PDA

View Full Version : Gen Con events posted!

Drewkasa
05-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Just in case anyone didn't see, UFS events for Gen Con are now online. They are as follows:
Legacy worlds: Thursday at 1:00 PM with top cuts on Sunday at 10:00 AM
Extended worlds: Friday at 12:00 PM with top cuts on Saturday at 9:00 AM
Team Worlds Friday at 4:00 P.M. with top cuts on Saturday at 9:00 AM
Standard worlds Saturday at 12:00 PM with top cuts on Sunday at 10:00 AM

The cost for each event is eight dollars.

Birch
05-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Is that in addition to paying for the 80 dollar ticket into Gen-Con if so major rip just sayin

Hayamachop
05-01-2011, 11:23 PM
That is how all cons are....

Birch
05-01-2011, 11:27 PM
I phrased it funny. 80 to get into any building is a rip, especially since their isnt any garuntee I get anything out of it. 8 dollars for worlds is reasonable. And I live in Michigan, grew up near Detroit. There aren't many Cons here, so I wouldnt know. Well placed ellipse though. You showed me.

cottccid
05-01-2011, 11:41 PM
That is how all cons are....

Nope. I have been to 6 different gaming conventions, and I have never seen any con besides Gencon charge separately for games.

HypeMan!
05-02-2011, 01:41 AM
Thats the way GenCon is. Honestly the scale of it justifies the ticket, and there's plenty of stuff to do if you don't want to play in worlds. Though we need to fill as many seats as humanly possible to justify the reservation Jasco makes for the event, since they use those tickets to cover the space use as well, or I think you can be limited the next year (not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was how it worked).

vaporgecko
05-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Gencon is indeed expensive. But it's also the biggest gaming convention this side of the Atlantic. It's definitely worth the ticket, even if you only go for one major event, simply because of the breadth of people you are going to meet.

jason
05-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Yes you are all right, the tickets are required for these events to reserve the space, and if we do not use the space we reserved, we will be cut off by 20ish players the following year. Right now, I think we will fill up, I believe we have 65 spots for standard. Please get your event tickets BEFORE you go to GenCon! If you wait until the day of, and tickets are sold out, you will not have a spot in the event.

Also, for the $80 entry you do get a pretty nifty swag bag :) but yeah its still fairly expensive.

signing out,

-Jason

HypeMan!
05-02-2011, 05:42 PM
O yeah, the swag bag is sweet. Last year's little surprise goody made me freak ;) I think we all know the one.

vaporgecko
05-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Yeah! That Axis and Allies starter came with like, EIGHT D6s!

Da_ghetto_gamer
05-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Yes you are all right, the tickets are required for these events to reserve the space, and if we do not use the space we reserved, we will be cut off by 20ish players the following year. Right now, I think we will fill up, I believe we have 65 spots for standard. Please get your event tickets BEFORE you go to GenCon! If you wait until the day of, and tickets are sold out, you will not have a spot in the event.

Also, for the $80 entry you do get a pretty nifty swag bag :) but yeah its still fairly expensive.

signing out,

-Jason

What happens if you get alot more then 65 people any chance well be able to expand?

jason
05-07-2011, 11:15 AM
If it fills up enough time before GenCon commences than we will be given more spots.

NJBrock22
05-07-2011, 03:10 PM
jason the way you SHOULD have said it is: "We'd like to see at LEAST 65 show up this year" that way you're not restricting yourself... remember worlds a few years back with grinders... ya set up a restriction and well no one's gonna show up for fear of not making it, it's good that you said you may be able to get more spots but still, eh...

N.J.

HypeMan!
05-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Considering that last year I made reservations for 60 and we filled every seat for the after party and we were missing people, I'd say that seats are going to end up being fought over... Come guys, lets make it 80 ppl! >:D

Shinji Mimura
05-08-2011, 02:26 AM
Nope. I have been to 6 different gaming conventions, and I have never seen any con besides Gencon charge separately for games.

That's odd. All the conventions I've been to have charged or entry, and charged again for any tournament. Like...there's free play, but any actual tournament requires an entry fee separate from what you paid to get into the con.

Besides, 80 for GenCon isn't a rip; isn't it the biggest gaming convention in the US? I'm going to guarantee that, at 80 a person, they're profiting something big. Plus, it's only 80 for the entire thing; you pay less to go less days.

TripsEX
05-08-2011, 01:27 PM
I've been going to GenCon since it was in Milwaukee (sad to have seen it leave to the terrible, awful city known as Indianapolis) and they've always charged, but I've never had a problem with it. It's super big, you always get to see new stuff shown off and learn about up and coming stuff. It's a sweet deal.

ScottGaines
05-11-2011, 10:45 PM
we should cut extended worlds and have LEGACY TEAMS!!

Think of the hype from that.

HypeMan!
05-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Legacy Teams would be sick to watch

ScottGaines
05-13-2011, 04:12 PM
I think a team of Kirk Polka and Scott Gaines could body any 3 man team LOL.

ATLDrew
05-14-2011, 05:44 PM
I think a team of Kirk Polka and Scott Gaines could body any 3 man team LOL.

No love?

HypeMan!
05-14-2011, 06:35 PM
We'll team up and body them Drew.