normal, high school girl life. She has a fascination with pop idols, but when she is tasked with a responsibility, she is always reliable. Ibuki is forced to accept Rolento's mission request by her village leaders, and the two of them head for the South Pole."

We so hoped to have a team-up Rolento-Sodom...

Hatman
10-07-2011, 08:55 PM
We so hoped to have a team-up Rolento-Sodom...
I know. I want to believe.

Shinji Mimura
10-07-2011, 09:22 PM
New teasers are up. 3 of them this time. I have no idea who they are except maybe the second one which SCREAMS Dee Jay.

Agreed, although some suggested Feng. But yeah, if that's not Dee Jay, Idk who. Lupinko currently exposed for neglecting Ibuki-Rolento team up and Balrog.

On the Balrog note, Capcom confirmed for racist after giving us a hint: his lips :/

Juri
??? (Dee Jay)
Balrog

Hatman
10-07-2011, 10:07 PM
The gloves are off for Juri (IIRC she doesn't wear any) and they wouldn't spoil 3 Capcom characters. Also, unless that's an alternate color, this can't be Balrog.

Feng also does not wear his hair like that. I'm still thinking it's Dee Jay.

Also, that list that was credited to Lupinko was actually a fake from someone else.

guitalex2010
10-07-2011, 11:00 PM
The gloves are off for Juri (IIRC she doesn't wear any) http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=juri+han+gloves

The lesson to be learned is that as long as the internet exists, memory is useless.

"Hmm... who sings that song I heard on the radio? All I remember is the lyric 'looking sick and sexified'."

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=looking+sick+and+sexified+lyrics

Boom. Pwned by the internet's ultimate knowledge.

Hatman
10-08-2011, 07:52 AM
And that as long as the internet exists, smug bastards will wave their :):):):) in your face rather than simply correct your incorrect assumption.

That being said, the 3rd character has to be on the Tekken side now.

Shinji Mimura
10-08-2011, 11:20 AM
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/oct/08/closer-look-sfxt-teaser-trailers-bgs/

Eventhubs seems to think it's Juri, VEGA, and Balrog.

It'd make sense since a while back Ono trolled us with the Shadaloo insignia, and Balrog could be with Vega, Juri with Dictator.

Skull_Knight
10-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Ya'll being trolled. Its Juri/Dee Jay(or Bryan Fury?)/R. Mika. They throw out random images and show a real one with the collage page. The last pic on promo 3 shows blue spandex and frills.

HypeMan!
10-08-2011, 12:35 PM
My friend thinks there is R. Mika in one of the teasers. He's excited.

Shinji Mimura
10-08-2011, 08:49 PM
R Mika is the most likely tag team partner of 'gief, true, but if they used Balrog's clothes and lips to allude to R Mika...

...that's like, a GIGANTIC stretch.

Hatman
10-08-2011, 10:47 PM
R Mika is the most likely tag team partner of 'gief, true, but if they used Balrog's clothes and lips to allude to R Mika...
Plus, there's Ono's hint where he said "Wouldn't it be interesting if Zangief was paired up with another giant...?"

Trailer 1 : Juri, Dan, C.Viper - We know Dan has been Xed out already. Between Juri and C.Viper, I think it's going to be Juri. If C.Viper shows up, it's probably going to be as an Edit character.

Trailer 2 : ????, Dee Jay, Zangief (alt) - Zangief is already in the game so it cannot be him. My guess is ????. Mostly because Dee Jay wouldn't make it in. Generally, it's the not-so-obvious ones, too.

Trailer 3 : The character from Tekken. Unless someone saw R.Mika in there but the outfit looked too tasteful in the third hint.

guitalex2010
10-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Plus, there's Ono's hint where he said "Wouldn't it be interesting if Zangief was paired up with another giant...?"

Trailer 1 : Juri, Dan, C.Viper - We know Dan has been Xed out already. Between Juri and C.Viper, I think it's going to be Juri. If C.Viper shows up, it's probably going to be as an Edit character.

Trailer 2 : ????, Dee Jay, Zangief (alt) - Zangief is already in the game so it cannot be him. My guess is ????. Mostly because Dee Jay wouldn't make it in. Generally, it's the not-so-obvious ones, too.

Trailer 3 : The character from Tekken. Unless someone saw R.Mika in there but the outfit looked too tasteful in the third hint.Heard someone say that the mecha Zangief is an allusion to, somehow, Jack.

Hatman
10-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Heard someone say that the mecha Zangief is an allusion to, somehow, Jack.
Generally, when it's an unrevealed character, the hint is far less obvious. Juri's gloves, while belonging to her, are far less obvious than Mech Zangief's Z belt alongside metal body.

Same with the Dee Jay dreads.

HypeMan!
10-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Friend thinks the Mecha Zangief is an allusion to being able to export costumes from IV to X.

Shinji Mimura
10-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Let's not forget, the whole reason we saw Sean's basketball stage in Rolento's trailer was to allude to Metro City BEHIND the basketball quart.

So perhaps Dan's hair, Viper's gloves are a reference to something. Now, what on earth Mech Zangief's belt or Dee Jay's dreads have to do with anything is beyond me, because Jack doesn't have much hair at all, or a belt worth mentioning, neither does Feng.

Vega, at very least, does have braiDED hair, so...meh.

Also, assuming these reveal trailers really are for 3 Cap chars, I believe we can expect 3 more trailers this week leading up to NYCC.

Hatman
10-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Honestly I think these 3 are all we get, two of them are for "new teams" and one is to complete a character team. Aka, one of them is for Zangief or Lili's partner and I don't see Asuka in there.

'cause that's what they did last time they released 3 trailers.

Shinji Mimura
10-12-2011, 09:54 PM
yeah but we've been getting 4...

Hatman
10-12-2011, 11:20 PM
yeah but we've been getting 4...

Exactly - they tease 3, we get 4.

Shinji Mimura
10-21-2011, 12:04 AM
First off: Rufus spoiled
Second off: Gems.

I'm a huge fan. I think the gem system is awesome, and as always, the "fans" of the game are crowing that the sky is falling and that the game is ass now.

Discuss.

Hatman
10-21-2011, 09:14 AM
We'll see. The biggest concern I can think of is tournaments. Picking 5 gems out of at least a 100 will only make the button-check/set-up even longer.

Also, DLC gems? Pre-order gems? Yeah, uh, no. Not in something you want to make sure is competitive. The only way I could see this fly is if they were early access to those gems.

Shinji Mimura
10-21-2011, 01:31 PM
1 - Doubtful. Just like a Marvel player knows their character's spot on the selection screen, the color, assist, and placing they'd like, I'm sure people will know where their gems are, what order the gems go in, etc.

2 - I'm pretty sure DLC gems are gonna work like Shuma and Jill; most every GOOD tournament should have them, but there will be those who don't, so you have to take into account those people.

HypeMan!
10-21-2011, 04:27 PM
I really think that creates a non-standardized environment though. One of the only things that I can really say I like about the iterative version releases Capcom typically does.

Hatman
10-21-2011, 04:48 PM
2 - I'm pretty sure DLC gems are gonna work like Shuma and Jill; most every GOOD tournament should have them, but there will be those who don't, so you have to take into account those people.
What about Pre-Order gems?

Shinji Mimura
10-21-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm pretty sure they will become available to all similar to how the Ultimate costumes will become available to all in time.

Shinji Mimura
11-01-2011, 08:19 AM
so they're considering removing Pandora mode since it is "weak-sauce."

I say keep it in. I mean, yes, it really does need a longer time duration to be usable, but as is, it's an extremely last-ditch effort to win the game when all is against you.

Hatman
11-01-2011, 10:04 AM
I had a discussion with a friend who's more vocal than bright when it comes to debating. He thinks it should be out because, well, why put it in if it's not going to do much of anything and there's already too much stuff going on.

I'd rather keep it in. It's not a comeback mechanic, it's a gamble mechanic. It's pretty much a "I will style on you and now I have the power to do it in the next 8 seconds." Fortunately, you cannot cancel into Pandora or else it would be stupid as hell.

HypeMan!
11-01-2011, 03:10 PM
As of right now, it just looks like there isn't a good way to capitalize on the gamble. Its more a suicide as it stands now. The fireball punish stuff seems decent but overly situational. Just as it stands, activating pandora is less a good idea and more a throw in the towel, lets throw crap against the wall and see if something sticks.

Where did you hear they were thinking about dropping the system? Pandora seems pretty corner stone to the game at least from a narrative end (for what thats worth).

Hatman
11-01-2011, 04:37 PM
They can stick with it on the narrative end. It doesn't mean that they cannot take it out since it's still the major motivation for most of the characters (Poison only goes because HEY LOOK MEDIA and she's an attention whore and wherever Poison goes, Hugo follows).

HypeMan!
11-01-2011, 08:03 PM
I guess. I think I would like to see it kept but just right now its a suicide move. And honestly, I can't think about anything though that wouldn't be XFC 2.0. I'm just worried about them shoving a number of gimmicky systems into the game. The 4 player co-op seems okay, though I think MK did it better, and 1 player controlling 2 characters just seems cumbersome. Personally though, I really like the gem system, both in form and function though. I can see the argument against it with tournaments but I really love the idea of customizing one's character more to their play style.

Hatman
11-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Also, Seth Killian mentioned that it's not the final form of Pandora and they're still playing with it (in an interview with Destructoid). If it doesn't work out, he would rather cut it but that's still in the hand of the actual developers (as in not him, he's a consultant, not a developer).

So far, I haven't seen anything related to the gem system that is extremely reprehensible more than the amount of time you have to button check.

EDIT : We got something.

"There's also time selection involved with the gems. Is it going to take too long for a tournament to effectively run it with the gem selection?

We're trying to take that into account and trying to work with first-party on different ways you might be able to carry your gems around with you as a potential loadout. We're exploring all the possibilities and trying to keep that in mind."

HypeMan!
11-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Exportable layouts to flash USB drive. Export your loadouts and carry them with you. It into a port and have an option for 'Chose from drive' pack a special SFxT branded USB drive with the collectors edition or just sell it separate. People can just walk up with their layouts on their key chains. Its an idea.

Shinji Mimura
11-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Personally, I find the hypothetical "gem picking" to be no more tedious than selecting the color and assist of your Marvel character.

HypeMan!
11-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Save with color its 1 of the 6 buttons you press and Assists you have 3 to chose from for each character, where as you have to flip through dozens of gems potentially.

Hatman
11-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Personally, I find the hypothetical "gem picking" to be no more tedious than selecting the color and assist of your Marvel character.

Except for the fact that you have hundreds of them and have 5 to pick IN ADDITION to your team/color. Add to that button checks (because you know they won't go the 3SOE route).

Also, USB drives, I doubt - most tournaments are ran under wired controllers only route. Meaning you need those USB ports and no console has enough (XBox360 has 3 with 2 in front and one in the back, generally reserved for a wireless adapter and the PS3 has a grand total of 2.) You need at least 4 to do this.

Someone brought up the possibility of a password selecting the gems for you.

Shinji Mimura
11-10-2011, 06:57 PM
I'd like to direction your attention to the (god-awful) interview with Clockwork and that female (I'd give her a name but she is unworthy).

Sodom in the background of a stage = confirmed for unplayable.

Keep wanting to believe, SFers...

Hatman
11-10-2011, 10:12 PM
I'd like to direction your attention to the (god-awful) interview with Clockwork and that female (I'd give her a name but she is unworthy).

Sodom in the background of a stage = confirmed for unplayable.

Keep wanting to believe, SFers...
Not so much confirmed for unplayable but extremely unlikely that he's in. Mech Zangief is in the background of a stage, after all. To be honest, there's only one man I want to be in and the fact that they're taking their sweet :):):):)ing time to reveal new characters does not inspire confidence in me.

'cause if he is, I think I know what team I'm rocking. Team Crazy Hair go.

Also, the moment Ibuki was confirmed to be Rolento's partner, Sodom had no chance.

Hatman
11-10-2011, 11:55 PM
We got blog translation here - http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2011/11/10/sfxt_dev_blog:_answers_to_fan_questions

No real new info but some people are thinking there's a hint for R.Mika being in there... but who would she team with? Karin?

Shinji Mimura
11-16-2011, 03:15 PM
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/nov/16/street-fighter-x-tekken-alternate-costumes/

Nina - Rolento
Kazuya - Dragunov
Ryu - Ogre
Ken - Lars
Julia - Alpha Chun-Li
Bob - Ryu
Kuma - R. Mika (lul)
Heihachi - Sodom
Hwoarang - Dee Jay
Steve - Charlie
Hugo - Ganryu
Poison - idk? Uh...Unknown from Tekken Tag Tournament? Given that her gender is unknown? :|...
Cammy - King (aww <3)

Hatman
11-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Julia - Alpha Chun-Li
That's SF2 Chun. Alpha Chun has pants.

Shinji Mimura
11-16-2011, 04:58 PM
That's SF2 Chun. Alpha Chun has pants.

Eh, I'm going off the color and overall look of the costume. SF2 chun has brown tights/pantyhose

Hatman
11-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Eh, I'm going off the color and overall look of the costume. SF2 chun has brown tights/pantyhose
Which... Julia has.

Shinji Mimura
11-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Julia wears shorts and boots. No tights. No pantyhose.

Shinji Mimura
11-17-2011, 09:20 AM
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/nov/16/custom-colors-swap-costumes-street-fighter-x-tekken/

Moar costumes. Dunno bout Sagat (it has been said he is Dragunov...again).

Hatman
11-18-2011, 11:30 AM
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/nov/16/custom-colors-swap-costumes-street-fighter-x-tekken/

Moar costumes. Dunno bout Sagat (it has been said he is Dragunov...again).
There's no one else it could be. JACK Guile is funny though.

Shinji Mimura
01-01-2012, 02:17 PM
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/jan/01/m-bison-and-ling-xiaoyu-leaked-street-fighter-x-tekken/

So Asuka, Dictator, and Xiaoyu have been spoiled. Hopefully we'll see those October spoilers now (Boxer, Claw, Juri).

Pretty certain Juri is with Dictator and Jin is with Xiaoyu. I'm really wondering how Dictator will play in this game since, as addressed in the SF4 thread, all he ever did was one of his standing kicks followed by Double Knee Press. Since Ryu got his Jodan Sokuto Geri, I wonder if Dictator will get his Marvel 2 Psycho Field (Psycho Ball is lame).

Hatman
01-02-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm still waiting on my main.

Hatman
01-17-2012, 10:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g7EFBSx0U0A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aknphNc6BjI

All is right with the world.

JavelinChimera
01-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Boxer and Claw, Boxer and Claw!

Also, I must have missed it multiple times, but at which point in any of those do we see the supposed Pac-Man and Megaman? Or is that somewhere else??

HypeMan!
01-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Its in the vita stuff.

JavelinChimera
01-17-2012, 03:53 PM
http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2012/jan/17/sfxt-megaman-and-pacman-trailer-screenshot/

I see it now that that it's blown way up. In the trailer, it looked like just black globs on my screen, lol >.>

Rider kick
01-17-2012, 07:08 PM
http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfxtk_en/trailer.html

here's all the trailers, So hype for this game! Juri and Hwrang not a single f**k will be given nor a single punch will be thrown!

Hatman
01-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Team dudebro hair confirmed. Paul "leave this to a bro" phoenix/guile

HypeMan!
01-27-2012, 02:10 AM
So yeah. Pac-man-Mokujin-Gustaff-Tron and Bad box art megaman.

Honestly, I feel like I want to feel more trolled, but I'm actually looking forward to playing him. I don't think Megaman or X would have fit in cross. I hope they release them on 360 as DLC so I can say 'I main Megaman' with a slightly straighter face.

Regardless, Pac-Man looks cool as hell.

I want Cross in UFS so I can play Megaman and Pac-Man

Hatman
01-27-2012, 09:58 AM
I'll add that since MM fans for the most part are MASSIVE trolled I have this trollrousal that simply cannot go away.

Shinji Mimura
01-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I really wonder if somebody has any stats as far as Megaman fan suicide rates and how much they have surely increased over the past year. Good stuff Ono.

Speaking of Ono, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2ad2-Mlcis

M Bison and Jin confirmed for Tuesday?

Hatman
01-28-2012, 06:01 PM
I know, I saw that and I giggled uncontrollably.

Grizzlegrom
01-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Megaman is trollfest supreme lol... I think I'd be more mad about the cats in the game than megaman :P they will be too short to hit with most projectiles probably

Shinji Mimura
01-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Megaman is trollfest supreme lol... I think I'd be more mad about the cats in the game than megaman :P they will be too short to hit with most projectiles probably

Not likely. They are not Servbot; they are more likely to be like Arthur/Rocket Raccoon

Hatman
02-01-2012, 03:11 PM
DLC rumors are abound!

DLC characters are slated to be Cody/Guy and Christie/Leo. Also, moar gems, free DLC colors for character customization and also the extra costumes are paid DLC. Just saying.

Shinji Mimura
02-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Yeah, heard about those. Can't forget Akuma/Ogre, too. Well...eh, at least they will sell better than Shuma-Jill since people actually care about Cody/Guy (and it appears as if you get them all, according to the rumor).

Also, Australia doing that thing where they actually have pro players test :):):):) out and fight :):):):). Balrog with that OMFG damage. Seriously, Balrog + ANY amount of meter = 40-50 off one combo, as opposed to Guile who hits like a wet paper bag.

Shinji Mimura
02-04-2012, 01:46 PM
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/feb/03/just-akuma-m-bison-jin-and-ogre-confirmed-street-fighter-x-tekken-move-sets-included/

Ogre, Jin, Akuma, M. Bison confirmed!

Hatman
02-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Yeah, heard about those. Can't forget Akuma/Ogre, too. Well...eh, at least they will sell better than Shuma-Jill since people actually care about Cody/Guy (and it appears as if you get them all, according to the rumor).
Akuma/Ogre are unlockables in-game, you can pay to have them right off the bat however.

Seriously, Balrog + ANY amount of meter = 40-50 off one combo, as opposed to Guile who hits like a wet paper bag.

:( but I'm sure that since this isn't the final build they'll tune him up.

Shinji Mimura
02-04-2012, 06:37 PM
:( but I'm sure that since this isn't the final build they'll tune him up.

Assuming you mean Guile, I don't honestly know. Guile's a weird character; he's a buff army guy with quite a bit of options, but it seems likely they designed him particularly to be a defensive, I-play-with-my-back-to-the-wall-purposefully sort of character. Now...while there aren't exactly combovids goin around, Melbourne's "Shadowloo" video has many Guile-Abel/Abel-Guile combos, and Guile is just not doing satisfactory damage. That makes sense, given his design, but it's like...I don't foresee Guile being the huge obstacle he was in Super in this game, whereas Boxer looks even more vicious than he already was.

Also, very interesting that Killian feels "Vega is the best out of the three SF reveals: Vega, Balrog, and Juri." That may very well be, but I mean...Vega hasn't been good because of CVS2, and my understanding of that was because of A-groove...

Hatman
02-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Assuming you mean Guile, I don't honestly know. Guile's a weird character; he's a buff army guy with quite a bit of options, but it seems likely they designed him particularly to be a defensive, I-play-with-my-back-to-the-wall-purposefully sort of character. Now...while there aren't exactly combovids goin around, Melbourne's "Shadowloo" video has many Guile-Abel/Abel-Guile combos, and Guile is just not doing satisfactory damage. That makes sense, given his design, but it's like...I don't foresee Guile being the huge obstacle he was in Super in this game, whereas Boxer looks even more vicious than he already was.
The thing with Guile is that yes, his Super damage was way too high. Guile is really just there to go "You ain't doing this." His command normals allow him to control the field of battle pretty well in front of him and the Sonic Boom remains one of the best projectiles ever. I don't know if he'll pair well with Paul but that's the first team I'm willing to try because Paul will likely hit like a mack truck so switching into Guile would be more about controlling space and with the launch, go with Paul, end my combo with a EX Phoenix Smasher (causes Wall Bounce), etc.

Also, very interesting that Killian feels "Vega is the best out of the three SF reveals: Vega, Balrog, and Juri." That may very well be, but I mean...Vega hasn't been good because of CVS2, and my understanding of that was because of A-groove...
Simply put, since the juggling and combo rules are so loose, he has much more opportunities than in SF to continue for damage.

Shinji Mimura
02-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Simply put, since the juggling and combo rules are so loose, he has much more opportunities than in SF to continue for damage.

This much is true. S-Kill specifically mentioned Rolling Crystal Flash, which works similarly to Ken's Tatsumaki (you can tag-out while the RCF keeps hitting).

Hatman
02-06-2012, 03:08 PM
This much is true. S-Kill specifically mentioned Rolling Crystal Flash, which works similarly to Ken's Tatsumaki (you can tag-out while the RCF keeps hitting).
Sounds like it, or Scarlet Terror putting them in juggle state really high for the partner to take advantage of, etc.

Hatman
02-15-2012, 01:46 PM
HOUSTON WE GOT NEWS

-Jin/Bipson/Akuma/Ogre confirmed with prologue videos
-Contestants for Cross Assault have been picked. I have no clue who's on Tekken but the dudes/dudette on the SF side have some interesting representation (It'd be Dr. Sub-Zero/ReNiC/Sherryjenix/NerdJosh/and an unknown.)
-Looks like this roster is the finalized roster barring DLC.

Rider kick
02-15-2012, 03:51 PM
maximillian just put up and intro video to learning the game. Its over at SRK and Iplaywinner.

Shinji Mimura
02-23-2012, 02:35 PM
So, apparently Sakura, Blanka, Dudley, Elena, Cody, Guy, and Bryan, Jack, Lars, Alisa, Lei, and Christie will be joining the cast at some point.

Super f**king salty about no Karin, but definitely looking forward to Lars and Bryan. I'm only interested in Elena because I was never a 3S player, but I heard she was pretty a$$ in that game so *shrug*

Hatman
02-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Super f**king salty about no Karin, but definitely looking forward to Lars and Bryan. I'm only interested in Elena because I was never a 3S player, but I heard she was pretty a$$ in that game so *shrug*
Anyone not named Chun was ass in 3S. Urien, Makoto, Yun and Yang were good. Even Ken fell off the radar at one point. Elena wasn't that low (that tier is reserved to Sean, Twelve and Q) but she was lower on the totem pole than those characters.

She's very interesting to play and I can't wait to see how she transitions.

Also, Cross Assault is awkwardly entertaining.

Shinji Mimura
02-24-2012, 04:43 AM
I was enjoying Cross Assault until I saw Pandora Elimination. Great, so instead of, you know, eliminating people because they lost, they want to keep the show "fair" by axing-off a player just to keep the ratios even. That's BS; team Tekken should just level up their game, and when they won the trial challenge, they should have been able to pick 1 from each team to play for elimination. Otherwise, if they did pandora just to keep ratios the same, why did they even have the trial challenge? Wouldn't team street fighter, had they won, still have to axe one of their own?

Eh, whatever the case was, both TFA Hornet and Dr Sub were looking EXTREMELY scrubby tonight, so I'm really hoping they level up, especially Hornet since he apparently got on the show for being A. the #1 Sakura on XBL and B. for being a pad player *shrug*

Hatman
02-24-2012, 11:04 AM
I was enjoying Cross Assault until I saw Pandora Elimination. Great, so instead of, you know, eliminating people because they lost, they want to keep the show "fair" by axing-off a player just to keep the ratios even. That's BS; team Tekken should just level up their game, and when they won the trial challenge, they should have been able to pick 1 from each team to play for elimination. Otherwise, if they did pandora just to keep ratios the same, why did they even have the trial challenge? Wouldn't team street fighter, had they won, still have to axe one of their own?
They had the trial for the advantage/disadvantage metagame, allowing Aris to claim a console back.

Shinji Mimura
02-24-2012, 07:51 PM
They had the trial for the advantage/disadvantage metagame, allowing Aris to claim a console back.

Mind explaining that?

Hatman
02-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Mind explaining that?
Each team challenge allows the winning team to choose either an advantage for their team or a disadvantage for their opponents.

Advantages are :
- An extra set-up in order to practice in the regular times.
- An extra practice session lasting 4 hours.

Disadvantages are :
- Removing a set-up from the opposing team.
- Banning 5 characters from tomorrow's team challenge (or something to that extent - I know it's banning 5 characters).

First day, Valle took away a console from Team Tekken due to winning, and Aris got it back on the second day for winning the trial challenge.

Shinji Mimura
02-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Ah, thanks for that.

So, man, this game is looking very balanced. If there's one thing I've seen so far, it's that the game's grapplers seem to be extraordinarily powerful, which is interesting given that they're normally terrible in Marvel, mid-ish tier in SF games, yeah in SFxT, what I call the middle ground between Marvel and SF, they are seeming to be just amazing!

For those who haven't been keeping up, a player's limbs will extend first before the actual hit, meaning that said limbs can be grabbed. In short, there are no kara throws in this game because opponents will kara themselves INTO a throw.

So, yeah, grapplers looking mad broken, Hugo and 'gief especially.

But yeah, most characters seem to be dealing the damage you think they will, and with friggin everybody having ground bounce, wall bounce, etc, seems pretty even.

Also, Ogre = Oni, which means he'll probably be banned :/

Hatman
02-26-2012, 07:57 PM
So, yeah, grapplers looking mad broken, Hugo and 'gief especially.
Don't sleep on the Tekken characters. They'll have some sick set-ups for throws, especially Marduk. Abel is looking mad awesome too.

HypeMan!
02-26-2012, 09:08 PM
I have to see Jin in action, and I can't wait for Hugo. If Oro or Urien can't be in X, Hugo makes me just as happy.

Hatman
02-26-2012, 10:39 PM
I have to see Jin in action, and I can't wait for Hugo. If Oro or Urien can't be in X, Hugo makes me just as happy.
They took every problem Hugo had in 3S and tossed away that :):):):). Dude has mad range.

HypeMan!
02-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Mad range, damage and decent speed now, plus the chaining in X. He's a freight train now. And he was good in 3S to begin with. They've just made is footsie tools sick.

Hatman
02-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Mad range, damage and decent speed now, plus the chaining in X. He's a freight train now. And he was good in 3S to begin with. They've just made is footsie tools sick.
When he wasn't blowing chunks because #staged (I had to, this meme is hilarious!), Bronson was doing great things with Hugo after launcher. IIRC it was a link string cancelled into a Shootdown Backbreaker and the damage was definitely up there.

HypeMan!
02-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Yeah, from what I've seen his corner lock down can be sick if you can guess the roll. You can have your opponent scared to do anything.

Shinji Mimura
02-27-2012, 07:20 PM
When he wasn't blowing chunks because #staged (I had to, this meme is hilarious!),

What meme?

Oh yeah, I'm not sleeping on the Tekken cast; I honestly think they are better (collectively) than the SF characters.

Having mentioned earlier that this game is a bit of a half-step between SF and Marvel, I think characters like Guile and Sagat are really not going to be very good, and the characters that needed the speed, such as Balrog, Juri, Vega, they're going to be great.

But yeah, the Tekken characters are just so awesome. I'm loving Julia, with the way she Wind Rolls into a ton of different mix-ups, and how like half of her moves are shared by Yun and Yang.

Hatman
02-28-2012, 08:01 AM
Oh, the whole Ross/Jago WWE not beef thing made stream monsters act as though they were betrayed by the highest order and now everything is staged.

HypeMan!
02-28-2012, 08:56 AM
What happened? Last I watched was Mike Ross running over Jago 5-0

Hatman
02-28-2012, 10:08 AM
What happened? Last I watched was Mike Ross running over Jago 5-0
I dunno, just that everyone knew the "rivalry" was staged and yet acted like offended virgins when Arturo streamed their talking about how the feud was super well set-up and everything... right after Arturo said he wasn't streaming.

Staring at Guile's pitiful damage makes me think I should go with Team "We wear gi's but aren't goddamned shotos" - Abel/Paul. I've started picking up Abel in 4 as a pocket character so...

HypeMan!
02-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Paul is pretty shoto, but yeah, I love Abel. He's beast.

Hatman
02-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Paul is pretty shoto, but yeah, I love Abel. He's beast.
No fireball, no uppercut, moveset is fat!twins (He has a version of upkicks!) He's not that shoto.

The more I look at this game, the more I think it's going to change everything for reasons unrelated to it.

HypeMan!
02-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Fair enough, but his normals are very shoto.

Shinji Mimura
02-29-2012, 05:31 PM
abel was already amazing in SF4, I don't see why he wouldn't be here.

I was interested in playing Kazu and Heihachi, but they just look so generic :/. Kuma looks horrible, which makes sense since he was bad in Tekken

Hatman
03-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Oh I know he's amazing.

Hei/Kaz seems like a good team but it's like playing Ryu/Ken at times from what I saw.

HypeMan!
03-01-2012, 11:57 AM
I can't wait for Kaz. Dat wave dash.

Shinji Mimura
03-02-2012, 02:12 AM
I can't wait for Kaz. Dat wave dash.

JIN'S GOT IT TOO LOL LIKE FATHER LIKE SON

Eh, I wouldn't say Kaz/Hei are like Ryu/Ken at all, rather, it just seems, at this day -1 that they have the same BnBs throughout. Or that's just because nobody knows other combos. It could most certainly be either one, 50/50

Speakin of Jin...why did they give him Dormammu's Black Hole? :|

HypeMan!
03-02-2012, 08:24 AM
I don't think Jin can wave dash chain his step. And as for Dorm spheres, I have no clue but I'm okay with it.

I'm planning on Jin, Ogre, Kaz, Able, Hugo and Mega Man in some combination. Who's everyone else intending to use.

Hatman
03-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Eh, I wouldn't say Kaz/Hei are like Ryu/Ken at all, rather, it just seems, at this day -1 that they have the same BnBs throughout. Or that's just because nobody knows other combos. It could most certainly be either one, 50/50
In the same way that day 1 Ryu/Ken are gonna look similar.

Shinji Mimura
03-02-2012, 03:52 PM
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/mar/01/heihachi-and-kuma-street-fighter-x-tekken-preview-level-your-game/

So, what is to be learned about Kuma from this video?

He probably deals THE most damage in the game. Easy 450 damage off 1 meter? The fu...

Also, fun fact about Ogre: he stole Super-Skrull's meteor smash. Both input and screen location.

TripsEX
03-06-2012, 02:49 AM
King, is, God.

HypeMan!
03-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Must play. Once I'm back from San Fran....

Shinji Mimura
03-06-2012, 02:32 PM
King, is, God.

Yeah, his launching knee is pretty much the new foot dive :/

Some interesting health nerfs on the Street Fighter side:

Cammy -50 (900), Juri -50 (900), Vega -50 (950), and LOLGUILELOL -50 (950)

Hatman
03-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Why in the hell is Guile at 950? Srsly Guile dying in two combos is not cool.

I thought of another decent team. Asuka/Abel. Anyone wanting to confirm?

Shinji Mimura
03-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Abel is so cool

My question is...like...what...is Asuka? What does she do? What's her thing? :|

TripsEX
03-07-2012, 01:41 AM
So King/Insert Shotokan Here is a pretty good combo.

Rider kick
03-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Hwoarang and Juri if anyone wants to play me on the ps3 it's Marvel_toxin. I'm always lookign for practice buddies.

Hatman
03-09-2012, 04:25 PM
My question is...like...what...is Asuka? What does she do? What's her thing? :|
IIRC she's more of an aikido character in Tekken. In here, I have no freaking clue.

Rider kick
03-09-2012, 07:01 PM
She uses this

Kazama-Style Self Defence, is a fighting style created and primarely used by the Kazama family. The fighting style encorporates traditional Japanese martial arts such as Aiki-Jujitsu or Daito-ryu Aiki-jujutsu (primarily), Aikido, Judo, and Karate.

failed2k
03-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Joining the party late here.

People were talking about abel, I was a pretty dedicated abel throughout SF4 and its incarnations and I will say right here, I think this Abel is nottt very good. I'll bulletpoint it to make it simple.

* His dash got nerfed and as a rushdown character with a bad dash that keys his offense, it is not a good thing.
* His command throw is still great, but its nothing the other grapplers don't have in this game.
*His anti-airgrab is still TERRIBLE in any situation but combos, this is made even more obvious by how incredibly good marduks anti-airgrab is.
*His Dash Cancel Move(The hold-down charge special to super move) is a back to forward charge move, this means its very difficult to do Armor Absorb dash cancel shenanigans like many of the other grapplers can, and in general is actually a really big deal, having to charge instead of command fast dash cancel REALLY hurts him.
*His roll is much harder to use for 50/50's because if they roll forward on wakeup, your roll 50/50 is literally ruined. This is a HUGE part of his sf4 offense and its basically completely gone now.

Abel I just think is going to be the worst of the grapplers by a significant amount. There is very little he does in this game better then marduk, and they do many of the same things.

Personally, I'm using Julia/Cammy. Cammy is much easier to use in this game then the very execution heavy SF4 counterpart and the system is quite kind to her normals. Julia is my favorite tekken character and i'm learning her on the fly atm, she has some easy(therefore consistant) bread and butters by herself, and she has pretty solid damage, along with some of the sickest dashes in the entire game. A lot of her "unique" chains seem pretty useless(any of them that go Light P-Light P in particular) but the ones that are good(Backmedium to anything, mountain crusher) are very good.

Hatman
03-10-2012, 10:59 PM
I decided to dump Guile. Even with Charge Partitioning, he's just not worth playing. You NEED a meterbuilding heavy loadout for him and if you don't have time to set-up your gems (I was playing at a local hangout that had the game loaded on 360) he's just too bad right out of the gate.

I'm not even sure I'll keep Paul but Paul has two things on Guile - Combos and actual damage. Knock them into the air, Hammer of the Gods for the ground bounce, c.MP into whatever is your ender of choice. Mortar Punch is surprisingly decent, Mountain Raze is a decent enough fireball punish and Sway is just godlike. Paul is a good anchor but I might need someone to set it up.

I also played Steve, Zangief and Poison. I'm liking all three so far. If I had more time with Steve I think he'd be the perfect character for me. Stances aplenty, and it looks like a counter move. (QCB + K)

JavelinChimera
03-11-2012, 03:57 AM
I've settled into Vega/King for the moment, liking that team so hard right now. My PSN is Javelin_C if anyone is looking for more UFS playstation friends. Just be warned, my internet in general usually sucks :p

Dillon
03-11-2012, 08:58 AM
i was watching a singles stream last night, steve seems pretty imbalanced

Hatman
03-11-2012, 09:04 AM
I'd add you but I don't actually have the game.

And yes, Steve is pretty high up there in terms of power but the game just came out and I sincerely doubt he'll go that much higher.

Rider kick
03-11-2012, 09:26 AM
I'll add ya later today Javelin.

Jane10lo
03-11-2012, 09:38 AM
I will play as soon as my brother gets bored with it...

Rider kick
03-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Or you could just come up and ask and play with me, we can play as two different fighters on the same team against people.

Jane10lo
03-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Or you could just come up and ask and play with me, we can play as two different fighters on the same team against people.

Team work? Me?

ATLDrew
03-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Do itttttttttttttt. Joe, Jane, add me. Gintoki011.

JavelinChimera
03-11-2012, 03:51 PM
I'd add you but I don't actually have the game.

And yes, Steve is pretty high up there in terms of power but the game just came out and I sincerely doubt he'll go that much higher.

I have pretty much every other fighting game on the PS3 too, if you still wanna, lol.

I'm in Arkansas btw, so hopefully I can get at least a few good connections with you ATL and Nashville guys

Shinji Mimura
03-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Eh, still waiting to return to San Antonio for spring break before I can play this lovely game :/ relegated to trolling the SRK forums

I already know Julia is going to be my main. Sucks she has no command grab :(

I'm curious as to who the other is going to be, and if Julia will be point or anchor (feels odd saying anchor when the 2 chars switch so much in this game). I want to play with chars I like, so while I wait for Lars and Bryan, I'm looking into Kaz, Dictator, Jin, or Ogre. I'm mostly excited for Dictator since one of my arguments in SF4 was that he literally was not a char, but idk if that's changed for him this game...

Also, I'm really, really interested in seeing how the tiers go, because Steve and Bob (and Law, honestly) were like, brokentier in the Tekken history. Evo 2011 with 4 Bobs, anyone? And yeah, Steven is just...*insert a large list of profanity* in Tekken, so I mean...

Finally, and this is probably my nubness coming out, how is Raven not completely top tier? He, IMO, IS Wesker of this game. Teleports, full-screen one-shot projectile, small combos but for pretty good damage, and shades 8| (if you color edit his skin and hair to white and blonde respectfully, I mean...)

Rider kick
03-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Drew I got SxT for the PS3.

Rider kick
03-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Team work? Me?

You can take point and I'll play clean up.