PDA

View Full Version : Life Xianghua Shenanigans: IMMA WARRIOR

Omega
07-08-2010, 11:43 PM
I really like Xianghua's crazy jankiness. She looks like a LOT of fun to play, so I'm putting a deck together off of Life. Here's what I've come up with so far:

Characters: 0 + 1
1x Xianghua.

Actions: 10
4x Tieh Lei, Iron Thunder +1H
3x Acrobatic +1L
3x Silent Xia Sheng Stance +1M

Assets: 6
3x Eiserne Drossel +2M
3x Hall of the Warrior God +2H

Attacks: 15
4x Lowdown Neb +2M
4x Playful Slice +2L
4x Pointing Thrust +2H
3x Waterfall +2M

Foundations: 33
4x Hunt for Jin +2L
4x Looking for a Thrill +3H
4x Torn Hero
3x Deceptively Quick
3x Flexible Body +3M
3x Genius Alchemist
3x Just Kidding +2L
3x Know When to Talk... +3L
2x Lost Partner
2x Playful +3H
2x Recon +3M

Total Cards: 64 + 1
Average Diff: 165/64 = 2.57
Average CC: 277/64 = 4.32

Blocks - 53
High: 18
Mid: 18
Low: 17

Xianghua <3

The star players of the deck are Looking for a Thrill and Waterfall (the 'main' kill card). It's more or less the usual Life speed shenanigans, but with a few interactions that make the deck less predictable, and more fun to play.

Some of the speed pumps are obvious - Eiserne Drossel and Silent Stance, for example. Hall of the Warrior God is, quite simply, used for its extra +1, which adds up to a lot over time. You might give any given attack 3 separate speed pumps, which is an increase of 3 extra speed - given that the deck aims to kill with Waterfall, that means a lot.

Tieh Lei is a card I never really cared for...until now. It's able to trigger both abilities of Looking for a Thrill, while also having printed anti-discard, a great block, and a 5 check. Using it on Waterfall to give a +1/+2 lets you trigger LfaT's speed bonus, which translates into more damage, once you use the combo ability. With only TL and Hall out, this turns Waterfall from a mere 4L10 into a staggering 10L18. And that's on THREE enhances total for the attack. For other attacks, you can simply use LfaT's damage pump.

Lowdown Neb was chosen for its high base speed, added ability, as well as obvious combo potential with Playful and Acrobatic. Nothing says "I love you" like a Hall'd Drossel into Acrobatic, then more dumb pumps for a huge beat. Pointing Thrust also combos nicely with the actions, allowing you to attack, enhance, and then later bring the action back up, setting up your Waterfall in the process.

The rest is pretty self-explanatory, mostly. Obvious spam and utility foundations (Hero, Deceptively Quick, etc), meet bits of tech (Just Kidding to see some hand, Know when to Talk for added survivability, etc).

So far, I'm thinking the board will be Kisheri, 3x Steel Slicer, and Perfect Sense of Balance or FML (Full Moon Disembowel).

Comment, suggest, or critique awaaaay!

Nubian God
07-08-2010, 11:54 PM
I've successfully used Tieh Lei's anti-discard ability to kill promo Zhao Daiyu, and I can see it protecting your ass from Yoshimitsu support in Standard. I approve, 100%!

Mordai
07-09-2010, 02:13 AM
I'm not really a fan of that many actions tbh. Maybe cut your silent Xia Sheng stances? you already got lots of speed.
And think like this. Instead of that one big numbers attack, you could just play 1-2 more if you skip out on the actions. 1 action=miss out on 1 attack or make it harder to play.
Needs a challenge. one word "AMAZING". Would say that the 2 copies I had in my Astrid deck won me several battles.

Since you already do use Tieh Lei Iron thunder, consider adding tiger claw? Recycle momentum, get a couple of tiger claws in momentum and suddenly you got stun on all attacks!

SMazzurco
07-09-2010, 08:21 AM
I run her off air. Nursing a grudge can grab back just about any attack she plays from the discard. Also dragon flame in her can get mean quick.

The thing that always turned me off from waterfall was the difficulty. What turn can this deck usually go off?

Omega
07-09-2010, 04:16 PM
IN THEORY - no later than turn three. Haven't tested it yet. And given that Playful Slice is almost guaranteed to be placed in the pool by Xianghua...the difficulty's not TOO bad.

SMazzurco
07-09-2010, 08:02 PM
IN THEORY - no later than turn three. Haven't tested it yet. And given that Playful Slice is almost guaranteed to be placed in the pool by Xianghua...the difficulty's not TOO bad.

from experience, 2 slices in hand and one in the discard is just dumb.

Omega
07-09-2010, 09:18 PM
PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW

YOU ARE DEAD

Continue?

Tifer
07-10-2010, 01:12 AM
After seeing this, I think I may need to throw some P2P's in my deck after all.. Pretty nasty looking, haha.

Bloodrunstrue
07-10-2010, 02:44 PM
You're not running enough grey IMO.

Is 33 really satisfactory?

Omega
07-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Suggestions (preferably with blocks =P)?